criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Several Bans to people who leave Starfighter Showdown.

Zyder
311 posts Member
First, this gamemode is badly designed. It should be like HvV with its target system, not like Hero Showdown.

While I'm writing this, I'm waiting for a match to be completed. We have won the first round, but one guy has left (maybe rage quitter) and all the people have left the match.

Devs you should improve this gamemode.

Replies

• Zyder wrote: »
    First, this gamemode is badly designed. It should be like HvV with its target system, not like Hero Showdown.

While I'm writing this, I'm waiting for a match to be completed. We have won the first round, but one guy has left (maybe rage quitter) and all the people have left the match.

Devs you should improve this gamemode.

Yeah they pretty much shot it in the foot and pushed it out the window upon release. People are big babies and quit as soon as their hero ship goes down once. If you could respawn as the same hero ship immediately, there wouldn't be nearly as many quitters.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • It's frustrating when people leave because you're forced to make a choice on whether or not to stick around to see if it repopulates so you can collect your credits end of round, or ditch the wait and lose your credits. I've waited on round three to start for 15 mins plus, with three other members on my side, while the other side sits empty. Grrrr.
  • while i do agree with you, that this mode should be like hvv id say dont get your hopes up. you have to remember that we are dealing with a dev team that cant even fix a sound bug that has been in the game since day one so...i doubt we are going to get any amount of love in this game mode.
  • I'd quite happily take the disadvantage if ir means I'm not sitting there waiting around for that last player
  • TheScape
    1882 posts Member
    I completely agree with you. It's really bizarre that a mode supposed to be created to level hero ships might end up having you running a normal ship for most of the time if the other decides to focus on you. I won matches just using interceptors and with high scores when my only real goal was to level a hero ship... It shouldn't be like that.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • jonci
    897 posts Member
    Bring in the target system, would make the game play interesting, defend and fight but then people will moan about it.

I suppose the 3x XP weekend will bring them out in droves if it applies to this mode (hope it does) as well as normal SA, once they realise it will be quicker levelling up hero ships.
    Will also bring out people after wards at higher level who cant play just like the HVV one did, we now see quite a few high level card holders in game who cant play for s**t.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Bring in the target system, would make the game play interesting, defend and fight but then people will moan about it.

I suppose the 3x XP weekend will bring them out in droves if it applies to this mode (hope it does) as well as normal SA, once they realise it will be quicker levelling up hero ships.
    Will also bring out people after wards at higher level who cant play just like the HVV one did, we now see quite a few high level card holders in game who cant play for s**t.

The wording implied that the triple score event is for both SA and Hero Starfighters. I would still rather play SA and advance my starfighter score milestones there. I also usually get more Hero playtime there.
    May your heart be your guiding key.