criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Will Darth Maul be buffed in any future updates?

13Next

Replies

• DarthLuke wrote: »
    Do note I am biased because most of my matches end in like 4 min with me killing everyone, so I rarely go to above 10k.

Highest I seen in my matches is 18K, in a match of 10 min long

What? I've gotten 65K before!
  • Well that’s prob cause you kill everyone left and right, I only focus on objective. My record is 6/ 10 target kills. Go after target kill and repeat. So that’s how it works, no more then 15 kills per match for me
    Well that’s prob cause you kill everyone left and right, I only focus on objective. My record is 6/ 10 target kills. Go after target kill and repeat. So that’s how it works, no more then 15 kills per match for me

15 kills? I get 20 in a bad game and I'm not that good.
    Ye when you play a good team, your score will never be above 10K. As stated I mostly play nothing but HvV, out of my 200 hours about 160 are in this mode.

If you got a score of 23K your most likely playing against noobs, or it’s a match that lasted hours because everyone sucks and can’t kill anyone

I'm gonna say you're not good at the game.
  • Lee1981
    1916 posts Member
    Fix his saber throw, buff his choke, and give him a better dodge and he's balanced.

Better dodge? You’re kidding right?

It can't reliably dodge lightsabers since it has no invincibility frames.
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    Fix his saber throw, buff his choke, and give him a better dodge and he's balanced.
    Maul has like the best lightsaber dodge in the game.

See above post.

Yeah no.

You do realize that against any competent lightsaber user Maul is dead, right? You guys go on and on about how Palpatine won't lose to any Jedi, but the Jedi absolutely wreck Maul and you think that's fine?

Are you sure you don’t just suck with Maul?

Are you sure you don't just suck with the Jedi?

Yup. Pretty sure. I’m plenty good with Jedi thank you.

Well if you can't kill a Maul with them I don't believe you.

When did I say I can’t kill a Maul?

When I said that any competent Jedi would wreck Maul, it was very similar to the many times when you or your friends have insisted that no competent Vader, Palpatine, or Boba would lose to a Jedi (which I completely agree with). I believe that Maul is to the Jedi what the Jedi are to Palpatine, so he needs buffing.
    Agreed
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    DarthLuke wrote: »
    Ye when you play a good team, your score will never be above 10K. As stated I mostly play nothing but HvV, out of my 200 hours about 160 are in this mode.

If you got a score of 23K your most likely playing against noobs, or it’s a match that lasted hours because everyone sucks and can’t kill anyone

He actually focuses on the target, at least claims to.

Go all out after targets and ignore the other 3 games end fast.

I've had games like that, no one was over 8k score.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Devlin21
    8319 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Maul is fine. Besides his saber throw
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• bfloo wrote: »

Where's the fun in that & you telling you ignore the people coming after you? Also boba can get 12k just killing the targets
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Where's the fun in that & you telling you ignore the people coming after you? Also boba can get 12k just killing the targets

I rarely play that way, except for certain maps.. kashyyyk tree house I'm looking at you.

I'm pretty equal opportunity and will take down who ever is closest and get to the target eventually.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• IronSoldier
    3425 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Please note I have removed several posts. This thread is about maul, not how good you or I are. That discussion is for elsewhere.
  • I would maybe then give maul a third dodge and call it done. To make up for maybe lower end hits having triple dodge seems an easier solution
  • His dodge is fine
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Renegade1004C
    112 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Disagree in part. I think Maul is good where he’s at for now. He’s like Luke. If played correctly, it’s about hitting somewhat hard VERY fast. This may change with the addition of more heroes and villains, but if he gets a block, Yoda will need some kind. Not saying this is bad, but I don’t particularly think Maul needs a buff.

A block at most. No more.

We don’t need another over powered saber villain that people can’t deal with like Vader and Grievous.
  • Clone201
    3680 posts Member
    edited January 12
    Disagree in part. I think Maul is good where he’s at for now. He’s like Luke. If played correctly, it’s about hitting somewhat hard VERY fast. This may change with the addition of more heroes and villains, but if he gets a block, Yoda will need some kind. Not saying this is bad, but I don’t particularly think Maul needs a buff.

A block at most. No more.

That, or rather a good way of penetrating lightsaber-wielder block instantly or perhaps much quicker.

Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Decrypt3_ wrote: »
    Ur in a group. That picture proves nothing. I can post a pic of getting a first with finn against noobs and say hes the best hero in the game nor does he need any buffs.

Impossible. Stormtroopers are not allowed to finish first.

giphy.gif
  • Decrypt3_ wrote: »
    Ur in a group. That picture proves nothing. I can post a pic of getting a first with finn against noobs and say hes the best hero in the game nor does he need any buffs.

Impossible. Stormtroopers are not allowed to finish first.

🤪🤪🤯
  • The only additions/changes/fixes to Maul should be to his Choke Hold (as it fails way too often especially when a turret is in the cone of intended targets, not to mention that when it actually does work properly it very often throws targets in a complete opposite direction as they should be thrown), allow Maul to block/parry lightsabers, and get him a hooded skin in his Sith robes.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • MC_XIX
    1592 posts Member
    The only additions/changes/fixes to Maul should be to his Choke Hold (as it fails way too often especially when a turret is in the cone of intended targets, not to mention that when it actually does work properly it very often throws targets in a complete opposite direction as they should be thrown), allow Maul to block/parry lightsabers, and get him a hooded skin in his Sith robes.

So you think his Furious Throw works fine?
  • Not fine, but I hit on 70% of it being used. I played on Kashyyyk once vs an opponent who would hit 100% of the time if you did not evade. Sure, it can be glitchy (as this is an all time glitchy game) but Choke Hold is far more glitched out & prone to fail, and when that happens it typically gets Maul killed.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • MC_XIX
    1592 posts Member
    Not fine, but I hit on 70% of it being used. I played on Kashyyyk once vs an opponent who would hit 100% of the time if you did not evade. Sure, it can be glitchy (as this is an all time glitchy game) but Choke Hold is far more glitched out & prone to fail, and when that happens it typically gets Maul killed.

Agreed. Maybe my precision with Furious Throw needs work, idk. But it's the one ability i can never do anything with. Even when I use Choke Hold to throw an enemy in front of me, I still can't hit them while they're lying on the ground. The saber always seems to go right through them.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Not fine, but I hit on 70% of it being used. I played on Kashyyyk once vs an opponent who would hit 100% of the time if you did not evade. Sure, it can be glitchy (as this is an all time glitchy game) but Choke Hold is far more glitched out & prone to fail, and when that happens it typically gets Maul killed.

Agreed. Maybe my precision with Furious Throw needs work, idk. But it's the one ability i can never do anything with. Even when I use Choke Hold to throw an enemy in front of me, I still can't hit them while they're lying on the ground. The saber always seems to go right through them.

The trick I've learned is you have to have the reticle right on them to hit them.
  • Clone201
    3680 posts Member
    edited January 13
    MC_XIX wrote: »

The trick I've learned is you have to have the reticle right on them to hit them.

Half the time you'd be awarded for even that though. It's a hit or miss, it's unreliable, it's broken, inconsistent.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
    At one time, Maul was the strongest lightsaber villain on the Dark Side. He was never overpowered, but when his Furious Throw worked and getting staggered by sabers was uncommon, Maul was powerful in HvV and GA.

Currently, he's a good choice in GA, but only because of his Spin Attack. He's hard to pin down and his HoK card boosted him to an mid-upper tier villain in that mode, but he's still behind Palpatine, Bossk, Vader, Grievous and maybe Iden in my opinion.

In HvV, unfortunately, he's terrible. He struggles against saber users because he has no block to defend himself with. The damage of all of his abilities is too low, and his abilities are very unreliable and easy to counter. He also has the lowest health of all saber users and no way to increase this. In summary, he's just bad. Probably the worst saber user of all in this mode.

So, to bring Maul back to where he was at launch, I suggest the following changes:

Furious Throw
    - Increase the hitbox by 100%. This ability just doesn't register when it hits an enemy. It often passes through them without dealing damage, and serves to only disarm Maul until it returns to his hand. Increasing the hitbox substantially should solve this. It still won't be as reliable as Vader's because it travels vertically, but it is thrown very fast which makes up for this.

Choke Hold
    - Increase damage to 100 vs heroes, and 125 vs infantry. 77 damage is laughably low and for little reward. This ability is completely inferior to Luke's Push; Choke Hold cannot be used while jumping, and has a two-stage animation which leaves Maul vulnerable to blasters and staggering. Increasing the damage to 100 will make the ability more deadly in HvV because 100 damage is often enough to finish an enemy that has taken a few lightsaber hits. 77 damage is not. It would also mean that Maul can use it to finish a Heavy off after striking them.

Also, I would like to see he health buffed as detailed below. But that's only a personal preference, not necessarily essential.

Health
    - Increase base health to 750, to match most of the other lightsber heroes. Maul does not have a block to defend himself with, so I can't really see why he should also have the lowest health of all saber users. Against the likes of Rey, Obi-Wan & Luke, Maul just can't compete directly with them. He has to be used extremely carefully.

I’ve been saying all of these things since before the game launched
    Sigh
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Maul is one of the best heroes now that he have a health on kill card.

Just increase the hit box of saber throw, and give him a garbage block as Grievous (principally useful against sabers)

This right here
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    #1 When was Maul the #1 ds hero ?

#2 He’s not terrible in HvV

I think his choke needs to be buffed, while increasing the hit box on his throw

Other than that I think he’s okay

Just my opinion doeee

Honestly he really was after Vader got his first nerf and before Palpatine started getting buffs to his range and lightning lock on.

There is no trick the ability either works or not.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

I'm telling you there is.
  • NomiSunstrider
    2214 posts Member
    edited January 13
    MC_XIX wrote: »

I'm telling you there is.

I have aimed the reticle dead on right in the middle of their body and it didnt hit. I would say at most chances are 50/50 to hit.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• The problem is that even i lf you aim perfectly the enemy can move just a little making it miss. The hitbox of the throw needs to be increased for sure.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Please note I have removed several posts. This thread is about maul, not how good you or I are. That discussion is for elsewhere.

ttadmix8rjae.gif
    One of my favourites
    >:)
  • no block
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I quite like him..I think Maul and Han are the most balances hero's in the game
  • Maul don't need any buffs. He is already great. Well, maayyybe his lightsaber throw needs a better hitbox, but that's all.

I don't even choose with him very often, but manage to get 40+ killstreaks (PC) almost everytime.
  • Being good with Maul is like being good in a Batman Arkham game. If you remember to use your gadgets/abilities, you will do MUCH better then the one who just spams the main attack.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg