criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hate the target system in HvV? Love it? I have a solution that will please everyone (but trolls lol)

Prev13
Billkwando
1486 posts Member
edited January 11
It's really simple. Ask for a separate Hero TDM mode (or whatever you have in mind), rather than to change the existing one.

We all love having options, right? Boba aside, I like the target system 95% of the time, because there is certain degree of strategy to it (and I don't mean running the whole time) and it gets folks moving around the maps (when the target changes, for example).

I'm not against a TDM mode of its own. Not at all. I'm not against tweaking the current HvV system a bit to improve it, either. Forget about Hero Showdown, as that's its own specialized mode, and outside the scope of this topic.

Here's the way I see it, and of course this is only my personal opinion.

If you don't like the target system, you can easily ignore it if there's a TDM mode. Think of it like Hero Starfighters. I think it's great, but clearly most folks don't, because it can be very hard to find a game (and keep one going with all the quitters, which may be why it's hard to find a game). The folks who don't care for it aren't forced to play it, because SA is still there for them. It's not splitting the player base. There are plenty of SA games to be had.

HvV, which may or may not be an even more populated mode (SA's got some big rooms, so who really knows?), also has plenty of games. Just yesterday, I went to start a game at 8pm EST. I decided I wasn't going to start a game until it loaded up a map that I wanted to play (I was in a pushin' mood so I wanted Bespin or a prequel map), so I sat there and cancelled each time it showed a map name I didn't want to load into. Tatooine, Jakuu, Takodana, Hoth, Yavin 4...each time I cancelled, I found a different server/map. No shortage of games to be had. In off peak times, I can usually cycle through at least 3 maps before I see a repeat, and who's to say that's not a different Yavin 4 server than the one I rejected a click or two ago?

With that in mind, let's go with the assertion that at least in NA, we don't have a population issue. Even if we did, like with HS vs SA, people choose what they want to play....because they have a choice.

Now, if there's clearly no shortage of HvV games, what would be downside of asking for a new mode? It would seem we have plenty of players to go around.

I have a theory about some of the "Remove the target system" crowd. Let's start with setting aside folks for whom the the idea of adding a new mode simply never occurred to them, and wouldn't be opposed to it. Now let's set aside the folks who probably already had the idea of two modes, and would be fine with it.

What do we have left? Who would oppose more options, and stubbornly insist that HvV, as we know it, should be eliminated? I don't mean who by name, I mean why (whoever they are) would folks oppose it? What could the motivation be to want to funnel all the players who like team hero play into one lane on the hero highway?

Pay no attention to the vehicle slowly coming over the hill....... Wait, is that a steamroller?
ZI7BNkU.gif
^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
(Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
Post edited by Billkwando on

Replies

• Rocket32
    144 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Considering these are the same devs that force hero spam events on everyone when many players clearly don’t enjoy it even though many other players do....they clearly have zero interest in simple solutions that make everyone happy.
  • DCDT
    126 posts Member
    The target system could get fixed, by respawning everybody when a point is scored.
  • It would split the player base.

It would be better imo to replace Target HvV with TDM or the like and HS with 1v1.

Nope its a change that not everyone wants, i agree with OP make a separate mode and give players the choice rather than pandering to the minority of people and removing any choice at all. Taking away a choice is as Padm'e says "So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause".
  • Not a fan of being the target four times in a row and getting someone down to low health only for them to be the target and get it all back again...
  • Not a fan of being the target four times in a row and getting someone down to low health only for them to be the target and get it all back again...

That's because every other one has been killed or has committed suicide.
    Bin the player res-pawn ability option, stops people spamming low health on character re-spawning in with full health,thus denying some one the kill.
    Make change characters ability only on death after opposition kills you.
    Make suicides when people do it after target notification impossible by make them still come back as the target. (its a chinken poop thing to commit suicide when notified).
  • jonci wrote: »
    Not a fan of being the target four times in a row and getting someone down to low health only for them to be the target and get it all back again...

Bin the player res-pawn ability option, stops people spamming low health on character re-spawning in with full health,thus denying some one the kill.
    Make suicides when people do it after target notification impossible by make them still come back as the target. (its a chinken poop thing to commit suicide when notified).

Say I'm Han and I'm against a vader and I get him down to low health and them boom he becomes the target and gets all his health back, I don't care about respawns but when they get all their health back I just give up at that point, out played them only for them to be gifted the win....
  • There's also the group of target system haters who just don't have the patience to learn how to play Heroes vs Villains.

If you're continually trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, it's always going to be frustrating.
  • I don't like Hero TDM, I rather deal with annoying runners. Boba isn't that much of an issue for me, If he gets annoying I switch to Chewie/Finn and that's it. Unfortunately most people are not willing to do that.

In any case, I would support adding a different mode but as mentioned above, it would split the player base. Console might be able to deal with that but I'm not sure PC could. If both platforms can then by all means, add it separately otherwise no.
  • HvV capture the flag.
    but Boba cant use jetpack if he picks up the flag.
  • TastyNoob wrote: »
    HvV capture the flag.
    but Boba cant use jetpack if he picks up the flag.

I would support any new Hero mode with objectives.

I'd even support Hero Team Deathmatch, even though I have no interest.
  • 1.bring back the old hvv
    2.make hero blast
    3.make hero extraction
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
    My concern is how much that would split the player base.
    bfloo wrote: »
    It would split the player base.

It would be better imo to replace Target HvV with TDM or the like and HS with 1v1.

If this game can't handle the current hvv and a separate hero blast they should just pull support now and stop wasting everyone's time

Exactly. My thought is "May the best mode win". It appears to have with SA/HS. If folks are soooo sure that Hero TDM is what "everyone" wants, then they shouldn't have anything to worry about, and can take the Pepsi Challenge :p. By the "splitting" rationale (I think we have enough players to go around) HvV will become the new Hero Starfighters ghost town, and the HvV haters can feel vindicated, give themselves a pat on the back, and say they were right all along when TDM becomes the more populated mode (which it would for a few days, I'm sure, until folks realize its flaws and get tired of it). Naturally, if there were only one mode, as the anti-HvV crowd asks for, then everybody would be stuck with TDM whether they like(d) it or not, which is what I believe the steamroll crowd is banking on.

jonci wrote: »
    Not a fan of being the target four times in a row and getting someone down to low health only for them to be the target and get it all back again...

Say I'm Han and I'm against a vader and I get him down to low health and them boom he becomes the target and gets all his health back, I don't care about respawns but when they get all their health back I just give up at that point, out played them only for them to be gifted the win....

DCDT wrote: »
    The target system could get fixed, by respawning everybody when a point is scored.

Valid concerns and good ideas.

I will say that I WILL suicide if I see I'm surrounded and have no choice but to die or pass the target to someone else. It's a flaw of the system, like beating someone up only to have them get all their health back. These are things that can be tweaked, or as mentioned, fixed by setting everyone back to the start after a point is scored. This wasn't my idea, so if there are drawbacks to the "reset" idea, then I haven't had time to consider them yet, so I'm not saying I'm 100% for that, but it sounds ok to me.

Nope its a change that not everyone wants, i agree with OP make a separate mode and give players the choice rather than pandering to the minority of people and removing any choice at all. Taking away a choice is as Padme says "So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause".

Well played

AzorAhai wrote: »
    There's also the group of target system haters who just don't have the patience to learn how to play Heroes vs Villains.

If you're continually trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, it's always going to be frustrating.

This.
    tamère wrote: »
    This mode isn't enjoyable 50% of the time, and to make matters even worse, the playerbase is sadly childlish and immature and acting all the same...

-Pick a one trick pony hero
    -Abuse the game and the target system to avoid real fights
    -Taunt after a kill everyone who points out how sad your behavior is because you are depserate for attention
    -Say they are salty even though they are calm
    -Leave like a coward when you lose or see that the next map has no hole/pit to push anyone into

And that happens too often in this mode, just because the game allows for cheap moves, just because you point out people who abuse it. Truly laughable!

This is coming across as pure salt to me. Care to elaborate? Let's look at your points, one at a time.

Aren't they all one trick pony heroes? They all have unique abilities. What are you saying here?

Yes, this does happen but it's very rare in my experience (Xbox)

-Taunt after a kill

Oh guilty as charged. Emotes are a hoot, and I use them often. People shouldn't be so Benhurt. This forum, some of them act like Kylo's been talkin' 'bout their mama.
    everyone who points out how sad your behavior is because you are depserate for attention

wut? Are you saying that you're verbally abusing folks on chat, and then getting salty when they respond with an emote? Is that really what you're saying?

Again, wut?

-Leave like a coward when you lose or see that the next map has no hole/pit to push anyone into

How do you know that's what people are doing? Have you even heard of EOR:MM, bro? It's like the folks who assume everyone who quits is rage quitting. People have real life issues. People have limited time. People who have friends who get online, who also have limited time, so they leave a match to play with them. It happens.

I love pushing people into holes as much as the next guy, probably more, but I'm not going to go through the trouble of quitting out and going through more loading screens to find a map with a hole in it. The example I gave in my OP was when you're waiting on the title screen for a match, and it gives you the option to cancel. There's nothing wrong with wanting to warm up on a map you like.

About holes....have you ever heard of Virtua Fighter? One of the most well regarded fighting games ever, been around since the 90's, and introduced the concept of a "Ring Out". Ever heard of Sumo wrestling? Ring outs. It's a thing.
    And that happens too often in this mode, just because the game allows for cheap moves, just because you point out people who abuse it.

What do you consider cheap? Why are you harassing other players? Just take the L and move on. If they're exploiting map glitches, then that's one thing, but if you're getting mad at someone for beating you in a way that doesn't have your stamp of approval, then you need to speak with your saber/blaster/zappy hands.

I do find some irony in someone who's harassing other players saying that others are childish and immature.

and here's where I add an extra line because the typo police ate my post.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

My concern is how much that would split the player base.

If this game can't handle the current hvv and a separate hero blast they should just pull support now and stop wasting everyone's time

Exactly. My thought is "May the best mode win". It appears to have with SA/HS. If folks are soooo sure that Hero TDM is what "everyone" wants, then they shouldn't have anything to worry about, and can take the Pepsi Challenge :p. By the "splitting" rationale (I think we have enough players to go around) HvV will become the new Hero Starfighters ghost town, and the HvV haters can feel vindicated, give themselves a pat on the back, and say they were right all along when TDM becomes the more populated mode (which it would for a few days, I'm sure, until folks realize its flaws and get tired of it). Naturally, if there were only one mode, as the anti-HvV crowd asks for, then everybody would be stuck with TDM whether they like(d) it or not, which is what I believe the steamroll crowd is banking on.

DCDT wrote: »

Valid concerns and good ideas.

I will say that I WILL suicide if I see I'm surrounded and have no choice but to die or pass the target to someone else. It's a flaw of the system, like beating someone up only to have them get all their health back. These are things that can be tweaked, or as mentioned, fixed by setting everyone back to the start after a point is scored. This wasn't my idea, so if there are drawbacks to the "reset" idea, then I haven't had time to consider them yet, so I'm not saying I'm 100% for that, but it sounds ok to me.

Nope its a change that not everyone wants, i agree with OP make a separate mode and give players the choice rather than pandering to the minority of people and removing any choice at all. Taking away a choice is as Padme says "So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause".

Well played

There's also the group of target system haters who just don't have the patience to learn how to play Heroes vs Villains.

This.
    tamère wrote: »
    This mode isn't enjoyable 50% of the time, and to make matters even worse, the playerbase is sadly childlish and immature and acting all the same...

-Taunt after a kill everyone who points out how sad your behavior is because you are depserate for attention

And that happens too often in this mode, just because the game allows for cheap moves, just because you point out people who abuse it. Truly laughable!

This is coming across as pure salt to me. Care to elaborate? Let's look at your points, one at a time.

Aren't they all one trick pony heroes? They all have unique abilities. What are you saying here?

Yes, this does happen but it's very rare in my experience (Xbox)

-Taunt after a kill

Oh guilty as charged. Emotes are a hoot, and I use them often. People shouldn't be so Benhurt. This forum, some of them act like Kylo's been talkin' 'bout their mama.
    everyone who points out how sad your behavior is because you are depserate for attention

wut? Are you saying that you're verbally abusing folks on chat, and then getting salty when they respond with an emote? Is that really what you're saying?

Again, wut?

How do you know that's what people are doing? Have you even heard of EOR:MM, bro? It's like the folks who assume everyone who quits is rage quitting. People have real life issues. People have limited time. People who have friends who get online, who also have limited time, so they leave a match to play with them. It happens.

I love pushing people into holes as much as the next guy, probably more, but I'm not going to go through the trouble of quitting out and going through more loading screens to find a map with a hole in it. The example I gave in my OP was when you're waiting on the title screen for a match, and it gives you the option to cancel. There's nothing wrong with wanting to warm up on a map you like.

About holes....have you ever heard of Virtua Fighter? One of the most well regarded fighting games ever, been around since the 90's, and introduced the concept of a "Ring Out". Ever heard of Sumo wrestling? Ring outs. It's a thing.
    And that happens too often in this mode, just because the game allows for cheap moves, just because you point out people who abuse it.

What do you consider cheap? Why are you harassing other players? Just take the L and move on. If they're exploiting map glitches, then that's one thing, but if you're getting mad at someone for beating you in a way that doesn't have your stamp of approval, then you need to speak with your saber/blaster/zappy hands.

I do find some irony in someone who's harassing other players saying that others are childish and immature.

Added extra line cos edit police ate my post
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Ahhh.

The universal language that is "saber/blaster/zappy hands."
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Ahhh.

The universal language that is "saber/blaster/zappy hands."

"Saber. Do you speak it?!?!?"

"May I have a sip of your tasty green beverage to wash this down??"

:D
    ZI7BNkU.gif

Nope its a change that not everyone wants, i agree with OP make a separate mode and give players the choice rather than pandering to the minority of people and removing any choice at all. Taking away a choice is as Padm'e says "So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause".

TjPunx wrote: »

Not even close. The targeting system is fine. Use other characters then your comfortable ones and you’ll be fine

It definitely would split the player base.

And the target system is widely panned. There are about a handful of people who like it. Probably the same people that annoy the majority of people.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • Billkwando wrote: »

Majority of the player base dislikes the target system.

There are enough modes in the game with empty lobbies.
    hnytpwosbe30.png

Majority? Can you link me the figures or evidence this is so. I would disagree that majority dislike it as those on the forums would be the minority if your basing what you say on what you see here
  • bfloo
    14511 posts Member
    A game of HvV needs 8 players.

If they put both in and I can't find 7 other people for whichever one I pick, then it doesn't matter.

I don't have the issues with runners and exploiters that others do. I am not a fan of tdm, so I really don't want hero blast to be the only option.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    A game of HvV needs 8 players.

If they put both in and I can't find 7 other people for whichever one I pick, then it doesn't matter.

I don't have the issues with runners and exploiters that others do. I am not a fan of tdm, so I really don't want hero blast to be the only option.

same here
  • Darth_Vapor3
    3199 posts Member
    edited January 11

Not even close. The targeting system is fine. Use other characters then your comfortable ones and you’ll be fine

And the target system is widely panned. There are about a handful of people who like it. Probably the same people that annoy the majority of people.

You have got to be kidding me. It’s eight total players per match. This is just an invalid assertion. A garbage idea. The OP is correct. Hero Blast should be a separate mode, and if it has a chance at all at becoming permanent, that’s where it’ll be. Split the player base... You can’t split a player base by adding a mode with only eight players.

You have got to be kidding me. It’s eight total players per match. This is just an invalid assertion. A garbage idea. The OP I correct. Hero Blast should be a separate mode, and if it has a chance at all at becoming permanent, that’s where it’ll be. Split the player base... You can’t split a player base by adding a mode with only eight players.

Yeah you can.
  • bfloo
    14511 posts Member

You have got to be kidding me. It’s eight total players per match. This is just an invalid assertion. A garbage idea. The OP I correct. Hero Blast should be a separate mode, and if it has a chance at all at becoming permanent, that’s where it’ll be. Split the player base... You can’t split a player base by adding a mode with only eight players.

Yeah you can.

What difference doers it make, people aren't forced to play a version they don't like.

Take the heroes unleashed events, they are splitting the playerbase chasing off those of us who never want to touch it again, so you have less players in the game in general because we are forced to play another game.

h846398gb27k.png

Yeah you can.

What difference doers it make, people aren't forced to play a version they don't like.

Take the heroes unleashed events, they are splitting the playerbase chasing off those of us who never want to touch it again, so you have less players in the game in general because we are forced to play another game.

I'm just saying that HvV doesn't have many players as it is. Imagine cutting that already sub sufficient amount in two.

Yeah you can.

Seriously? Look man, I credit you for a quality poster so I’m confused by your take here. The reality is, this game would be better with several hero modes. I didn’t play BF2015 but by all accounts it had several large and small modes, and it sounds like the game was better off for it. Same applies here. Hero gameplay is very popular here. More options, not less, is what this game needs. More maps, more weapons, more skins, more heroes, more modes, etc.

Yeah you can.

I'm just saying that HvV doesn't have many players as it is. Imagine cutting that already sub sufficient amount in two.

On PC?

Yeah you can.

Seriously? Look man, I credit you for a quality poster so I’m confused by your take here. The reality is, this game would be better with several hero modes. I didn’t play BF2015 but by all accounts it had several large and small modes, and it sounds like the game was better off for it. Same applies here. Hero gameplay is very popular here. More options, not less, is what this game needs. More maps, more weapons, more skins, more heroes, more modes, etc.

Look, I'm not entirely opposed to this idea. I just don't know if there are enough hero players for two modes. Let me try to show you where I'm coming from. Whenever a target system thread pops up, there seems to be some amount of disagreement. Maybe more people want it to be removed, but there is some kind of division. I'm worried that adding another mode will take the playerbase of a mode that has just barely enough players, and split in two, creating two hero without enough players.

Yeah you can.

On PC?

On PC it is already somewhat difficult to find a game. I'm worried that adding another mode will make it nearly impossible. But I could be wrong.

Yeah you can.

On PC?

On PC it is already somewhat difficult to find a game. I'm worried that adding another mode will make it nearly impossible. But I could be wrong.

Oh, I see. PC. Hmm. Well, based on this forum I will tell you that my experience in HvV is radically different than what’s reported from that platform. I’ll suggest that adding a new mode would bring more players back. On Xbox you can find an HvV match anytime, any day, and for whatever reason, on the server I play on there just isn’t that much running and map exploiters. It’s actually a really good mode. You can’t remove content that’s enjoyed by some but not others based on poor gamesmanship and low quality players within certain subgroups(servers). What you can do is provide more content for everyone.

Majority? Can you link me the figures or evidence this is so. I would disagree that majority dislike it as those on the forums would be the minority if your basing what you say on what you see here

You have got to be kidding me. It’s eight total players per match. This is just an invalid assertion. A garbage idea. The OP is correct. Hero Blast should be a separate mode, and if it has a chance at all at becoming permanent, that’s where it’ll be. Split the player base... You can’t split a player base by adding a mode with only eight players.

Agreed with both of you. I wanna see stats on how unpopulated HvV is. Until then, we can just as easily assume that forum goers are a vocal minority among the much larger population of this game.

I didn't see people complaining about splitting the player base when they added Extraction. What about Ewok Hunt? HvV is a small mode with a healthy player base. When I play it, I hardly ever recognize any names (or think they look familiar). If the mode was underpopulated, it wouldn't be long before we went "Oh noes, it's that Deskipple Reburn guy again!" (made up Star Wars name).

People love to throw around how "everybody" hates this or that, when it's obvious that "everybody" doesn't visit this forum. I would venture a guess that most of "everybody" have never even been here. It's like the "people say" arguments. What people? Who are they? "Oh, lots of people". Ok, who though?

You know, there's an easy way to find out what "everybody" actually wants. You know how they put the patch notes panel on the main menu of the game, and when you click on it, it links to the forum? They could easily pull a poll in a forum thread and put that on the front page, so that way actual everybody on the game would have a chance to see it, and vote. Can't vote if you don't have the game, so not much worry about bots or people who don't have it voting. They could even disregard multiple votes coming from the same IP address, in the event that it were possible to make duplicate PS4/XBox accounts to vote.

ZI7BNkU.gif

• bfloo
    14511 posts Member

Yeah you can.

On PC?

PC always ends up with the smallest player base, but hvv is fine on console, I don't even recognize names on X1.

h846398gb27k.png

Yeah you can.

On PC?

PC always ends up with the smallest player base, but hvv is fine on console, I don't even recognize names on X1.

Same. And I'm always on the lookout.
  • bfloo
    14511 posts Member

Yeah you can.

On PC?

I'm not. I don't even think I'm a top tier player and still can run wild over half the time.

I occasionally get stomped on by partied up gank squads, but it is what it is. I'm sure they are proud of them selves surrounding me and 1v4ing my Yoda when I start out 1v1 vs Vader.
    The best part of this stomping was watching Phasma put her droid down every time, while I focused on Vader, crylo came up behind me and Boba fired a missile barrage. At least the crylo didn't bother with the freeze.

h846398gb27k.png

Yeah you can.

On PC?

I'm not. I don't even think I'm a top tier player and still can run wild over half the time.

I occasionally get stomped on by partied up gank squads, but it is what it is. I'm sure they are proud of them selves surrounding me and 1v4ing my Yoda when I start out 1v1 vs Vader.
    The best part of this stomping was watching Phasma put her droid down every time, while I focused on Vader, crylo came up behind me and Boba fired a missile barrage. At least the crylo didn't bother with the freeze.

I saw a Phasma on Kashyyyk the other night who placed her droid out in the same exact spot every single time she came back into the game. Lol.

Yeah you can.

On PC?

Yeah. I've started checking the scoreboard lately, at the beginning of the match, just see if I happen to recognize the names of any of y'all fine folks.....and also to see if EOR:MM is putting me back in the room with the same group or not. Plus people have funny names sometimes. I think "Rando Calrissian" would be a great name.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• MyLittleGreenFriend
    3449 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Billkwando wrote: »

Yeah you can.

On PC?

Yeah. I've started checking the scoreboard lately, at the beginning of the match, just see if I happen to recognize the names of any of y'all fine folks.....and also to see if EOR:MM is putting me back in the room with the same group or not. Plus people have funny names sometimes. I think "Rando Calrissian" would be a great name.

LOL.

• Majority? Can you link me the figures or evidence this is so. I would disagree that majority dislike it as those on the forums would be the minority if your basing what you say on what you see here
    Based on the amount of complaints it gets it's fair argument. Just go onto reddit where majority of communication occurs. Based on sample size it is definitely unpopular to the majority of players.

The people that support the target system are mostly likely the same that are annoying. I notice you like to play as Boba Fett which would make sense you want to keep such a skill less mode.

The player base is already split with empty game modes like Star fighter HvV and Ewok Hunt. It would be better served to have game modes that people consistently play with the limited resources that BF already has.

That's why I am saying to replace unpopular game modes with what would be more widely enjoyed. If you even played the OG BF2 this wouldn't even be an debate.
    hnytpwosbe30.png

• Majority? Can you link me the figures or evidence this is so. I would disagree that majority dislike it as those on the forums would be the minority if your basing what you say on what you see here
    Based on the amount of complaints it gets it's fair argument. Just go onto reddit where majority of communication occurs. Based on sample size it is definitely unpopular to the majority of players.

The people that support the target system are mostly likely the same that are annoying. I notice you like to play as Boba Fett which would make sense you want to keep such a skill less mode.

The player base is already split with empty game modes like Star fighter HvV and Ewok Hunt. It would be better served to have game modes that people consistently play with the limited resources that BF already has.

That's why I am saying to replace unpopular game modes with what would be more widely enjoyed. If you even played the OG BF2 this wouldn't even be an debate.
    The vacancies in those modes do not represent a split player base. They represent unpopular or unsuccessful modes. HvV is neither. In fact the opposite is true. Otherwise, HvV would be empty just like SA. Conceptually, there’s nothing wrong with the the target system. It works where I play. If it doesn’t for you then ask for something else. Something new. Don’t ask to take something from others because you don’t like it. I just can’t fathom why folks aren’t understanding this.
  • The vacancies in those modes do not represent a split player base. They represent unpopular or unsuccessful modes. HvV is neither. In fact the opposite is true. Otherwise, HvV would be empty just like SA. Conceptually, there’s nothing wrong with the the target system. It works where I play. If it doesn’t for you then ask for something else. Something new. Don’t ask to take something from others because you don’t like it. I just can’t fathom why folks aren’t understanding this.

They do represent a split. People are spread across more modes which include empty modes that could instead be eliminated so resources could be used in better ways.

It's a zero sum game- sometimes elimination is what is best for all even at the expense of the minority.

Conceptually there is something wrong because it promotes stalling and passiveness which is as boring as it gets for most.

HvV would have more even people playing if it were as fun as the OG BF 2. Just look at the front page of Reddit or here there are constant posts about eliminating the target system in favor of a more active and vibrant game mode. That is how samples work.

hnytpwosbe30.png

Yeah you can.

On PC?

i will probably never see one of you guys based on the time of day i play
  • bfloo
    14511 posts Member
    The vacancies in those modes do not represent a split player base. They represent unpopular or unsuccessful modes. HvV is neither. In fact the opposite is true. Otherwise, HvV would be empty just like SA. Conceptually, there’s nothing wrong with the the target system. It works where I play. If it doesn’t for you then ask for something else. Something new. Don’t ask to take something from others because you don’t like it. I just can’t fathom why folks aren’t understanding this.

They do represent a split. People are spread across more modes which include empty modes that could instead be eliminated so resources could be used in better ways.

It's a zero sum game- sometimes elimination is what is best for all even at the expense of the minority.

Conceptually there is something wrong because it promotes stalling and passiveness which is as boring as it gets for most.

HvV would have more even people playing if it were as fun as the OG BF 2. Just look at the front page of Reddit or here there are constant posts about eliminating the target system in favor of a more active and vibrant game mode. That is how samples work.

Eliminating the current HvV wouldn't be eliminating an empty mode. Every lobby is full, at least on x1.

Bring in an additional new variant, those who care will try it, then after people decide which they prefer, go from there. I don't want a mode I enjoy pulled because others don't like it.

We already have forum fights every time they do heroes unleashed because they don't leave regular ga lobbies for those who don't enjoy the hero debacle.

h846398gb27k.png

• johnmangala
    491 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Eliminating the current HvV wouldn't be eliminating an empty mode. Every lobby is full, at least on x1.

Bring in an additional new variant, those who care will try it, then after people decide which they prefer, go from there. I don't want a mode I enjoy pulled because others don't like it.

We already have forum fights every time they do heroes unleashed because they don't leave regular ga lobbies for those who don't enjoy the hero debacle.
    Who said HvV is empty you keep misquoting me. I am saying keeping the target system would split the player base.

I would even argue eliminate HS in favor of 1v1 as well. Look how the HS and HvV splits the player base. It's skewed against HS which is almost always empty or in search of more players when quitting inevitably happens.

You cannot deny how often people even quit in target HvV it'd be even worse when there's a fraction remaining playing the mode.

hnytpwosbe30.png
  • bfloo
    14511 posts Member
    People quit in every mode.

Guess what, hero tdm will be just as bad.

h846398gb27k.png

• It's more pronounced in consequence in modes with few players such as HvV and HS.

Besides you are just speculating, we have the evidence with how often people quit target HvV.

If you had played OG BF 2 you wouldn't even think that. Quiting was quite rare relative to how often people quit with the target system.

People will of course quit in any mode but it'd be undoubtedly worse for target HvV if it remains given how often people quit on top of a fractioned player base.
    hnytpwosbe30.png