criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

Replies

• The game needs some new weapons for Troopers , attachments for default blasters, Extraction and SA maps instead of constantly chasing the dream of balanced heroes.

What the game needs and what it is getting are two very different things.
  • A couple of additions for trooper play like new weapons, attachments, some OT/ST skins and maps for modes like Extraction and this thread will RIP.
    Hero players never appear to be satisfied no matter what changes EA/DICE attempt to implement.
    #StarWars-y
  • The game needs some new weapons for Troopers , attachments for default blasters, Extraction and SA maps instead of constantly chasing the dream of balanced heroes.

The community says otherwise.

Haha yeah I know. The 'community' 🤣🤣🤣

Try looking at Reddit Battlefront, "the largest Battlefront community online."
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Oh I do, and whilst that is just a snapshot of player base on the whole that happen to use that platform (which is ridiculously flawed as a feedback thread btw)... This morning after yesterday's update this latest was being dreadfully received across this forum, Twitter and Reddit.
    However, you are right that it is, on paper, the largest online battlefront community and where the Devs take most feedback from.... And look at the state of this buggy mess because they listen to it.
    Now they have an update where everyone is annoyed... Even their beloved Reddit.

Never listen to the ones that shout loudest. They often have no idea what they are talking about. Reddit and this game is a great case in point.

Oh I do, and whilst that is just a snapshot of player base on the whole that happen to use that platform (which is ridiculously flawed as a feedback thread btw)... This morning after yesterday's update this latest was being dreadfully received across this forum, Twitter and Reddit.
    However, you are right that it is, on paper, the largest online battlefront community and where the Devs take most feedback from.... And look at the state of this buggy mess because they listen to it.

Never listen to the ones that shout loudest. They often have no idea what they are talking about. Reddit and this game is a great case in point.
    Really the only downside to this update are bugs, which will most likely be fixed in the next update. If the biggest complaint about this game are bugs, then the game must be that good.
    It's not a buggy mess anyways, I played it for a good 6 hours straight and the bugs are blown way out of proportion. Also Reddit loves this update, but is always open to criticizing the game. In this case, it's just simple bugs.
    If you take a good look at the forums, you'll find that it is indeed the forums that are the loud minority. Just a bunch of people biased about what they love and thus giving unfair criticism. Luckily, Reddit is better than that.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Really the only downside to this update are bugs, which will most likely be fixed in the next update. If the biggest complaint about this game are bugs, then the game must be that good.
    It's not a buggy mess anyways, I played it for a good 6 hours straight and the bugs are blown way out of proportion. Also Reddit loves this update, but is always open to criticizing the game. In this case, it's just simple bugs.
    If you take a good look at the forums, you'll find that it is indeed the forums that are the loud minority. Just a bunch of people biased about what they love and thus giving unfair criticism. Luckily, Reddit is better than that.

Well that's an interesting observation. I sincerely hope all feedback I have read across all forums is wrong as I haven't had the chance to play it yet.
    However, the most biased forum I have seen imo is Reddit. It downvotes anything it doesn't agree with and as there is a very specific customer base that use that forum only very specific topics are praised and/or criticized. Tbh most posts on the battlefront Reddit aren't even feedback, just kids playing around showing killstreaks vids and mods etc.. which is all very cool in itself but not much benefit to anyone in this context.
    The forums and Twitter are not edited in such a way so you see everything. Which by default is surely fairer.
    I guess it is a little complicated to understand, not even sure I'm explaining it well.
    Anyway I find it all very interesting and will continue to monitor all of the platforms but my point around all the feedback this morning was accurate... Of course it may be different now. But it was certainly very noticeable this morning.

Well that's an interesting observation. I sincerely hope all feedback I have read across all forums is wrong as I haven't had the chance to play it yet.
    However, the most biased forum I have seen imo is Reddit. It downvotes anything it doesn't agree with and as there is a very specific customer base that use that forum only very specific topics are praised and/or criticized. Tbh most posts on the battlefront Reddit aren't even feedback, just kids playing around showing killstreaks vids and mods etc.. which is all very cool in itself but not much benefit to anyone in this context.
    The forums and Twitter are not edited in such a way so you see everything. Which by default is surely fairer.
    I guess it is a little complicated to understand, not even sure I'm explaining it well.
    Anyway I find it all very interesting and will continue to monitor all of the platforms but my point around all the feedback this morning was accurate... Of course it may be different now. But it was certainly very noticeable this morning.
    Not true. Lots of posts on the front page of the Battlefront subreddit are about the bugs from the latest update. And maybe the reason that a lot of posts are about people having fun is because the game is simply a great and fun thing to play.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Moojammin_10
    2538 posts Member
    edited August 29
    The game needs some new weapons for Troopers , attachments for default blasters, Extraction and SA maps instead of constantly chasing the dream of balanced heroes.

Not true. Lots of posts on the front page of the Battlefront subreddit are about the bugs from the latest update. And maybe the reason that a lot of posts are about people having fun is because the game is simply a great and fun thing to play.

Yep that's what I saw today as well.

And yes on the whole it really is. I agree.
  • AccurateThings
    711 posts Member
    edited August 29
    Ah yes, because this game already has enough weapons and what this game needs more of it’s lightsaber heroes, prequel reinforcements, and clone skins.

srxlw1o0ezfx.gif
  • This thread now more than ever right, this game has went off the rails with hero obsession imo, in particular saber/force users.

Seeing a CT these days is mostly about hero changes. Enough. Where is the balance?
    Well it's not like troopers require any changes.

It’s funny how much of this playerbase actually think that, yet believe heroes need constant nonstop changes, notably buffs. That’s the problem with much of this pkayerbase’s mentality imo, they’re not concerned about balance what so ever, just the next hero buff.

Apparently even the designers at launch knew heroes needed counters. At launch we had more viable infantry weapons, we had rolls that worked, I’m thinking they were put in to counter the non stop saber spam or blocking that last forever, along with constant dashes.

Since that time most anything threatening heroes, saber heroes to be exact, has been nerfed to fauther downgrade an already lesser unit. Now we have passive health, a buff for heroes while at the same time nerfing infantry, again.

What gets me is many of the same hero players want and/or expect to have infantry be as weak as possible for farming or killstreaks yet aren’t pushing hard for HU as a primary mode. If it’s all about the heroes like many claim, the hero mains should be on a crusade for making Heroes Unleashed the primary mode, but I’m not seeing it for obvious reasons.

As for the majority/minority thing, it’s also misleading, the majority of people wanting a battlefront shooter are not here imo, many left a long time ago but are stil Starwars fans and would play under different circumstances. Also the Reddit population at 170/200,000 is a drop in the bucket as far as overall sales numbers, it’s not close to the majority. It’s the majority of the minority.

The only way to get a majority vote imo is to send a mass email to everyone that has an ea account and had signed in to battlefront. Give them all a short survey before thay can play the game on login and let the real majority decide what they want, otherwise we have a minority deciding the fate of the majority and this game.
  • This thread now more than ever right, this game has went off the rails with hero obsession imo, in particular saber/force users.

Seeing a CT these days is mostly about hero changes. Enough. Where is the balance?

It’s funny how much of this playerbase actually think that, yet believe heroes need constant nonstop changes, notably buffs. That’s the problem with much of this pkayerbase’s mentality imo, they’re not concerned about balance what so ever, just the next hero buff.

Apparently even the designers at launch knew heroes needed counters. At launch we had more viable infantry weapons, we had rolls that worked, I’m thinking they were put in to counter the non stop saber spam or blocking that last forever, along with constant dashes.

Since that time most anything threatening heroes, saber heroes to be exact, has been nerfed to fauther downgrade an already lesser unit. Now we have passive health, a buff for heroes while at the same time nerfing infantry, again.

What gets me is many of the same hero players want and/or expect to have infantry be as weak as possible for farming or killstreaks yet aren’t pushing hard for HU as a primary mode. If it’s all about the heroes like many claim, the hero mains should be on a crusade for making Heroes Unleashed the primary mode, but I’m not seeing it for obvious reasons.

As for the majority/minority thing, it’s also misleading, the majority of people wanting a battlefront shooter are not here imo, many left a long time ago but are stil Starwars fans and would play under different circumstances. Also the Reddit population at 170/200,000 is a drop in the bucket as far as overall sales numbers, it’s not close to the majority. It’s the majority of the minority.

The only way to get a majority vote imo is to send a mass email to everyone that has an ea account and had signed in to battlefront. Give them all a short survey before thay can play the game on login and let the real majority decide what they want, otherwise we have a minority deciding the fate of the majority and this game.
    Heroes are not invincible. They can easily be killed from one bad play. Troopers are in no way useless against them, if you use strategy, you can beat them easily.
    Heroes need changes constantly because they are the ones that determine a match's outcome. And if new heroes are added to the mix, it creates even more learning curves and drastically changes how a match plays. It's easy for a match to be too dependent on heroes because of how powerful they can be, hence why they need changes.
    There is no majority who want a Battlefront that focuses on troopers. Reddit Battlefront has spoken its mind, and even though it's definitely not a representation of every single Battlefront 2 player, it is a great sample size to indicate which side is the majority. And clearly, the so-called "herolords" are.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

Heroes are not invincible. They can easily be killed from one bad play. Troopers are in no way useless against them, if you use strategy, you can beat them easily.
    Heroes need changes constantly because they are the ones that determine a match's outcome. And if new heroes are added to the mix, it creates even more learning curves and drastically changes how a match plays. It's easy for a match to be too dependent on heroes because of how powerful they can be, hence why they need changes.
    There is no majority who want a Battlefront that focuses on troopers. Reddit Battlefront has spoken its mind, and even though it's definitely not a representation of every single Battlefront 2 player, it is a great sample size to indicate which side is the majority. And clearly, the so-called "herolords" are.

“Heroes need changes constantly because they are the ones that determine a match's outcome.”

How is this a good thing? A match’s outcome should be determined by good players and teamplay not semi tanks with glowsticks
    How is having troopers be equal to heroes a good thing? Heroes are heroes for a reason.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • ROMG4
    2956 posts Member
    This thread now more than ever right, this game has went off the rails with hero obsession imo, in particular saber/force users.

“Heroes need changes constantly because they are the ones that determine a match's outcome.”

How is this a good thing? A match’s outcome should be determined by good players and teamplay not semi tanks with glowsticks
    How is having troopers be equal to heroes a good thing? Heroes are heroes for a reason.

Laughs in Order 66 and The Battle Of Geonosis
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • OoiiHooked_22
    2951 posts Member
    edited August 29
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    This thread now more than ever right, this game has went off the rails with hero obsession imo, in particular saber/force users.

Laughs in Order 66 and The Battle Of Geonosis

SHOCKER they used overwhelming numbers to kill jedi on desert bug world, and sneaky “from behind” tactic to kill a jedi for 66. You should try those tactics 😉
  • Xerogon
    520 posts Member
    edited September 1
    If you removed heroes entirely from this game it would still be a Battlefront game. You’d only lose two very small modes and the truly game damaging bugs would virtually disappear with them.

If you removed troopers from this game it wouldn’t resemble a Battlefront game in any way, shape, or form. You would only have two very small, playable modes and the bugs would affect virtually 100% of every minute of gameplay.

Just an observation.

Agree, if you removed troopers from this game it would die a light speed death. Heroes won’t make or break gameplay imo. It’s the heroes that need the troopers, not the other way around.
    Post edited by Xerogon on

Dont bother with him.
    And btw this isnt a Battlefront game. Im surprised people still havent realized that yet.. Its a very mediocre Hero Slasher/Shooter..
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Every update to the game:

r4vd5p9mi1jc.gif

Just give it up already and stop changing the game mechanics.

Once more they will be busy for weeks fixing what the latest update broke, again concentrating all their efforts on the hero aspect of the game.
    Dev time that could have been spent on.. I don’t know, weapons maybe and an infantry mode?

Enough. I’m so tired of the role infantry plays in this game.
    Hero and reinforcement spam in every mode.

And I’m tired of the “git gud” and “heroes are easy to kill” discussions in a world full of saberlocks and dodge nerfs.

Some people like to play on a level playing field and win by skill and not by their stats. Crazy concept, but not unheard of in a shooter.

Dice, please give us an infantry mode and some weapons then do with the heroes and reinforcements whatever you want.

Looking at the roadmap, infantry will go over two years without a single thing added to the game for them, despite being promised as with the new weapons. Not even that elusive trooper event in sight. You know, we’re paying customers too.

Time to care about infantry gameplay is way overdue.

As a supposed Battlefront game, troopers should be the MAIN focus. But DICE just used the Battlefront name to generate some hype and interest.
    It really sucks :(
  • Please DICE, add stormtrooper skins while not making the sandtrooper and snowtrooper as skin
  • Is DiCE going to give us Enforcer class skins?

Two skins for the Droid Commando were found in the files by AZZATRU.

2:39-3:53 skins for the BX Commando Droid in the files:
    (1.) The captain Commando Droid
    and
    (2.) The training Commando Droid

“There is always hope.”
  • Is DiCE going to give us Enforcer class skins?

Two skins for the Droid Commando were found in the files by AZZATRU.

2:39-3:53 skins for the BX Commando Droid in the files:
    (1.) The captain Commando Droid
    and
    (2.) The training Commando Droid

It was confirmed in the CT that reinforcements will be getting skins, so hopefully that means all classes
  • Skins are nice although I’d prefer some new blasters for Troopers.
    #StarWars-y

What would be really nice is a large scale infantry only mode.
  • What happened to @Relmets ?

I was always reassured that he would be engaged in the most noble cause there is, fighting the good fight for the rights of ground pounders everywhere.

What would be really nice is a large scale infantry only mode.

I’d rate that as a 10 on the EA/DICE SWBF II feedback scale.

@vivaladavidoff - @Relmets has been frozen in carbonite. Should be thawing out in the near future.
    #StarWars-y
  • ROMG4
    2956 posts Member

SHOCKER they used overwhelming numbers to kill jedi on desert bug world, and sneaky “from behind” tactic to kill a jedi for 66. You should try those tactics 😉

Laughs in Jango Fett

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • - weapons
    - Infantry only game mode

36 pages and still not a single valid argument against them. Dice, please.

5zmxu7dc31kq.jpeg
  • Versatti wrote: »
    Rather annoyingly 9 months have passed by since this was posted and yet there has been nothing, nada, zilch for trooper classes (except for nerfs).

Sad isn’t it.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    Rather annoyingly 9 months have passed by since this was posted and yet there has been nothing, nada, zilch for trooper classes (except for nerfs).

Sad isn’t it.

And still NOTHING in sight.

• Ahsoka is a great hero to add to the game, her fight with vader is more than awsome and her white sabers in the rebels show are also cool, plus she is at the end of the rebels show and the end is after the ROTJ after vader is redeemed and the emperor dead.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Laughs in Jango Fett

Well you did give example I’ll give you that. seeing that again just shows how trash that guy was at blocking, I mean he blocks 2 shots then just gets hit, why?!? 😂 now if everyone could aim and use a gun as jango we wouldn’t be here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Laughs in Jango Fett

Well you did give example I’ll give you that. seeing that again just shows how trash that guy was at blocking, I mean he blocks 2 shots then just gets hit, why?!? 😂 now if everyone could aim and use a gun as jango we wouldn’t be here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Stamina bug... It’s canon.

Laughs in Jango Fett

Stamina bug... It’s canon.

😂😂😂😂😂 you’re amazing
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »

Sad isn’t it.

And still NOTHING in sight.
    Because the devs know what's best for the game.

They don’t
  • Ppong_Man12
    2786 posts Member
    edited September 5
    asxh737m4nlj.gif

That blocking stamina didn’t last long.

73cpn7z090jw.gif

Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • asxh737m4nlj.gif

That blocking stamina didn’t last long.

73cpn7z090jw.gif

And then you have Vader in RO that straight up catches the lasers and shoots them back 😂😂😂 “stamina is for weaklings”