criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Overpowered Game Mechanics Questionnaire

Hello everyone,

I have been asking the high tier PC players what they deem is currently overpowered an needs a slight nerf in battlefront 2. Now I am asking the community what you think is currently overpowered.

*Please refrain from typing bugs *

A few things I've seen over to much playtime that needs to be tweaked:
  • Laat's laser beam
  • EL-16 vs the At-TE
  • Saber staggering(being fixed with the saber combat update)
  • officers presence battle point gain (make it 5 points per tick)

Thank you all and May the Force be with You

-DG17R
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_O34Q76QBsyQS6za2yTkxg?
Origin ID: DG17R

rkuiftwpp3aw.gif

Replies

• EL-16 vs AT-TE?

Man I wonder how much damage that does now that is being brought up! Maybe we could give the Seppies a chance at winning beyond the 1st phase... who knows?
    Skill > perceived op mechanics

When I saw this thread, I'd knew whenever you found it, you'd reply to it exactly with this...

Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    EL-16 vs AT-TE?

Man I wonder how much damage that does now that is being brought up! Maybe we could give the Seppies a chance at winning beyond the 1st phase... who knows?

When I saw this thread, I'd knew whenever you found it, you'd reply to it exactly with this...

Haha I knew it was made for me!
  • On PC there is nothing I would consider "overpowered" in a GA setting. Some things are better than others, and whatever differences there are can be accounted for/overcome with skill or modified selection of class/hero to counter it.
  • Skill > perceived op mechanics

For 95% of scenarios yes. But the Laat disagrees
  • in GA, reduce LAAT and starfighter damage & explosive splash damage against heroes. Other than that, not much is over powered in the context of Star Wars.

In HVV the LS are all underpowered.
  • DG17R wrote: »

If you have a team who is paying attention the LAAT can be destroyed before it can even kill anyone... how is this "overpowered"?
  • in GA, reduce LAAT and starfighter damage & explosive splash damage against heroes. Other than that, not much is over powered in the context of Star Wars.

In the context of Star Wars everything needs to be a 1 shot kill. 🤔

The light side heroes are balanced vs the dark side you just need to counter what your opponents are playing.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    DG17R wrote: »

If you have a team who is paying attention the LAAT can be destroyed before it can even kill anyone... how is this "overpowered"?

A team of randoms is never paying attention in a GA game 😂

The thing that makes the laat unbalanced is it's damage output. It's currently damage per hit not damage over time. If you spam the fire button you can mow down a hero in less than a second.

Example. I have a friend who everyone we play on Theed he suicides for a laat at the start of the game and spam clicks and takes out 3/4ths of the enemy team within 10 seconds. *on PC*
  • DG17R wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

The thing that makes the laat unbalanced is it's damage output. It's currently damage per hit not damage over time. If you spam the fire button you can mow down a hero in less than a second.

Example. I have a friend who everyone we play on Theed he suicides for a laat at the start of the game and spam clicks and takes out 3/4ths of the enemy team within 10 seconds. *on PC*

15 players in 10 seconds as Laat.....a lot of afkers that day?
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited January 15

Sure he does... I definitely believe your "friend" is able to kill 15 of the 20 players on the Droid team on Theed within 10 seconds despite all the buildings and cover in the way of the LAAT's fire...

As far as this quote...
    A team of randoms is never paying attention in a GA game

So what? We should now call things "overpowered" because randoms are too inept to deal with them? By that logic everything in the game is "overpowered" if it can kill randoms who aren't paying attention.

Finally, here is how to deal with the "overpowered" LAAT (I lost track of how many times I killed in the match, but it was killed seconds after it spawned pretty much every time and had 0 impact on the match. In this sequence I killed 3 LAATs and 2 starfighters in succession and they kill nothing...

Well, once I learned to turn off my lightsaber, the death from above just stopped.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • "officers presence battle point gain (make it 5 points per tick)"

wait.. is this another '"Officer Nerf" thread in disguise

:o
  • "officers presence battle point gain (make it 5 points per tick)"

wait.. is this another '"Officer Nerf" thread in disguise

:o

"Let my people go!"
    Commander Cody 5:1
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • OP
    No Nerfs, been too many already. By the time whiny noob's have finished we will have no abilities left in this game.
  • jonci wrote: »
    OP
    No Nerfs, been too many already. By the time whiny noob's have finished we will have no abilities left in this game.

Nerfs brings balance. Look at rey nerfed 4 times & is the most balanced hero in the game
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member

None of their team mates are shooting it down for them.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »
    OP

Nerfs brings balance. Look at rey nerfed 4 times & is the most balanced hero in the game

They nerfed Rey 4 times while everyone cried the DS is op...

Please explain to me how nerfing the best one on the 'worse' side is helping balance anything out?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I play console, im wayyy more accurate on PC. I don't play star wars but I can imagine people think the NT sniper is op, because you can literally bonerush people with pinpoint accuracy.
  • TheScape
    2222 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Clone201 wrote: »
    EL-16 vs AT-TE?

I am asking myself the same question. What is the problem with the EL-16 against the AT-TE?

I am not even going to bother with the Officer's Presence nerf... There have been too many threads talking about it and I am just tired of trying to point out that this score gain is negligible.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • This game doesn't need to be watered down anymore. it's turning into a barrel of fish. Shoot the fish, beat on your chest.

Learn creative ways to overcome the challenges. That works great in games. It also works great in life.