criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

is this game dead or just to busy?

bought it now over the december christmas holidays i think for 10 dollars.

been on every day starting the game but joining allways says need people anything from 14-19 people...
went to change ping options on a few server setings..like brazil..us..germany.
still every time i join it needs 19 people..

so is this game dead..no one playing or is servers just to full?

Replies

• Find full games all the time.
  • 1. What platform are you playing on? PC or Console?

2. Where are you from?

3. What modes were you attempting to play?

I play on PC and I am from South America. Do not attempt to play on Brazil, the servers are always empty, even for Galactic Assault which is the most populated game mode. I've only managed to play just ONE match on Brazil since I got the game 6 months ago. If you are from South America, you are forced to play on US Virginia. As for the modes, I am able to get full games all the time for GA, HvV and Blast. I never play Strike, Ewok Hunt or Extraction but the times I did play (a long while ago), there was a long wait time, and plenty empty servers. As for Starfighter Assault, it's rather a coin flip because it has quite a slow population but you can find a lot of matches at certain times. Hero Starfighters is a graveyard, extremely hard to get into a match and even if you do get, they are pretty short and people quit right after it ends.
  • me too im in south africa..
    play on pc
    mostly choosing galactic assault. nneds players
    then also tried heroes vs villians..needs players
  • The server settings are just a starting point...you are at the mercy of MM system as to where it looks ie might continually put in a lobby that is in "fillup" all to do with EA trying to use less servers .
  • so..i asked the question....is the servers full or empty..
    because joining on any of the servers tells me there is people needed to join.
    so people are needed {because we are in a back log joining in servers full}
    or
    no one is playing
  • dennimon wrote: »
    so..i asked the question....is the servers full or empty..
    because joining on any of the servers tells me there is people needed to join.
    so people are needed {because we are in a back log joining in servers full}
    or
    no one is playing

And we gave you the answer. It's server-platform related. In US servers, you shouldn't have issues.
  • Servers are most likely alive, most issues with finding a game is likely due to the terrible matchmaking system.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • JAREDUP
    1596 posts Member
    Im waiting on conquest because I dont want to wait for 5 games of GA on maps ive done 100 times before trying to play on Geonosis
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • ok

but like i said no matter which server i join it keeps telling me people needed
  • dennimon wrote: »
    ok

but like i said no matter which server i join it keeps telling me people needed

Because as I said above the MM wants to add you to in progress lobbies....try joining non GA and HV modes to see any diffrentiation. ..sometimes this will also reset the MM data
  • well i think i have made a conclusion...
    servers are very empty.
    because how can i wait 30 min -1 hour and still not get in..
    a round last onlt what?? maybe 10 min
    waiting this long means there is no people
    games dead
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited January 14
    dennimon wrote: »
    well i think i have made a conclusion...
    servers are very empty.
    because how can i wait 30 min -1 hour and still not get in..
    a round last onlt what?? maybe 10 min
    waiting this long means there is no people
    games dead

Well your conclusion is wrong and based on a false dilemma fallacy, but enjoy it!
  • everyday..i wait and wait and no people to join..game is dead
    now been sitting over 30 min..no people to play..a few people popped in and left..not more than 5-6..
    still need people...
    so you are wrong t3hBar0n
  • its dying
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Ppong_Man12
    2449 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Virginia servers are always busy for me, busy as in full games.
  • No problem getting into games west coast ps4. Now continuing after the end of a round is another story. After getting thrown into an empty lobby causing me to quit, it's still pretty rare that I get an empty lobby on the restart.
  • Also west coast PS4, usually find games fast GA, HvV, Extraction, the other modes are a little slower sometimes.