criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Need more weapons, port over battlefront 2015 weapons

Playing with the same weapons since 2017 is quite boring, how about porting all the weapons from 2015 battlefront and some new ones, this is one area that the team is lacking on doing.

Replies

• Porting weapons really should happen, there are even some weapons in the game files that are currently unused.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

• They could start by removing class restrictions, then they could bring back Hutt Contracts or (even better) a loot as reward system.
  • Ppong_Man12
    1491 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Agree, we also need better gunplay in general because its abysmal in this game imo.
  • Yup. Priorities these should be.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Remember, just because a weapon looks diferent, doesn't mean it plays different. The EE-3 will not be different from the A280 burst, the DL-44 will not be different from the S-5, the DL-18 will not be different from the base pistol, etc. You have to look at how the weapons performed first, before saying "X weapon should be here".
  • Remember, just because a weapon looks diferent, doesn't mean it plays different. The EE-3 will not be different from the A280 burst, the DL-44 will not be different from the S-5, the DL-18 will not be different from the base pistol, etc. You have to look at how the weapons performed first, before saying "X weapon should be here".

So, you don’t support the addition of new blasters?

I'm not sure I agree that the weapons would be exactly the same, but who knows

And even if that's the case, cosmetically the look and sound are enough in my opinion. It's essentially trooper customization at the bare minimum, IF what you say ends up being true. I still think they have the potential to be unique blasters.
    Versatti wrote: »
    They could start by removing class restrictions, then they could bring back Hutt Contracts or (even better) a loot as reward system.

THIS was something I also thought they could do. I really doubt any of the weapons would be too good when crossed with another class, MAYBE we'd need to be careful with heavy. I imagine something like heavy with CFE and combat shield could be annoying as heII in the right hands. Perhaps in a case like that you just only allow combat shield to be used with heavy-specific weapons.

Alternatively if you don't want to take away the class restriction willy-nilly, what you COULD do is add a star card, available to all four classes, call it something cliche like "weapons proficiency" or something. When equipped the card allows you to equip a weapon from another class.

Or if we just wanna try it out first maybe have it as a weekend event. Allow all weapons to be available across all of the classes, see if people like it, get feedback, figure out how to keep things from getting too OP if they happen to be too good, etc.

Just throwing out ideas, we need some contingency plans if making NEW weapons isn't on DICE's priority list. I think most of this should be doable without too much stress.
    Forum Fringe Extremist Group KoG
    PSN: HUTTSLEIA
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Lee1981
    1217 posts Member
    Not happening

“We'd love to do new weapons but don't have any timescale to this, if any right now”
  • T-21 is different
    12572420175_cce2fed8bf.jpg[\img]
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • The cycler rifle pierce shields.
    img[
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • T-21 and SE14C should definitely be added given that they are in the game files.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    gy16xibs0qi6.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

No, what I don't support is the idea of porting over past weapons because they look different, but statistically are exactly the same as ones we already have. Add in more weapons from the past, yes, but before people recommend them, they need to think deeper into it first. That is what the issue is, not just the mere thought of adding them in.

No, what I don't support is the idea of porting over past weapons because they look different, but statistically are exactly the same as ones we already have. Add in more weapons from the past, yes, but before people recommend them, they need to think deeper into it first. That is what the issue is, not just the mere thought of adding them in.

There’s only so much you can do to diversify weapons without a) making them lame or b) overpowered.

Can you even compare BF15 and BF2 blaster stats? The games are entirely different in terms of TTK and just gunplay as a whole. Any blaster brought in from the last game would need serious tweaks.
  • Didn't Uninspired_Zebra find all the old Battlefront / 2015 blasters buried in the Battlefront 2 / 2017 files? I was under the impression that he found them and made a mod to unlock them. If that's true, they wouldn't need ported over, just unlocked.
  • Also, they can make some different. At least a fair enough to be worth having. For example, the EE-3 would be similar to the A280 and A280-CFE, yes, but it could be made to start out more precise, with better distance at long range, maybe different lengths for the pauses between bursts.