criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Bubble-Melee Specs are the worst

JackTHorn
3506 posts Member
edited January 8
Dregs of the gaming community. There's more and more them lately, infecting other minimal-talent players like a plague, ruining entire matches. It's very close to being an exploit, if not actually an exploit. Cheap and unbalanced and lame.

I wouldn't mind as much if the people doing the Shield/Stealth Melee crud were also using other tactics and helping their team out. But no, they're just running around like toddlers on methamphetamines, one-shotting troopers and two-shotting Enforcers. I've never seen one running Scramble, though they're almost always using Infiltration. Cheap and lazy and minimally-talented at best.

Either Stealth needs a bit of a nerf, or basic Melee does, or get rid of the bubble. Flash Pistol would be better anyway.

Replies

  • And I know, popping the bubble is easy. Ion mod, or Ion Grenade, or any number of things. But then you're just stopping everything you're doing to constantly smack down one little manic toddler player. Ugh.
  • Mouthrax
    272 posts Member
    edited January 8
    I hear you :(
    Post edited by Mouthrax on
  • I've posted about this many times, people who use this tactic as their main go to are pathetic, simple as, it's definitely a combo that needs removing.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    And I know, popping the bubble is easy. Ion mod, or Ion Grenade, or any number of things. But then you're just stopping everything you're doing to constantly smack down one little manic toddler player. Ugh.

    My games of Extraction and Blast have literally turned into stopping these exploiters, I don't even care for the game as it's pointless, I just hunt the scrubs using this setup.
  • Mouthrax wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    And I know, popping the bubble is easy. Ion mod, or Ion Grenade, or any number of things. But then you're just stopping everything you're doing to constantly smack down one little manic toddler player. Ugh.
    My games of Extraction and Blast have literally turned into stopping these exploiters, I don't even care for the game as it's pointless, I just hunt the scrubs using this setup.
    Me too. But I'm getting tired of it.
  • sorry i enjoy this. sneaking up on people and blasting them from behind is a core stealth gameplay mechanic.
  • bfloo
    13685 posts Member
    Unless they did a complete revamp to give side arms, the spec needs the high damage melee or they are screwed close range.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    sorry i enjoy this. sneaking up on people and blasting them from behind is a core stealth gameplay mechanic.

    i only do it when my team is being landslided cause by then that is the only way to have fun
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • d0kRX
    1262 posts Member
    I don't think there's a problem with it. Maybe it is annoying, but like someone mentioned, it is possible to counter it. So I see no problem.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    Sorry i enjoy this. Sneaking up on people and blasting them from behind is a core stealth gameplay mechanic.
    I have no problem with flanking. I also have no problem with using melee assassination as a tactic -- stealth around the back or sides, get in behind the enemy, melee them so you don't show up on radar, take the position or disrupt them so your allies can push in. Great tactic, I use it frequently.

    What I have a problem with is the stealth assassin getting turned into a manic toddler on speed, zipping wildly around the map in a bubble and just generally making the game annoying to play. Especially when it's their ONLY tactic, they spend the whole game doing nothing but careening around meleeing from their bubbles.

    But even that I could handle when it was just one derp per match, you just ion up and burst his bubble until he learns to actually try and play the game. Minor inconvenience. Now, though, it's two or three people per match, taking advantage of the glitch and the Stealth / Brawl / Bubble cheese-build, turning every match into Keystone Cops. And that's ALL THEY EVER DO.

    bfloo wrote: »
    Unless they did a complete revamp to give side arms, the spec needs the high damage melee or they are screwed close range.
    Well, they absolutely need to give the Specialist a side arm -- I've long advocated replacing the bubble with the Flash Pistol. But the A280cfe is more than enough to wreck at close range, the Specialist is far from screwed at this point.

    d0kRX wrote: »
    I don't think there's a problem with it. Maybe it is annoying, but like someone mentioned, it is possible to counter it. So I see no problem.
    There are counters, and there are balanced counters. Between the glitch and the bubble, and there being at least 2-3 of them in almost every match, the existing counters are not balanced. You have to give up on the objective and spend the whole match ion-equipped and hunting bubble-bois, and if one or two of your teammates don't do the same, then you're going to lose every match due to sheep disruption and attrition.

    In its current form, it's a cheap, lazy, exploitative tactic. The devs need to fix the glitch, swap the bubble for the Flash Pistol, and let stealth assassins go back to being respected worthy foes instead of frenetic goofball exploiters like they are now.
  • there here is a bit of logic is that why complain about it when you can do the same exact thing to you? you can fight fire with fire
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • there here is a bit of logic is that why complain about it when you can do the same exact thing to you? you can fight fire with fire
    That kind of thinking is exactly the problem. There were just a few of those type of players, but then people who were annoyed with it started deciding to take up the tactic themselves. Especially with the glitch. Now it's a plague.

    It's cheap, lazy, and at least a little bit scummy. If I get so annoyed that being cheap and lazy and scummy starts to seem like an option, I'll just stop playing the game.
  • CornellAKABCM
    243 posts Member
    edited January 12
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    there here is a bit of logic is that why complain about it when you can do the same exact thing to you? you can fight fire with fire
    That kind of thinking is exactly the problem. There were just a few of those type of players, but then people who were annoyed with it started deciding to take up the tactic themselves. Especially with the glitch. Now it's a plague.

    It's cheap, lazy, and at least a little bit scummy. If I get so annoyed that being cheap and lazy and scummy starts to seem like an option, I'll just stop playing the game.


    Agreed. Anybody who abuses this loadout due to to the melee glitch needs to have their gaming setup smashed into a million pieces. Games like this are only fun if everyone plays fair.
    Post edited by CornellAKABCM on
  • bfloo
    13685 posts Member
    There isn't a glitch with this load out. It is an ability attached to the stealth card.

    They aren't exploiting anything, you have the choice of whether or not to carry a counter.

    Is it annoying, sure, so is the officer flash grenade, assault vanguard, the heavy shield....

    Can every one of them be countered? Yes. Can I carry a counter for every annoying thing? No.

    Pick your poison, or carry a load out for which ever kills you the most. Don't expect other people to change their load out because it is annoying you.

    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    There isn't a glitch with this load out. It is an ability attached to the stealth card.

    They aren't exploiting anything, you have the choice of whether or not to carry a counter.

    Is it annoying, sure, so is the officer flash grenade, assault vanguard, the heavy shield....

    Can every one of them be countered? Yes. Can I carry a counter for every annoying thing? No.

    Pick your poison, or carry a load out for which ever kills you the most. Don't expect other people to change their load out because it is annoying you.

    There is a glitch with the melee mechanic in general, not the Stealth card. Each hit registers as landing multiple times in the same animation.
  • d0kRX
    1262 posts Member
    I think I understand why this thread was posted now that I've beheld the glitch that's going on for myself. It is so annoying to get one hit punched by specialists especially if you're a heavy with full health.

    I think once they fix the glitch we will see fewer melee build specs
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX
    1262 posts Member
    I think I understand why this thread was posted now that I've beheld the glitch that's going on for myself. It is so annoying to get one hit punched by specialists especially if you're a heavy with full health.

    I think once they fix the glitch these bubble boys will not be so exploitative.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Dregs of the gaming community. There's more and more them lately, infecting other minimal-talent players like a plague, ruining entire matches. It's very close to being an exploit, if not actually an exploit. Cheap and unbalanced and lame.

    I wouldn't mind as much if the people doing the Shield/Stealth Melee crud were also using other tactics and helping their team out. But no, they're just running around like toddlers on methamphetamines, one-shotting troopers and two-shotting Enforcers. I've never seen one running Scramble, though they're almost always using Infiltration. Cheap and lazy and minimally-talented at best.

    Either Stealth needs a bit of a nerf, or basic Melee does, or get rid of the bubble. Flash Pistol would be better anyway.

    I agree it is annoying and effective and that's why I use it to take down Wookies and Death Troopers. To be fair, I don't always kill them, and I always die after only one or two kills. I see it as a sort of kamikazi of sorts.

    The thing is, this is a game design flaw, not a player flaw. Can you really blame a player for using it when it yields better results than playing the game "as intended"

    Star card combos have always been a problem, and I don't think it will ever get fixed.

    On a side note, the bubble melee rush is pretty effective against heroes in GA. Gosh do I love taking out a fully healthed Vader or Luke Skywalker doing this. I can practically feel the rage through the tv.
  • This whole post makes me feel bad for using the melee bubble. But the specialist is weaker than any other class in terms of abilities, I can't really think of better star cards for it.
Sign In or Register to comment.