criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Thoughts again on Imperial skins

2

Replies

  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    I agree with all skins, and I'm also in favor of providing non-canon skins as well.

    Here's my main belief: if a skin looks cool, it belongs in the game.
    I can both agree and disagree with this.

    First of all, more content is generally good.

    But what looks "cool" to one person looks terrible to another. I've seen posts asking for Batman and Spider-Man clone armor, Hello Kitty Stormtroopers, Barbie-themed Rebels, Legend of Zelda Rebels, Power Rangers Clones.

    That all sounds terrible to me, and would push me out of playing the game at all. Most of the people I know who play would stop playing too.

    This is why the concept of "canon" exists -- it's the minimum we can all agree on as being Star Wars.

    This game is not canon, it's so obvious it hurts.
    They are actually quite carefully accurate, for the most part. Disney demands that they are. The only real exception to this is the cross-era heroes, and the only problem with that is that it spread out of the Hero modes and into the Assault modes.

    Restricting creativity and the amount of content in a game for the sake of "lore" is just silly because it's a multiplayer shooter.
    Why does the fact that a game is a Multiplayer shooter somehow meanits okay for it to look lame and ridiculous? I keep seeing people use that argument, but I don't see it having any weight.

    I say bring on the Pink Darth Vaders, put a bow tie in Chewy's hair, heck, lets throw in a paint ball mode and big head mode while we're at it too!
    I'd very much rather not ever see any of those skins, but if enough people wanted them, I guess I wouldn't mind too terribly much as long as they were restricted to dream matches and fantasy modes like HvV.

    Games are supposed to be one thing: fun.
    Excluding skins and other content for dumb reasons is not fun.
    What creates fun for one person can kill fun for another, or for dozens of others. I had to stop playing GA entirely, since between the cross-era heroes and the hero spam in general I stopped being able to enjoy it. Many players would give up on the game entirely if it lost what little sense of authenticity it has. I know I would.

    Can you imagine how much less fun Goldeneye 007 would have been if they excluded big head mode and paintball mode because it's not "lore"?

    How about removing the Birthday Party or High Voltage armor effects from Halo Reach because a few ppl didn't like them, while the large majority of players either didn't care or loved them?
    Never played those, don't know anything about them. But it sounds like those two modes you're talking about are dream matches and fantasy modes, so I wouldn't mind them being added if people wanted them. As long as they didn't spread into the Assault Modes, which are meant to be more immersive and authentic.

    With Halo Reach and it's armour effects, I hated them, as for the exact same reasons as this game, I want an authentic experience....I wanted to play as a Spartan super-soldier, not some weird body suit with love hearts blowing off of me, it completely ruined the multiplayer for me. So I wouldn't listen to this guy

    well good for you you can play as a super soldier now. But guess what else happened? Oh yeah, the entire fall of the franchise and it's main player base.

    still think that implementing gameplay features for the sake of lore is a good idea?

    Halo 4 dying within one year doesn't seem to validate your point very well.

    crazy how people like you boast with pride about being partially responsible for the crappy games we have in our generation.

    ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

    Halo 4 died for many completely unrelated issues, the franchise went downhill for MANY. OTHER. ISSUES. Not just 1 very minuscule detail that still, to this day, has had no major effect on how the games were/are made.
    Now lets stick to the topic, shall we?

    wanna know the biggest excuse 343 uses for implementing sprint into Halo? YUP, it's Lore!

    wanna know one of the biggest complaints about modern Halo? YUP, it's sprint!

    see if you think for a few moments you'd realize that I am on the subject, and my main point is that taking lore into consideration when creating a video game is a pizz poor practice. It has been and always will be.

    very few people actually care about multiplayer in games being canonically accurate, it just happens that the people who give a rats behind about the color of a piece of armor or gun have really big mouths and therefore get heard more.

    does that mean what they're saying has any resonance? not at all.

    it's the big mouthed people who cried about troopers rolling out of the way of lightsabers that got us this ridiculously BAD light saber combat we have today.

    Oh yeah, and Rey or Luke lunging 15 feet toward someone with their light saber in the blink of an eye is not lore, just so ya know.


  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    I agree with all skins, and I'm also in favor of providing non-canon skins as well.

    Here's my main belief: if a skin looks cool, it belongs in the game.
    I can both agree and disagree with this.

    First of all, more content is generally good.

    But what looks "cool" to one person looks terrible to another. I've seen posts asking for Batman and Spider-Man clone armor, Hello Kitty Stormtroopers, Barbie-themed Rebels, Legend of Zelda Rebels, Power Rangers Clones.

    That all sounds terrible to me, and would push me out of playing the game at all. Most of the people I know who play would stop playing too.

    This is why the concept of "canon" exists -- it's the minimum we can all agree on as being Star Wars.

    This game is not canon, it's so obvious it hurts.
    They are actually quite carefully accurate, for the most part. Disney demands that they are. The only real exception to this is the cross-era heroes, and the only problem with that is that it spread out of the Hero modes and into the Assault modes.

    Restricting creativity and the amount of content in a game for the sake of "lore" is just silly because it's a multiplayer shooter.
    Why does the fact that a game is a Multiplayer shooter somehow meanits okay for it to look lame and ridiculous? I keep seeing people use that argument, but I don't see it having any weight.

    I say bring on the Pink Darth Vaders, put a bow tie in Chewy's hair, heck, lets throw in a paint ball mode and big head mode while we're at it too!
    I'd very much rather not ever see any of those skins, but if enough people wanted them, I guess I wouldn't mind too terribly much as long as they were restricted to dream matches and fantasy modes like HvV.

    Games are supposed to be one thing: fun.
    Excluding skins and other content for dumb reasons is not fun.
    What creates fun for one person can kill fun for another, or for dozens of others. I had to stop playing GA entirely, since between the cross-era heroes and the hero spam in general I stopped being able to enjoy it. Many players would give up on the game entirely if it lost what little sense of authenticity it has. I know I would.

    Can you imagine how much less fun Goldeneye 007 would have been if they excluded big head mode and paintball mode because it's not "lore"?

    How about removing the Birthday Party or High Voltage armor effects from Halo Reach because a few ppl didn't like them, while the large majority of players either didn't care or loved them?
    Never played those, don't know anything about them. But it sounds like those two modes you're talking about are dream matches and fantasy modes, so I wouldn't mind them being added if people wanted them. As long as they didn't spread into the Assault Modes, which are meant to be more immersive and authentic.

    With Halo Reach and it's armour effects, I hated them, as for the exact same reasons as this game, I want an authentic experience....I wanted to play as a Spartan super-soldier, not some weird body suit with love hearts blowing off of me, it completely ruined the multiplayer for me. So I wouldn't listen to this guy

    well good for you you can play as a super soldier now. But guess what else happened? Oh yeah, the entire fall of the franchise and it's main player base.

    still think that implementing gameplay features for the sake of lore is a good idea?

    Halo 4 dying within one year doesn't seem to validate your point very well.

    crazy how people like you boast with pride about being partially responsible for the crappy games we have in our generation.

    ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

    Halo 4 died for many completely unrelated issues, the franchise went downhill for MANY. OTHER. ISSUES. Not just 1 very minuscule detail that still, to this day, has had no major effect on how the games were/are made.
    Now lets stick to the topic, shall we?

    wanna know the biggest excuse 343 uses for implementing sprint into Halo? YUP, it's Lore!

    wanna know one of the biggest complaints about modern Halo? YUP, it's sprint!


    That was 343's in game reasoning for sprint, but the reason they added it was because other popular games at the time (namely COD BO2) had sprint implemented, so they wanted some of that crowd to gain more customers and ride the band wagon
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • I won't reply to anything else that isn't related to Star Wars/Battlefront
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • I won't reply to anything else that isn't related to Star Wars/Battlefront

    oh you don't like comparisons? chill, it's a very common form of articulating an argument.


    343 ruined Halo by considering lore into it's gameplay.

    DICE ruined Star Wars Battlefront by considering lore into it's gameplay.


    is that easy enough for you?

    maybe I sound condescending, but when I'm being perfectly respectful to OP and having a discussion and you wanna stick your nose in and say "don't listen to this guy" simply because you disagree with me, maybe you'd get a bit more respect.
  • I won't reply to anything else that isn't related to Star Wars/Battlefront

    oh you don't like comparisons? chill, it's a very common form of articulating an argument.


    343 ruined Halo by considering lore into it's gameplay.

    DICE ruined Star Wars Battlefront by considering lore into it's gameplay.


    is that easy enough for you?

    maybe I sound condescending, but when I'm being perfectly respectful to OP and having a discussion and you wanna stick your nose in and say "don't listen to this guy" simply because you disagree with me, maybe you'd get a bit more respect.

    Comparisons are fine, it was just when we went on a little tangent specifically talking about Halo.
    Now, I only said "don't listen to this guy" in reference to armour effects, as I would place them into a different category of cosmetics from that of skins, and should stay out of this game.
    In regards to your previous replies and your own topic, I wouldn't be too opposed to Legend skins, as long as they aren't too outlandish and at least have some grounding (i.e. NO pink Vader)
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • superdood92
    398 posts Member
    edited February 2
    I won't reply to anything else that isn't related to Star Wars/Battlefront

    oh you don't like comparisons? chill, it's a very common form of articulating an argument.


    343 ruined Halo by considering lore into it's gameplay.

    DICE ruined Star Wars Battlefront by considering lore into it's gameplay.


    is that easy enough for you?

    maybe I sound condescending, but when I'm being perfectly respectful to OP and having a discussion and you wanna stick your nose in and say "don't listen to this guy" simply because you disagree with me, maybe you'd get a bit more respect.

    Comparisons are fine, it was just when we went on a little tangent specifically talking about Halo.
    Now, I only said "don't listen to this guy" in reference to armour effects, as I would place them into a different category of cosmetics from that of skins, and should stay out of this game.
    In regards to your previous replies and your own topic, I wouldn't be too opposed to Legend skins, as long as they aren't too outlandish and at least have some grounding (i.e. NO pink Vader)

    I think we can all agree that more content is definitely needed in this game, lore friendly or not. The current state of the customization is pathetic and I would think that even the most hardcore lore bois and gurls would be satisfied with having SOMETHING.

    maybe I'm wrong, maybe nothing is fine so as long as the sacred lore is not tainted with skins that aren't from parts of the Star Wars universe nobody but hardcore Star Wars fans know about.

    I will always stand by my gameplay>lore stance because there is a lot more important things that go into a video game than just lore.

    plus, this is a video game for cryin' out loud. If people are really looking for some deep and meaningful lore from a casual shooter game, then that's just wrong.

    That's the same as going to McDonalds and expecting a prime rib platter with imported wine from France.
  • Straw men. Gameplay > Lore, all of it. You all seem to cycle back to straw men. You're not discussing, not listening.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Straw men. Gameplay > Lore, all of it. You all seem to cycle back to straw men. You're not discussing, not listening.



    Here's some advice: if you're going to take a stance, people are almost always going to challenge it.

    you reacting in such an immature fashion to someone opposing your view points just further proves my point.

    I've provided valid reasons to each of your arguments and why I believe they are all false, and then you respond with a "oh you're just grabbing straws." As far as I can see, I've stood firm with my gameplay>lore argument and have provided adequate reasons to why I think so. It appears to me that you haven't provided ANY reasons as to why you prioritize lore over gameplay.

    I can only assume you have selfish reasons for believing so, reasons that would not improve the game's longevity playability for most of the player base, they would only improve your own personal experience.

    sorry, but if you think that skins or other fun elements of the game should be removed for the sake of you and a few other people's feelings, then that's just crappy game design. Excluding content for the sake of picky people like you is exactly why we have such an incomplete game in the first place, so it's pretty ironic that you're complaining about something that people like you created.

    feel free to continue to counter my points if you want, or you can just give up and say "oh you're just grabbing straws."

  • I can both agree and disagree with this.

    First of all, more content is generally good.

    But what looks "cool" to one person looks terrible to another. I've seen posts asking for Batman and Spider-Man clone armor, Hello Kitty Stormtroopers, Barbie-themed Rebels, Legend of Zelda Rebels, Power Rangers Clones.

    That all sounds terrible to me, and would push me out of playing the game at all. Most of the people I know who play would stop playing too.

    This is why the concept of "canon" exists -- it's the minimum we can all agree on as being Star Wars.


    You cannot exclude game content simply because "another player might not like it" Simply because you or anyone else doesn't like it, doesn't mean that millions of others wouldn't. Yes, I agree, Hello Kitty, Spider Man, all that is a bit too much, but something a bit edgy or weird not being put in for the sake of "a few people might not like it" is just a non-argument and lazy. Do I like all the skins in Gears of War 4? No. Am I going to quit the game just because I played against someone using a color-blasted Kait skin? No lol I would have to be very childish and immature to do so. If you quit a game because small things like that bother you THAT much, then you ought to rethink why you play games in the first place. Being nit picky about stuff like that is never good, and it's not good to appeal to people like that because then you get games like this that are washed out as all heck for the sake of people who "might not like" the crazy stuff.



    They are actually quite carefully accurate, for the most part. Disney demands that they are. The only real exception to this is the cross-era heroes, and the only problem with that is that it spread out of the Hero modes and into the Assault modes.


    I won't even waste your time listing all the things in this game that are not canon, but if you really look at it under a clear lense, you'll see that this game is so canonically inaccurate it's ridiculous to think that Disney uses that excuse to exclude content from the game. Their stingy attitude toward making more content in the games is not from concerns about the dignity and stature of the franchise, it's about saving money; plain and simple. You cannot fall for all the **** PR they put out as a gesture to justify their actions.


    Why does the fact that a game is a Multiplayer shooter somehow meanits okay for it to look lame and ridiculous? I keep seeing people use that argument, but I don't see it having any weight.


    It has a lot of weight actually. Using the Lore vs Gameplay argument as a way to design games is one of the worst things that has ever happened to gaming. And nobody said anything about making it look lame and ridiculous. You know what does look ridiculous? Having almost all identical soldiers on a battlefield spamming the hell out of anyone they see and using little to no strategy at all to win against the enemy. Yeah, I think that's a bit more ridiculous than having a silly skin.

    If you wanna keep believing that lore should override gameplay than go ahead and give this video a watch (entirely). It basically debunks the entire mindset in every single way and exposes how ridiculous and low-effort the argument is to begin with:




    I'd very much rather not ever see any of those skins, but if enough people wanted them, I guess I wouldn't mind too terribly much as long as they were restricted to dream matches and fantasy modes like HvV.

    I can agree with this too. I'm not saying that I personally want Pink Vader, but I'm well aware that there are tons of people out there that would want him. I'm speaking on behalf of the people who don't always browse the forums and reddit or whatever and could possibly appreciate things like that.



    What creates fun for one person can kill fun for another, or for dozens of others. I had to stop playing GA entirely, since between the cross-era heroes and the hero spam in general I stopped being able to enjoy it. Many players would give up on the game entirely if it lost what little sense of authenticity it has. I know I would.


    This is going to be in every game. It's just up to the developers to decide what is going to be fun for the majority of players while making the obvious sacrifice of other players who will not enjoy it. This is a reality of practically ever form of entertainment: tv shows, movies, games, so forth.

    The biggest problem with this game is that it excludes way to many players with it's design model.
    -good players being rewareded with powerful units and therefore dominating even more.
    -paying a huge amount of credits that took hours to earn on a hero only to barely get the chance to play with him/her
    -having every game mode dominated by players who have played the game more, not necessarily players who have more skill

    the list goes on. HOPEFULLY this large scale game mode that they're hypin' up is a mode thats fun and accessible for everyone, because at the moment, each mode in the game seems to be ran by good players.

    obviously a ranking system in certain modes could fix this, but you and I both know they won't be doing this. I guess this is just what happens when they make an entire game casual.


    Never played those, don't know anything about them. But it sounds like those two modes you're talking about are dream matches and fantasy modes, so I wouldn't mind them being added if people wanted them. As long as they didn't spread into the Assault Modes, which are meant to be more immersive and authentic.

    Obviously something like big head mode or paintball mode would be it's own playlist.

    Also, you need to go play them. Like now. 007 Goldeneye and Halo are two games that are partly why shooting games on consoles are even a thing.

    You may not enjoy them because you're apparently from a different generation, but for people like me, it's clear to see what they have done for the genre, and it pains me to see what shooters have become compared to what they used to be.

    my main point: games main priorities are having fun, but clearly in this age they seem to have lost their identity on what their true purpose is.



    Sad!

    [/quote]
    I just watched the video from the quote above in its entirety. The guys reasoning and logic were impeccable. I agree with all of it.

    None of it applies to this game nor the the OP of this thread.

    There was no Halo lore before the game. Star Wars is overwhelmingly the opposite. And this thread is about the addition of lore cosmetics, not actual gameplay. Even if it were you still can’t apply the points of the video to Star Wars. As an example, you simply cannot give all heroes both blasters and sabers in an effort to justify gameplay balance. I’m certain I don’t need to explain why. Pink Vaders, Spider-Man printed imperial armors, etc., are of course ridiculous and are never going to happen, but the video wasn’t about that at all. It was about lore vs gameplay. This thread, and the quality of the OP, is about the multitude of lore skins available at the cost of little to virtually no developmental effort. Sure, you don’t throw gameplay out the window for the sake of lore, but in Star Wars, you certainly can’t do the reverse either. And you don’t have to.

  • [/spoiler]
    I just watched the video from the quote above in its entirety. The guys reasoning and logic were impeccable. I agree with all of it.

    None of it applies to this game nor the the OP of this thread.

    There was no Halo lore before the game. Star Wars is overwhelmingly the opposite. And this thread is about the addition of lore cosmetics, not actual gameplay. Even if it were you still can’t apply the points of the video to Star Wars. As an example, you simply cannot give all heroes both blasters and sabers in an effort to justify gameplay balance. I’m certain I don’t need to explain why. Pink Vaders, Spider-Man printed imperial armors, etc., are of course ridiculous and are never going to happen, but the video wasn’t about that at all. It was about lore vs gameplay. This thread, and the quality of the OP, is about the multitude of lore skins available at the cost of little to virtually no developmental effort. Sure, you don’t throw gameplay out the window for the sake of lore, but in Star Wars, you certainly can’t do the reverse either. And you don’t have to. [/quote]

    it still applies to any game out there, and that includes Star Wars games. Star Wars games are not any more different than other games, being that their main priority is good gameplay and fun. Like I've said before, if you want lore and canon and all that boring stuff, go pay the campaigns, read the books, and watch the movies. Trying to convince anyone that multiplayer needs to be "lore friendly" is just killing the game and stripping it from it's potential.

    To say that "none of it applies to this game" is just fallacious because there are countless people in the BF2017 community saying that lightsaber heroes should be darn near invincible just because that's "canon." You don't think a few people on this forum arguing such ridiculous things should consider his argument that lore needs to stay away from multiplayer?

    skins tie into multiplayer gameplay and they do fall into the lore vs gameplay debate. OP is saying that he wants all skins to be 100% lore friendly, which is ironically being used as an excuse by the devs as to why we have such a washed out and minimal game. THAT is detrimental to BF2017's gameplay because people like him that advocate for 100% canon friendly multiplayer are just limiting what can be put into the game.

    There are many possibilities beyond the Star Wars lore that could make for some amazing skins. Just look at Gears of War 4 skins: Day of the Dead skins, Zombie skins, Vintage skins, Biker Marcus.

    NONE of these are canon, yet people go out of there way to purchase them and use them anyway.


    Star Wars games were at their peak when all this nonsense wasn't even in the debate. Modders would create such awesome skins and game modes that had nothing to do with canon or lore.


    my main point is that lore should always take the back burner when it comes to multiplayer in any game, period. Advocating or canon accurate multiplayer is just hurting the game, whether you want to believe it or not.

    PS: Pink Vader is ok, but imagine a stormtrooper with eloquently illustrated roses and vines on it?

    pzfbqgqdc84m.jpg

  • CeymalRen
    890 posts Member
    edited February 2
    [/spoiler]
    I just watched the video from the quote above in its entirety. The guys reasoning and logic were impeccable. I agree with all of it.

    None of it applies to this game nor the the OP of this thread.

    There was no Halo lore before the game. Star Wars is overwhelmingly the opposite. And this thread is about the addition of lore cosmetics, not actual gameplay. Even if it were you still can’t apply the points of the video to Star Wars. As an example, you simply cannot give all heroes both blasters and sabers in an effort to justify gameplay balance. I’m certain I don’t need to explain why. Pink Vaders, Spider-Man printed imperial armors, etc., are of course ridiculous and are never going to happen, but the video wasn’t about that at all. It was about lore vs gameplay. This thread, and the quality of the OP, is about the multitude of lore skins available at the cost of little to virtually no developmental effort. Sure, you don’t throw gameplay out the window for the sake of lore, but in Star Wars, you certainly can’t do the reverse either. And you don’t have to.

    it still applies to any game out there, and that includes Star Wars games. Star Wars games are not any more different than other games, being that their main priority is good gameplay and fun. Like I've said before, if you want lore and canon and all that boring stuff, go pay the campaigns, read the books, and watch the movies. Trying to convince anyone that multiplayer needs to be "lore friendly" is just killing the game and stripping it from it's potential.

    To say that "none of it applies to this game" is just fallacious because there are countless people in the BF2017 community saying that lightsaber heroes should be darn near invincible just because that's "canon." You don't think a few people on this forum arguing such ridiculous things should consider his argument that lore needs to stay away from multiplayer?

    skins tie into multiplayer gameplay and they do fall into the lore vs gameplay debate. OP is saying that he wants all skins to be 100% lore friendly, which is ironically being used as an excuse by the devs as to why we have such a washed out and minimal game. THAT is detrimental to BF2017's gameplay because people like him that advocate for 100% canon friendly multiplayer are just limiting what can be put into the game.

    There are many possibilities beyond the Star Wars lore that could make for some amazing skins. Just look at Gears of War 4 skins: Day of the Dead skins, Zombie skins, Vintage skins, Biker Marcus.

    NONE of these are canon, yet people go out of there way to purchase them and use them anyway.


    Star Wars games were at their peak when all this nonsense wasn't even in the debate. Modders would create such awesome skins and game modes that had nothing to do with canon or lore.


    my main point is that lore should always take the back burner when it comes to multiplayer in any game, period. Advocating or canon accurate multiplayer is just hurting the game, whether you want to believe it or not.

    PS: Pink Vader is ok, but imagine a stormtrooper with eloquently illustrated roses and vines on it?

    pzfbqgqdc84m.jpg

    [/quote]

    I find your arguments unconvincing. There are many CANON and lore friendly skins that could be added. Tons of them. The devs can't really say that the lore is holding them back without making themselves look silly. Game play must be in line with the lore. Otherwise there's no point in making a game part of the franchise. One can stretch it but there is a limit.
    "Like I've said before, if you want lore and canon and all that boring stuff, go pay the campaigns, read the books, and watch the movies". This has got to be one of the most arrogant things I've read on these forums.
  • [/spoiler]
    I just watched the video from the quote above in its entirety. The guys reasoning and logic were impeccable. I agree with all of it.

    None of it applies to this game nor the the OP of this thread.

    There was no Halo lore before the game. Star Wars is overwhelmingly the opposite. And this thread is about the addition of lore cosmetics, not actual gameplay. Even if it were you still can’t apply the points of the video to Star Wars. As an example, you simply cannot give all heroes both blasters and sabers in an effort to justify gameplay balance. I’m certain I don’t need to explain why. Pink Vaders, Spider-Man printed imperial armors, etc., are of course ridiculous and are never going to happen, but the video wasn’t about that at all. It was about lore vs gameplay. This thread, and the quality of the OP, is about the multitude of lore skins available at the cost of little to virtually no developmental effort. Sure, you don’t throw gameplay out the window for the sake of lore, but in Star Wars, you certainly can’t do the reverse either. And you don’t have to.

    it still applies to any game out there, and that includes Star Wars games. Star Wars games are not any more different than other games, being that their main priority is good gameplay and fun. Like I've said before, if you want lore and canon and all that boring stuff, go pay the campaigns, read the books, and watch the movies. Trying to convince anyone that multiplayer needs to be "lore friendly" is just killing the game and stripping it from it's potential.

    To say that "none of it applies to this game" is just fallacious because there are countless people in the BF2017 community saying that lightsaber heroes should be darn near invincible just because that's "canon." You don't think a few people on this forum arguing such ridiculous things should consider his argument that lore needs to stay away from multiplayer?

    skins tie into multiplayer gameplay and they do fall into the lore vs gameplay debate. OP is saying that he wants all skins to be 100% lore friendly, which is ironically being used as an excuse by the devs as to why we have such a washed out and minimal game. THAT is detrimental to BF2017's gameplay because people like him that advocate for 100% canon friendly multiplayer are just limiting what can be put into the game.

    There are many possibilities beyond the Star Wars lore that could make for some amazing skins. Just look at Gears of War 4 skins: Day of the Dead skins, Zombie skins, Vintage skins, Biker Marcus.

    NONE of these are canon, yet people go out of there way to purchase them and use them anyway.


    Star Wars games were at their peak when all this nonsense wasn't even in the debate. Modders would create such awesome skins and game modes that had nothing to do with canon or lore.


    my main point is that lore should always take the back burner when it comes to multiplayer in any game, period. Advocating or canon accurate multiplayer is just hurting the game, whether you want to believe it or not.

    PS: Pink Vader is ok, but imagine a stormtrooper with eloquently illustrated roses and vines on it?

    pzfbqgqdc84m.jpg

    [/quote]
    Yes, gameplay is of paramount importance to a good game.

    No, cosmetic customization has no bearing on gameplay.


    This statement...

    “skins tie into multiplayer gameplay and they do fall into the lore vs gameplay debate. OP is saying that he wants all skins to be 100% lore friendly, which is ironically being used as an excuse by the devs as to why we have such a washed out and minimal game. THAT is detrimental to BF2017's gameplay because people like him that advocate for 100% canon friendly multiplayer are just limiting what can be put into the game. ”

    ...is untrue.

    Never, anywhere, have the devs, or anyone involved with this game made such an excuse.

    Attempting to make this discussion about gameplay vs canon is disingenuous. Having issues with the gameplay is justified. Claiming that the colors on the troopers effects that gameplay, isn’t. You could re-skin the entire game as cabbages vs potatoes with laser guns and swords, and it wouldn’t change the gameplay at all.

    If you’d like radical, non-canon skins that’s fine. Start a post and lobby for it. Trying to equate Pink Vader to better saber combat dynamics, or stormtroopers with hippy paint jobs to better gunplay... That’s a negative.
  • superdood92
    398 posts Member
    edited February 2

    Never, anywhere, have the devs, or anyone involved with this game made such an excuse.



    Oh? Have you forgotten?

    apparently you have. Now you're just denying obvious facts and history.




  • Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

  • Never, anywhere, have the devs, or anyone involved with this game made such an excuse.



    Oh? Have you forgotten?

    apparently you have. Now you're just denying obvious facts and history.

    Yeah they did
    EA CFO Blake Jorgensen says those kinds of offerings probably aren't in the cards for Battlefront 2, though, because of EA and LucasArts' focus on "not violating the canon of Star Wars."
    They literally have said it right here. Canon skins only, because they said so, and most likely are bound to Disney's contract, which means no, non-canon skins are out, and will likely stay that way.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »

    Never, anywhere, have the devs, or anyone involved with this game made such an excuse.



    Oh? Have you forgotten?

    apparently you have. Now you're just denying obvious facts and history.

    Yeah they did
    EA CFO Blake Jorgensen says those kinds of offerings probably aren't in the cards for Battlefront 2, though, because of EA and LucasArts' focus on "not violating the canon of Star Wars."
    They literally have said it right here. Canon skins only, because they said so, and most likely are bound to Disney's contract, which means no, non-canon skins are out, and will likely stay that way.

    Good.

    Now. How about the highly controversial yet cannon helmet less storm troopers?

    KmliM.png
  • superdood92
    398 posts Member
    edited February 2
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is already being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »

    Never, anywhere, have the devs, or anyone involved with this game made such an excuse.



    Oh? Have you forgotten?

    apparently you have. Now you're just denying obvious facts and history.

    Yeah they did
    EA CFO Blake Jorgensen says those kinds of offerings probably aren't in the cards for Battlefront 2, though, because of EA and LucasArts' focus on "not violating the canon of Star Wars."
    They literally have said it right here. Canon skins only, because they said so, and most likely are bound to Disney's contract, which means no, non-canon skins are out, and will likely stay that way.

    Good.

    Now. How about the highly controversial yet cannon helmet less storm troopers?

    KmliM.png

    Those would be fine tbh, If it's canon it has potential.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is already being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    You see, the one thing with all of those games stated is that they really didn't exist until the Companies made them, and because they made them, they could decide what is and isn't canon. EA cannot do that with the Star Wars IP, as the established canon is held by Disney, and they can cut out whatever they consider non-canon, which means DICE won't be able to add it to the game. Simply put, Star Wars already has an established canon, and Disney will not let them break it, so they literally can't add non-canon skins, as the Established Universe is set for as long as Disney holds the Star Wars IP.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    IMPERIAL HEAVY:
    • Heavy Stormtrooper Corporal: black pauldron, backpack, Common/5k - available at Heavy level 10
      500?cb=20151106024111
    • AT-DP Combat Engineer: grey uniform / field armor, closed-face helmet, Uncommon/10k - available at Heavy level 20
      AT-DP_Pilot.png
    • Heavy Stormtrooper Sergeant: white pauldron, backpack, Uncommon/10k - available at Heavy level 30
      starwars_bust_sandtrooper_sgt_01.jpg
    • Navy Gunner: black uniform and beetle helmet, Rare/20k - available at Heavy level 40
      7397e3211122f1e99236e77b357a433d.jpg
    • Heavy Stormtrooper Captain: orange pauldron, backpack, Rare/20k - available at Heavy level 50
      Heavy_Stormtrooper.PNG
    • AT-AT Driver: TIE armor but white and grey, Epic/40k - available at Heavy level 60
      star-wars-at-at-driver-sixth-scale-1001241-01.jpg
    • Tank Trooper: white armor with tank helmet, Epic/40k - available at Heavy level 70
      df8a188b0320e19dbca78791d9a25018.jpg

    I would pay real money for that Tank Trooper skin. :open_mouth:
  • superdood92
    398 posts Member
    edited February 2
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is already being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    You see, the one thing with all of those games stated is that they really didn't exist until the Companies made them, and because they made them, they could decide what is and isn't canon. EA cannot do that with the Star Wars IP, as the established canon is held by Disney, and they can cut out whatever they consider non-canon, which means DICE won't be able to add it to the game. Simply put, Star Wars already has an established canon, and Disney will not let them break it, so they literally can't add non-canon skins, as the Established Universe is set for as long as Disney holds the Star Wars IP.

    I understand that, I'm just saying that it would not hurt sales of Battlefront 2 or Star Wars at all. Star Wars is beyond being this sacred pinaccle of sci fi amazingness that it once was before. To me, all of that is gone with the recent installments of the mainline films and it's clear to me that they don't get a rat's butt about what Star Wars was truly about, and that they were just milking it to death and trying to squeeze every cent they could out of it, which I guess they partially did, but while at the same time sacrificing nearly half of the original fan base that loved Star Wars before.

    so yes, they can continue to dictate Star Wars and pretend they care about it's history and canon while at the same time killing every single thing that it once was.

    Non canon skins would sell, period. If Disney cannot see that, then they must be losing their muster when it comes to reelin' in the cash.

    This ties in with the whole "saturation" nonsense too. Everything they seem to be doing to this game makes absolutely no sense for both the players and the developers.


    Honestly, I just want to play as an officer or assault trooper who doesn't have the same outfit as the other 4 skins. is that too much to ask for?

    apparently it is.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    No, we are simply stating that non-canon skins won't make it, and here's why, and you seem to make comparisons to games that had no canon until they were made, and games that were owned by the companies that made the universe the games were in. This game is neither of those things, The universe it's situated in is not owned by it's makers, and it already has established lore. That's why non-canon skins won't make it in.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is already being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    You see, the one thing with all of those games stated is that they really didn't exist until the Companies made them, and because they made them, they could decide what is and isn't canon. EA cannot do that with the Star Wars IP, as the established canon is held by Disney, and they can cut out whatever they consider non-canon, which means DICE won't be able to add it to the game. Simply put, Star Wars already has an established canon, and Disney will not let them break it, so they literally can't add non-canon skins, as the Established Universe is set for as long as Disney holds the Star Wars IP.

    I understand that, I'm just saying that it would not hurt sales of Battlefront 2 or Star Wars at all. Star Wars is beyond being this sacred pinaccle of sci fi amazingness that it once was before. To me, all of that is gone with the recent installments of the mainline films and it's clear to me that they don't get a rat's butt about what Star Wars was truly about, and that they were just milking it to death and trying to squeeze every cent they could out of it, which I guess they partially did, but while at the same time sacrificing nearly half of the original fan base that loved Star Wars before.

    so yes, they can continue to dictate Star Wars and pretend they care about it's history and canon while at the same time killing every single thing that it once was.

    Non canon skins would sell, period. If Disney cannot see that, then they must be losing their muster when it comes to reelin' in the cash.

    This ties in with the whole "saturation" nonsense too. Everything they seem to be doing to this game makes absolutely no sense for both the players and the developers.


    Honestly, I just want to play as an officer or assault trooper who doesn't have the same outfit as the other 4 skins. is that too much to ask for?

    apparently it is.

    Of course it wouldn't hurt the sales, but when you are worth 98 billion dollars, and you can decide what is canon and what isn't, you tend not to worry too much about sales on a game with a terrible reputation. While I don't like the new movies, I accept that they are canon.

    Also, yes they can do that, as they own the IP, which means they could even say the OT is non-canon if they wanted. they could kill it completely if the wished to, and they can decide which skins make the cut.
    Non-canon skins would sell if they looked cool, but again Disney (And also EA) have much more profitable brands, which they don't have to share the costs with, and they will prioritize those rather than this. They are a 98 billion dollar company, they most likely aren't concerned about cash that much.

    To try and play as a trooper who doesn't have the same outfit as the four others is pretty much impossible, if you think a skin is cool, many more players will think a skin is cool, and you'll still look like most other players.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Never, anywhere, have the devs, or anyone involved with this game made such an excuse.



    Oh? Have you forgotten?

    apparently you have. Now you're just denying obvious facts and history.




    Yeah, I forgot about that, because it’s forgettable.

    The guy clearly has strong opinions about the lootbox fiasco, and he’s entitled to them. At least those gripes are valid.

    I encourage everyone to watch the this video closely, and follow along with this fellas line of reasoning. The quoted text he uses to construct his tirade are subsequently twisted and his conclusions are intellectually dishonest. The data mined files were of an incomplete customization options menu. The quote is clearly referring to customization options that are non-canon. We have subsequently received the completed customization menu, and the options are all canon accurate. The use of witty and profane language is a masking effort. Claiming that the quote was a lie... is in fact, a lie.

    Holding EA in contempt for the pay to “advance a little faster” lootbox system is fair. Misrepresenting the facts to bolster opinion is... typical. But hey, give a guy a camera...

    Sensationalism: 101. Run of the mill garbage.
  • y'all are hopeless. I'll be back in 3 months when you STILL don't have any new skins, canon or not.

    maybe then you'll come to your senses and stop defending greedy companies that don't give a hoot about you.
  • y'all are hopeless. I'll be back in 3 months when you STILL don't have any new skins, canon or not.

    maybe then you'll come to your senses and stop defending greedy companies that don't give a hoot about you.

    Not defending them entirely, but simply stating that asking for non-canon skins won't work, as DIsney won't allow them lol. What don't you get?
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    I am really not trying to start a fight here even though you're being very rude.

    You're saying that if they implemented non canon skins they would't be milking the franchise? The fact that they are protective of the IP in this way is a good thing IMO.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    y'all are hopeless. I'll be back in 3 months when you STILL don't have any new skins, canon or not.

    maybe then you'll come to your senses and stop defending greedy companies that don't give a hoot about you.

    Not defending them entirely, but simply stating that asking for non-canon skins won't work, as DIsney won't allow them lol. What don't you get?

    And... There are new skins arriving this month.
  • So... back on topic.

    Who would be up for the Patrol Trooper?

    solo-db-patrol-troopers-main-image_2ff22bc4.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1561%2C878&width=960
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    I am really not trying to start a fight here even though you're being very rude.

    You're saying that if they implemented non canon skins they would't be milking the franchise? The fact that they are protective of the IP in this way is a good thing IMO.

    Limiting content in a game when fans clearly want more = good thing.

    got it.

    and if you've seen the recent Star Wars Episode 8, you'll know that they don't give a sheeet rock about this IP.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    I am really not trying to start a fight here even though you're being very rude.

    You're saying that if they implemented non canon skins they would't be milking the franchise? The fact that they are protective of the IP in this way is a good thing IMO.

    Limiting content in a game when fans clearly want more = good thing.

    got it.

    and if you've seen the recent Star Wars Episode 8, you'll know that they don't give a sheeet rock about this IP.

    EP 8 was the best thing since Empire. I also don't see how it's limiting anything. Just make canon skins. There's more than enough. Done. Also I will not reply to your posts any-more as they clearly derail the thread. Have a good day. :)
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    I am really not trying to start a fight here even though you're being very rude.

    You're saying that if they implemented non canon skins they would't be milking the franchise? The fact that they are protective of the IP in this way is a good thing IMO.

    Limiting content in a game when fans clearly want more = good thing.

    got it.

    and if you've seen the recent Star Wars Episode 8, you'll know that they don't give a sheeet rock about this IP.

    EP 8 was the best thing since Empire. I also don't see how it's limiting anything. Just make canon skins. There's more than enough. Done. Also I will not reply to your posts any-more as they clearly derail the thread. Have a good day. :)

    troll confirmed. Episode 8 is the worst star wars film ever created. if you can't see that, then clouded your vision is.

    milk and honey, they gotta make that money. Have fun putting it into their pockets.
  • CeymalRen
    890 posts Member
    edited February 2
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    y'all are hopeless. I'll be back in 3 months when you STILL don't have any new skins, canon or not.

    maybe then you'll come to your senses and stop defending greedy companies that don't give a hoot about you.

    Not defending them entirely, but simply stating that asking for non-canon skins won't work, as DIsney won't allow them lol. What don't you get?

    And... There are new skins arriving this month.

    Yeah but that's just the clones. I know some people are excited for that but it's no Empire/FO. Besides these fractions have litteraly nothing :(
  • It's nice to see skin discussions that aren't just "Change the Officer"
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    y'all are hopeless. I'll be back in 3 months when you STILL don't have any new skins, canon or not.

    maybe then you'll come to your senses and stop defending greedy companies that don't give a hoot about you.

    Not defending them entirely, but simply stating that asking for non-canon skins won't work, as DIsney won't allow them lol. What don't you get?

    And... There are new skins arriving this month.

    Yeah but that's just the clones. I know some people are excited for that but it's no Empire/FO. Besides these fractions have litteraly nothing :(

    No argument here.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    I am really not trying to start a fight here even though you're being very rude.

    You're saying that if they implemented non canon skins they would't be milking the franchise? The fact that they are protective of the IP in this way is a good thing IMO.

    Limiting content in a game when fans clearly want more = good thing.

    got it.

    and if you've seen the recent Star Wars Episode 8, you'll know that they don't give a sheeet rock about this IP.

    EP 8 was the best thing since Empire. I also don't see how it's limiting anything. Just make canon skins. There's more than enough. Done. Also I will not reply to your posts any-more as they clearly derail the thread. Have a good day. :)

    troll confirmed. Episode 8 is the worst star wars film ever created. if you can't see that, then clouded your vision is.

    milk and honey, they gotta make that money. Have fun putting it into their pockets.

    It’s the worst film in your opinion. Personally, AOTC has it for me.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    I am really not trying to start a fight here even though you're being very rude.

    You're saying that if they implemented non canon skins they would't be milking the franchise? The fact that they are protective of the IP in this way is a good thing IMO.

    Limiting content in a game when fans clearly want more = good thing.

    got it.

    and if you've seen the recent Star Wars Episode 8, you'll know that they don't give a sheeet rock about this IP.


    In your opinion.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    I am really not trying to start a fight here even though you're being very rude.

    You're saying that if they implemented non canon skins they would't be milking the franchise? The fact that they are protective of the IP in this way is a good thing IMO.

    Limiting content in a game when fans clearly want more = good thing.

    got it.

    and if you've seen the recent Star Wars Episode 8, you'll know that they don't give a sheeet rock about this IP.


    In your opinion.

    The social justice is strong with this one.

    Might I ask, do you also enjoy avacado on your toast?
  • CeymalRen
    890 posts Member
    edited February 3
    EDIT: Removed. I swear some of the comments I posted yesterday are popping up today in random order XD
    Post edited by CeymalRen on
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    I am really not trying to start a fight here even though you're being very rude.

    You're saying that if they implemented non canon skins they would't be milking the franchise? The fact that they are protective of the IP in this way is a good thing IMO.

    Limiting content in a game when fans clearly want more = good thing.

    got it.

    and if you've seen the recent Star Wars Episode 8, you'll know that they don't give a sheeet rock about this IP.

    Hardly limiting content when there is plenty of canon skins, which are unique and different, that they could add. If we include, not only the Empire, but Rebels, Clones, Droids and FO and Resistance, there are well over 100 skins they could add
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • Another option for imperial officer could be based on Beckett:

    solo-db-gallery-tobias-beckett-val-rio-mimban_6f6f57c2.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720
  • One more based on a deleted scene:

    219646971_5834081301001_5834069524001-vs.jpg?pubId=219646971&videoId=5834069524001
  • Dice. Make it so! @F8RGE can you give us some info? Pretty please with sugar on? :D

    geosgz5kfgs11.jpg
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    I am really not trying to start a fight here even though you're being very rude.

    You're saying that if they implemented non canon skins they would't be milking the franchise? The fact that they are protective of the IP in this way is a good thing IMO.

    Limiting content in a game when fans clearly want more = good thing.

    got it.

    and if you've seen the recent Star Wars Episode 8, you'll know that they don't give a sheeet rock about this IP.


    In your opinion.

    The social justice is strong with this one.

    Might I ask, do you also enjoy avacado on your toast?

    No, I don’t like the film either, but there are plenty who do like it, and it success at the office was pretty good . So again, in your opinion it’s the worst.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Something wrong with the forums these last couple of h. Having problems with responding. Anywho.

    What's the point of your debate. There are literally DOZENS of hero skins that are 100% canon. Double that for troopers.

    Adding out of lore/cannon skins debate can wait until we ran out of those ok?

    it will not make a difference whether they are canon or not. if the skin looks cool, people will want to buy it. You think the average player of Battlefront 2 really cares if an outfit or piece of armor he/she is wearing is accurate to the Star Wars universe? lol

    I'm not saying I would care if they decide to go 100% canon, i'm just saying that it's foolish to say that people will stop playing the game if they include skins that are non canon.

    Gears of War, Rainbow Six, Fortnite, Halo, League of Legends all have more loyal and steady player bases than Battlefront 2 and they all have ridiculous cosmetic items available.

    arguing that non-canon items would "ruin the game" is pointless. This game is being ruined by poor gameplay and a lack of content.

    Yes but the debate is mute as Disney (rightfully so) will never agree to non canon skins. They might agree to adding a hood here and there but that's about it.

    As long as there are plenty of cannon appearances I see no problem anyway. What is the point of this debate?

    hmm another person defending the greedy actions of the wealthiest corporations on earth? Who woulda thunk it.

    go ahead and take Disney's and EA's side on this, but then know taht you cannot rightfully complain about a lack of content in their games again.

    cancelled games, stingy business practices that try to milk the Star Wars brand, only ONE Star Wars game being supported at the moment and it's 100% the worst Star Wars game ever made.

    yet you defend Disney through all this nonsense? lol

    I feel pretty bad for you.

    I am really not trying to start a fight here even though you're being very rude.

    You're saying that if they implemented non canon skins they would't be milking the franchise? The fact that they are protective of the IP in this way is a good thing IMO.

    Limiting content in a game when fans clearly want more = good thing.

    got it.

    and if you've seen the recent Star Wars Episode 8, you'll know that they don't give a sheeet rock about this IP.


    In your opinion.

    The social justice is strong with this one.

    Might I ask, do you also enjoy avacado on your toast?

    No, I don’t like the film either, but there are plenty who do like it, and it success at the office was pretty good . So again, in your opinion it’s the worst.

    You can't ignore the fact that it's the most disappointing Star Wars movie of all time and tons of people have just gave up on Star Wars mainly because of THAT film.

    Believing anything else is just silly.
  • Great thread OP. Would love to have some new Imperial skins. So much potential.
    #StarWars-y
  • i would like to see all these imperial skins in the game but it takes time, money, and people and idk if they are committed to that
    vp5mrloc8rmu.gif
  • I'm sorry but i love this trooper armour.

    Mudtroopers (Swamp trooper)

    fgdz5a8hhsur.png

    Same here.
    #StarWars-y
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!