criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Reduce Health from Star Cards and don't allow yoda to buff team anymore!

One of the main problems with GA right now is that particular heros are overly difficult to kill because of the insane health pools that they have. This is due to the fact that particular star cards have made certain characters too OP because of the vast health pools that it gives them. Dice please reduce the health received from all star cards for all characters or at least drastically reduce the health from star cards and health from abilities for these two characters.
  1. Bossk is pretty much the worst spammed character in GA because of his vast health pools. He has an auto health regen if he isn't being hit after a period of time, which will bring him all the way back to full health. Also he gets the dioxis star card that allows him to gain health back if he is in his dioxis cloud. We he can use while attacking people to gain back health or camp to regain health. In addition he has other star cards that allow him to gain even more health back because it makes his dioxis last longer so he can get more health back or it allows him to spawn his abilities back sooner so he can again get more health back sooner. Please consider reducing the amount of health given back to bossk from all these sources, or increase the recharge time of his abilities or star card abilities boosts, or reduce the amount of health that he can auto regen. This is a huge reason as to why GA has gotten so bad lately!
  2. Then add on the potential to get health buffed or fast ability recharge from the officer for bossk......it's obvious why so many people spam BOSSK in GA DICE!
  3. Bossk gets three sources to replenish his health, plus three sources to continue to keep the health replenish going it's crazy stupid to NOT alter this!
  4. The other awful character in galactic assault that is constantly spammed for the exact same reason is Yoda. He has his health ability and he also gets a health star card that gives him too much health back for killing heros and standard characters, especially considering how easy it is for him to kill standard characters. Yoda also has his block and force push, which prevents standard characters from really doing too much damage to him and can make it super easy to gets lots of kills and health back. So he gets two health abilities and the ability to block peoples blasters and use it against them to again gain lots of health back...plus the potential to use finn's health boost and the officer health and ability recharge boost.
  5. Then add in yoda's small size and constant movement it's so frustrating to play as a standard character now, which is why I can't wait for the new game mode to come out and GA to DIE.
  6. Yoda and finn can buff the entire team, which still hasn't been properly addressed! Yeah you can't stack them now, but now everyone chains them so they constant have health buffs.
  7. Maybe Yoda should have a reduced health buff that can ONLY buff him and not the entire team. Maybe Finn should be the only one that buffs teammates because he can't move around as fast and it's easier to shot him than it is yoda. the 4th phase of Endor and several other phases in other maps have become awful as you run into endless overtime until the lightside wins because officer health buffs, and personal health buffs, and yoda or Finn health buffs are still out of control. Endor Phase 4 has become the worst phase in any map for this exact reason because the lightside with finn, yoda, officer buffs, and wookie buffs or any other personal health buffs or damage reduction make it impossible to flush them out once they get to phase 4.

Replies

• you have to kill someone with a force push if you are yoda otherwise you wont get health back
  • Couldn't agree more. Absolutely game breakingly OP and they should be rebalanced in GA. In HvV they are kind of weak and i always enjoy killing Yodas there.

The only advise i can give about GA is not to play it. Such an unbalanced mess. It gets better with HU-weekends because all the heroes tends to focus on other heroes and leave the ordinary troopers alone.

• Clone201
    3375 posts Member
    edited January 10
    -Deleted Comment-
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Git gud.

Joke of a comment.....because I'm probably way better than you at the game. So if anyone needs to Git Good it's more than likely you!

Also you're lying to yourself if you don't think that yoda and Bossk have way too many methods to regain health and way to many methods to get health buffed and way too many methods to start regain health even sooner after using their abilities.

Get more intelligent and give me a better response that actually proves what your saying because right now you sound like a joke with no logical argument as to why this horrible inbalance in the game should remain. Yoda can easily kill standard troopers and so can bossk.....so why do they need so many health abilities, and the ability to get health buffs from other characters, and give health buffs, and the abillity health buff almost continuously, and the ability at least for yoda to block blaster attacks too and use them to regain health again. It's a complete failure of the game to have not tried to balance out all this health buff nonsense more.

It's an obvious inbalance in the game that has made GA so awful compared to what it use to be. I'm fine with them keeping health cards for other characters, but Yoda and Bossk are way to powerful in GA with all this health overload NONSENSE! It also partly explains why people get such high kill streaks with them and the people that use them completely suck and lose most of their health constantly....yet comeback a minute later and have regained all their health.
  • jordi1337 wrote: »
    you have to kill someone with a force push if you are yoda otherwise you wont get health back

yeah and it's super easy to get kills with the force push as yoda in GA because so many people regularly shoot at him to bring his health down or try to attack him with something that he can absorb and use against them to kill them and regain health. Not only can he block the attack, he can also kill you with the attack, and then on top of that regain health from the same move. They should have tied health regain to lightsaber rush attacks only to start with for yoda or just not have given him a health card at all because GA sucks now because of it. In addition to the numerous other problems with the game mode including team balancing.

He absorbs all blaster damage, a lot of explosive damage like all explosive grenades if they are in front of him, ALL Bossk's attacks can be absorbed except Dioxis gas, Boba's rockets, even iden's secondary fire, Emperors standard attack and chain lightning him he is the start of the attack, and so much other damage. Basically the only thing that stops him is one or multiple force characters using force powers on him to immobilize him and then the team shoots yoda while he is immobilized. These are the typical of examples of how competent yoda characters typically die being force choke by vader and team shooting him, or kylo freezes him and people shoot him, or Emperor aura slowing him down and people shooting him in the back, or a vehicle surprises him, like the AT-AT or Walkers, or star fighters.
  • Git gud.

Joke of a comment.....because I'm probably way better than you at the game. So if anyone needs to Git Good it's more than likely you!

Also you're lying to yourself if you don't think that yoda and Bossk have way too many methods to regain health and way to many methods to get health buffed and way too many methods to start regain health even sooner after using their abilities.

Get more intelligent and give me a better response that actually proves what your saying because right now you sound like a joke with no logical argument as to why this horrible inbalance in the game should remain. Yoda can easily kill standard troopers and so can bossk.....so why do they need so many health abilities, and the ability to get health buffs from other characters, and give health buffs, and the abillity health buff almost continuously, and the ability at least for yoda to block blaster attacks too and use them to regain health again. It's a complete failure of the game to have not tried to balance out all this health buff nonsense more.

It's an obvious inbalance in the game that has made GA so awful compared to what it use to be. I'm fine with them keeping health cards for other characters, but Yoda and Bossk are way to powerful in GA with all this health overload NONSENSE! It also partly explains why people get such high kill streaks with them and the people that use them completely suck and lose most of their health constantly....yet comeback a minute later and have regained all their health.

Yoda cannot regain health with presence. Presence is only a temporary health boost. Presence encourages teamplay, something that very few players in this game actually do. You also say that this lets people go on high killstreaks, which leads me to believe that you do not care in the slightest about your teammates or winning the match, and that the only thing you care about is going on a high killstreak and getting first place. Very few things in this game allow you to directly help your team, so don't take away any of them.
  • Yoda cannot regain health with presence. Presence is only a temporary health boost. Presence encourages teamplay, something that very few players in this game actually do. You also say that this lets people go on high killstreaks, which leads me to believe that you do not care in the slightest about your teammates or winning the match, and that the only thing you care about is going on a high killstreak and getting first place. Very few things in this game allow you to directly help your team, so don't take away any of them.

Wow great job NOT UNDERSTANDING ANYTHING i said!

So much of what you said is inaccurate and just plain dumb. First of all I regularly work with my team......the problem is that they have no idea what they are doing or don't know how to work with me or the rest of the team and get killed super quick. How do you not see this in most of the GA games that you play. Does your squad stick with you or you with them in every single game......doubtful. Do you just ignore half of the team and only notice your personal squad or something. Are you completely oblivious to how most games end up and how most of the people on your team are doing?????? I mean do you not see so many games end up with teams where 3/4 of the players on that team can't get above 5 kills and the team gets completely destroyed because of primarily Yoda and Bossk.

Secondly, I'm the one complaining about the people that go on these high killstreaks that are ruining the game. I don't give two **** about the leaderboard KID! What I care about is that the game is balanced and works properly, so that:
    1. I have a fun time playing the game and so do other people on my team
    2. The game is balanced so that skill and teamwork determine victory at the end of the game, along with a bit of luck......and not one person running around as an overpowered Hero with constant health buffs, health abilities, and health gains. This ultimately allows that one person to just control the direction that the game goes rather than the majority of the team.
    3. Also preventing people from constantly spawn killing everyone over and over again.....like what now happens on Endor in Phase 4, or Naboo phase 3, or Deathstar Phase 2&3, or Yavin Phase 4, or Jakku Phase 4(even though the game doesn't get there much anymore).
    4. Also the same bottleneck areas being overly controlled by the same heros over and over again. Bossk blocking the laser control room on DeathStar Phase 2. Yoda and Finn blocking end phase 4 Kamino, or Yoda going on killing sprees ending Kamino at phase 1. Bossk blocking only entrance for upper level phase 4 Endor. Bossk or yoda blocking/spawn camping phase 4 hoth, which pretty much determines who will win phase 4. Yoda, blocking center entrances phase 2 Hoth. Naboo 2nd phase is like 90% determined by whether Lightside has a better bossk or better yoda player. If both are good then lightside wins because they have more health buffs.
    5. Yoda....and sometimes both YOda and finn blocking phase 2& 3 Kashyyk. Conversely sometimes, but not quite as often as yoda, Bossk blocking disarming of phase 2 Kashyyk. I'm okay with that though personally because I pretty much always want to play the entirety of Kashyyk no matter whether we are winning or losing....but I could easily see people getting frusterated with it.
    6. Yoda blocking court house capture point on phase 2 Tattooine. The small building you have to go inside to capture in phase 2.
    7. Bossk and/or yoda blocking disarming/arming of phase 4 Tattooine.
    8. I could go on and on

It's the same stuff over and over again right now and it's become really lame for GA.

Decent players can get yoda and Bossk pretty far down when they catch them off guard. With all the health abilities they can just go and easily regain all their health back. As for your silly comment about certain abilities not giving permanent health to the character.....yeah DUHHHH of course.....but it creates a "health" shield on the character until they are able to gain permanent health, which can happen really quickly and occur multiple times in succession because of the number of health buffs. With all the health buffs from yoda, finn, officer happen multiple times it just makes the time to kill skyrocket in this game and guarantee you are just going to die.

Stop whinning about team health buffs if yoda loses it. i'm not primarily suggesting that we need to get rid of yoda's heal for the team. What I am suggesting like the title of this thread states is that Bossk and Yoda should have their health star cards taken away and changed to something else because the health star cards are the problem. If they don't take away those two health star cards then they need to address something else with the health of those two characters to balance the game again, that is why I proposed the other ideas. I would settle with bossk's auto health regen being taken away and he instead was given slightly higher health per second to his dioxis gas card. That way he either has to camp to regen health and waste one of his powerful abilities, as it should have a higher cooldown time from the upgrade, or he can use it while in action. Most people would probably use it in action and that would cause most people on the enemy side to switch to the body guard card more often to help combat bossk. Right now body guard only helps slightly because Bossk can just go auto regen health somewhere safely after a bit, so rushing into his gas cloud with body guard is a waste of time. Yoda worked perfectly fine back when he didn't have a health star card that's why I'm suggesting he doesn't need one now.

• bfloo
    13047 posts Member
    Bossk is such a glass cannon and easy to take down. A good Bossk might run wild for a bit, but a good player is going to do that. I've yet to go 'Oh no, it's Bossk!' playing ga.

Yoda has great survivability, but as far as his health buffs go, it is more a problem when he is comboing with Finn.

If by health cards you mean heal on kill cards, I agree, they were a terrible addition that only lowered the skill curve it takes to do well with a hero in ga.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Bossk is such a glass cannon and easy to take down. A good Bossk might run wild for a bit, but a good player is going to do that. I've yet to go 'Oh no, it's Bossk!' playing ga.

Yoda has great survivability, but as far as his health buffs go, it is more a problem when he is comboing with Finn.

If by health cards you mean heal on kill cards, I agree, they were a terrible addition that only lowered the skill curve it takes to do well with a hero in ga.

Again this is pretty much just in reference to GA. Bossk works pretty well in HvV.

Yeah for a lightsaber hero because they can finish him. It's different for most any other character because typically by the time you get most of Bossk's health down as a standard character he as found you and killed you. Then he goes back and camps behind enemy lines to regen all his health back or use dioxis gas to regen health back and you spawn again to go finish him and he is back at full health again by the time you spawn and run back to where he is at.

Yoda's health is more of a problem for a lot more reasons than just Finn and yoda chaining them. it's a problem when yoda is chaining it with Finn's health buffs, and the numerous officer's health buffs from all the officers, or ability regen's that the officers could be giving him, and/or when he is surrounded by wookie warriors and they have their health buffs and chaining them in conjunction with yoda's health buff or finn's health buff, or when the standard characters like assault are chaining their health buffs in conjunction with any of these buffs. Also yoda has much higher movement speed than Finn, so he can quickly go from room to room buffing teammates when they come under attack. Finn's health buff i'm less concerned with because he moves much slower than yoda and you have to stay inside Finn's radius to keep the health buff. Compared to yoda giving a health buff to anyone he is near which can easily be the the hole team with how fast he moves and how quickly he can regen the ability again because of officer ability regen. Also once Yoda gives the buff to them it sticks with them where ever they go and can last quite a while with yoda's star card that increases duration. As you can easily see the number of health buffs, number of abilities increase duration of health buffs, or decrease in time to use health buffs is creating a problem for GA.

Just look at why so many phases in particular maps have become so horrendous, like Phase 4 of Endor or any of the other examples I gave above. It's pretty much a result of all of the health buffs in the game and the fact that they are all being chained together now to create a constant health shield.....especially for the lightside and yoda's health buff in particular. Bossk's health buffing in comparison is just creating problems at certain bottleneck points, which he can control endlessly because of the effectiveness of his crowd controlling abilities in conjunction with his healing.

Another option is that Dice could add a grenade like the Rogue One grenade from SWBF 2015 that removes health buffs from all characters in it's blast range. This will even out the playing field more.......or eliminate some of the health buffs like yoda's

• bfloo
    13047 posts Member
    The nade blocking/ cancelling buffs is an interesting idea.

h846398gb27k.png

• Clone201
    3375 posts Member
    edited January 14
    bfloo wrote: »

The Sonic Imploder did that in Battlefront 2015.

One buff at least for the in this game death trooper is to give its Sonic Imploder that same effect to where enemies are more vulnerable to damage when they're hit by it, as with Chewbacca's Shocked N Vulnerable boost (though to a much higher value), on top of being flashed for 10 seconds or so.

Because as it is, it doesn't have that same effect.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • bfloo
    13047 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

The Sonic Imploder did that in Battlefront 2015.

One buff at least for the death trooper is to give its Sonic Imploder that same effect to where enemies are more vulnerable to damage when they're hit by it, as with Chewbacca's Shocked N Vulnerable boost (though to a much higher value), on top of being flashed for 10 seconds or so.

I didn't know the sonic imploder had that effect, I found it mostly useless, aside from the sound.

h846398gb27k.png