criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

Replies

• WodiQuix wrote: »
    Come on DICE... Can we get a word that new weapons are even on the table or not?

And what about the alien skins being unlocked for all classes. Let’s be honest, it isn’t about class recognition. There’s no way to tell what class a clone is anyway. Not with all the various colors and patterns combined with two different armor phases. It’s always been a blaster pattern/color recognition thing anyway.

And what does it matter? What... You may decide not to shoot based on what class they guy is? These alien skins are already in-game. Please make them available for all classes. The humans are already.

I'd love it if they would allow any human (for both Light side and Dark side appropriate factions) or alien head, male or female, on any class. Plus, there are a ton more human and alien heads in the campaign they haven't used, many of which were in the previous game. I'd love to see them bring the rest of those skins in.

The human skins are still locked to specific factions and classes, like the aliens are. And I agree with you, class distinction is a poor excuse for locking them. It's fairly easy to see what class is which based on weapons and player model.

Well I can’t tell what class a clone or a droid is because it doesn’t matter. So I don’t even try to.

Phase 2, Kashyyyk, in the turbo-tank... It makes zero difference what class you are if both are in that tank. Kill’em. That’s it. The same applies everywhere.
  • skincarver
    1113 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    skincarver wrote: »
    That moment when your thread is at 992 comments, and everybody’s waiting to make the 1k‘th comment 😆

Only because you mentioned it I noticed lol
    yr6v68wyruu3.gif

btmc8hq56txn.jpeg
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4933 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    And there it is @Relmets... 1000 posts! Congratulations!

Thing is, I still have no idea if substantive trooper content is even on the table or not.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Come on DICE... Can we get a word that new weapons are even on the table or not?

And what about the alien skins being unlocked for all classes. Let’s be honest, it isn’t about class recognition. There’s no way to tell what class a clone is anyway. Not with all the various colors and patterns combined with two different armor phases. It’s always been a blaster pattern/color recognition thing anyway.

And what does it matter? What... You may decide not to shoot based on what class they guy is? These alien skins are already in-game. Please make them available for all classes. The humans are already.

There is no word because they are busy drip feeding maps for Crapital Supremacy

☹️
  • Relmets
    2728 posts Member

Thing is, I still have no idea if substantive trooper content is even on the table or not.

Apreci8 it friend B) couldn't have done it without all of you, even the herolords (thanks for the bumps)

Of course we'll probably make it to 5,000+ before we get any word on definitive trooper stuff
    [+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »

Apreci8 it friend B) couldn't have done it without all of you, even the herolords (thanks for the bumps)

Of course we'll probably make it to 5,000+ before we get any word on definitive trooper stuff

I’m thinking maybe not. The hero aficionados are getting their biggest want. HvV is becoming pure TDM. We’ve gotten, and are getting, more hero tweaks this spring than any similar stretch of time in this game’s history. We’re getting two more CS maps. They claim the population is as a high as just after launch. Charlemagne says he very excited for June. What the hell’s happening in June?! Dare is say that they’ve increased staff at development? Things weren’t happening like this last summer and fall... and winter. ???

Let’s keep asking. Weapons, skins, more trooper focused content. Things are looking different around here of late.

• lowell
    2812 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Relmets wrote: »

I’m thinking maybe not. The hero aficionados are getting their biggest want. HvV is becoming pure TDM. We’ve gotten, and are getting, more hero tweaks this spring than any similar stretch of time in this game’s history. We’re getting two more CS maps. They claim the population is as a high as just after launch. Charlemagne says he very excited for June. What the hell’s happening in June?! Dare is say that they’ve increased staff at development? Things weren’t happening like this last summer and fall... and winter. ???

Let’s keep asking. Weapons, skins, more trooper focused content. Things are looking different around here of late.

I could see 2-3 developer teams being made to divide up the work on categories of content we want. One developer team works on infantry, one developer team works on heroes, and one developer team works on maps. Let's hope DICE LA is brought in to assist DICE Stockholm on live service content developement.
  • lowell wrote: »

I could see 2-3 developer teams being made to divide up the work on categories of content we want. One developer team works on infantry, one developer team works on heroes, and one developer team works on maps. Let's hope DICE LA is brought in to assist DICE Stockholm on live service content development.

One can only dream...

• rollind24
    6138 posts Member

After TDM you can expect another round of Hero balancing requests specifically for that mode
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »

After TDM you can expect another round of Hero balancing requests specifically for that mode

*sighs*

Now why’d you have to go and say that? I was in a better mood just a few seconds ago.

I can’t disagree with you.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

I could see 2-3 developer teams being made to divide up the work on categories of content we want. One developer team works on infantry, one developer team works on heroes, and one developer team works on maps. Let's hope DICE LA is brought in to assist DICE Stockholm on live service content development.

One can only dream...

Plus, seasons shouldn't only be based on only one era at a time. We could have cross-era seasons like my concept for a Dawn of the Mandalorians season (basically grabbing content from both TCW Season 7, which features the Siege of Mandalore and the Mandalorian, which could feature Mandalore in the OT era, post-Battle of Jakku.)

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/136792/dawn-of-the-mandalorians-season
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    Mandalorians..? Great.. just great.. more emphasis on non-base-4 classes and more ways to die to OP dolts.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Mandalorians..? Great.. just great.. more emphasis on non-base-4 classes and more ways to die to OP dolts.

Well, they were oppressed for almost 3 decades by a dark lord's grasp over the Death Watch and then, the Galactic Empire and struggled in fighting to break free. If the Mandalorian isn't the guy to finally free Mandalore, I don't know who would finally liberate it.
  • I don't label everyone who disagrees with me as a troll. I label those who troll as trolls. You happen to be trolling in this thread, Fanta. I'm pretty sure that you're getting back at Relmets for the spider posts
    I'm not trolling. You're not living my life, you're not me, I'm me, and I'm going to say it again. I am not trolling, and I most definitely won't act like a drama queen over a spider

What's the spider reference? I have to know! What is it? Did it come from Tobey Maguire's closet?
    5zcsd1tjel88.jpg

Is it a summary of Tom Holland's career?
    3j1noe9stlrr.jpg

Someone must explain to me this... spider.
    wpz9qtx4x097.gif

Also, more weapons would be awesome. I don't know what the hell is going on with this thread though. It's like a bunch of monkeys having a food fight with their own feces. Too intriguing to duck for cover until you get slopped.
  • skincarver
    1113 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't label everyone who disagrees with me as a troll. I label those who troll as trolls. You happen to be trolling in this thread, Fanta. I'm pretty sure that you're getting back at Relmets for the spider posts
    I'm not trolling. You're not living my life, you're not me, I'm me, and I'm going to say it again. I am not trolling, and I most definitely won't act like a drama queen over a spider

What's the spider reference? I have to know! What is it? Did it come from Tobey Maguire's closet?
    5zcsd1tjel88.jpg

3j1noe9stlrr.jpg

wpz9qtx4x097.gif

Also, more weapons would be awesome. I don't know what the hell is going on with this thread though. It's like a bunch of monkeys having a food fight with their own feces. Too intriguing to duck for cover until you get slopped.

You might experience it yourself but someone’s here afraid of spiders it seems. Spider gifs have been removed. Nothing to do with Peter Parker.
  • Relmets
    2728 posts Member

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne
    [+3748 posts]
  • rollind24
    6138 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    rollind24 wrote: »

*sighs*

Now why’d you have to go and say that? I was in a better mood just a few seconds ago.

I can’t disagree with you.

We just know it’ll happen. Devs will spend the games lifecycle chasing the inane requests of “game will be balanced!, we just need (insert any hero ability) to do 15 more (or less) damage!” rather than create content for the assets they have that are already fairly well balanced or attempt to balance the game at a macro level.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I don't label everyone who disagrees with me as a troll. I label those who troll as trolls. You happen to be trolling in this thread, Fanta. I'm pretty sure that you're getting back at Relmets for the spider posts

5zcsd1tjel88.jpg

3j1noe9stlrr.jpg

wpz9qtx4x097.gif

I have a huge fear of spiders, so can you please kindly remove that gif
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

5zcsd1tjel88.jpg

3j1noe9stlrr.jpg

wpz9qtx4x097.gif

Why would you quote it? Lol!
  • Other threads are no longer the priority. Add comments to trooper threads
  • Relmets
    2728 posts Member
    Reinforcements are a good middle ground for all.

te3qbnyque5m.gif
    [+3748 posts]

te3qbnyque5m.gif

Sad!
  • Relmets
    2728 posts Member

te3qbnyque5m.gif

Sad!

Thanks for bumping my trooper thread tierboy
    emote.png

[+3748 posts]
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Aww, but it’s our friendly neighborhood spider!

vpsqumr090zf.gif

jk, I understand the phobia (I love spiders). But I honestly dislike rats/mice more than anything. They’re disgusting, vile creatures.

te3qbnyque5m.gif

Sad!

Thanks for bumping my trooper thread tierboy
    emote.png

Sure.
  • Reinforcements are a good middle ground for all.

LOL. There is no middle ground.
    Troopers content is content added to the actual infantry classes. Reinforcement are basically just cheap low grade heroes.
  • skincarver
    1113 posts Member
    Maliainu wrote: »

vpsqumr090zf.gif

jk, I understand the phobia (I love spiders). But I honestly dislike rats/mice more than anything. They’re disgusting, vile creatures.

Off topic but I can only suggest that one should engage oneself with those vile creatures. Once you see the way they function and deal with the challenges of their environments it might help to diminish the dislike.

All creatures are quite
    aouaxh3qtr7v.gif

Troopers content is content added to the actual infantry classes. Reinforcement are basically just cheap low grade heroes.

Not even close to true but ok.

Alright then explain why it’s no where even close to true.
  • BigManRadish90210
    659 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Because they aren't heros at all. When did generic wookie ever say "luke I am your father" can't believe I just had to explain that.....

Because they aren't heros at all. When did generic wookie ever say "luke I am your father" can't believe I just had to explain that.....

Can’t believe you just used that as example of how I’m completely wrong.

Reinforcements are low tier heroes like I’ve explained because they cost batttlepoints like heroes and better than a standard infantry class. This thread is asking for more content for a standard infantry classes such as getting new blaster, equipment ETC.

That's crazy .

Trooper content isn't important because a wookiee never told Luke he was his father

Reminder this ^ is the best that herolords can do

yiswag95wal4.png

That's crazy.
  • skincarver wrote: »
    I finally found a good use for the ignore list

This is crazy

This is crazy

That’s crazy
    This is crazy
    Y’all crazy
    EVERYTHING IS CRAZY
    Except the need for more Trooper content

This is crazy

That’s crazy
    This is crazy
    Y’all crazy
    EVERYTHING IS CRAZY

That's epic
  • unit900000
    3943 posts Member

This is crazy

That’s crazy
    This is crazy
    Y’all crazy
    EVERYTHING IS CRAZY

lmao
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN: unit900000 Xbox gamer tag: MetaltronXII
  • unit900000 wrote: »

This is crazy

That’s crazy
    This is crazy
    Y’all crazy
    EVERYTHING IS CRAZY

lmao

I highkey got tired of responding to them.

This is crazy

That’s crazy
    This is crazy
    Y’all crazy
    EVERYTHING IS CRAZY

That's epic

That’s epic
    This is epic
    Y’all epic
    EVERYTHING IS EPIC
    Especially Trooper content

This is crazy

That’s crazy
    This is crazy
    Y’all crazy
    EVERYTHING IS CRAZY

That's epic

That’s epic
    This is epic
    Y’all epic
    EVERYTHING IS EPIC
    Especially Trooper content

That's fantastic.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member

vpsqumr090zf.gif

Off topic but I can only suggest that one should engage oneself with those vile creatures. Once you see the way they function and deal with the challenges of their environments it might help to diminish the dislike.

All creatures are quite
    aouaxh3qtr7v.gif

Yes, yes. Not trying to keep this subject going because...reasons. This will be my last comment about said off-topic subject.

I deal with them as best as I can (currently have one roaming around in my kitchen). And lately it has been a huge problem. Definitely keeps my dread and hate of them going. My other roommates are too fearful to want to try and do something about it, so it’s up to me to handle it :|
  • skincarver
    1113 posts Member

vpsqumr090zf.gif

All creatures are quite
    aouaxh3qtr7v.gif

Yes, yes. Not trying to keep this subject going because...reasons. This will be my last comment about said off-topic subject.

I deal with them as best as I can (currently have one roaming around in my kitchen). And lately it has been a huge problem. Definitely keeps my dread and hate of them going. My other roommates are too fearful to want to try and do something about it, so it’s up to me to handle it :|

Same. Last comment- don’t want to derail.
    I understand, wouldn’t be too amused if they were in my kitchen.

605zo95liky1.jpeg
  • As long as the new content includes the scariff trooper skins for the empire, I am down.

The fact that empire has hundreds of storm trooper variants in the SW canon, and even more if they pull from EU (Legends) and we get none of them as skins, is just sad. Yet the clones got like a bajillion skins (not complaining about that.) which serves as proof they can implement it.

Wouldn’t mind a few new guns either, or at the very least mods for the base gun.
  • lowell
    2812 posts Member
    As long as the new content includes the scariff trooper skins for the empire, I am down.

The fact that empire has hundreds of storm trooper variants in the SW canon, and even more if they pull from EU (Legends) and we get none of them as skins, is just sad. Yet the clones got like a bajillion skins (not complaining about that.) which serves as proof they can implement it.

Wouldn’t mind a few new guns either, or at the very least mods for the base gun.

They don't need to be skins but they can be a new category as long as DICE is willing to make more specialized versions of troopers grabbed beyond the films and into the deeper parts of the canon. Legends is still only tied with Galaxy of Heroes. But DICE can definitely bring in more content from TV shows, novels, comics, theme park attractions, VR experiences, etc.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    No, please don't do this. Heroes are Star Wars. Heroes should ALWAYS be the priority.

Not always. There are other things in this game, too, and in Star Wars. I understand that Hero combat and other things are broken, but Troopers deserve some love, too! Don't get me wrong, I love our hero characters in the movies and books, but this game isn't meant to be entirely about them.

And specifically with battlefront. Battlefront has always been about taking the spotlight and putting it on the unsung heroes: side characters, troopers, pilots, all the little things apart from the most popular and famous icons.
    Our beloved franchise has been hijacked by the herolords.

Heroes have been a significant part of Battlefront since BF2 2005, it was a major selling point of that game and Heroes have been a significant part of battlefront since.

It is not hero players who have hijacked this game, it is the Clone Wars fans who need every single character from that show to be in this game in the form of hero.

Heroes were a quick gimmick in the og bf2, at least until the modders took over. They couldn't dictate the outcome of a game with the timer.

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to comment on this.

I’ve been with battlefront since way back in the original game on Xbox/PC/PS2 the one before BF2 2005. Heroes were in that game too, just unplayable, they were a gimmick for sure in that, because they auto blocked everything, and short of a few exceptions, couldn’t be killed.

BF2 2005, the heroes def could change the outcome of a match in the right hands, I assume by “timer” you mean the mechanic that their health drained, you do know they get HP back per kill right? So a good hero can essentially live forever provided they have enemies to kill. And since in the default multiplayer game mode, Conquest is the name, the main goals were eliminating enemies and capturing the CPs. Well, a good hero does both at once, all the while getting their HP back.

Now if you meant something else by timer, well, then my post is irrelevant.

I just really love that clunky old game, I’ve played it across all versions, and currently have a physical copy (buried in storage somewhere.) a digital one on my xbox, and another digital copy on my PC (thanks steam.) and am always ready to talk about it lol
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    It's almost as if I could see the future -- Foot Traffic only is a complete disaster.

Heroes / Aerials are having Field Days out there with nothing to oppose them except the occasional opposing Hero / Aerial.