criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Triple XP Event - Troopers

2Next

Replies

  • gospa55350 wrote: »
    Amazing. Blast has become so competitive and fun. I love it

    Extraction has full matches! Playing Extraction and levelling up my classes and special units is so much fun. I loved playing Extraction in June, but I had truly forgotten how much fun the mode can be.....until today.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • I gave up trying to find a match.

    I live in London.

    This game would be so good if they could just get it to do what it’s meant to.

    As for me, I’ve had enough. Might try tomorrow but Onrush doesn’t have these kind of relentless issues so...

    pH
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited January 12
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    From the General Grievous release notes (full notes https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121384/community-transmission-general-grievous-update/p1 )

    The maximum difference in team sizes are:
    Galactic Assault: 4
    Starfighter Assault: 2
    Strike: 2
    Blast: 2
    Extraction: 2
    Hero Modes already require even team sizes.


    It clearly states 2 player difference, so it is not working correctly.

    @EA_Tom
    @Kenobi_Dude

    Thanks for pulling out the post we knew told the real story....I remember it distinctly and how it has actually worked for Strike since patch. ..I think premades break it aswell so causing more stopping of the countdown
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    So this strike bug is still happening for the triple XP event. How exciting

    I checked for you and can confirm it's not a bug.

    The alternative to the current scenario is that the match could start with uneven teams. We've previously received feedback that an unbalanced match isn't fun either.

    How exactly did you “check” for us: Ask the dev that screwed it up in the first place?

    So, we’re ignored on the issue for months. Then, when pressed, you come back with “WAI”, despite proof via your own release notes stating the contrary.

    Next, the topic will disappear. Hmmm...what other topic does this remind me of?
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited January 12
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    From the General Grievous release notes (full notes https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121384/community-transmission-general-grievous-update/p1 )

    The maximum difference in team sizes are:
    Galactic Assault: 4
    Starfighter Assault: 2
    Strike: 2
    Blast: 2
    Extraction: 2
    Hero Modes already require even team sizes.


    It clearly states 2 player difference, so it is not working correctly.

    @EA_Tom
    @Kenobi_Dude

    Well that’s... interesting. Clearly something isn’t matching up.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Did the servers just got down? I’m getting a 1017 error on all modes. Restarted and tried all sorts of things.
  • I haven't played Extraction in months i like this event good job guys :smiley:
    vp5mrloc8rmu.gif
  • IronSoldier
    3425 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited January 12
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    From the General Grievous release notes (full notes https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121384/community-transmission-general-grievous-update/p1 )

    The maximum difference in team sizes are:
    Galactic Assault: 4
    Starfighter Assault: 2
    Strike: 2
    Blast: 2
    Extraction: 2
    Hero Modes already require even team sizes.


    It clearly states 2 player difference, so it is not working correctly.

    @EA_Tom
    @Kenobi_Dude

    This is something the team is aware of and are looking into.
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    From the General Grievous release notes (full notes https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121384/community-transmission-general-grievous-update/p1 )

    The maximum difference in team sizes are:
    Galactic Assault: 4
    Starfighter Assault: 2
    Strike: 2
    Blast: 2
    Extraction: 2
    Hero Modes already require even team sizes.


    It clearly states 2 player difference, so it is not working correctly.

    @EA_Tom
    @Kenobi_Dude

    This is something the team is aware of and are looking into.

    Would be helpful for a published list of the major bugs the team is aware of just so the community can help them in case they were not aware of all?
  • Has this event now ended?
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Has this event now ended?

    I always wonder, why do they end special event in early sunday? The day most people can play and boom, it is over.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Has this event now ended?

    Seriously? I was looking forward to levelling up more troopers in Extraction (I’m in EST)
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • It stopped when they stated it would stop (0600 UTC...which is 0100 EST—that’s 1am Eastern).

    This happened before with other events, and I remembered how they modified the end time to encompass more NA/SA time zones through our Sunday. I don’t know why they reverted to cutting us short, again.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    It stopped when they stated it would stop (0600 UTC...which is 0100 EST—that’s 1am Eastern).

    This happened before with other events, and I remembered how they modified the end time to encompass more NA/SA time zones through our Sunday. I don’t know why they reverted to cutting us short, again.

    Agree. I think the majority of the playerbase is in the US (maybe even Eastern US)! Shouldn’t they then make sure events end at 24:00 EST?
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    It stopped when they stated it would stop (0600 UTC...which is 0100 EST—that’s 1am Eastern).

    This happened before with other events, and I remembered how they modified the end time to encompass more NA/SA time zones through our Sunday. I don’t know why they reverted to cutting us short, again.

    Agree. I think the majority of the playerbase is in the US (maybe even Eastern US)! Shouldn’t they then make sure events end at 24:00 EST?

    Why couldn’t this event timer be the same way it was a week ago for the Triple XP Hero Event?

    I quote from that announcement:
    TRIPLE XP EVENT: HEROES AND VILLAINS
    Start Time: Jan 3rd - 6PM EST
    End Time: Jan 7th - 12AM EST

    Really? Why wasn’t it the same for the Triple XP Trooper Event? Instead you decide to end this event at 1:00 am EST, practically a whole day before the weekend ends? Why???!!!
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    From the General Grievous release notes (full notes https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121384/community-transmission-general-grievous-update/p1 )

    The maximum difference in team sizes are:
    Galactic Assault: 4
    Starfighter Assault: 2
    Strike: 2
    Blast: 2
    Extraction: 2
    Hero Modes already require even team sizes.


    It clearly states 2 player difference, so it is not working correctly.

    @EA_Tom
    @Kenobi_Dude

    This is something the team is aware of and are looking into.

    Okay thank you for looking into the Strike startup needing to be exactly equal. It seemed like before no one was aware of it or cared, so at least there’s that.

    P.S. Not sure why you edited my other post....
  • It hasn't ended!! Keep playing guys!!
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    So this strike bug is still happening for the triple XP event. How exciting

    I checked for you and can confirm it's not a bug.

    The alternative to the current scenario is that the match could start with uneven teams. We've previously received feedback that an unbalanced match isn't fun either.

    How exactly did you “check” for us: Ask the dev that screwed it up in the first place?

    So, we’re ignored on the issue for months. Then, when pressed, you come back with “WAI”, despite proof via your own release notes stating the contrary.

    Next, the topic will disappear. Hmmm...what other topic does this remind me of?

    its their glorious "data" .

    another topic thats gonna become kamino in the jedi archives.
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited January 13
    “Players needed: 2” just turned into “Players needed 5” after several minutes. GG.

    At least I maxed out my aerial class, but the waiting is killing Strike.

    Edit: Oh yeah! We were about to start until someone joined. Great....
  • I also noticed that, while Hero weekends had a big tile on the homepage that took you to a match in an event mode, the Trooper weekend didn't get the same treatment. As far as the homepage indicated, you wouldn't know there was an event going on at all.
  • EA_Tom
    290 posts EA Community Manager
    Zappa2510 wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    So this strike bug is still happening for the triple XP event. How exciting

    I checked for you and can confirm it's not a bug.

    The alternative to the current scenario is that the match could start with uneven teams. We've previously received feedback that an unbalanced match isn't fun either.

    How exactly did you “check” for us: Ask the dev that screwed it up in the first place?

    So, we’re ignored on the issue for months. Then, when pressed, you come back with “WAI”, despite proof via your own release notes stating the contrary.

    Next, the topic will disappear. Hmmm...what other topic does this remind me of?

    its their glorious "data" .

    another topic thats gonna become kamino in the jedi archives.

    “Players needed: 2” just turned into “Players needed 5” after several minutes. GG.

    At least I maxed out my aerial class, but the waiting is killing Strike.

    Edit: Oh yeah! We were about to start until someone joined. Great....

    It's still on our radar to investigate the best experience. Though I don't have an answer right now as to what the outcome will be, we're taking into account your comments.
  • jonci
    972 posts Member
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    I gave up trying to find a match.

    I live in London.

    This game would be so good if they could just get it to do what it’s meant to.

    As for me, I’ve had enough. Might try tomorrow but Onrush doesn’t have these kind of relentless issues so...

    pH

    I found loads of matches, (switched between blast and Strike and extraction) to farm the points, leveled all to max and got from 166.749 to nearly 500.000 xp on specialist, (got fed up after 3 days so played other modes).
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    Zappa2510 wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    So this strike bug is still happening for the triple XP event. How exciting

    I checked for you and can confirm it's not a bug.

    The alternative to the current scenario is that the match could start with uneven teams. We've previously received feedback that an unbalanced match isn't fun either.

    How exactly did you “check” for us: Ask the dev that screwed it up in the first place?

    So, we’re ignored on the issue for months. Then, when pressed, you come back with “WAI”, despite proof via your own release notes stating the contrary.

    Next, the topic will disappear. Hmmm...what other topic does this remind me of?

    its their glorious "data" .

    another topic thats gonna become kamino in the jedi archives.

    “Players needed: 2” just turned into “Players needed 5” after several minutes. GG.

    At least I maxed out my aerial class, but the waiting is killing Strike.

    Edit: Oh yeah! We were about to start until someone joined. Great....

    It's still on our radar to investigate the best experience. Though I don't have an answer right now as to what the outcome will be, we're taking into account your comments.

    Okay, thanks @EA_Tom. I do appreciate it :smile:
  • Was a nice event, I finished maxing all of my troopers and reinforcements. Already maxed all heroes during that triple XP event, so all that is left now are my starfighters, hopefully I'll be able to max those as well next weekend.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!