criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Things i would like to see in Battlefront 2 win/win solutions

Hello all, i started this game since release and its getting better & better by each update/patch, but there are some things i would like to see/see changed. i will do this in a constructive way, so dice/EA can make money out of this
since, lets face it, they are both company's who need to make money in order to pay there workers and keep there investers happy. ''but whats in it for us?'' well, no lootboxes for example, and a game that has the potential to run for years, but that can only happen, if everyone is willing to play there cards right, so i would like to see some contructive solution's down in the comment section( solutions that works in both direction's)

this could be a long read, so you have been warned.

i will start first, so you will get a idea what i mean

lets start with the great things of this game (in my opinion)
Game performance

the game performance is one of the best when it comes to ''modern'' games, depending on the map i can get 115-200 frame's on 2560x1440p ultra settings, which is really good, and although i have a 2080ti, so you might think ''yeah thats nice but not everyone has that amount of power'' and thats a fair argument, however this game runs great on lower-end pc's/laptop's aswell, just watch some benchmarks of this game, and you will see that this game is just very optimized.

Possible improvements: well, SLI and Crossfire could be a fantastic thing, Vulkan API could possible be added aswell. wich means, possible even better performance for us players, and great for Dice/EA since, the GPU devs, would be happy because that will increase the sell of there product's wich inturn will be good for Dice/EA because, these devs will promote there product's with this game, so that give good PR, investors see will see the potencial growth and profite in this game. They will also gain more Experience with game development, because they could do exactly the same with all other EA game's, since most run on the same engine.
Gameplay

The gameplay is great, you can choose to play in first/3th person, it plays pretty fast for a non-area shooter such as : call of duty, halo, quake, Unreal, sometime's this game feels like as battlefield 3 to me for some reason, and thats a good thing. and i had some idea's to make things even better, because i really want this game to last a very long time.
so..

Galactic Assault Hardcore mode: same thing as the normal one accept the radar, slightly lower health, and powers regain slower after use(more time to rebuff) objective capture will go faster, and no heroes.

Server selection: just take that from battlefield

private match'es: sometime's we wanna play with friends or clan

clan/group forming: let us compete against eachother, like the battlefield system, so we can add some info, like our preferd faction, things like that.

clan leaderboards with seasons: ofcourse we want to compete, just make for each gametype a separate leaderbord, since every clan wants to do different stuff, some like flying, others like hero battle's. so we get a mix of group's/clan's who will be on top of the leaderboards, then after a season has ended a group/clan gets seasonal points, and in the end of the year the group's/clans with the most seasonal points will win that year. this could result in more views in twitch and might evolve into a Esports variant. more people want to get good or just simply play with friends, so more people will buy this game.

server rent: let us hire servers so we can make the rule's, good way to make money and we will have even more freedom within the game.
DLC

yeah, we have free DLC and am sure i speak for most when i say that we are very with that, but i would not mind some paid DLC, but it must in the form of a add-on, for Example a story, thats canon/non canon and which can be played in co-op online and lan.

some idea's:

''Pod racer'' a Battlefront 2 story, just some race tracks with the pod racers and ask like 20 dollar's/Euro's for that, you allready have a good bases in order to make that, and you could expand it later on.

''Republic Commando'' a Battlefront 2 story, based on Star Wars: Republic Commando, but then with the newer looks, you allready have kamino... so yeah, ask 20 dollar/euro for that and then you are in

add some more, when i have more idea's

some people dont like to pay for more content, but atleast is a add-on, you dont need it if you dont want it, but its a way to run this game longer and make more free DLC possible.

as free DLC i would like to see, atleast 2 more multiplayer maps from each era, Umbara & Utapau from clone era, coruscant, corellia, jedha from galatic empire era, and for the so far nothing yet for the new republic era, since we might need to wait first for the last movie.

And we also need more heroes, because star wars has a lot of them. i would like to see ventress, Ashoka, sarvage, cad bane, jango fett, all inquisitors(brothers & sisters) Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren, Trawn and maby the knights of ren if they show up

will add later more, sorry for the grammatical error's, i have dyslexia and english is not my first language(i really feel am like yoda sometimes)

anyway, may the force be with you, and hope to see you in the comments

Replies

• I can tell you put effort into this and most of the ideas I agree with , so I’ll give you a like!
  • bfloo
    13345 posts Member
    Pod racer should be a separate game done right.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Pod racer should be a separate game done right.

i understand, but if they do it as a add-on DLC, it would save them a lot of time since they allready have the resources laying around , and you would save some money and storage space.
  • I can tell you put effort into this and most of the ideas I agree with , so I’ll give you a like!

Thanks, this means alot to me :smiley:
  • Thanks, this means alot to me :smiley: [/quote]

You’re welcome :smile:
  • some update's are coming up soon
  • LAN party/private matches: Multiple systems on the same network, all with BF2, want to play together in a private/custom match, so why not add LAN party capability?

This allows to play with others on the local network, without wasting bandwidth required for traditional online play. Online play would still be done the current way.
  • LAN party/private matches: Multiple systems on the same network, all with BF2, want to play together in a private/custom match, so why not add LAN party capability?

This allows to play with others on the local network, without wasting bandwidth required for traditional online play. Online play would still be done the current way.

maby this could be an outcome for lanparty's lancafe's,
  • Duke_M
    53 posts Member
    edited February 6
    Some simple things I want...

1) A cooldown period for Heroes/Vehicles. 30 to 45 seconds perhaps? Infinte AT-ST's are so ridiculous at certain points it's unbelievable. Said it before - how many people here have seen a successful defence of Crait Phase 2? Simple answer: NOBODY.

2) A slight increase for the range of Ion Launchers on Crait, Naboo, Kashyyyk, Hoth and Endor. Perhaps make the range 120 metres as it's again ridiculously in favour of the Attackers who will ALWAYS get to them before you will. Good luck even so much as getting to them - let alone firing them - before you get several Vanguards or sniped in the face. And at least make the first group of Launchers a little easier for the Defenders to reach.
    Post edited by Duke_M on
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • I would increase the heroes levels up to 100 and players rank too!
    Games where you can evolve in every way without restrictions are more accepted!
    More star cards and opening all the maps for all game mode!
  • Kduipora
    8 posts Member
    edited February 6
    When we reach the top lvl or rank with all classes, the game becomes boring....repetitive!
  • Kduipora wrote: »
    I would increase the heroes levels up to 100 and players rank too!
    Games where you can evolve in every way without restrictions are more accepted!
    More star cards and opening all the maps for all game mode!

i would love to see more star cards, could be nice if we could swap it while playing a match, so we can be adept to the situation, am not sure how other people think about this since it would effect gameplay a lot
  • Supreme92, and what about rank 50 for players or lvl 40 for heroes? What is the meaning of it? Does it increases character power?
    Why do not they raise the level to 100?
    It would make the game more exciting!
  • Kduipora wrote: »
    Supreme92, and what about rank 50 for players or lvl 40 for heroes? What is the meaning of it? Does it increases character power?
    Why do not they raise the level to 100?
    It would make the game more exciting!

well first it was kinda bound, but they have changed it with the later update's, because otherwise someone who allready reached lvl 100 would have been more powerfull then a lvl 20 person for example, so although i think they could increase the levels( am 68 with the assault class ) it could become very difficoult to belance things out if they would bound character power to lvl, its not going to be fair for low level & new players since they are need to rank up all current cards to purple(max state). but maby they could just simply add more star cards, so we can be a little bit more creative with our set-ups.