criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

People are still hiding in the walls...

Prev1
Yeah so it's been over a year now and people are still hiding in walls.

Had a very neat match on Hoth the other day with @Phantom_A320 and @Admiral_Xen.

I'm gonna block most of the guy's name because naming and shaming are against the rules but I'm gonna leave a small bit there to prove it is the same person.

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

He hid in the wall as Boba Fett, all game...
apdzww62nyip.png
d3sqopfhyxh5.png

He even took some time out of his busy exploiting to emote me

He switched spots a few times too
gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
ffekb34nf18m.jpg

He isn't flying here, he is walking on an invisible ceiling
puflkzstdrkw.jpg

We still ended up winning but only because we were lucky that killed their first few targets.
t4s7rf0772ld.png

Surprising enough he stayed for next round.
0m7vxxkeyasj.png

Did he try and fight this time?

Nope, tried to hide in the walls again as Luke but the thing is Luke tends to get stuck when trying to clip into the wall.
ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

He was really gonna do this again.
7hy7ymti0opt.png

Then one of us picked Boba Fett and went into his little hiding spot and killed him and he proceeded to quit.
xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

I really don't think I have to explain why this is infuriating and shouldn't be happening but another thing to consider is that given that he alone quit that means he was alone and his teammates got to be slaughtered over and over again. How is that fair to them and why is this still allowed?
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
First Max Prestige Iden Versio
hojevrxvarht.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    How are they getting there?
  • I had a whole team hide in the walls on yavin the other day, not at the same time obv
  • Nicky2face wrote: »
    I had a whole team hide in the walls on yavin the other day, not at the same time obv

That’s a leave the game type situ. Cowards.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I feel like “Hiding In Walls” should be a song title. Probably sung by Ed Sheeran.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Nicky2face
    373 posts Member
    edited January 12
    Nicky2face wrote: »
    I had a whole team hide in the walls on yavin the other day, not at the same time obv

That’s a leave the game type situ. Cowards.

Oh I did in the end but I hate quitting hvh
  • @Empire_TW

I'm glad you brought this. I know you know the answer to your own question, but I'll give it anyway: devs CAN'T understand their own game, nor they have ANY wish to do a research on their own to discover these things.

This hole in the wall is as old as the game, you know about it, I know about it, many people know about it, I'm sure many people already reported on it, but it's still there. Also, Hoth on HvV has the most clipping through walls issues of all maps. Devs already fixed a hole in the ceiling near the bridge, another hole in the ceiling just above one of GA's 3rd phase objective spots, that one which stays in the Icy corridor near the bridge, and another hole near the lightside spawn on HvV between the wall and an stalactite. However I know of at least 2 more places they didn't patch, one which is the one showed here, which is the master hole in the wall as it gives access to almost all the map behind walls, and also another one that's in a wall near the DS spawn.

As I know most of these out of bounds glitches, it doesn't bother me much when an enemy does that, as I usually can go there and kill him. Also, when they do that, it's the perfect match to farm on the enemies, as the best they can do is a 3v4 against us, so if we stay together we will decimate them.

But what really interested me in your topic is this:
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    but the thing is Luke tends to get stuck when trying to clip into the wall.
    It coul happen before, but now it happens more then ever, and the reason to this is here:

Performing a dodge in weird terrain has a high probability of getting you stuck. This is new, it came either in the october or november updates. And IMO it was an effort to make these players who like to clip behind walls stop doing that. Of course DICE never mentioned anything about it, and I'm sure they never will, but as they have been trying over and over again to stop clippers of using the dodge method to clip through walls, I'd understand this solution makes sense.

However, as with most of DICE's methods to fix the game, it did more harm then good, and now maaaaaaaany people have been experiencing this Dodge Stuck BUG on many places that they had never ever had issues before, and which have nothing to do with clipping through walls. On the video I provided I triggered this bug in at least 2 different spots in all maps available in arcade, so it's actually a fairly easy BUG to trigger, and it usually results in your death ingame.

I opened a thread about this BUG but unfortunately it didn't get the attention it deserved, and I believe this also comes in part from people not knowing that what they've been experiencing and complaining about, is the Dodge Stuck BUG from my topic's title. https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/128399/new-stuck-bug-analysed-how-it-happens-how-to-fix-it-and-what-it-does-to-you
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I don't feel sorry for his team in their DS round. Little turds were jumping off the map to give Boba the target.

Left before him though, so weren't in the same group. Would gladly have smacked them around again as DS.

Kind of sad this is so commonplace that all the garbage players know what to do when a glitcher is on their team.

61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Agree that this can be really annoying that needs to be fixed in upcoming patches, i mean if DICE can resolve the Bespin hidden door quickly.. why cant they do the same for Yavin IV and Hoth.

Nevertheless.. i'll continue to venture into those walls to fight anyone hiding there in a Matrix type battle, they usually end up dead as they are caught unaware lol :D
  • thorzhammers
    448 posts Member
    edited January 13
    It's such bantha fodder!

What do they get out if this seriously, how is it fun for them?

I had the same yesterday, again the Yoda in storm trooper helmet storage in Death Star. The whole time he was emoting "that is why you fail". I answered him "you cannot hide for ever", only he did hide forever. The match lasted a very long time.
  • What fun is there in hiding in walls the entire match? Never fails to irritate me
  • Relmets
    2248 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    What fun is there in hiding in walls the entire match? Never fails to irritate me

Lol I think you answered your own question. Knowing how agitating it is makes it fun for those kinds of players.
    [+3748 posts]
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Remember, the target system is fine.

Yeah, 10/10 no exploiting best mechanic ever implemented.
    Thanks for sharing OP and I'd encourage other members of the community to keep posting videos (evidence) of the cheaters who use map exploits in this thread. While the targeting system of HvV is not ideal it is intended while map exploits are not intended. Map exploits and rage quitters are why I hardly play the HvV mode any longer and you captured both problems in one video. Well done.
    Any response from the Devs about their progress in eliminating these long time map exploits would be appreciated.

Yeah, will always be posting vids of when things are "not working correctly" but a lot of the times I think I'm just wasting my time.
    @Empire_TW

I'm glad you brought this. I know you know the answer to your own question, but I'll give it anyway: devs CAN'T understand their own game, nor they have ANY wish to do a research on their own to discover these things.

This hole in the wall is as old as the game, you know about it, I know about it, many people know about it, I'm sure many people already reported on it, but it's still there. Also, Hoth on HvV has the most clipping through walls issues of all maps. Devs already fixed a hole in the ceiling near the bridge, another hole in the ceiling just above one of GA's 3rd phase objective spots, that one which stays in the Icy corridor near the bridge, and another hole near the lightside spawn on HvV between the wall and an stalactite. However I know of at least 2 more places they didn't patch, one which is the one showed here, which is the master hole in the wall as it gives access to almost all the map behind walls, and also another one that's in a wall near the DS spawn.

As I know most of these out of bounds glitches, it doesn't bother me much when an enemy does that, as I usually can go there and kill him. Also, when they do that, it's the perfect match to farm on the enemies, as the best they can do is a 3v4 against us, so if we stay together we will decimate them.

It coul happen before, but now it happens more then ever, and the reason to this is here:

Performing a dodge in weird terrain has a high probability of getting you stuck. This is new, it came either in the october or november updates. And IMO it was an effort to make these players who like to clip behind walls stop doing that. Of course DICE never mentioned anything about it, and I'm sure they never will, but as they have been trying over and over again to stop clippers of using the dodge method to clip through walls, I'd understand this solution makes sense.

However, as with most of DICE's methods to fix the game, it did more harm then good, and now maaaaaaaany people have been experiencing this Dodge Stuck BUG on many places that they had never ever had issues before, and which have nothing to do with clipping through walls. On the video I provided I triggered this bug in at least 2 different spots in all maps available in arcade, so it's actually a fairly easy BUG to trigger, and it usually results in your death ingame.

I opened a thread about this BUG but unfortunately it didn't get the attention it deserved, and I believe this also comes in part from people not knowing that what they've been experiencing and complaining about, is the Dodge Stuck BUG from my topic's title. https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/128399/new-stuck-bug-analysed-how-it-happens-how-to-fix-it-and-what-it-does-to-you

No problem, will always post this kind of stuff.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • That’s the worst thing about online gaming. Give people the opportunity to exploit and they’ll use it as an advantage.
  • quenaelin
    1014 posts Member
    edited January 13
    @Empire_TW

This sounds as bad as it is, trying to fix map glitches with this kind of gimmick is useless. I know that those few devs who are left dont understand their game completely, but I doubt this dodge bug is fix for their map glitches, they should fix maps and not make these kind of work arounds, it really sounds weird. I think this is just another bug. This is kind of your own fault also, dodge only to direction where there is enough space to direction of dodge. I never get stucked in open spaces where there is enough room around me.
    Post edited by quenaelin on
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    @Empire_TW

This sounds as bad as it is, trying to fix map glitches with this kind of gimmick is useless. I know that those few devs who are left dont understand their game completely, but I doubt this dodge bug is fix for their map glitches, they should fix maps and not make these kind of work arounds, it really sounds weird. I think this is just another bug. This is kind of your own fault also, dodge only to direction where there is enough space to direction of dodge. I never get stucked in open spaces where there is enough room around me.

They've been trying to fix holes in the walls since release, but people with skills find new exploiting places everytime. Some of these found that by dodging into weirdly shaped corners, terrains, stairs, and the like, they manage to go through walls where technically it shouldn't be possible as the collision acts fine. It's a guess, but as they like to keep us in the shadow, I think this was an attempt to stop people from using the dodge method to clip through walls. I mean, it's the dodge method to clip, and this is the bug that only occurs when you dodge on weird places (just like those used by the dodge clippers).
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    On Yavin I go into the wall, bait the enemy’s and then pounce when they get ready to leave, or turn their back. It’s smart gameplay
  • Just one of the many reasons I will no longer play HVV. That mode is pure cancer. By far the worst mode in this game.
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    Just one of the many reasons I will no longer play HVV. That mode is pure cancer. By far the worst mode in this game.

Why is that, please give reasons
  • Just one of the many reasons I will no longer play HVV. That mode is pure cancer. By far the worst mode in this game.
    Nah, you just need to play with other people
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    quenaelin wrote: »
    @Empire_TW

They've been trying to fix holes in the walls since release, but people with skills find new exploiting places everytime. Some of these found that by dodging into weirdly shaped corners, terrains, stairs, and the like, they manage to go through walls where technically it shouldn't be possible as the collision acts fine. It's a guess, but as they like to keep us in the shadow, I think this was an attempt to stop people from using the dodge method to clip through walls. I mean, it's the dodge method to clip, and this is the bug that only occurs when you dodge on weird places (just like those used by the dodge clippers).

A good reason to change it to TDM, I don't play blast these days but back when I did there was no one hiding in walls.

Well there's little incentive to do so when it increases your chances of losing rather than winning.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• 1) The target system encourages running and hiding.
    2) The LS is much weaker than DS.
    3) It easy to get caught in a spawn loop where it is always 4 vs 1.
    4) It’s the easiest mode for parties to stomp randoms.
    5) Most deaths are unavoidable due to stuns and/or being outnumbered.
    6) Imo, too much dev time spent worrying about this mode.
    7) This is the only mode than I personally find more frustrating than enjoyable.
    8) The runners are by far the worst part of this mode. They are rewarded for being cowards.
    9) The spawn points are horrible.
    10) killing the non target opponents actually hurts your team because they will just resapwn with full health and cooldons while their Maul or Boba keeps running.

I hadn’t played this mode in a while , and decided to try it for triple exp weekend. I played about four rounds and remembered why I hate this mode. I can honestly say I am done with this mode as long as it has the target system. Hero showdown is such a better mode, and it is a shame that it’s so hard to find matches for it. Maybe it’s not the worst mode. I forgot about Ewok Hunt so it’s the second worst mode.
  • It's such bantha fodder!

I had the same yesterday, again the Yoda in storm trooper helmet storage in Death Star. The whole time he was emoting "that is why you fail". I answered him "you cannot hide for ever", only he did hide forever. The match lasted a very long time.

Trolls gonna troll. For them making other players mad is the fun. It's pretty sad and despicable. What's ridiculous is that the devs won't fix these glitch spots over a year into the games life.
  • Nicky2face wrote: »

That bug is easy. Been in the game for a long time, me and a friend check it after each patch and it's still there...
  • It’s like the killing of your teams hero on endor with speeder bikes in bf15, trolls loved it, that was their fun.
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    Hiding in walls is part of the strategy. Getting stuck in walls is not
  • It's such bantha fodder!

Trolls gonna troll. For them making other players mad is the fun. It's pretty sad and despicable. What's ridiculous is that the devs won't fix these glitch spots over a year into the games life.

Could not agree more with you. It is ludicrous that these exploit glitches have not been fixed. It is sad the number if trolls out there.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Hiding in walls is part of the strategy. Getting stuck in walls is not
    TjPunx wrote: »
    On Yavin I go into the wall, bait the enemy’s and then pounce when they get ready to leave, or turn their back. It’s smart gameplay
    Why am I not surprised?
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

>you
    >smart
    ap0ukvtyfphn.jpg

gxizd3x231ng.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »

>you
    >smart
    ap0ukvtyfphn.jpg

gxizd3x231ng.jpeg

Being rabbit is very tactical, but do you wanna be coward rabbit hiding in hole in wall?

usjbu11c0ewy.jpg

• Piscettios wrote: »

>you
    >smart
    ap0ukvtyfphn.jpg

gxizd3x231ng.jpeg

wish he had some content to wake up to...
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Not to mention that little spot behind Takodana’s castle
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    Hunters_94 wrote: »
    Not to mention that little spot behind Takodana’s castle

Love that spot
  • :trollface:
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• TjPunx wrote: »

Had a very neat match on Hoth the other day with @Phantom_A320 and @Admiral_Xen.

I'm gonna block most of the guy's name because naming and shaming are against the rules but I'm gonna leave a small bit there to prove it is the same person.

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

We still ended up winning but only because we were lucky that killed their first few targets.
    t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

Nope, tried to hide in the walls again as Luke but the thing is Luke tends to get stuck when trying to clip into the wall.
    ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

Then one of us picked Boba Fett and went into his little hiding spot and killed him and he proceeded to quit.
    xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

I really don't think I have to explain why this is infuriating and shouldn't be happening but another thing to consider is that given that he alone quit that means he was alone and his teammates got to be slaughtered over and over again. How is that fair to them and why is this still allowed?

Hiding in walls is a defensive tactic

no it's not
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • my logic is if they can't stop the wall exploit then tell it to everyone so everyone can counter it
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Relmets
    2248 posts Member
    my logic is if they can't stop the wall exploit then tell it to everyone so everyone can counter it

By far the most logical thing they can do right now is remove the target system
    [+3748 posts]
  • TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    my logic is if they can't stop the wall exploit then tell it to everyone so everyone can counter it

By far the most logical thing they can do right now is remove the target system

Rotflol
  • yeah instead @Phantom_A320's absolute comedy gold video capture got hidden/deleted.

You know, because we don't want to hurt the feelings of 9 year olds whom think this is hilarious.

Which it kind of is, but it's because we're laughing at them when they are so bad that they still get dumpstered
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• TjPunx
    1598 posts Member
    lerodemmy wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »

nxatv6kpw9l7.png

apdzww62nyip.png
    d3sqopfhyxh5.png

gf3vsd704ebw.jpg
    ffekb34nf18m.jpg

puflkzstdrkw.jpg

t4s7rf0772ld.png

0m7vxxkeyasj.png

ovvqm5d0lc1x.jpg

7hy7ymti0opt.png

xvuyxqwjakpo.jpg

Hiding in walls is a defensive tactic
    That's the current state of STAR WARS Battlefront II. People can come here and brag that they exploit the game, with absolutely no fear of punishment or concern that their cherished exploits will be fixed.

If it’s in the game it’s usable. Why would be afraid of bragging about it. It’s not cheating
  • You know, because we don't want to hurt the feelings of 9 year olds whom think this is hilarious.

Be careful man. I got banned a week for calling someone a middle schooler.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!