criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Heroes are no longer the priority. Add content for troopers.

1568101138

Replies

  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots
  • bfloo
    15813 posts Member
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots

    This would be a bad thing why?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Relmets wrote: »
    When you come back to find that your trooper thread has turned into an Ahsoka thread
    AB8DxTt.gif
    Honestly the recent remarks by F8RGE are a little disheartening. I certainly hope some clone skin reworks aren't what satisfies the trooper content requirement in their eyes.
    I'm starting to wonder if this is a fruitless effort

    Apologies. I will desist. You have a good thread here. Put me down for more weapons.

    And more alien skins... Where’s my Alien?
  • Relmets wrote: »
    When you come back to find that your trooper thread has turned into an Ahsoka thread
    AB8DxTt.gif
    Honestly the recent remarks by F8RGE are a little disheartening. I certainly hope some clone skin reworks aren't what satisfies the trooper content requirement in their eyes.
    I'm starting to wonder if this is a fruitless effort

    tg9vbcscqutg.gif
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    If not for Nien, Lando would have crashed into the DS shield, the DS2 would never have been destroyed, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2, and 3P0 would have been hunted down on Endor, crylo would never have been born, rey wouldn't have a falcon gifted to her for no reason....

    If not for Nien, the galaxy would be completely different!


    All right, I hadn’t thought of that. Still, Ahsoka has had numerous moments like that.
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Relmets wrote: »
    When you come back to find that your trooper thread has turned into an Ahsoka thread
    AB8DxTt.gif
    Honestly the recent remarks by F8RGE are a little disheartening. I certainly hope some clone skin reworks aren't what satisfies the trooper content requirement in their eyes.
    I'm starting to wonder if this is a fruitless effort

    Apologies. I will desist. You have a good thread here. Put me down for more weapons.

    And more alien skins... Where’s my Alien?


    Would pay a lot for trandoshan Trooper!
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Relmets wrote: »
    When you come back to find that your trooper thread has turned into an Ahsoka thread
    AB8DxTt.gif
    Honestly the recent remarks by F8RGE are a little disheartening. I certainly hope some clone skin reworks aren't what satisfies the trooper content requirement in their eyes.
    I'm starting to wonder if this is a fruitless effort

    It is disheartening. If the clone trooper paint job is the only "Trooper Customization" we get then its plain dissapointing.

    Cmon DICE we want more trooper skins.

    More alien heads, twilek color variations, ressistance and rebel outfits, even stormtrooper paint jobs. There are a lot of threads regarding this with great ideas. The concept is right here, just needs commitment from DICE.
    I do know you have priorities for what to do based on feedback. After Anakin releases it would be great to add some more trooper content in the form of skins, maybe add a map or two for Extraction and new enforcers. That would be a great plan outlined for the next couple of months.

    And ofc bug fixing. Imo that should be the highest priority since this game is plagued by bugs that ruin parts of the gameplay that is supposed to be fun.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • DarthJ wrote: »
    How come every thread gets taken over by mentions of Ahsoka? Yet I go in an Ahsoka thread with my opinion and get told to keep away?

    Some people can't keep it in their pants.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • DarthJ wrote: »
    How come every thread gets taken over by mentions of Ahsoka? Yet I go in an Ahsoka thread with my opinion and get told to keep away?

    It’s almost like there’s an agenda.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Relmets wrote: »
    When you come back to find that your trooper thread has turned into an Ahsoka thread
    AB8DxTt.gif
    Honestly the recent remarks by F8RGE are a little disheartening. I certainly hope some clone skin reworks aren't what satisfies the trooper content requirement in their eyes.
    I'm starting to wonder if this is a fruitless effort

    Apologies. I will desist. You have a good thread here. Put me down for more weapons.

    And more alien skins... Where’s my Alien?

    Don't even worry about it friend
    I'm starting to think this thread is a lost cause anyways, given the official response we just got. I can no longer keep up hope.
    Besides, in the wise words of August Walker:
    wFo62Ot.gif

    @NomiSunstrider Agreed. It would be great if it's not just the clone reworks but prospects are looking grim customization wise

    @MagicalMuffinDruide Trandoshan could be neat, would be interesting seeing them vs Bossk
    [+3748 posts]
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    If not for Nien, Lando would have crashed into the DS shield, the DS2 would never have been destroyed, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2, and 3P0 would have been hunted down on Endor, crylo would never have been born, rey wouldn't have a falcon gifted to her for no reason....

    If not for Nien, the galaxy would be completely different!


    All right, I hadn’t thought of that. Still, Ahsoka has had numerous moments like that.

    Like what? Being defeated every single time?
    This is a trooper thread, enough with your obssesion with that horrible character.



    Yeah not sure how we got into all this, but to answer your question: I can remember right off the top of my head the time she pulled Anakin out of his Starfighter before it crashed. Without her, he would have died, no luke or Leia, no OT era at all since Vader couldn’t exist (and yes that you could say she’s partially responsible for Order 66 then, but that’s true for a number of characters)
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif

  • It is disheartening. If the clone trooper paint job is the only "Trooper Customization" we get then its plain dissapointing.

    Cmon DICE we want more trooper skins.

    More alien heads, twilek color variations, ressistance and rebel outfits, even stormtrooper paint jobs. There are a lot of threads regarding this with great ideas. The concept is right here, just needs commitment from DICE.
    I do know you have priorities for what to do based on feedback. After Anakin releases it would be great to add some more trooper content in the form of skins, maybe add a map or two for Extraction and new enforcers. That would be a great plan outlined for the next couple of months.

    And ofc bug fixing. Imo that should be the highest priority since this game is plagued by bugs that ruin parts of the gameplay that is supposed to be fun.

    I really hope once they are done with Clone customization, they consider finally adding Imperial customization and more Rebel/Resistance options. I'm happy for TCW fans that they are getting more Clone customization, but the other factions need some love too. It will be almost 6 months with Clone appearance updates, while the other factions didn't get any new options at all. I really want to see pauldron options & Navy Troopers for the Empire and more aliens like Dresselians & Ishi Tib for Rebels/Resistance. Please DICE, make it happen!
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots

    He is that man already in 2005 when RotS hit theaters. If the CW series(2008) was never created, nothing would change. Like I said.

    But it was created & the events of the clone wars & ahsoka shaped him.
  • ross42899 wrote: »

    It is disheartening. If the clone trooper paint job is the only "Trooper Customization" we get then its plain dissapointing.

    Cmon DICE we want more trooper skins.

    More alien heads, twilek color variations, ressistance and rebel outfits, even stormtrooper paint jobs. There are a lot of threads regarding this with great ideas. The concept is right here, just needs commitment from DICE.
    I do know you have priorities for what to do based on feedback. After Anakin releases it would be great to add some more trooper content in the form of skins, maybe add a map or two for Extraction and new enforcers. That would be a great plan outlined for the next couple of months.

    And ofc bug fixing. Imo that should be the highest priority since this game is plagued by bugs that ruin parts of the gameplay that is supposed to be fun.

    I really hope once they are done with Clone customization, they consider finally adding Imperial customization and more Rebel/Resistance options. I'm happy for TCW fans that they are getting more Clone customization, but the other factions need some love too. It will be almost 6 months with Clone appearance updates, while the other factions didn't get any new options at all. I really want to see pauldron options & Navy Troopers for the Empire and more aliens like Dresselians & Ishi Tib for Rebels/Resistance. Please DICE, make it happen!

    This... both posts!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots

    He is that man already in 2005 when RotS hit theaters. If the CW series(2008) was never created, nothing would change. Like I said.

    But it was created & the events of the clone wars & ahsoka shaped him.

    Ok, that’s true. But the point was about Nien Nunb’s importance. That has been demonstrated.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Always worth noting that it's ok to like something that someone else doesn't. Star Wars is a big place and it's only natural that some people will want different heroes, troopers et al than others. It doesn't mean their opinion is anyway less valid.

    One thing on this note is that we are making multiple changes to the Clone Trooper appearance system, which is scheduled to roll out in February right now.

    Why did that take priority?

    People have been asking for more trooper content since launch. The appearance of the clone skins was a nonissue and you guys had Lucasfilm approval so they were fine.

    More blasters, modes, and maps would have been much better than clone skin fixes.

    Absolutely right, modes, maps, and blasters trump skins imo, even heroes. People have also been asking for cargo and private matches.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Always worth noting that it's ok to like something that someone else doesn't. Star Wars is a big place and it's only natural that some people will want different heroes, troopers et al than others. It doesn't mean their opinion is anyway less valid.

    One thing on this note is that we are making multiple changes to the Clone Trooper appearance system, which is scheduled to roll out in February right now.

    Why did that take priority?

    People have been asking for more trooper content since launch. The appearance of the clone skins was a nonissue and you guys had Lucasfilm approval so they were fine.

    More blasters, modes, and maps would have been much better than clone skin fixes.

    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • skincarver
    731 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Relmets wrote: »
    When you come back to find that your trooper thread has turned into an Ahsoka thread
    AB8DxTt.gif
    Honestly the recent remarks by F8RGE are a little disheartening. I certainly hope some clone skin reworks aren't what satisfies the trooper content requirement in their eyes.
    I'm starting to wonder if this is a fruitless effort

    TL;DR I don’t think we‘re getting significant trooper content ever, but we desperately need a trooper only game mode.

    @Relmets i would personally like to thank you for this thread and the effort you put in it. I agree 100% with your views, and you expressed them way better than i could have ever done. Thx!!!
    I know that no one cares but anyway: i took a 6 months break from this game because i got sick of having to play against reinforcements in my favorite (and only) mode blast. I posted a few comments on this forum but since i also felt it to be „fruitless“ i saw no sense in continuing to do so. After ~ 6 weeks of being back i am really starting of getting annoyed by the reinforcements again. (Imho stuff like the triple-xp-reinforcements-spam-fest-event basically laughs at this thread...sad.) I want a level playing Field, no advantages or disadvantages for anyone. But hey, that’s just me (?).
    But i‘d like to bring up another point no one has mentioned yet. Can you imagine being a new player and how horrible the experience for them must be? Of course i understand that the learning curve for a new player is steep but there is NO way in this game for them to avoid OP reinforcements (except HvV and Arcade- which i consider only as a Test for checking your Settings, because bots are stupid and in no way representative of what awaits you online) and these reinforcement users are absolutely merciless. Thanks to the non-working MM we are at times winning with a 70+ difference and my „teammates“ still spawn as reinforcements. Pathetic. Ruining others experience for satisfying your own ego. Pathetic. I sometimes feel ashamed by being part of my team. With the reduced team size in blast, the ratio of reinforcements have increased from 40 to 50% (are 4 reinforcements per team the limit?) If I were a new player, I truly don’t know if I would stick with this game, having to play against day-one IRL level ~250 reinforcements. Yes, one enforcer is rather easy to kill, two- possible. If they are Friends ( premades are they called, I believe) not so easy anymore. Three premades (as Wookiees for example) can roll through the map like a force of nature e.g. throwing their detonaters simultaneously, covering a huge area that there’s no way to escape. Happened many times.... This game is on sale for such a long time, we should have a huge playerbase, yet many are still complaining about empty lobbies. I find that odd...
    F8RGE‘s post is really disheartening, since he basically said the same thing he said on a similar thread quite a few months ago ( don’t ask me to find that specific thread )- no news to share.
    I sometimes cannot help but feeling that we are still being punished for the things that went on at launch. I mean seriously: how hard can it be, to unlock at least the base-weapons that are already in the game for all the classes? Change some of their values and you have attachments. Seriously. How hard can it be? It’s been requested for such a long time. But we‘re not even getting that. No plans whatsoever. All that we „trooper players“ did get was some skins and some tweaks. Not good enough. I don’t buy that lack of staff narrative anymore. All I can say to EA/Dice: guess who won’t be buying any BF3? And that’s only because you don’t provide us with a fair and level playing field. Because why EA/Dice? You do realize more and more people are (finally) asking for it?

    Post edited by skincarver on
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    If not for Nien, Lando would have crashed into the DS shield, the DS2 would never have been destroyed, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2, and 3P0 would have been hunted down on Endor, crylo would never have been born, rey wouldn't have a falcon gifted to her for no reason....

    If not for Nien, the galaxy would be completely different!


    All right, I hadn’t thought of that. Still, Ahsoka has had numerous moments like that.

    Like what? Being defeated every single time?
    This is a trooper thread, enough with your obssesion with that horrible character.



    Yeah not sure how we got into all this, but to answer your question: I can remember right off the top of my head the time she pulled Anakin out of his Starfighter before it crashed. Without her, he would have died, no luke or Leia, no OT era at all since Vader couldn’t exist (and yes that you could say she’s partially responsible for Order 66 then, but that’s true for a number of characters)

    No. It would have just been a different story to bring Vader around. His background story is just that, a background story.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Always worth noting that it's ok to like something that someone else doesn't. Star Wars is a big place and it's only natural that some people will want different heroes, troopers et al than others. It doesn't mean their opinion is anyway less valid.

    One thing on this note is that we are making multiple changes to the Clone Trooper appearance system, which is scheduled to roll out in February right now.

    Why did that take priority?

    People have been asking for more trooper content since launch. The appearance of the clone skins was a nonissue and you guys had Lucasfilm approval so they were fine.

    More blasters, modes, and maps would have been much better than clone skin fixes.

    I might be wrong, but I think he wasn't referring to the paint jobs on the clone skins. Checking the tease from him and CJ before Christmas about further customization (pauldrons, kamas, visors, etc.), I think he just meant that. Being able to not only have a paint job, but also different "parts" for the armor. It still doesn't make sense that only clones get that (imperials and FO also wear armor) and it still doesn't negate the fact that there are no gameplay changes coming for troopers.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Yeah FORGE confirmed no new trooper content or new Extraction maps are in the works. At least we have 20 clone skins though... I don't see why they have spent so much time on clone skins. It would have been cool had they released them all at once, but this drip feed of clone skins is pretty lame. I guess that dam that broke was a beaver dam.

    I remember people laughing when I told them the Clone skins would be dripfed to us 1 faction at a time. Jokes on them.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Always worth noting that it's ok to like something that someone else doesn't. Star Wars is a big place and it's only natural that some people will want different heroes, troopers et al than others. It doesn't mean their opinion is anyway less valid.

    One thing on this note is that we are making multiple changes to the Clone Trooper appearance system, which is scheduled to roll out in February right now.

    Why did that take priority?

    People have been asking for more trooper content since launch. The appearance of the clone skins was a nonissue and you guys had Lucasfilm approval so they were fine.

    More blasters, modes, and maps would have been much better than clone skin fixes.

    I might be wrong, but I think he wasn't referring to the paint jobs on the clone skins. Checking the tease from him and CJ before Christmas about further customization (pauldrons, kamas, visors, etc.), I think he just meant that. Being able to not only have a paint job, but also different "parts" for the armor. It still doesn't make sense that only clones get that (imperials and FO also wear armor) and it still doesn't negate the fact that there are no gameplay changes coming for troopers.

    Either way actual content like maps and weapons should be the priority, not sticking a radio antenna on a clone helmet or changing color schemes that were approved by Lucasfilm.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I assumed this would be a thread about Finn.
    giphy.gif


    giphy.gif
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?

    Omg have you really gone there? Haha ok... Well... Firstly he says ' I don't RECALL ever owning a droid'.. so he doesnt really remember. But as he's lived as a hermit for the last 20 years that would be understandable surely.

    But also. ... 2 droids in a universe of droids are hardly significant relationships ... Other than a relationships with some who supposedly..'made him the man he is today'

    Capeesh?
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?

    Same reason Darth Vader didn't mention he built threepio and Chewie didn't tell Luke he was best bros with Yoda.

    writing intended more for fanservice and commercialization (toys, merchandise) than to construct a believable universe
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?

    Same reason Darth Vader didn't mention he built threepio and Chewie didn't tell Luke he was best bros with Yoda.

    Vader never sees C3-PO in a situation that would warrent him mentioning it and chewie doesn't even know that luke knows Yoda.. they never had a conversation about it ..not onscreen anyway.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?

    Because Lucas decided to retcon a lot of stuff when he created his prequel trilogy without much care about what was said or done on the original trilogy...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I assumed this would be a thread about Finn.
    giphy.gif

    He is a big deal...
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?

    Same reason Darth Vader didn't mention he built threepio and Chewie didn't tell Luke he was best bros with Yoda.

    Vader never sees C3-PO in a situation that would warrent him mentioning it and chewie doesn't even know that luke knows Yoda.. they never had a conversation about it ..not onscreen anyway.

    You're making a lot of excuses I see
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?

    Same reason Darth Vader didn't mention he built threepio and Chewie didn't tell Luke he was best bros with Yoda.

    Vader never sees C3-PO in a situation that would warrent him mentioning it and chewie doesn't even know that luke knows Yoda.. they never had a conversation about it ..not onscreen anyway.

    You're making a lot of excuses I see

    Hahaha maybe .... But it makes a lot of sense to me. It's obvious.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?

    Because Lucas decided to retcon a lot of stuff when he created his prequel trilogy without much care about what was said or done on the original trilogy...

    Or the entire star wars universe wasn't mapped out at the time
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?

    Because Lucas decided to retcon a lot of stuff when he created his prequel trilogy without much care about what was said or done on the original trilogy...

    Or the entire star wars universe wasn't mapped out at the time

    Even then, he could have rechecked what he had done previously and try not to contradict himself. The same way he could have handled Anakin's evolution a lot better, instead of leaving his real background to a TV show that might not have been released when he started the PT.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Geez you guys should start your own thread in Off Topic to discuss this stuff. This thread was supposed to be about asking for trooper content, and also about realizing we aren't getting trooper content.

    This.

    Go post about the annoying orange thing in the proper garbage receptical.


    Trooper blasters I miss:
    T-21
    T-21B
    EE-3
    DL-18
    DT-12

    Would love to see the DLT-19x (and the others)get some mods. Man that thing sounds lovely.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Relmets wrote: »

    The rest of your post I think I'm gonna push back on. To clarify one thing before I do, my PERFECT battlefront would be hyper-authentic. Before this game came out and everyone was asking about how weapons would be handled, myself and other users pitched an idea where you would have visually a few weapon options that correlated to a specific faction, and then you would have a set of archetypes of blaster behavior that you could assign to whatever your cosmetic choice was, which would essentially be having different blasters that were just skinned as faction-accurate weapons. But that isn't the case, the case is you can pick any weapon from any era no matter what faction you are.

    You say that we shouldn't unlock all of those default weapons for the sake of movie accuracy, but the reality is there is no movie accuracy in the weapons category for you to try and save. The majority of players do not run with defaults anyways, and the players who do for the purpose of authenticity will still be able to. When you see someone using an E-11 as a stormtrooper, it's because they are actively choosing to do so for their immersion. When those other defaults are unlocked, they will still probably choose to do so, therefore all we're doing here is giving people who already don't bother with authenticity more choice. These weapons should ideally have mods, and even more ideally be different from each other stat-wise, but even without either of those things, some weapons just click with people more than others, and having all of those new options will feel at least like surface level trooper customization, regardless of how shallow it is.

    Besides any brand-new weapons are inevitably going to be cross faction/era as well, so either way you can't escape this unless weapons were redesigned completely with a system similar to the one I mentioned above.

    As far as skins go I'm not sure why you think trooper customization and authenticity are mutually exclusive, they aren't.

    @Relmets
    I wouldn't be torches and pitchforks against free default blasters if EA/DICE came around and lifted the era/faction-lock on them.
    But I don't think that we as fans should make the call for such low-effort implementations just to get something to spend our play-money on.
    We should keep our standards high even if we know they won't deliver.

    Star Wars isn't exactly lacking source material or weapon designs.
    With that in mind, the system of unlockable cross-era weapons currently in place seems more like laziness rather than creative liberty.
    Faction-specific weapon models for each blaster category sounds right to me.
    And I would even go as far and say that each individual weapon should have its unique stats.
    Take BF15's E11 and A280 for reference.
    So, every faction would actually play a little different.
    (And then there should be a feature where you can pick up weapons from dead bodies, weapon racks and crates in game.)

    This would be the level of attention to detail and canon I'd still expect from a AAA Star Wars game. ... not necessarily this one anymore though.

    Additionally, there should be an in-game encyclopedia where you can get background information for every item.
    Such as manufacturer, which faction or character used it in which movie or book etc.
    And you would be able to view your personal stats / performance with each weapon.
    They could even make it a part of the game that you spend credits to reveal the full weapon stats: DPS, Drop-off range etc.
    (Obviously, I'm not talking about Battlefront 2 anymore here.)...

    @JackTHorn
    I liked your skin suggestion threads and from what else you have posted over time we're pretty much in the same boat about a lot of aspects about this game.
    Personally, I think that the skin customization system that we have is the wrong customization approach to begin with.
    I would prefer a customization system where you change little details of your appearance.
    Like adding shoulder pauldrons, a belt, a pouch, or you change whether you spawn with shiny or dirty armor, whether your armor looks battle-worn or brand new, even markings and insignia (where applicable).
    So instead of unlocking an entire skin, you would unlock appearance details that would be applied to different character models.
    So you wouldn't be able to unlock a Kashyyyk clone trooper skin and use it out of context.
    But in your customization menu you could choose if your camouflaged Kashyyyk clone trooper wears a shoulder bag, and pauldrons and if his armor looks shiny and new or not.
  • @JackTHorn
    I liked your skin suggestion threads and from what else you have posted over time we're pretty much in the same boat about a lot of aspects about this game.
    Personally, I think that the skin customization system that we have is the wrong customization approach to begin with.
    I would prefer a customization system where you change little details of your appearance.
    Like adding shoulder pauldrons, a belt, a pouch, or you change whether you spawn with shiny or dirty armor, whether your armor looks battle-worn or brand new, even markings and insignia (where applicable).
    So instead of unlocking an entire skin, you would unlock appearance details that would be applied to different character models.
    So you wouldn't be able to unlock a Kashyyyk clone trooper skin and use it out of context.
    But in your customization menu you could choose if your camouflaged Kashyyyk clone trooper wears a shoulder bag, and pauldrons and if his armor looks shiny and new or not.
    Exactly! I imagined fighting as a soldier of the 41st Elite on Kashyyyk... having customization options like these:
    • various alternate armor markings like chevron, stripes, shin-plates, forearms, helmet jawline, helmet crown, etc
    • Alternate sub-group armor for other parts of the Legion, ie, Green Company (green markings on white armor), the 101st Regiment (grey markings on white armor)
    • Various helmet add-ons like the shade visor, binocs up, binocs down, reinforced cheekplates, rangefinder, etc
    • A Scout helmet option for Assault and Specialist
    • A Paratrooper helmet option for Heavy and/or Aerial
    • A BARC helmet and ARF helmet option for Specialist
    • Various straps, satchels, bandoliers, ammo straps, etc
    • Small, medium, and large pauldrons in different colors, for Officers
    • Elite status markings tied to class level, such as the Jaig Eyes, or the short kama

    Then on a different map, it would all translate over to a different set of looks. On Theed it would be the 212th. Variant armor markings would show up in orange. Green Company would become Parjai, the 101st would become Hawkbat Battalion. Helmet options would stay the same, but with orange markings. Straps, satchels, bandoliers, ammo straps, etc would stay the same. Officer pauldrons would stay the same. Status markings would stay, but would change color.

    Even if most of those elements only came gradually, that would have been amazing. It would look like it did in the movies and shows. You'd feel like part of a team, part of a greater common Legion, but still individual. Lots of flexibility, lots of opportunities to make money to fund the game.
  • bfloo
    15813 posts Member
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?

    This has actually been addressed.

    They pulled a scene, likely a Lucas added special, where Obi Wan did acknowledge R2 with an it's good to see you again. R2 also went along with Yoda's lessons because he was in on the whole thing.

    There is a youtube video about it if you really care enough to search for it.

    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Nein nub nor dengar would bring anyone back

    I assume you're saying here that 9Nub and Dengar wouldn't bring anyone back, in which case I'd have to ask you how you came to that conclusion.

    If F8RGE came in this thread right now and said that there was absolutely no way troopers were getting anything for 2019, and that 4 heroes yet to be determined were slated for the major content drops, you better believe the first thing I'd do is make a thread asking for OT heroes and villains.

    I can accept that clone wars is more popular than some of us (myself included) would like to admit, but you should accept that the OT is too

    Based on popularity is how I came to the conclusion. For instance ahsoka would bring a lot & I mean a lot of people to the game. Nien nub would maybe bring the hardcore fans to the game but the casuals which the game is geared towards would flock to ahsoka

    Casual fans won’t have the faintest clue who she is

    They'll know who she is more than they will about any background character from the ot.

    Bet.

    Nien nunb has been in 3 movies
    Ahsoka 0

    In the background of 3 movies yes

    He's still in three movies.


    So **** what? There’s more to canon than movies. How many iconic lines does he have, or character development?

    Nien is much more important to Star Wars lore than Ahsoka. How you don’t see this is beyond me.


    jkmvm3xouime.gif

    Technically, he’s right. You can take Ahsoka away, and the whole CW series for that matter, and nothing really changes. If you take Nien Nunb away, then Lando is flying the Falcon alone and the second Death Star doesn’t get blown up. Hey, I like Ahsoka and the series. I don’t mind if she makes the game, but what’s real is real.

    Take ahsoka out & anakin isn't the man he is in rots


    If she was so important why isn't she mentioned in ROTS?

    Oh I know...because she's a cartoon character plotline crowbarred in to make more cash. She's not real....doesn't exist *** puts hands over ears and sings lalalalalala***

    Smh how come obi-wan didn't mention he knew r2d2 & c3po in a new hope?

    This has actually been addressed.

    They pulled a scene, likely a Lucas added special, where Obi Wan did acknowledge R2 with an it's good to see you again. R2 also went along with Yoda's lessons because he was in on the whole thing.

    There is a youtube video about it if you really care enough to search for it.

    From star wars theory lol. Sound a like like 30 years later after he a new hope he put blase blah in cause it didn't make sense now that the the prequel trilogy came out
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!