criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes & Villains: Informational Thread (READ DESC)

1235Next

Replies

• Doctor_Jones
    135 posts Member
    edited February 19
    Lingering Dioxis is the only card I'd use besides the health from Dioxis. I do wonder if the damage reduction card during predator instincts is working?

@freshseth83
    Yes Predator Resilience works and has worked for a while. On that note, I'm very disappointed with Dice in the fact that there's still a dozen hero cards in the game that flat-out don't work, TWO YEARS AFTER THE GAME'S LAUNCH.
  • @Clone201
    Just a heads up, it happened that I had to test some stuff on Leia and I came up with these values:

Her Thermal Detonator can deal at most 250 damage, and the minimum I found was 2 damage. The inner radius seems to go up to 2m, and the outer radius up to 7m.

If I found something wrong feel free to correct me. I hope this will at least save you a bit of time in your awesome testing work.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • RogueZeroRendar
    2621 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Also, Iden's Pulse Cannon Splash Damage seems to be only 5 damage when hip firing now, and the normal 20 damage when ADS. As you never mentioned this on your tests, I assume they changed it this update.

EDIT: Also her max damage seems to be now 377 damage instead of 362 (100 * 1.8 * 1.9 + 20). I'm looking forward to your in depth analysis of her Pulse Cannon damage.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • This thread is one of the best on the forums..

^👍
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    The blaster hero stats have been moved on the 1st page at least 2 posts below the OP instead of the original 15 posts below.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    The blaster hero stats have been moved on the 1st page at least 2 posts below the OP instead of the original 15 posts below.

Thanks. And I’d like to formally complement you on the work you do in this area. Your contribution to this community is much appreciated.
  • @Clone201

d4dmycy3vokt.png

So it seems I was wrong by a meter here. Well, that makes Leia's thermal detonators even stronger. With her increasing radius card maybe it can become a proper Sith Killer in HvV, as 3 dets are enough to kill any dark side saber from full health, except Vader and Grievous. And as these don't damage Leia in return, throwing at your feet is a smart idea.

Also:
    kdblan50ucd7.png

Thanks for this in depth analysis here. One thing that caught my eye are the hip fire values. So this means that while hip firing the pulse cannon deals more damage the closer you are? Opposite from when ADS?
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• anidriX
    1748 posts Member
    @Clone201

So, I've been doing some test with Chewie on Arcade and then verified them with Rogue in Hero Showdown.

Under base bowcaster you got:
    Damage per shot - projectile (projectile): 20 to 25m, 15 from 40m
    Damage per shot - projectile (center): 72
    Damage per shot - explosive (explosion): 10 (scatter), 25 (center)

Any chance those are the actual values for Furious Bowcaster? Because bodyshots seem to deal 90 damage (20 per bolt x3 + 10 explosive damage per bolt x3) which are the values above minus the center ones (since there's no center anymore). 144 dmg headshot dmg.

90 dmg per bodyshot @ 60RPM is 90 DPS which is why Chewie feels so weak.

On my tests, I dealt 217 dmg to the body with Furious Bowcaster, 354 to the head.

What do you mean by this:
    Removes charged explosive shots during use

Could you please confirm?
  • Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    edited March 7
    anidriX wrote: »
    @Clone201

You can't fire that single high-damage shot with FB on, only scattered shots, although you can change the projectile scatter. Without FB, just aim down sight and fire, and you get that charged, scoped shot off.

• anidriX
    1748 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »
    @Clone201

You can't fire that single high-damage shot with FB on, only scattered shots, although you can change the projectile scatter. Without FB, just aim down sight and fire, and you get that charged, scoped shot off.

Oh you mean the single bolt you get when ADSing with the Base Bowcaster. I thought you meant something else.

What about the base bowcaster? It doesn’t have a center projectile anymore. Only FB has one now.

• Clone201
    4003 posts Member
    @Clone201

Oh you mean the single bolt you get when ADSing with the Base Bowcaster. I thought you meant something else.

What about the base bowcaster? It doesn’t have a center projectile anymore. Only FB has one now.

I am aware. I was under the impression that a user would be able to know when the center projectile would exist or not when turning FB on or off.
  • anidriX
    1748 posts Member
    @Clone201

I am aware. I was under the impression that a user would be able to know when the center projectile would exist or not when turning FB on or off.

It was just a question, no need to be condescending...
  • Doctor_Jones
    135 posts Member
    edited March 12
    @Clone201
    Did some testing with Chewie's new bowcaster on split screen dual mode, and I found it behaves very strangely now. The bowcaster has different damage values depending on whether or not you're aiming down sight, using Furious Bowcaster, or landing headshots.

Standard bowcaster from hip
    • Damage - 90 total (3 pellets)
    • Individual pellet damage - 20
    • Explosive damage per pellet - 10
    • Headshot damage - 144
    • Headshot damage multiplier - 1.9

Standard bowcaster from ADS
    • Damage - 100 total (1 pellet)
    • Pellet damage - 50
    • Explosive damage - 50
    • Headshot damage - 145
    • Headshot damage multiplier - 1.9

Furious Bowcaster from hip
    • Damage - 182 total (5 pellets)
    • Individual pellet damage - 26.4
    • Explosive damage per pellet - 10
    • Headshot damage - 291
    • Headshot damage multiplier ~ 1.825

Furious Bowcaster from ADS
    • Damage - 217 total (5 pellets)
    • Individual pellet damage - 30.4
    • Explosive damage per pellet - 13
    • Headshot damage - 353
    • Headshot damage multiplier ~ 1.895

Notice the different pellet damage values / headshot multipliers between Chewie's hip fire, Furious Bowcaster hip fire & Furious Bowcaster ADS. Why Dice decided to make the gun this way is very odd. Also Chewie's melee still does 90 damage, no bonus damage for back hits. Slam still does 150 to heroes, 200 to infantry.
    Post edited by Doctor_Jones on
  • Doctor_Jones
    135 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Tested Boba's jetpack today and re-confirmed that it burns from full to empty for 5 seconds, and it takes 12 seconds for it to refill from empty to full. With Fuel Efficiency on his jetpack burns full-to-empty in 5.75 seconds, and Quick Refill replenishes jet fuel empty-to-full in 10.2 seconds.
    • Default jetpack: 5 second burn
    • Default refill: 12 seconds
    • Fuel Efficiency: 5.75 second burn
    • Quick Refill: 10.2 seconds
    On that note, Boba has a lot of **** garbage star cards, I think Dice should combine Fuel Efficiency & Quick Refill into one and keep it named Fuel Efficiency. In turn a new card I'd give him would be something for his For the Hunt ability. A card that would either increase the effective radius/activeness of the radar, increase the duration of the ability when you get a kill, increase the damage of his blaster slightly when active, make his blaster fully automatic when active, or even prevent his gun from overheating when active. I think the first option is most appealing, but one of the other ideas could be replaced with the god-awful Death from Above. Still **** that Dice didn't give Boba aim down sight like in previous BF. They could easily reimplement ADS by replacing it with his ability to use the jetpack with (left trigger). He can already use the jetpack with the jump button, nothing is lost. Maybe they can add an extra option in the gameplay settings for Boba, a "swap trigger for ADS" mode.
  • @Clone201 I think you might want to re-test swing speeds. I tested them and got different average values. Lower, basically. I don't know what you did but I saw how long it took to drain their entire stamina tank, then say, if it took 6 seconds, divide the numer of strikes they can do by 6. I did this for both animation sequences for characters that have them. Open the table to see in-depth analysis, but here are the averages, from fastest to slowest, in swings/s

Luke- 2.03
    Dooku- 1.96
    Anakin- 1.86 (but his moves are swordsmaster perfect lol)
    Obi-Wan- 1.83
    Vader- 1.81
    Rey, Maul, Grievous- 1.8
    Kylo-1.72
    Yoda-1.43

Maybe you should re-check swing speeds. Your results seem overestimated, drastically. Maybe they gave sabers a swing speed nerf, but Rey does NOT swing the same speed as Luke Skywalker. Check again, my friend.
  • @Clone201 also, the faster attack sequences were:
    Luke- 2.14
    Dooku- 1.96
    Obi-Wan- 1.9
    Vader- 1.85
    Rey- 1.84
    Maul- 1.81
    Grievous- 1.8
    Kylo-1.73
    Yoda-1.43
  • Slower ones were:
    Luke- 1.94
    Dooku- 1.96
    Obi-Wan- 1.76
    Vader- 1.78
    Rey- 1.77
    Maul- 1.79
    Grievous- 1.8
    Kylo-1.72 (but .7177 instead of .72...)
    Yoda-1.43
  • @AnakinVader33

If your first test was checking until their stamina ended, then it's not a valid test because you'd mix both saber sequences in one test, which would definitely result in a relation between the speed of them both, and also related to the length of each in your test (as with a few exceptions, heroes have not enough stamina to complete their both sequences in one go).

But checking the sequences' speeds is good enough.

Unless my theory of individual swing speeds being totally different from one another hold true. In which case all this "swing speed stat" people have been using since forever to backup all sorts of claims is mostly useless and misleading. For if each swing has its own speed, and considering rarely you'll swing 3 times or more in a row, it's the swing you usually do that matter, and not the average between these and those that you never use because they are too late in the saber sequences.

Considering this seems to be the case with Dodge Attacks, which in turn are just attacks brought from the middle of saber sequences, I'll assume it's true.

But if there's something I don't like to test is the duration of stuff. Having to frame the object of study perfectly to discover its duration with .1 precision is very annoying to me. Especially having to rely on 30fps footage instead of 60fps (my PC is trash).
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• @AnakinVader33

If your first test was checking until their stamina ended, then it's not a valid test because you'd mix both saber sequences in one test, which would definitely result in a relation between the speed of them both, and also related to the length of each in your test (as with a few exceptions, heroes have not enough stamina to complete their both sequences in one go).

Unless my theory of individual swing speeds being totally different from one another hold true. In which case all this "swing speed stat" people have been using since forever to backup all sorts of claims is mostly useless and misleading. For if each swing has its own speed, and considering rarely you'll swing 3 times or more in a row, it's the swing you usually do that matter, and not the average between these and those that you never use because they are too late in the saber sequences.

Considering this seems to be the case with Dodge Attacks, which in turn are just attacks brought from the middle of saber sequences, I'll assume it's true.

But if there's something I don't like to test is the duration of stuff. Having to frame the object of study perfectly to discover its duration with .1 precision is very annoying to me. Especially having to rely on 30fps footage instead of 60fps (my PC is trash).

Precisely. If i'm not mistaken @Clone201 has stated taking into account attacks in neutral stance, to which i said that it was good knowledge but it could mislead in a practical application for the very reasons you invoked.
    But he has also put some more nuances to it, more specifically how sequences would vary after each dodge attack (which i believe you are the one who encouraged him to test that ?) .
    But there are other circumstances too, not taken into account. One great example is how Luke attack sequence after his rush (the one that begins with that vertical descending blow - i believe it is the 4th-5th attack in his normal stance sequence) is the fastest in the game by huge miles.

• @AnakinVader33

Precisely. If i'm not mistaken @Clone201 has stated taking into account attacks in neutral stance, to which i said that it was good knowledge but it could mislead in a practical application for the very reasons you invoked.
    But he has also put some more nuances to it, more specifically how sequences would vary after each dodge attack (which i believe you are the one who encouraged him to test that ?) .
    But there are other circumstances too, not taken into account. One great example is how Luke attack sequence after his rush (the one that begins with that vertical descending blow - i believe it is the 4th-5th attack in his normal stance sequence) is the fastest in the game by huge miles.

Yep, I talked about it with Clone back in the day, and after we discussed about it for a bit he tested the dodge attacks and added them to his analysis.

And yeah, each attack probably has its own properties, so it would be great to have an analysis more focused on the swing speeds we normally use, instead of averages that take around 6 swings to be calculated, from which half or more you won't use most of the time.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

• @RogueZeroRendar I was just getting an average mate. Luke has the fastest average swing rate.
  • @RogueZeroRendar I was just getting an average mate. Luke has the fastest average swing rate.

Don't take me wrong, this is great! Just like Clone did back in the day and has been updating since.

And your sequence tests are right on spot (of method ofc, I can't verify the numbers unless I do one myself, and this is the type of test I really don't like to perform).

I just wanted to point out the first test because it would definitely lead nowhere, and also try to resurface this idea that individual swing speeds may be a ton more important to each character then their averages.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?