criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Need more weapons, port over battlefront 2015 weapons

Playing with the same weapons since 2017 is quite boring, how about porting all the weapons from 2015 battlefront and some new ones, this is one area that the team is lacking on doing.

Replies

  • Ppong_Man12
    2213 posts Member
    edited January 14
    Agree, we also need better gunplay in general because its abysmal in this game imo.
  • Yup. Priorities these should be.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Remember, just because a weapon looks diferent, doesn't mean it plays different. The EE-3 will not be different from the A280 burst, the DL-44 will not be different from the S-5, the DL-18 will not be different from the base pistol, etc. You have to look at how the weapons performed first, before saying "X weapon should be here".
  • Remember, just because a weapon looks diferent, doesn't mean it plays different. The EE-3 will not be different from the A280 burst, the DL-44 will not be different from the S-5, the DL-18 will not be different from the base pistol, etc. You have to look at how the weapons performed first, before saying "X weapon should be here".

    So, you don’t support the addition of new blasters?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Remember, just because a weapon looks diferent, doesn't mean it plays different. The EE-3 will not be different from the A280 burst, the DL-44 will not be different from the S-5, the DL-18 will not be different from the base pistol, etc. You have to look at how the weapons performed first, before saying "X weapon should be here".

    I'm not sure I agree that the weapons would be exactly the same, but who knows

    And even if that's the case, cosmetically the look and sound are enough in my opinion. It's essentially trooper customization at the bare minimum, IF what you say ends up being true. I still think they have the potential to be unique blasters.
    Versatti wrote: »
    They could start by removing class restrictions, then they could bring back Hutt Contracts or (even better) a loot as reward system.

    THIS was something I also thought they could do. I really doubt any of the weapons would be too good when crossed with another class, MAYBE we'd need to be careful with heavy. I imagine something like heavy with CFE and combat shield could be annoying as heII in the right hands. Perhaps in a case like that you just only allow combat shield to be used with heavy-specific weapons.

    Alternatively if you don't want to take away the class restriction willy-nilly, what you COULD do is add a star card, available to all four classes, call it something cliche like "weapons proficiency" or something. When equipped the card allows you to equip a weapon from another class.

    Or if we just wanna try it out first maybe have it as a weekend event. Allow all weapons to be available across all of the classes, see if people like it, get feedback, figure out how to keep things from getting too OP if they happen to be too good, etc.

    Just throwing out ideas, we need some contingency plans if making NEW weapons isn't on DICE's priority list. I think most of this should be doable without too much stress.
    [+3748 posts]
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    Not happening

    “We'd love to do new weapons but don't have any timescale to this, if any right now”
  • T-21 is different
    12572420175_cce2fed8bf.jpg[\img]

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • The cycler rifle pierce shields.
    img[

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • T-21 and SE14C should definitely be added given that they are in the game files.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Remember, just because a weapon looks diferent, doesn't mean it plays different. The EE-3 will not be different from the A280 burst, the DL-44 will not be different from the S-5, the DL-18 will not be different from the base pistol, etc. You have to look at how the weapons performed first, before saying "X weapon should be here".

    So, you don’t support the addition of new blasters?

    No, what I don't support is the idea of porting over past weapons because they look different, but statistically are exactly the same as ones we already have. Add in more weapons from the past, yes, but before people recommend them, they need to think deeper into it first. That is what the issue is, not just the mere thought of adding them in.
  • Remember, just because a weapon looks diferent, doesn't mean it plays different. The EE-3 will not be different from the A280 burst, the DL-44 will not be different from the S-5, the DL-18 will not be different from the base pistol, etc. You have to look at how the weapons performed first, before saying "X weapon should be here".

    So, you don’t support the addition of new blasters?

    No, what I don't support is the idea of porting over past weapons because they look different, but statistically are exactly the same as ones we already have. Add in more weapons from the past, yes, but before people recommend them, they need to think deeper into it first. That is what the issue is, not just the mere thought of adding them in.

    There’s only so much you can do to diversify weapons without a) making them lame or b) overpowered.
  • Remember, just because a weapon looks diferent, doesn't mean it plays different. The EE-3 will not be different from the A280 burst, the DL-44 will not be different from the S-5, the DL-18 will not be different from the base pistol, etc. You have to look at how the weapons performed first, before saying "X weapon should be here".

    So, you don’t support the addition of new blasters?

    No, what I don't support is the idea of porting over past weapons because they look different, but statistically are exactly the same as ones we already have. Add in more weapons from the past, yes, but before people recommend them, they need to think deeper into it first. That is what the issue is, not just the mere thought of adding them in.

    Can you even compare BF15 and BF2 blaster stats? The games are entirely different in terms of TTK and just gunplay as a whole. Any blaster brought in from the last game would need serious tweaks.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Didn't Uninspired_Zebra find all the old Battlefront / 2015 blasters buried in the Battlefront 2 / 2017 files? I was under the impression that he found them and made a mod to unlock them. If that's true, they wouldn't need ported over, just unlocked.
  • Also, they can make some different. At least a fair enough to be worth having. For example, the EE-3 would be similar to the A280 and A280-CFE, yes, but it could be made to start out more precise, with better distance at long range, maybe different lengths for the pauses between bursts.
  • they also need to redo the stock class weapons with different performance and unlockable upgrades like the rest of the guns in the game. also make them usable for all factions. maybe consolidate a bit with some of the different versions of the same gun and just make those upgrade slots
  • When? When? When?

    New weapons could relaunch this game.


    1bfioawlu399.png
  • masontcarr
    380 posts Member
    edited June 3
    Yes. More weapons are a must. And don't just port the weapons from BF2015 to BFII, port the Maps, Modes, & Heroes.
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    Remove faction restriction from default weapons and make them cross-class (no class restriction)
    @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE
    [+3748 posts]
  • ross42899
    1465 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Porting weapons really should happen, there are even some weapons in the game files that are currently unused.

    Yes, there are some weapons in the campaign already like th T-21. They should be ported over to MP/Arcade.
  • bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Remove faction restriction from default weapons and make them cross-class (no class restriction)
    @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE

    If they do that, we may as well go back to the star card system.

    It'll be 90% SE double quattro spam anyway.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Keep the class restrictions, that's the only thing that keeps games from being 24/7 CR2 spam. There are enough weapons to give to every class anyway
  • Ppong_Man12
    2213 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Remove faction restriction from default weapons and make them cross-class (no class restriction)
    @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE

    Exactly.
  • rather see them fix the lightsaber combat first. This isn’t a shooter game to be taken seriously so why try and make it one a year later? Lightsaber combat is all they have going for them
  • anidriX
    760 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Remove faction restriction from default weapons and make them cross-class (no class restriction)
    @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE

    Big NO to the removal of class restrictions. Right now, each class has only blaster availables that are suited to the class' playstyle. Otherwise, what's the point in having classes at all? Wanna port weapons from BF15, fine, but distribute them across the classes according to the weapon type and style. The last thing we need is an officer running around with a TL-50 or an Assault using the A280-CFE.
  • I want classless trooper skins so I can be a twilek assault or a quarren assault class. But more weapons is also a necessity.
  • Wallofman
    1144 posts Member
    2015 Relby-V10 for President!
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Remove faction restriction from default weapons and make them cross-class (no class restriction)
    @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE

    If they do that, we may as well go back to the star card system.

    It'll be 90% SE double quattro spam anyway.
    anidriX wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Remove faction restriction from default weapons and make them cross-class (no class restriction)
    @EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE

    Big NO to the removal of class restrictions. Right now, each class has only blaster availables that are suited to the class' playstyle. Otherwise, what's the point in having classes at all? Wanna port weapons from BF15, fine, but distribute them across the classes according to the weapon type and style. The last thing we need is an officer running around with a TL-50 or an Assault using the A280-CFE.

    |
    |
    v
    Relmets wrote: »
    default weapons

    [+3748 posts]
  • Give me the EE3, I mean come on!!
  • Assault: E-22 & CJ-9 Bo Rifle
    Heavy: T-21 & SX-21
    Officer: SE-14C & DT-12
    Specialist: Pulse cannon & Cycler rifle


    1bfioawlu399.png
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!