criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Any movement on making this game more Co-Op friendly?

Single-player campaign, effectively single-player arcade (split-screen only and no sign-in for player 2) and get-your-teeth-kicked-in multiplayer.

Last time I launched the game was a year ago - back when the devs were assuring us they were 'listening'. Any movement on co-op components other than teaming up to get your head bashed because you're not a 24/7 try-hard?

Arcade needs all modes with bots - or at the very least, the multiplayer needs some bots so that players like my wife and I have something to do before the MLG pros spot us and completely demolish our experience...

This game could be SO AWESOME if only we were allowed to actually play it. Running from spawn for 15 seconds to find the action only to find instant death on repeat is hardly a fun experience...

Replies

• Sim
    44 posts Member
    Exactly, the same at home..

This game really needs a "Star Wars Expérience Area", for those who just want to enjoy the universe and have fun. The Arcade part of this game should be the good place, with all the same game modes than online modes and AI heroes, in coop or solo.

By the way, could be the place to learn maps, objectives and controls, in order to rejoin online battles.

Could be an incredible Star Wars game , if only..
  • Yep - I'll never understand why developers believe that leaving my experience exclusively up to encounters with a random selection of other players (who may either have no thumbs or are MLG pros) is the best way to sell a game.

This isn't just some random shooter - it's a Star Wars game. I'll grant you that most people who play shooters are competitive and can deal with the multiplayer shenanigans. But being a Star Wars game means having customers who want to just be in the universe and feel like a powerful hero - even if they're terrible.

They came so close with BF2015 when they gave us Walker Assault with bots/online co-op. All they had to do was extend that to other modes and/or add bots to the multiplayer experience. You can't even play through the campaign with friends. That's absolutely ridiculous.

This isn't hard, people...
  • Sim
    44 posts Member
    The thing I don't understand is : we heard a lot of suggestions at the release of the first game in 2015 (and this is why I didn't buy it at this time), which were resolved by dlc.

Why not include directly this suggestions in the new one ? I mean, from a commercial point of view, I don't understand..

As you said, for a licence like Star Wars, the devs should make a game more "opened" to people, to everyone and Star Wars fans, in order to sell more copy of this game and make it the best SW game ever.

The solo/co-op arcade area needs to be improved for that I think so. And in 2019, comparing to all contents we can find in very popular new games, this SW games is for now a little below..
  • Single-player campaign, effectively single-player arcade (split-screen only and no sign-in for player 2) and get-your-teeth-kicked-in multiplayer.

Last time I launched the game was a year ago - back when the devs were assuring us they were 'listening'. Any movement on co-op components other than teaming up to get your head bashed because you're not a 24/7 try-hard?

Arcade needs all modes with bots - or at the very least, the multiplayer needs some bots so that players like my wife and I have something to do before the MLG pros spot us and completely demolish our experience...

This game could be SO AWESOME if only we were allowed to actually play it. Running from spawn for 15 seconds to find the action only to find instant death on repeat is hardly a fun experience...

That's why I bought the game on PS4! So I have the single-player experience and the multiplayer option. Some people are ruining the online experience on PC. As you say, you always assured to get your **** kicked sometimes when you play and it can be stressful at times. Not fun and relaxing.

• I'm totally agree with you.
    I don't know why they just take star wars battlefront 2 for ps2 and copy arcade mode with galactic assault skirmish and conquest strategic point.
    It was fun, this new game it's so boring, a new FPS of star wars but like a random shooter with small map and no vehicles (ARCADE).
    The key point of the two games of ps2 was arcade and the possibility of capture strategic point where you restart to play when you die.
    ADD MORE IN ARCADE
    Skirmish in arcade with the mode of conquest strategic point
    BIG map with vehicles
    Mode for play versus AI in arcade like the ps2 version with the possibility of which planet attack and bonus to battle.