criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Let the Campaign Maps be in multiplayer modes.

Quite a few of these could be put into new modes (like speeder/ship racing) and all the other current modes, even Ewok hunt, but definitely blast and HvV...

The maps are built and ready to use, unlike porting in BF15 maps (which I’m still for too!), but they are just collecting dust...

So why not make a couple of them available?

Replies

• This is a good idea if we assume that it would be easier to do this rather than create maps from scratch. I think it should be easier, but I can't know for sure. The Campaign maps would need to be tweaked to "fit" the current game modes, but that shouldn't take much work.
    However, I don't think they should add new game modes, just add more maps for the current modes, especially Extraction and Starfighter Assault.
    She's so fine, there's no telling where the money went.
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    This is a good idea if we assume that it would be easier to do this rather than create maps from scratch. I think it should be easier, but I can't know for sure. The Campaign maps would need to be tweaked to "fit" the current game modes, but that shouldn't take much work.
    However, I don't think they should add new game modes, just add more maps for the current modes, especially Extraction and Starfighter Assault.

I completely agree.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Yes..
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• Pillio for HvV would be amazing.
    21 years in the making... the wait is almost over. Pre-order RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    header.jpg?t=1547513853
  • Jakku battle in starfighter assault
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• Yes!

Vardos and Pillo

both amazing!

3315512-swbf4.png

simon-barle-swbfii-simonbarle-05.jpg
  • Yes!

Vardos and Pillo

both amazing!

3315512-swbf4.png

simon-barle-swbfii-simonbarle-05.jpg

If DICE can't make good new maps and refuse to port the good ones from last game then they really should add the ones made by Motive at least.
    Maybe Criterion and Motive should have stayed for post-launch support and DICE kicked to the curb.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png

• C3POR2D2BB8
    525 posts Member
    edited January 11

""Maybe Criterion and Motive should have stayed for post-launch support and DICE kicked to the curb""

It would be great if Criterion would return to work in SA after the launch of the BFV battle royale (March) this mode needs more maps and new starfighters.
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• ...It would be great if Criterion would return to work in SA after the launch of the BFV battle royale (March) this mode needs more maps and new starfighters.

It would be awesome.
    She's so fine, there's no telling where the money went.
  • I think one of the developers said that it wasn’t any easier to use the maps that were created for story mode a few months back, but I’m not sure I believe that.
  • I think one of the developers said that it wasn’t any easier to use the maps that were created for story mode a few months back, but I’m not sure I believe that.

I sure don't

Also, maps like Theed are the very definition of linear, maps from the campaign can't be any worse than that.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png

• The issue with using the campaign maps that I can see is working it INTO the multiplayer. You have to deal with spawn points, how it can be used in different modes, is it good enough as it is, should there be more miscellaneous stuff for cover, should there be less for more possible kills. There's a lot more than just porting it over, considering they are made for simple objective, AI opponent levels.

Must be so difficult to add those out of bounds areas.
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    1185 posts Member
    edited January 12

I think I have the devs’ response from when this was brought up a few months ago. They said that the campaign maps are “too linear” to place in large modes (so no Vardos for GA 😞). But I still don’t see why we could have small-scale maps (Pillio for HvV, Vardos for Blast, Sullust Pipelines for Extraction).

Here is the link to my post on this topic and the dev response: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/118282/devs-please-give-us-the-campaign-maps#latest

• I think I have the devs’ response from when this was brought up a few months ago. They said that the campaign maps are “too linear” to place in large modes (so no Vardos for GA 😞). But I still don’t see why we could have small-scale maps (Pillio for HvV, Vardos for Blast, Sullust Pipelines for Extraction).

Here is the link to my post on this topic and the dev response: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/118282/devs-please-give-us-the-campaign-maps#latest

The graphics are brilliantly well done for Pillio and Vardos (as well as the regular non-campaign maps). Even the small-scale maps for these planets would be beautiful.