criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Will Darth Maul be buffed in any future updates?

Replies

• Fix his saber throw, buff his choke, and give him a better dodge and he's balanced.

Better dodge? You’re kidding right?

It can't reliably dodge lightsabers since it has no invincibility frames.
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Fix his saber throw, buff his choke, and give him a better dodge and he's balanced.
    Maul has like the best lightsaber dodge in the game.

See above post.

Yeah no.

You do realize that against any competent lightsaber user Maul is dead, right? You guys go on and on about how Palpatine won't lose to any Jedi, but the Jedi absolutely wreck Maul and you think that's fine?

Are you sure you don’t just suck with Maul?

Are you sure you don't just suck with the Jedi?

Yup. Pretty sure. I’m plenty good with Jedi thank you.
  • Fix his saber throw, buff his choke, and give him a better dodge and he's balanced.

Fix his saber throw, buff his choke, and give him a better dodge and he's balanced.

See above post.

Yeah no.

You do realize that against any competent lightsaber user Maul is dead, right? You guys go on and on about how Palpatine won't lose to any Jedi, but the Jedi absolutely wreck Maul and you think that's fine?

Well if you can't kill a Maul with them I don't believe you.

See above post.

Yeah no.

When did I say I can’t kill a Maul?

See above post.

Yeah no.

When I said that any competent Jedi would wreck Maul, it was very similar to the many times when you or your friends have insisted that no competent Vader, Palpatine, or Boba would lose to a Jedi (which I completely agree with). I believe that Maul is to the Jedi what the Jedi are to Palpatine, so he needs buffing.
  • Phantom_A320
    1357 posts Member
    edited January 10

See above post.

Yeah no.

When I said that any competent Jedi would wreck Maul, it was very similar to the many times when you or your friends have insisted that no competent Vader, Palpatine, or Boba would lose to a Jedi (which I completely agree with). I believe that Maul is to the Jedi what the Jedi are to Palpatine, so he needs buffing.

I didn’t say that I asked if you were bad with Maul since you appear to think he’s trash.
  • Maul is more than OK, as-is. Since he got a hok card, I see players hitting 80+ eliminations almost every day. I agree that his Furious Throw hitbox and Choke Throw consistency needs fixed, but those are big fixes, not buffs.

See above post.

Yeah no.

No. Palpatine and Boba need nerfing.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »

See above post.

Yeah no.

But by that logic the Jedi need nerfing too since they wreck Maul!
  • lerodemmy
    3334 posts Member
    edited January 10

See above post.

Yeah no.

No. Jedi are nowhere near the threat to Maul that Palpatine is to Jedi. They don’t stagger Maul from a distance. They don’t slow or stun him with all their abilities. They can’t catch him when he’s running.

EDIT: Jedi are also not nearly the threat to Maul that Boba is to Jedi. I hope I don’t have to explain why.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

See above post.

Yeah no.

this is honestly cringe worthy. the problem with Maul is he cant get through block but guess what happens if a saber user stops blocking? hes going to get torn up by Maul only time a saber users has an advantage vs Maul is if they are blocking and at that point no one is even doing anything so how does that compare to Palps vs Jedi when Palps can just shred through block like its nothing and run circles around any saber user not named Yoda or Boba vs Jedi were you pretty much cant even touch Boba at all?
  • Simper fix, make furious throw and unblockable skill. Due to how hard it is to land-it should brute force block in a same manner that charged hits do.

And increase dodge I-frame by about 0.240 / Ms /s /s / round
    [ May make no sense to you, it’s coding time proprerties, just take my word for it]
  • DarthLuke wrote: »
    Simper fix, make furious throw and unblockable skill. Due to how hard it is to land-it should brute force block in a same manner that charged hits do.

And increase dodge I-frame by about 0.240 / Ms /s /s / round
    [ May make no sense to you, it’s coding time proprerties, just take my word for it]
    Why would you improve Maul’s dodge? It’s really good.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • maybe blocking is a problem when using Maul but that shouldn't be an issue in GA or HvV when you have teammates and you can just move on and ignore the block spammer comparing Maul vs saber users to Palps/Boba vs saber users is just ridiculous.
  • and what is with people wanting Mauls dodge to be improved I dont understand you people there is nothing wrong with his dodge.
  • WoodydaCuakB
    865 posts Member
    edited January 10
    With his Furious Throw hitbox and Choke Hold damage I agree. Otherwise he's pretty good.

+1

particularly the throw, I never hit anything, in comparison Vader's throw is OP with the card that deals extra damage when target is hit twice

But even with his limitations, Maul was the first Hero I reached level 25+ once I learned to use mobility more than brute force, and choke hold mostly to disperse them and pick them one by one.
  • The throw could be improved - larger hitbox and maybe ignore block (all characters should have an ability that ignores block).

But .... Maul is such a smooth and painless character to play with, that i love him even if he's a bit weak. His spinn attack is absolutly flawless and so fun to use. Lukes rush is a joke compared to it.
  • unit900000 wrote: »

See above post.

Yeah no.

this is honestly cringe worthy. the problem with Maul is he cant get through block but guess what happens if a saber user stops blocking? hes going to get torn up by Maul only time a saber users has an advantage vs Maul is if they are blocking and at that point no one is even doing anything so how does that compare to Palps vs Jedi when Palps can just shred through block like its nothing and run circles around any saber user not named Yoda or Boba vs Jedi were you pretty much cant even touch Boba at all?

So... why would a saber user stop blocking?
  • bfloo
    13652 posts Member
    Maul is fine

gn4ouxxz35zc.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Maul is fine

gn4ouxxz35zc.png

You're name is hondo?
    Maul is fine

gn4ouxxz35zc.png

He's pretty good with a broken ability & a pathetic throw
  • bfloo
    13652 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Maul is fine

gn4ouxxz35zc.png

You're name is hondo?

bozhj4x6rw57.png

No one told me it was a $10 donation to Bill Gates to change it

1t78d42w2v58.png

h846398gb27k.png

Maul is fine

gn4ouxxz35zc.png

You're name is hondo?

bozhj4x6rw57.png

1t78d42w2v58.png

Why would you change it it's dope.
  • bfloo
    13652 posts Member
    Maul is fine

gn4ouxxz35zc.png

You're name is hondo?

bozhj4x6rw57.png

1t78d42w2v58.png

Why would you change it it's dope.

Doesn't suit my Shaman on FH

2f2ia41j9cfp.png

h846398gb27k.png

• Clone201
    3480 posts Member
    edited January 10
    All I want most is that they just fix his lightsaber throw back to where it was at launch and before an update that guttered it down (where it had a slightly bigger hitbox and 100% hit registration compared to as of now). Lightsaber combat changes are incoming, so I'll take a look at that first off before deciding on that direction, because as I know, Maul has nothing against defending lightsaber wielders.
    Post edited by Clone201 on
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    All I want most is that they just fix his lightsaber throw back to where it was at launch and before an update that guttered it down (where it had a slightly bigger hitbox and 100% hit registration compared to as of now). Lightsaber combat changes are incoming, so I'll take a look at that on the 23rd of when these changes are live and noted.

Lightsaber changes aren't coming ok the 23rd.
    Maul is fine

gn4ouxxz35zc.png

He's pretty good with a broken ability & a pathetic throw

Unlimited stamina and highest mobility more than make up for it. I rarely use furious throw, and force choke is more consistent than 90% of other hero abilities.

See above post.

Yeah no.

I dont know... maybe to attack? honestly hope your just trolling at this point.
  • Let me elaborate, the thing I said is a measurement of dodging distance per speed in a game round.

So it’s not making the dodge better, but simply extending its dodge distance by about 0.1M / ms that results in the dodge being approx 5M rather then 3M. And it provides a 0.25 second increase to the iframe.

Since maul has NO block, he needs to have a dodge equal to or longer then palp.
  • Clone201
    3480 posts Member
    edited January 11
    DarthLuke wrote: »
    Let me elaborate, the thing I said is a measurement of dodging distance per speed in a game round.

So it’s not making the dodge better, but simply extending its dodge distance by about 0.1M / ms that results in the dodge being approx 5M rather then 3M. And it provides a 0.25 second increase to the iframe.

Since maul has NO block, he needs to have a dodge equal to or longer then palp.

I don't quite understand this, but let me put something out about dodge distance:

Lightsaber-wielders have a dodge length of 5.5 meters. Blaster-wielders (including Boba Fett) have a dodge length of 4.75 meters.

Palpatine has a 'unique' dodge length of 10 meters using forward and backward dodge animations.
    A good reason as to why a good Palpatine player is virtually untouchable when up against Jedi.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Based on the feedback in this thread it is clear we need to buff Darth Maul because he’s perfectly fine.

giphy.gif
  • JMaster
    2107 posts Member
    I agree that Maul needs some tweaks. Saber Throw is a nigh useless ability, if it had a better hit-box or a slight homing effect like Vader's Throw from last game it would be excellent. I also agree that his Choke needs something more, like damage resistance like with Kylo's Frenzy or Grievous's Claw Rush, and a bit more damage. But I'm not sure I'm down with increasing his base health, as the Dark Side is already full of way too many tanks and characters with a lot of health compared to the Light Side. Personally, since with the new saber tweaks if he keeps unlimited stamina he will eat other saber wielders for breakfast , I'd be fine with them changing it so he has stamina and a (weak) block but whatever. Something to give him more defensive capability since he'll almost be outdated once Dooku arrives.
    That said, if we're going to buff/change one of the most fun characters in the game, I'd like to help out the Light Side a bit too. At least Luke, Kenobi and Chewie, but that's just me.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Maul is one of the best heroes now that he have a health on kill card.

Just increase the hit box of saber throw, and give him a garbage block as Grievous (principally useful against sabers)
  • Sorry but I disagree. His damage for Choke Throw is low, however DS needs no buffs with the game in its current state.

Maul is GREAT in both GA and HvV and he always has been. Even before his HOK I was routinely running 40-60 killstreaks in GA.

This is a regular occurrence in HvV. Ask people who play with me.
    pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

Maul is excellent and has the highest mobility of all the DS saber users. And in HvV when played right he can be a very good duelist.

On the subject of your fixes.

Increasing the hitbox or furious throw is a bad idea. Let’s not turn an ability that requires precision and aim into a skill less toss the saber and hit enemies regardless of where you aim. How about they just actually fix the ability?

Choke throw damage, sure he could use more but not right now. And honestly if they never touched it I’m fine. But again, in the current state of the game the DS needs no buffs.

His health, I think is honestly fine. He has the highest mobility out of all the saber users and can avoid damage like no other.

Ur in a group. That picture proves nothing. I can post a pic of getting a first with finn against noobs and say hes the best hero in the game nor does he need any buffs.
    Maul is fine

gn4ouxxz35zc.png

Were u in a group? Bcuz if so that doesnt matter. The only heroes who need a buff are finn,leia.
  • bfloo
    13652 posts Member
    Decrypt3_ wrote: »
    Sorry but I disagree. His damage for Choke Throw is low, however DS needs no buffs with the game in its current state.

Maul is GREAT in both GA and HvV and he always has been. Even before his HOK I was routinely running 40-60 killstreaks in GA.

pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

Maul is excellent and has the highest mobility of all the DS saber users. And in HvV when played right he can be a very good duelist.

Increasing the hitbox or furious throw is a bad idea. Let’s not turn an ability that requires precision and aim into a skill less toss the saber and hit enemies regardless of where you aim. How about they just actually fix the ability?

Choke throw damage, sure he could use more but not right now. And honestly if they never touched it I’m fine. But again, in the current state of the game the DS needs no buffs.

His health, I think is honestly fine. He has the highest mobility out of all the saber users and can avoid damage like no other.

Ur in a group. That picture proves nothing. I can post a pic of getting a first with finn against noobs and say hes the best hero in the game nor does he need any buffs.

Nope, partied up is one of the dullest experiences in this game for me.

h846398gb27k.png

• Decrypt3_ wrote: »
    Sorry but I disagree. His damage for Choke Throw is low, however DS needs no buffs with the game in its current state.

pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

Topping the board solo is much easier than doing so in a group of great players.
    header.jpg?t=1547513853

pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

Nope, partied up is one of the dullest experiences in this game for me.

Ok good job then. Playing solo is fun rather than being good in a group which is 0% skill.

pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

Topping the board solo is much easier than doing so in a group of great players.

No bcuz you don't know how good ur teammates or who ur fighting. Plz , playing in a group especially in the game is easy. I get first place with finn or phasma. U think theyre perfectly balanced?
  • bfloo
    13652 posts Member

pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

No bcuz you don't know how good ur teammates or who ur fighting. Plz , playing in a group especially in the game is easy. I get first place with finn or phasma. U think theyre perfectly balanced?

He didn't say it is hard to win, but topping the board is harder when you are crushing the other team and trying to outscore the rest of your party as you steam roll.

h846398gb27k.png

pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

He didn't say it is hard to win, but topping the board is harder when you are crushing the other team and trying to outscore the rest of your party as you steam roll.

Oh it shouldn't be hard if ur in a group. If everyone was then everyone will pick han or boba. And its an instant 1st place.
  • bfloo
    13652 posts Member

pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

Oh it shouldn't be hard if ur in a group. If everyone was then everyone will pick han or boba. And its an instant 1st place.

Then you aren't playing in a group with equal skill levels.

h846398gb27k.png

pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

Then you aren't playing in a group with equal skill levels.

Exactly
    unit900000 wrote: »

See above post.

Yeah no.

I dont know... maybe to attack? honestly hope your just trolling at this point.

Only attack when Maul is staggered. Then you will destroy him.
  • bfloo
    13652 posts Member

pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

Thanks for educating me on HvV? Any other tips?

tip: Don't eat yellow snow.

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthLuke
    438 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Ye when you play a good team, your score will never be above 10K. As stated I mostly play nothing but HvV, out of my 200 hours about 160 are in this mode.

If you got a score of 23K your most likely playing against noobs, or it’s a match that lasted hours because everyone sucks and can’t kill anyone
  • Phantom_A320
    1357 posts Member
    edited January 11

pwpnklywaxnu.jpeg

Lol.

It’s actually 100 times harder to get on the top with friends. They’re good players so you have to try very hard. But just for your pure satisfaction I will play ONE single round with randoms this morning, pick Maul and top the scoreboard. Just to shut you up.

I’ll even do it on two different platforms.
    Ye when you play a good team, your score will never be above 10K. As stated I mostly play nothing but HvV, out of my 200 hours about 160 are in this mode.

If you got a score of 23K your most likely playing against noobs, or it’s a match that lasted hours because everyone sucks and can’t kill anyone

giphy.gif

b2sjf8pv7zii.png

10k is a steamroll
    20k is about an average match.
    30k+ is a long match with exoloiters and runners.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• bfloo
    13652 posts Member
    DarthLuke wrote: »

It usually means a balanced match for me.

A steam roll vs noobs we're lucky if either teams combined score reaches 20k.

It depends on what I'm trying to accomplish as well, if I'm just xp farming, I wont even go after targets, and try to run up my score as high as possible.

h846398gb27k.png

• Do note I am biased because most of my matches end in like 4 min with me killing everyone, so I rarely go to above 10k.

Highest I seen in my matches is 18K, in a match of 10 min long