criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I just had an amazing idea(Hero objective play)

Just a simple idea. Maybe make it to where when a hero takes an objective(or does the objective) they should get like 100 HP back.(Maybe this would be different for different heros) It would promote more aggressive hero play.
Or when a hero takes an objective any troopers nearby would get an extra amount of battlepoints.
Just an idea.
Thoughts?
giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
-Ronald Reagan

Replies

• https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121242/health-on-pto-would-have-been-better#latest

I tried this idea here a while ago and it fell flat. Seems the majority of hero players would rather hang out near the out of bounds area racking up kills on unsuspecting snipers, than getting in and getting their hands dirty.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121242/health-on-pto-would-have-been-better#latest

I tried this idea here a while ago and it fell flat. Seems the majority of hero players would rather hang out near the out of bounds area racking up kills on unsuspecting snipers, than getting in and getting their hands dirty.

Yeah that might be the case.
    But at least the OBJ heroes should get some kind of compensation for playing the OBJ. (Its a dangerous art you know)
    giphy.gif

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan
  • Drfeelbad wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121242/health-on-pto-would-have-been-better#latest

Yeah that might be the case.
    But at least the OBJ heroes should get some kind of compensation for playing the OBJ. (Its a dangerous art you know)

For sure it’s a dangerous art. A rare treat to have a hero by your side that gets in and plays the objective but doesn’t get slaughtered right away.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited January 11
    I agree. Some kind of reward would be nice and would promote heroes actually being heroic. I just posted about this frustration earlier today about when you’re team is losing but your heroes are no where to be found. Health refresh would be nice- even a slight boost.
  • I don’t know if it’s just me, but I ignore most other players but the juicy red bullseye on the poor unfortunate sacrifice. I go there, maul them like a child, and go to next red marker. Hence why most of my matches last 4 min
    Just a simple idea. Maybe make it to where when a hero takes an objective(or does the objective) they should get like 100 HP back.(Maybe this would be different for different heros) It would promote more aggressive hero play.
    Or when a hero takes an objective any troopers nearby would get an extra amount of battlepoints.
    Just an idea.
    Thoughts?

i LOVE this idea!
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • TjPunx
    1377 posts Member
    PTO just gets boring after a while. Main reason I don’t PTO in Ga
  • bfloo
    14499 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »

I don't think 3/4 of the players have been within 100m of an objective in this game
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• TjPunx wrote: »

So you would rather lose?
    giphy.gif

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

-Ronald Reagan
    TjPunx wrote: »

So you would rather lose?

if only every single player could hear that question and every single player could hear there responses
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...