criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV but Marvel Characters

If there is a God, he will have someone make a Marvel game with a HvV mode like we have in BF2 (but better).

Replies

• Then pray to Square Enix
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • DarthJ
    5839 posts Member
    I would like either that or an Injustice-style game for Marvel, or failing that Ultimate Alliance 3 to be released on all platforms. Injustice works well, all are fairly balanced even with Superman and Darkseid in the roster. Marvel game like this would be good.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I've actually spent a good amount of time thinking about this. IMO the biggest problem would be that there are too many fliers. Imagine HvV except everybody can fly. You see the problem right? Another thing is the power gap between the characters. I know that in this game they basically throw canon out the window and let Han compete with Vader, but are we seriously going to let Hawkeye kill Thanos? My third and final problem is that there are so many heroes and so few villains in the MCU.
  • DarthJ
    5839 posts Member
    edited January 11
    I've actually spent a good amount of time thinking about this. IMO the biggest problem would be that there are too many fliers. Imagine HvV except everybody can fly. You see the problem right? Another thing is the power gap between the characters. I know that in this game they basically throw canon out the window and let Han compete with Vader, but are we seriously going to let Hawkeye kill Thanos? My third and final problem is that there are so many heroes and so few villains in the MCU.

I see your point, which would then make more sense for an Injustice style game. I think for games like that, canon goes out the window to be fair. Just last night I was playing Injustice 2, playing as Black Canary, and beat Darkseid on the hard AI setting. As much as that could not happen, these type of games have to allow that sort of thing. Its either that or Ultimate Alliance 3 on all platforms.

I think with your 3rd problem, its not a case of there being so few, more that the Marvel/MCU villains aren't really that memorable. If its based off MCU only, granted, with limited films you can only have limited villains. Add in comics though and you get so many more. But generally, Marvel's villains to me are fairly meh, other than a stand out few (mainly Spider-Man's villains).
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • i remember this thread. it was at the time before i was a member...
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • i remember this thread. it was at the time before i was a member...

It was created one day ago.
  • Lee1981
    1494 posts Member
    i remember this thread. it was at the time before i was a member...

It was created one day ago.

nqf5glc5z99b.gif

Looooooool
  • there was a thread before about this
  • i was thinking about that one
  • there was a thread before about this

Could it have been this one?

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/115739/marvel-video-game

bingo
  • I've actually spent a good amount of time thinking about this. IMO the biggest problem would be that there are too many fliers. Imagine HvV except everybody can fly. You see the problem right? Another thing is the power gap between the characters. I know that in this game they basically throw canon out the window and let Han compete with Vader, but are we seriously going to let Hawkeye kill Thanos? My third and final problem is that there are so many heroes and so few villains in the MCU.

I think with all superhero/comic games they have always thrown cannon out the window and kept them on an equal playing ground. Also, maybe the power gap would add another factor into it. Like maybe you would actually have to have a well balanced team to win (support, tank, etc.) Idk just spitballing. As for the flyers, it wouldn’t as big of a deal because you have have people on both side would could fly. Could be kind of like the battle royale dragon ball z games. There are actually a ton of villains. Probably just as many heroes as villains.

I think with all superhero/comic games they have always thrown cannon out the window and kept them on an equal playing ground. Also, maybe the power gap would add another factor into it. Like maybe you would actually have to have a well balanced team to win (support, tank, etc.) Idk just spitballing. As for the flyers, it wouldn’t as big of a deal because you have have people on both side would could fly. Could be kind of like the battle royale dragon ball z games. There are actually a ton of villains. Probably just as many heroes as villains.

But imagine hero combat except everyone is Boba Fett. It would be so hard to hit the people who are flying.
  • Yeah I get you. It would be a difficult learning curve. Ultimately I think they could make a really cool marvel game