criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

1282930313234Next

Replies

• skincarver wrote: »
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Then they’re buffing heroes again for the casual crowd, yet at the same time thy keep nerfing anything that harms them, its actually become pretty pathetic with the spoon feeding, even for a casual game.

I actually think the casual gamer has moved on from this game. I don't think they cater to the casual gamers much anymore. A casual gamer won't stick around long enough to toil through the game to "git gud" enough to grab an aerial, much less a hero in GA or CS before the dedicated Hero-Worshipper does. In the XBox & PS4 platforms, I see the same players suit up in to Heroes time and again. They're all about slaughtering the helpless as well. There's nothing casual about them aside from their egos.

Said this many times, I wish the CS ground phase maps were used for a new infantry only (Base 4) mode. Seems like that would be easy, and not demand many resources.

I would like that.

Yeah that would be cool... maybe change GA to the trooper only mode and keep CS as is? Just a thought. back to extraction now.

They could have easily mashed something up by now using the in- game assets.

Like aren’t the two Extraction maps identical to blast maps? There should be more than enough blast maps that could serve as Extraction maps. M.E.M.P.

Same goes for an infantry mode. Be it the CS ground phase or a clone of GA or rework the unused JPC to infantry cargo or reinforcementless blast... many options.

I can’t understand why not.

skincarver wrote: »
    Then they’re buffing heroes again for the casual crowd, yet at the same time thy keep nerfing anything that harms them, its actually become pretty pathetic with the spoon feeding, even for a casual game.

I actually think the casual gamer has moved on from this game. I don't think they cater to the casual gamers much anymore. A casual gamer won't stick around long enough to toil through the game to "git gud" enough to grab an aerial, much less a hero in GA or CS before the dedicated Hero-Worshipper does. In the XBox & PS4 platforms, I see the same players suit up in to Heroes time and again. They're all about slaughtering the helpless as well. There's nothing casual about them aside from their egos.

Said this many times, I wish the CS ground phase maps were used for a new infantry only (Base 4) mode. Seems like that would be easy, and not demand many resources.

I would like that.

Yeah that would be cool... maybe change GA to the trooper only mode and keep CS as is? Just a thought. back to extraction now.

Like aren’t the two Extraction maps identical to blast maps? There should be more than enough blast maps that could serve as Extraction maps. M.E.M.P.

Same goes for an infantry mode. Be it the CS ground phase or a clone of GA or rework the unused JPC to infantry cargo or reinforcementless blast... many options.

I would like that.

They are against making content that would be easier to make than making something from scratch.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

I would like that.

I would like that.

They are against making content that would be easier to make than making something from scratch.

That seems to be the trend in this game.

🤷🏻‍♂️?
  • Dice can we please have trooper content-
    Dice:
    1dmlmm1a4x5k.jpeg
  • The bottom line is many/much of the bf2 PB need crutches to be any sort of relevant in mp game imo. In this case heroes are clearly the crutch for most of the base imo and so it’s understandable why they like the game this way. Why continue to suck when you can look decent running the op hero loadout vs a much weaker opponent. 

Well by definition of “crutch” then vehicles and reinforcements are crutches as well. Especially how easy points accumulate in vehicles compared to any other class.

Don’t see how hero’s are the only crutch, anything that makes gameplay easier would be one. Can’t leave them out. And especially in CS, I would even say hero’s arent the crutch but vehicles are the sole one.

It’s not the hero’s fault that nobody shoots them
  • Turning Point without vehicles.

6sdy3k5d6yqr.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Nah. Bug fixes before troopers after that then yes

No one is going to get any new content ever again if you want them to fix the game first

They add more bugs with every update so... ¡INFINITE CONTENT!
  • I wasn’t aware that HoK for heroes is bugged as well.

Good thing it’s becoming passive for all of them.
    smh...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/cqpnzm/health_on_kill_for_heroes_is_bugged_and_you_get/

Infantry mode when?
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    380yko.jpg

380yly.jpg

380yko.jpg

380yly.jpg

The eternal war

But what about Starfighter Season?

MSAMP!
  • As suspected, not something for everyone...no surprises here

gpjytk1cqbot.jpeg

How can a game take so many steps back compared to its predecessor?

This has been an exercise in futility.

• Bump lol
    As suspected, not something for everyone...no surprises here

gpjytk1cqbot.jpeg

The live service hasn't ended yet. Take a shot for every forumgoer that doesn't acknowledge that.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
    As suspected, not something for everyone...no surprises here

gpjytk1cqbot.jpeg

The live service hasn't ended yet. Take a shot for every forumgoer that doesn't acknowledge that.

Well after almost two years it would be nice to get any form of acknowledgement that Dice will be looking into weapons at some point - but at least for the rest of the year there’s nothing in sight in that regard. Who knows what 2020 will bring.

And what I saw on Reddit and posted in the other thread doesn’t bode too well for weapons

8wgy44wz45kv.png
  • I feel like after episode 9 that’s it, I think we get one last run of content that’s already listed in the roadmap. That’s one reason I think they went for the offline content this time around because we’re near the end with episode 9 being the last big dlc drop.

I think 2020 will bring a few bug fixes, maybe a few skins or even heros, but nothing we’re askijf for in this thread. The game is what it is and has always been really. Again, I’m going on past history and current events.

To get a more balanced skillbased SW game, private matches, cargo, stats, or a game that’s more infantry based we’ll have to stick to bf15. Its to bad there not still working on that game, so much for something for everyone.
  • Reinforcements are reinforcements, not weapons, weapons are weapons
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Well by definition of “crutch” then vehicles and reinforcements are crutches as well. Especially how easy points accumulate in vehicles compared to any other class.

Don’t see how hero’s are the only crutch, anything that makes gameplay easier would be one. Can’t leave them out. And especially in CS, I would even say hero’s arent the crutch but vehicles are the sole one.

It’s not the hero’s fault that nobody shoots them

Sure - let's break this down again, shall we?
    When you design a game, you have essentially 3 or 4 basic variables to work with. Mobility, Health, Firepower, Recovery (if that's a thing: BF2015 it was for the base troopers, but not vehicles and heroes---but in Battlefront 2, it is). For all the base-4 troopers, all things said, those 4 aspects are within reason of one another. In rational game design imbalances are created to foment interesting game play. But, imbalances are kept in check by deducting one value for another. An increase in health is offset by a decrease in mobility---e.g., the Heavy Class trooper. When the Heavy goes in to Rapid Fire mode, his mobility is cut down. An increase in Fire power is offset by a decrease in mobility.

Vehicles and base Enforcers follow these principles fairly well. Vehicles (on the ground) are easy to hit (have a larger hitbox than players, typically), and tanks are more cumbersome. They have additional health and firepower, but their mobility is limited... especially in places like Naboo. Star fighters are so difficult to maneuver, it's practically impossible to line up a true strafing run (except on Crait, but most players are in the tunnels anyway). Health Regen is also slower. The base enforcers - Dark Troopers and Wookie Warriors, e.g. - also have trade offs in mobility for their added fire power and health. Essentially a jacked up Heavy trooper.

These do not break the equation NEARLY as much as Aerials, Infiltrators, and Heroes do. DICE threw out nearly every tenet of Game Design when they went on their POWER binge and created these classes. (BP cost could be used as an argument, but then I have several bones to pick with you about how the BP system is designed.) Aerials have sensational mobility, great firepower, good health, small hit box, standard regen. What's the drawback? Answer: none.
    Infiltrators have phenomenal health and firepower, small hit box, standard regen, and good mobility. What's the drawback? Answer: none.
    Heroes have sensational health, firepower, mobility, small hit box (ultra small for Yoda), and standard regen. What's the drawback? Answer: none.

Now, do you still want to champion the argument that its not the heroes fault nobody shoots them?

So we’re gonna act like each class doesn’t have 2-3 effective ways to deal with hero’s?!
    Shotgun, Granada
    Sentry, detonate charge or however you spell it
    Turret, blast command to give you free ammo
    Stinger infiltrator

People look for more “help me against hero’s” excuses than actually using what they have to kill hero’s ☹️. You’re not gonna win 1v1 against a hero and that’s fair. You’ll usually win 3/4 v 1 against a hero if everyone can use what they have.

And arcs and jet droids have quite a large hit box. And 2 of the 3 classes have abilities that make them run faster than every other class. And isn’t the aerials health lower than the other enforcers?! And arcs run just as slow or fast as most of the classes, not accounting for a star card that gives them absorber dodge. Kinda nitpicking, try using a hero and run straight to a heavy using a sentry, lemme know if those trade offs work in your favor, not to mention most hero’s have a bigger hit box than troopers except 2/3/4.

If this was the case that hero’s have no drawbacks then hero’s would never die in games since they are all powerful, but even a stinger pistol can kill god apparently
  • Ppong_Man12
    2435 posts Member
    edited August 21
    This is how I see it,...it has nothing to do with if troopers can kill heroes or not, it’s the fact the same or another hero spawns back in immediately so essentially you’ve accomplished nothing. The OP part of a hero is not the hero, it’s the endless amount non stop hero spam with no penalty for dying.

As far as weapons go most suck anyway imo, anything remotely decent has been nerfed into oblivion, wanna guess why, just ask the hero mains. This is again to cater to bads, currently ttk is a laughable so **** with no map awareness or reaction time have a chance.

Imo the best thing they could do is drop the health buffs, drop the exploit free bp gains, and make people actually earn a hero. I’m fine with no more weapons, but make them available across classes and revert them back to launch status, won’t happen but it should, especially with all heros gettin a ridiculous passive health pass, another hero buff.
  • This is how I see it,...it has nothing to do with if troopers can kill heroes or not, it’s the fact the same or another hero spawns back in immediately so essentially you’ve accomplished nothing. The OP part of a hero is not the hero, it’s the endless amount non stop hero spam with no penalty for dying.

As far as weapons go most suck anyway imo, anything remotely decent has been nerfed into oblivion, wanna guess why, just ask the hero mains. This is again to cater to bads, currently ttk is a laughable so **** with no map awareness or reaction time have a chance.

Imo the best thing they could do is drop the health buffs, drop the exploit free bp gains, and make people actually earn a hero. I’m fine with no more weapons, but make them available across classes and revert them back to launch status, won’t happen but it should, especially with all heros gettin a ridiculous passive health pass, another hero buff.

Agreed. Hero spam can get old, it’s really not a big deal to kill a hero because one is coming right back in, boooooo.
  • lowell
    1090 posts Member
    edited August 21
    I feel like after episode 9 that’s it, I think we get one last run of content that’s already listed in the roadmap. That’s one reason I think they went for the offline content this time around because we’re near the end with episode 9 being the last big dlc drop.

I think 2020 will bring a few bug fixes, maybe a few skins or even heros, but nothing we’re askijf for in this thread. The game is what it is and has always been really. Again, I’m going on past history and current events.

To get a more balanced skillbased SW game, private matches, cargo, stats, or a game that’s more infantry based we’ll have to stick to bf15. Its to bad there not still working on that game, so much for something for everyone.

I think Lucasfilm also had influence in some of the choices made in this game to stand out from Battlefront 2015.

Maybe the Story Group, who weren't having oversight on 2015, disliked or didn't want to bring infantry-based gameplay this time around and gave DICE authorization to change it up a bit.

After all, the campaign's gameplay is also reflective in multiplayer and the Story Group had a lot more say in developing the campaign.

Whether or not, this game ends or even getting a Battlefront III in 2020 depends probably on the approval of Disney and Lucasfilm (including the Story Group).

If they don't agree that it's time to end the game yet, the development of this current game continues with no major interruption.

I feel like a Battlefront III is planned to be released in 2022 when the first film in the Benioff and Weiss trilogy is released, not anytime sooner than that due to the fact there will be a 3-year long break without new films but everything else continuing to be made (TV shows, comics, novels, etc.)

Disney likes to tie-in game sales with the films and all console games since 2015, including Fallen Order, has been released that same way to be sold before the release of the films into holiday season.
  • Reinforcements are reinforcements, not weapons, weapons are weapons
    But those Reinforcements are holding weapons.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif