criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Any news on a stats screen?

Hi all!

Has there been any word on a player stats screen for BF2? It's my understanding that something was data mined a wile back but I'd hardly call that official. Something like that was in the previous game? Any quotes from the devs on other channels?

@F8RGE ?

star-wars-battlefront-2-stats-page.jpg

Replies

• F8RGE
    582 posts EA Community Manager
    edited January 15
    Nothing as of now.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

Just saying, I wouldn't care for any of the those things in the picture. But can some kind of easily visible K/D, just a Kill to Death ratio to see where I stand.
  • The scoreboard is already a joke...i don't imagine any stat before giving a decent scoreboard...
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

Just saying, I wouldn't care for any of the those things in the picture. But can some kind of easily visible K/D, just a Kill to Death ratio to see where I stand.

Interestingly most players have a negative K/D ratio.

Burn haha. I'm sure its negative but at least to see how close to 1 I am.
    Nothing as of now.

All the time K/D stats are held secret, that's probably how it'll remain. When / if they're added to the game, it'll change the flow of gameplay and objective play will be replaced by farming kills.
    #keepstatssecret
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

Not surprising considering the force multiplier potential of hero units... a few elite players farming everyone else has basically been how the game has played since day 1.

I would guess that 99% of all players are negative KD....but why would that prevent it being visible....interesting
  • I hope you all see he’s joking right? There’s no such thing as a Negative K/D ratio... you can’t have negative kills or deaths...

Unless he meant a K/D ratio <<<<1 which I would believe.
    Nothing as of now.

It was requested since launch but nvm, pls tell me you will revert the Falcons HP nerfs what u made for the sake of your dead mode called Hero SFA, Pls main falcon users suffered enough already!
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Dash
    11553 posts Member
    edited January 16
    I hope you all see he’s joking right? There’s no such thing as a Negative K/D ratio... you can’t have negative kills or deaths...

He’s actually being accurate with negative KD ratio. Soon as you go under 1.0, to let’s say 0.9 KD ratio, that means you are killed MORE by enemies than YOU kill them. A ratio under 1.0 = Negative KD.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    Since most of us are negative, lowest kd if we ever get stats wins?
    I'd be shocked if i'm close to 1
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• rollind24
    5345 posts Member
    edited January 16
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

Not surprising considering the force multiplier potential of hero units... a few elite players farming everyone else has basically been how the game has played since day 1.

Haha exactly what I was going to bring up. This is hardly shocking news to me. Most “shooters” don’t have 100 kill streaks. I’ll keep the rest of my opinions about it to myself but glad to see the confirmation.

Edit/ Nevermind, “Weak special units” I’m gonna laugh myself to bed every time I see that tired nonsense that hero’s/villains are too weak against troopers. Weak players are always going to whine and complain that their “hard earned hero’s” are just simply to weak against the powerful troopers. It’s ridiculous that such a peasant could kill a hero that’s cost over 4000 battle points! At the same time failing to realize skilled players are just gonna farm them into oblivion.

Bring on a trooper mode. I’m sure it’ll be more killstreak heavy than other shooters but atleast it’s the basically the same playing field unit wise.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Dash wrote: »
    I hope you all see he’s joking right? There’s no such thing as a Negative K/D ratio... you can’t have negative kills or deaths...

He’s actually being accurate with negative KD ratio. Soon as you go under 1.0, to let’s say 0.9 KD ratio, that means you are killed MORE by enemies than YOU kill them. A ratio under 1.0 = Negative KD.

Ooo so it’s using the term “negative” to mean a poor performance instead of less than 0? You learn something new everyday. Thanks.
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »

Ooo so it’s using the term “negative” to mean a poor performance instead of less than 0? You learn something new everyday. Thanks.

Yes just a term. :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Dash wrote: »

Ya, a "negative" K/D ratio in gaming is when you are being killed more often than you are killing enemies (think of a 1/1 KDr as 0 net impact on the team... anything above is positive, anything below is negative)... thus you are dragging down your team in a death match type setting... hence the "negative" term as your KDr is a net negative impact to your team.
  • kirtanloorii
    934 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Nothing as of now.

Wow. I had no idea. I figured it would be at least 0.3 or something. Makes me feel a little bad about my epic killstreaks. But now I can see why stats would be a bad idea for this game. I think it would chase away the more casual players. I can't imagine them wanting to see a negative number.

EDIT: I just noticed the other comments. Negative meaning less than one. Either way, that's still pretty sad to hear.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • rollind24
    5345 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Nothing as of now.

Wow. I had no idea. I figured it would be at least 0.3 or something. Makes me feel a little bad about my epic killstreaks. But now I can see why stats would be a bad idea for this game. I think it would chase away the more casual players. I can't imagine them wanting to see a negative number.

EDIT: I just noticed the other comments. Negative meaning less than one. Either way, that's still pretty sad to hear.

It’s sort of comical people are shocked by this. Special units in the game are simply not balanced at a macro level. I see a lot of people posting about micro level balance issues between specific special units when it really doesn’t matter in a GA match whether Anakin can deal 20 more damage points from behind on a trooper or not.

This also sort of goes back to the philosophy of whether the game should be balanced for hero or trooper play but I’ve come to the conclusion the game is going to go for hero/villain play over what what has traditionally been the draw of the Star Wars Battlefront Series.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5345 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Nothing as of now.

I would really like to see the thoughts from the team in why that’s interesting.

Is it because the teams believe the special units are balanced correctly in relation to normal units or are troopers tearing people up? Maybe I’m off base and you could provide further insight?
    #infantrylivesmatter
    Nothing as of now.

Wow. That was fast. Thanks for replying!
  • MC_XIX
    1596 posts Member
    I've often wondered if stats have been monitored since day 1. So I guess they have?

I would much prefer it if we had stats similar to BF15. The detailed record of stats gave players a proper incentive to try and win a match.

Though my K/D would probably be lower than I aim for. As a HvV-main, there too are matches where I have 8 kills, 24 assists and 3 deaths. I don't know what it is about my playstyle, but I always seem to deal heavy damage to an enemy only for a teammate to arrive on the scene and deal 50 damage to kill the enemy, and then emote as if they just achieved the most meaningful kill ever.
  • F8RGE
    582 posts EA Community Manager
    Seronax wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

It was requested since launch but nvm, pls tell me you will revert the Falcons HP nerfs what u made for the sake of your dead mode called Hero SFA, Pls main falcon users suffered enough already!

Just because something has been requested doesn't mean it's absolutely going to happen. There are many more factors coming into play here.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

All the time K/D stats are held secret, that's probably how it'll remain. When / if they're added to the game, it'll change the flow of gameplay and objective play will be replaced by farming kills.
    #keepstatssecret

There's some truth to this.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Nothing as of now.

Just because something has been requested doesn't mean it's absolutely going to happen. There are many more factors coming into play here.

While that's true it's crazy how the last game had things many of us want in this game. I.e private match, the companion app etc took just as many steps forward as you did backwards.
  • Lee1981
    1948 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Nothing as of now.

Have to ask

Why would you not have stats in this game when it was done so well in bf15?

It makes no sense to me at all, nor does changing bf15 HvV to what we have in this game, that again is another poor decision

• bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

#keepstatssecret

There's some truth to this.

There isn't. As bad as objective play is when people focus on kd, it is even worse in this game. 90% of GA games are a steam roll.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Lee1981 wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

Have to ask

It makes no sense to me at all, nor does changing bf15 HvV to what we have in this game, that again is another poor decision

Casualization, can’t let the casuals have proof they aren’t Uber l33tz. Gotta keep on letting them think they are god tier
  • Lee1981
    1948 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

Have to ask

Casualization, can’t let the casuals have proof they aren’t Uber l33tz. Gotta keep on letting them think they are god tier
    Surely this cannot of been in their thinking can it?
    Nothing as of now.

Have to ask

I don't think that's the reason.
    Nothing as of now.

Have to ask

It is 100% their thinking, they have stated this is a casual game. Stats inherently give evidence to ability and rankings, not what casual gamers like.
    Nothing as of now.

Lmao as if any of us needed any more confirmation that the player base is awful. if there is a battlefront 3 please make it so it wont attract so many causals or give us some sort of ranked mode.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • I dont mind seeing what is my negative number, I usually try to do heroic sacrifices for my team, sometimes succesfully, usually not.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

Lmao as if any of us needed any more confirmation that the player base is awful. if there is a battlefront 3 please make it so it wont attract so many causals or give us some sort of ranked mode.

How exactly do they develop a Star Wars game that won't attract so many casuals? Star Wars is a huge IP with fans ranging from 5 or 6 years old to 50 to 60+ years old and not all of those (most) aren't going to be hardcore gamers. If you want to play with the best FPS players, maybe you should play one that isn't based on a huge worldwide IP and is focused towards the hardcore FPS gamers.
  • JayJedi wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

How exactly do they develop a Star Wars game that won't attract so many casuals? Star Wars is a huge IP with fans ranging from 5 or 6 years old to 50 to 60+ years old and not all of those (most) aren't going to be hardcore gamers. If you want to play with the best FPS players, maybe you should play one that isn't based on a huge worldwide IP and is focused towards the hardcore FPS gamers.

you have a point though I would still think they could at least add ranked matches or something along those lines.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Evo911 wrote: »
    The scoreboard is already a joke...i don't imagine any stat before giving a decent scoreboard...

Whats the problem with it?
    The scoreboard is already a joke...i don't imagine any stat before giving a decent scoreboard...

I think it looks wack. And only serves to show you what place you are on the board really quick. It could look nicer and display combat achievements (kills, death, assists, etc.) A little neater.
  • my "goal" when i play GA is to make a positive k/d ratio
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Nothing as of now.

I'm convinced there aren't any.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

I think it looks wack. And only serves to show you what place you are on the board really quick. It could look nicer and display combat achievements (kills, death, assists, etc.) A little neater.

Can you post a screen of a better scoreboard? I may be old school bu back in my day we only saw our names and number of kills. XD
    Nothing as of now.

KD means nothing, Just numbers on a screen
  • my "goal" when i play GA is to make a positive k/d ratio

You're playing the wrong game then
  • SVEJ
    1160 posts Member
    Nothing as of now.

I haven't seen an Emote Wheel being requested and yet it's happening. There is literally a simple mod that includes K/D as part of the stat screen. Not sure why you guys can't do it.
    Nothing as of now.

Finally i got your attention...For the Nine!

...What about the Falcons HP? I heard u are a big fan of Starfighter Assault, just like myself. If its really true than u should know that the Falcon nerf was a mistake...a huge one. U have to ask the balance team to revert it, if not ask them to play some SA before they touch it.
    It shouldnt take 3month to do it for sure. Just a hotfix bum done cause i'm100% sure they had no clue what they were doing back in June.

If there is a way for you to check my account to see how many hrs i have spent within the Falcons u will know i have tons of experience.

3b81ofd486mu.jpg