criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Wookiee stealth and roaring

Ever played a Wookiee and tried to head quietly into an enemy-occupied area to get the drop on the bad guys, their backs all to you -- and then your Wookiee gives a wild roar, immediately alerting the enemies to your presence, and they all turn their blasters on you...?

I wish you could have your character go into a "shut up" mode somehow.

Replies

• ...Wookie ...Stealth :D
  • ...Wookie ...Stealth :D
  • Throw the grenade first. They’ll have bigger things to worry about.
  • That is an interesting point. Having a Saber hero (especially Yoda on a night map) turn off their light saber can be a night and day difference when being stealthy. Perhaps there should be a silence mode or button. Maybe even when the chat is turned off it could double as silence for the character? But then it just wouldn't be the same not hearing a head strong character like Luke suddenly shouting "I'll Stop you!" from behind.
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member
    edited January 8
    Mouthrax wrote: »
    ...Wookie ...Stealth :D
    What? Wookiees can't be stealthy even for a few moments? They're just big dumb clumsy brutes who roar all the time and mumble-shout things like "Rudwarra SMASH!"?

Wookiees are hunters, they stalk and take down dangerous and cagey creatures in the dark Underworld of their forests on Kashyyyk. And they're highly intelligent, probably more so generally speaking than humans.

They can sneak.
  • As it should be . Heavies never seem to remember how much noise they make while running either Lol
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    That is an interesting point. Having a Saber hero (especially Yoda on a night map) turn off their light saber can be a night and day difference when being stealthy. Perhaps there should be a silence mode or button. Maybe even when the chat is turned off it could double as silence for the character? But then it just wouldn't be the same not hearing a head strong character like Luke suddenly shouting "I'll Stop you!" from behind.

I'm big on turning the ol' saber off.

It would be nice if you could temporarily turn off banter and such, or only have it trigger when the characters are facing each other. I've mentioned it before, but I'm sure they have much bigger things to fix (stamina/no block bug, Luke's cards randomly falling off, staff strike, force moves not working but going to cooldown, Iden's stun on jumping d00ds, saber slash vacuum tracking, etc)
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • i am ALL for a banter turn off BUTTON. i still want banter on
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    This game should add in-game chat