criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Does Devs despise Luke Skywalker?

Prev1
I mean something is not right...

Three years, two games and still no "Bespin Luke" skin.

49z3n7zpkhfb.jpg

Chewbacca gets more attention than Luke in this game.

I guess we'll have to wait till Battlefront 3.

Replies

• Luke needs to check his privilege.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • could not say it a better way
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Is Chewie's bandaid really a skin? :smile:

Anyway I agree, we need Bespin, Dagobah, ANH, etc...
  • Who cares about Luke after watching The Last Jedi honestly ? The dude you saw in this movie inspires something positive in you ?
  • Is Chewie's bandaid really a skin? :smile:

Yeah it is and it's sad that he gets more skins than Luke.
  • Big yes to bespin Luke. I am surprised it was not the first skin done to him. The devs are really bad at knowing what we want.

There are many skins close to 80 from the top of my head which need to be added to all the heroes. Maybe who knows they will add.
  • We needed Bespin Luke at launch for this game....since they, for no reason, didn't even do it with the BESPIN dlc in 2015! And it was highly requested even through 2016. But guys, you've gotta quit saying things like "maybe in Battlefront 3" if you ever want these things considered for THIS current game...which needs more content. They have no reason to bother doing anything else if they think you'll be clamoring for another quick grab game anyway. We know they LOVE to stretch out bits and bits.
  • Clone201
    3570 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    When you compare the list of fixes for Grievous to Luke (Luke has had issues for much longer) it pretty much confirms that they don't like Luke;

Luke Skywalker's not the only one...

We should guess that the devs despise Jedi and praise the Sith all ingeneral, as it may seems so far.

Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • JMaster
    2113 posts Member
    On so many levels... skins, being less powerful than his 3-lesson protegee, and having untreated bugs and issues. Here's hoping they give the Jedi Master some more love in the next few updates.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Moxx
    68 posts Member
    Who cares about Luke after watching The Last Jedi honestly ? The dude you saw in this movie inspires something positive in you ?

Me. Great movie. You might need to re-watch.
  • They could easily make Luke's Throne Room outfit from ANH by just reskinning Han's default outfit as so many modders have done, but for some reason DICE won't add it even though a lot of players would pay for it... I don't get it.

Oh, but they gave Chewie a band-aid.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Moxx wrote: »
    Who cares about Luke after watching The Last Jedi honestly ? The dude you saw in this movie inspires something positive in you ?

Terrible film. No need to re-watch it. I would never want you to have to go through that again.
    I enjoy it! I own it and have watched it many times through :blush: it has its flaws but still enjoy it.

Anyway, it’s sad how little atttention Luke has gotten. Grievous is a side character who is made more powerful than Luke and has gotten way more attention than Luke. I know it was a CW “season” but give me a break. I’m tired of running around in arctic gear or default.
  • yeokrhn1hhue.jpg
    "no more will I teach you today... clear your mind"
    Yoda suffered migraines trying to help Luke - and you will too waiting on skins to arrive. Will they ever tell Luke's story following RTJ?
    Luke had a dark hoodie in the beginning of Return of the Jedi? Luke could also evade detection by the Emperor? I want to see the darkside of Luke. No Jedi could match the power of Palpatine & Vader in the same room (not in this game?)
  • Admiral_Xen
    2628 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    When you compare the list of fixes for Grievous to Luke (Luke has had issues for much longer) it pretty much confirms that they don't like Luke.

It's also pretty hilarious that Luke is the only hero they've nerfed in HvV specifically but not GA.

Not Vader, grievance or Boba. It's Luke's push that needed a nerf to keep him from trivialising the mode. :D
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Moxx wrote: »

Terrible film. No need to re-watch it. I would never want you to have to go through that again.
    I enjoy it! I own it and have watched it many times through :blush: it has its flaws but still enjoy it.

Anyway, it’s sad how little atttention Luke has gotten. Grievous is a side character who is made more powerful than Luke and has gotten way more attention than Luke. I know it was a CW “season” but give me a break. I’m tired of running around in arctic gear or default.

Lucky you! I would much rather enjoy it than despise it. Big TFA fan over here.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    When you compare the list of fixes for Grievous to Luke (Luke has had issues for much longer) it pretty much confirms that they don't like Luke.

It's also pretty hilarious that Luke is the only hero they've nerfed in HvV specifically but not GA.

Not Vader, grievance or Boba. It's Luke's push that needed a nerf to keep him from trivialising the mode. :D

LS nerfs in HvV :D :D :D :D
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • OG Luke Skywalker would have put a couple ion torpedos right down the ventilation shaft of the current Disney HQ, Lucasfilm HQ, and other current wielders of the SW franchise if he wouldn’t have been assassinated by Rian Wilkes Johnson after receiving Order TLJ.
  • PS - I actually enjoyed TLJ, although it is definitely one of the worst Star Wars movies ever. I just like getting in on the smack talking.
  • bfloo
    14084 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Luke is in Disney's bad graces.

It makes me think there is some truth to the rumor that Mark did something to make Kathleen mad.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited January 9
    PS - I actually enjoyed TLJ, although it is definitely one of the worst Star Wars movies ever. I just like getting in on the smack talking.

Episode 1 was the worst. The only thing that made it bearable was Maul. But he deserved more screen time.

You just have to embrace its unique style. It was one of the best IMO (or at least middle of the road) because it didn’t follow the same old rules and traditional style of other SW movies. TFA was a re-hashing of episode 4 but I did like it for nostalgia reasons. Seriously, another Death Star (but bigger! Lol). Loved the character selection and Rey, so kudos JJ Abrams.
  • Lets keep the focus of this thread, lets the Devs know that Luke deserves more respect in this game, and by "respect" I mean his most iconic look from the best Star Wars movie ever.

• bfloo
    14084 posts Member
    Lets keep the focus of this thread, lets the Devs know that Luke deserves more respect in this game, and by "respect" I mean his most iconic look from the best Star Wars movie ever.

Milking the cow?

44n2tetusp7e.png

h846398gb27k.png

• They are part of Rian Johnson’s anti Luke campaign! :D
  • They are part of Rian Johnson’s anti Luke campaign! :D

I don’t particularly like Luke (whiny/grumpy character) but he needs another skin. It’s not like he’s the main hero of the OT or anything.
  • Azzatru made this video months ago....

• PS - I actually enjoyed TLJ, although it is definitely one of the worst Star Wars movies ever. I just like getting in on the smack talking.

Episode 1 was the worst. The only thing that made it bearable was Maul. But he deserved more screen time.

You just have to embrace its unique style. It was one of the best IMO (or at least middle of the road) because it didn’t follow the same old rules and traditional style of other SW movies. TFA was a re-hashing of episode 4 but I did like it for nostalgia reasons. Seriously, another Death Star (but bigger! Lol). Loved the character selection and Rey, so kudos JJ Abrams.

You’re not going to convince me TLJ is a good film, let alone a good addition to Star Wars. De-canonizing it would be a huge blessing.
  • Luke can haz cheeseburger?

Seriously though, I'm very much on board for more Luke skins. Fortunately they gave us his best look as a default, but I'm a fan of the Bespin look too. My first desire has always been farmboy/Karate Shakespeare Luke, though.

Would love a X pilot skin and a medal gettin' skin. I'm sure somebody would like a Yodarotic Dagobah skin too.

I just wish they would fix Luke's face. I seem to be the only one with a problem with it though, so maybe I'm just crazy.

I know a lot of people want the hooded Luke from Jabba's palace. That should be super easy. Just kick ol' Palpatine out of his bathrobe and put Luke in it.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.

• I love TLJ but I still don't understand why they had to kill Luke off at the end.

You’re not going to convince me TLJ is a good film, let alone a good addition to Star Wars. De-canonizing it would be a huge blessing.

Haha, okay.
    I love TLJ but I still don't understand why they had to kill Luke off at the end.

Because it made his force power at the end seem more meaningful like it took a lot out of him to do that. Otherwise he could just fight people from far away planets all he wants.

Anyway, more Luke skins plz.
  • I love TLJ but I still don't understand why they had to kill Luke off at the end.

TLJ is an awful film on so many levels I dont know how anyone could like such garbage only thing that film did right was making it so the royal guards actually did something.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Haha, was this just another thread to bash TLJ? Haha...you guys just can't stop.
  • Haha, was this just another thread to bash TLJ? Haha...you guys just can't stop.

because a lot of people including me just hate that movie that much its absolute trash.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • AzorAhai
    1131 posts Member
    Original Trilogy skins galore would only be welcomed by the masses.

They could limit them to crystal purchases only as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't get them all, but I'd gladly pay for the one's I most want.
  • Because no one likes Lukes in general. No one likes me too, hahaha JK.

Like legit George set up Kathleen to fail when he sold it to Disney. He wanted to watch them burn to the ground.

Because they want to close the door on fans' hopes of seeing them again, because younger actors are cheaper, especially if you've had them under contract since before they were big. Oh and "subverting expectations".
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • I liked it. Most good stories have main characters suffer or die. Makes for more interesting story telling.
  • AzorAhai
    1131 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    I love TLJ but I still don't understand why they had to kill Luke off at the end.

Because they want to close the door on fans' hopes of seeing them again, because younger actors are cheaper, especially if you've had them under contract since before they were big. Oh and "subverting expectations".

I imagine Mark Hamill's brand of overacting just won't fit in a modern series, but probably wouldn't cost too much. He's great at communicating his character's thoughts and desires to children...in fact that's the only reason I don't go after his horrible acting in the OT...I was a kid.

But I'm grown now, and the thought of him being a feature of a modern day Star Wars film is unbearable (to me).

I mean look at his single scene in The Force Awakens. The overwhelming burden on his face at the end. LOL. The guy managed to overact a single scene without a spoken word.

He's a great voice actor though. So I suggest they just bring him back as a CG Force ghost and let him do what he does best...voice acting! He's great when he's not required to physically deliver nuance to a performance.
  • bfloo
    14084 posts Member
    AzorAhai wrote: »

I imagine Mark Hamill's brand of overacting just won't fit in a modern series, but probably wouldn't cost too much. He's great at communicating his character's thoughts and desires to children...in fact that's the only reason I don't go after his horrible acting in the OT...I was a kid.

But I'm grown now, and the thought of him being a feature of a modern day Star Wars film is unbearable (to me).

I mean look at his single scene in The Force Awakens. The overwhelming burden on his face at the end. LOL. The guy managed to overact a single scene without a spoken word.

He's a great voice actor though. So I suggest they just bring him back as a CG Force ghost and let him do what he does best...voice acting! He's great when he's not required to physically deliver nuance to a performance.

The overwhelming burden on his face was the most striking scene in the st so far.

His look said more than all the awful dialogue in the ST.

h846398gb27k.png

• I think the devs just despise Star Wars at this point.
  • AzorAhai
    1131 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

The overwhelming burden on his face was the most striking scene in the st so far.

His look said more than all the awful dialogue in the ST.

To each their own.

I never expected him to be more than a minor character in these movies.
  • AzorAhai wrote: »

Hahaha. So true about his overacting his look even. It was a different era. In the 70s-90s actors in movies were more like stage actors.... nowadays acting has a more realistic style to it. Even with that style in mind, he’s definitely not a great actor, so I’m glad others can see it too.
  • AzorAhai
    1131 posts Member

Hahaha. So true about his overacting his look even. It was a different era. In the 70s-90s actors in movies were more like stage actors.... nowadays acting has a more realistic style to it. Even with that style in mind, he’s definitely not a great actor, so I’m glad others can see it too.

I would still love to have an Old Luke skin.
  • JediJulius
    374 posts Member
    edited January 9
    Battlefront 2015/ Death Star II Outfit: Common
    X-Wing Pilot: Rare
    Cloak (EP VI when he first meets Jabba): Rare
    Stormtrooper Disguise (minus helmet): Rare
    Farmboy: Epic
    Bespin: Epic
    Endor (Poncho and helmet like Endor Leia): Rare or Epic
    Yavin Throne Room: Epic
    Ceremonial Jedi Robes (TFA/TLJ): Legendary
    Crait/Projection: Legendary

There's so many potential skins for Luke, yet his only alternate skin is a port from BF2015. It's really sad.
  • I agree with most of you guys. Luke Skywalker, the main hero of our beloved Original Trilogy has only 2 skins (!), is significantly (!) weaker than Vader, Bossk, Grievous, REY, Palpatine, Iden in Galactic Assault and especially in HVV.

I also cannot understand why Luke deals less damage than Rey, and at the same time his saber swings are slower (!). This is just unbearable. Because of that, killing reinforcements with Rey is soooo much easier. Dash strike, few saber swings and they are done. With Luke on the other hand, attacking them is risky business.

I know Skywalker has push which can kill troopers instantly, but it isn't RELIABLE. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Not to mention Repulse. And in HVV his abilities are so weak (especially if you're not playing on certain maps). Please Dice, do something about it. It's freaking Luke Skywalker !
  • AzorAhai wrote: »

I would still love to have an Old Luke skin.

Yeah, would be cool. Anything would be better than the current setup