criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Palpatine can bash?

I had a dude playin palp that would run right up to me every time I tried to block and did some sort of bash attack or something? Wtf.
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!

Replies

• bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    you mean his melee?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I had a dude playin palp that would run right up to me every time I tried to block and did some sort of bash attack or something? Wtf.

Palpatine's melee is really useful when you're at close-range, as trying to lightning someone while you're being sabered to death is beyond ineffective. If you're playing as a Jedi and Palpy comes up to start melee-spamming you (I tend to think it should be reserved as a desperation move, rather than an immediate tactic), try sabering his butt off or dashing back a few paces to put some distance, then use a tactic like Force Push (to gain some distance from him), Mind Trick (so you can have a better chance of escape), or some 'screw this I'm out of here' ability if the Palpatine isn't going to try and play fair. If a Palp keeps being a pain, seek other heroes out and stick close by him, as Palp vs 2-3 jedi doesn't stand too much of a chance (even less if he's against a decent blaster hero).
  • bfloo wrote: »
    you mean his melee?
    Since when did he have a melee?
    Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

• Majike wrote: »
    Palpatine's melee is really useful when you're at close-range, as trying to lightning someone while you're being sabered to death is beyond ineffective.
    The only problem with that is, that his lightning drains your stamina like crazy as it is. So now he can pretty much just **** your stamina in 2 seconds.

He's much more "fair" when you never use it, besides the fact that he's a point and kill stealer. I mean as far as 1v1 goes most people never use it. I literally have been playing the game for over a year now on Xbox One and never once had I seen anyone use it. Even the few times I tried playing as him I never discovered it myself.

Your own words admit that melee spamming with him is cheesing, so you already know that it's an unnecessary and unbalancing addition to his design. Would have rather had him have a lightsaber than a total manhandling ****.

• bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    you mean his melee?
    Since when did he have a melee?

Since day 1.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png