criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Out of words, Good news for Battlefront, bad news for everything else...

Prev1
A good news related to Star Wars? hmmm let balanced with 2 bad news...

Really, I cannot believe that both EA and Disney have such an hability to sour the little hope that we get from small victories and scraps regarding Star Wars.

Just after the confirmation of the progress being made in the new huge mode and the very real possibility that this mode come to Arcade, we got today through Star Wars HQ:

Which puted a smile in our faces, Disney and EA rush themselve, to give us the bad news and drama that we are now so acostume to get about the franchise...

First Disney directly steal the content of a pasionate fan Fan, that did an awesome job to share his love for the franchise, wihtout any kind of economic aspirations:

And later today we have confirmation for what it is, the final nail in the coffin of the Open World Star Wars game that was previously and infamously taken away from Viceral (Rest in peace):

I really don't understand this... just when we are starting to get hope about the road EA is taking with Battlefront 2 and just when (after liking our wounds and finally putting the dissaster that TLJ was behind us), we are finally looking up to the future of the franchise movie wise, both EA and Disney invent new ways to disrespect and ignore the fandom and dissapoint us all, both in gaming and ethical criteria, without any kind of justification (outside of either bogus arguments based on greed or just silence). It baffles me to see this news both in the same day, as if EA and Disney were just laughing at us for starting to feel optimistic about the franchise...

I'm stunned!.. I assume this particular thread will be taken down within minutes, so take it for what it worth... agree or dissagree, with it... I don't know guys... I just don't know what to think or if I even care anymore.

Sorry for my bad English.

Replies

• t3hBar0n wrote: »
    If EA/Disney didn't like the way the game was developing and didn't see that it was a worthwhile investment, they are 100% correct to cancel the project and cut their losses...

This.
    Disney paid over $4 Billion for Star Wars, I can't fault them for trying to make the most of it, however I feel about the products they release.

Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
    Foxdie491 wrote: »

Really, I cannot believe that both EA and Disney have such an hability to sour the little hope that we get from small victories and scraps regarding Star Wars.

Just after the confirmation of the progress being made in the new huge mode and the very real possibility that this mode come to Arcade, we got today through Star Wars HQ:

Which puted a smile in our faces, Disney and EA rush themselve, to give us the bad news and drama that we are now so acostume to get about the franchise...

First Disney directly steal the content of a pasionate fan Fan, that did an awesome job to share his love for the franchise, wihtout any kind of economic aspirations:

And later today we have confirmation for what it is, the final nail in the coffin of the Open World Star Wars game that was previously and infamously taken away from Viceral (Rest in peace):

I really don't understand this... just when we are starting to get hope about the road EA is taking with Battlefront 2 and just when (after liking our wounds and finally putting the dissaster that TLJ was behind us), we are finally looking up to the future of the franchise movie wise, both EA and Disney invent new ways to disrespect and ignore the fandom and dissapoint us all, both in gaming and ethical criteria, without any kind of justification (outside of either bogus arguments based on greed or just silence). It baffles me to see this news both in the same day, as if EA and Disney were just laughing at us for starting to feel optimistic about the franchise...

I'm stunned!.. I assume this particular thread will be taken down within minutes, so take it for what it worth... agree or dissagree, with it... I don't know guys... I just don't know what to think or if I even care anymore.

The "greed" I see here is the greed of petulant fans who believe the companies that own the IP somehow "owe" them something... they don't owe you anything. If EA/Disney didn't like the way the game was developing and didn't see that it was a worthwhile investment, they are 100% correct to cancel the project and cut their losses... and the only people that are owed any explanation are the shareholders, not random fans.

EA indeed took this attitude, and guess who is taking a beating as a result? EA's stock prices and shareholders.

EA is in the middle of learning the same lessons that Sony learned with PS3 and Microsoft with Xbox One's launch. Activision may be soon to follow. Gamers are what make these companies go. Gamers are the ones that buy the games and play them. When gamers are happy, profits happen. When they aren't? That's playing out right now for EA.

When game companies put shareholders and other markets above the gamers that actually buy and play the games, it's not been turning out well.
  • I truly hope this news about the cancelled game turns out false. I don't think it's officially confirmed, but it's coming from a highly reputable person at Kotaku.

The only way to spin this in a positive light for us is maybe EA has decided to shift more resources to this game or begun work on Star Wars Battlefront 3.
  • Well.... It is what it is. I mean really. If that game was online only and not "old republic " do you think it really would of sold a lot of copies.

As far as the fan film.... Well that just told them that a fan could do better than R. J. And they need to make that money back.

We grown ups call it life.
  • Maybe they’ll hand it off again. Maybe this time to BioWare after Anthem is done, because I love BioWare and I know they’d deliver.

I’m starting to think EA is just trolling at this point with their “other Star Wars games.” I think there’s a good reason they won’t show even the tiniest teaser. If they can’t jam 50 different micro transactions into a game they won’t put it on a shelf.

I’m sure we will at least get Fallen Order. I don’t think they’d back out of that one this far along.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • That was a great fan film, though it looks like Warner are behind the claim not Disney.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    That was a great fan film, though it looks like Warner are behind the claim not Disney.

It's the music, but more info and the guy who made it says he feels let down by lucasfilms if you watch rule of two.
  • After thinking about it some, this cancellation could also be part of EA turning itself around. As harsh as that sounds, remember this game was originally Amy Hennig's game that EA cancelled when they all the sudden decided gamers didn't want single player games.

So they closed Visceral Games and turned this project into an open world live service game which no doubt was going to be littered with micro-transactions. Was anyone truthfully looking forward to that?

Bioware's attitude leading up to Anthem's launch seems to track with this too. Bioware is bending over backwards to make sure they are fully transparent and in constant communications. So far the look is promising:
    1. They are doing regular live streams of the game and constantly answering fan questions.
    2. It looks like they are going for a T ESRB rating, choosing to focus on core gameplay over any sort of "mature" content.
    3. They are giving players a demo to play, early access end of January with an open demo Feb 1-3. The demo is supposed to have accelerated rank and such to give gamers a good look at progressions. It's also said to have all microtransaction plans in the demo to be seen in full.
    4. Microtransactions are cosmetics, and they have repeatedly said no stealth microtransactions turned on at launch.

Bioware and EA need this to go well so badly right now, and so far they have shown all the signs that the lessons have been learned.

The "greed" I see here is the greed of petulant fans who believe the companies that own the IP somehow "owe" them something... they don't owe you anything. If EA/Disney didn't like the way the game was developing and didn't see that it was a worthwhile investment, they are 100% correct to cancel the project and cut their losses... and the only people that are owed any explanation are the shareholders, not random fans.

Yep, your attitude to the "petulant fans", is the same as Disneys. How's that working out for them? How is Disneys Star Wars?

Tanking.

It will sink in soon to Disney, that it's the "petulant fans" they need to make money rather than the call out, social justice types just like yourself.

I love the Disney Star Wars movies. Now could you explain to me what this social justice type is?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »

Yep, your attitude to the "petulant fans", is the same as Disneys. How's that working out for them? How is Disneys Star Wars?

Tanking.

It will sink in soon to Disney, that it's the "petulant fans" they need to make money rather than the call out, social justice types just like yourself.

I love the Disney Star Wars movies. Now could you explain to me what this social justice type is?

Nothing wrong enjoying the Disney movies. I don't.

As to the social justice, go watch any of the YouTube shows that explain it well.

It's clear there's an agenda at Lucas film and gaming companies. Shesh even Bioware invited Anita Sarkessian to discuss Anthem.

Disney is finding after TLJ, Star Wars stock is tanking and them + lucasfilms are to blame.

Go woke go broke as they say...
  • rollind24
    5832 posts Member
    edited January 16
    rollind24 wrote: »

Tanking.

As to the social justice, go watch any of the YouTube shows that explain it well.

It's clear there's an agenda at Lucas film and gaming companies. Shesh even Bioware invited Anita Sarkessian to discuss Anthem.

Disney is finding after TLJ, Star Wars stock is tanking and them + lucasfilms are to blame.

I’d actually prefer you explain it or provide links since you brought it up. Don’t chicken out at this point
    #infantrylivesmatter

Tanking.

I’d actually prefer you explain it or provide links since you brought it up. Don’t chicken out at this point

You guys are going to get this thread locked going after each other on this tangent.

Tanking.

You guys are going to get this thread locked going after each other on this tangent.

I’m just trying to figure out the negative here
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    I truly hope this news about the cancelled game turns out false. I don't think it's officially confirmed, but it's coming from a highly reputable person at Kotaku.

The only way to spin this in a positive light for us is maybe EA has decided to shift more resources to this game or begun work on Star Wars Battlefront 3.

Would starting work on BF3 really be a positive at this point though? With the reactions this one had, sales may drop again
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Rook008
    838 posts Member
    edited January 16
    How is Disneys Star Wars?
    Tanking.
    Wait, what?
    At the domestic box office, the highest grossing movies of 2015, 2016, and 2017 were all Star Wars movies. (In 2018 it was Black Panther, also a Disney movie.) Solo finished in the top 10.
    I don't see that as "tanking" so I don't understand your comment.

• Rook008 wrote: »
    Tanking.
    Wait, what?
    At the domestic box office, the highest grossing movies of 2015, 2016, and 2017 were all Star Wars movies. (In 2018 it was Black Panther, also a Disney movie.) Solo finished in the top 10.

Go check Disneys financials showing how it's not making enough/loosing money since TLJ.

Once again plenty of news reported on it and it's straight from Disneys mouth.

Tanking.

Really? Nah, go look it up.

Sorry, but I can handle being called a chicken 😉.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I truly hope this news about the cancelled game turns out false. I don't think it's officially confirmed, but it's coming from a highly reputable person at Kotaku.

Would starting work on BF3 really be a positive at this point though? With the reactions this one had, sales may drop again

Well, if they start it now, my guess is it won't be out until next generation consoles have been out. That's likely 2021. It can still be a positive and well received if they do things like:
    • Conquest mode on all large maps
    • A good number of maps like the launch of this game.
    • Map philosophy like that of Geonosis: maps large enough for the new large scale mode with capital ship takedowns, a smaller version for GA, and even smaller cutouts used for the small game modes.
    • Server browser
    • Vehicles on the map like the old Battlefront games.
    • A new large game mode that blends space and land combat. Sort of like combining SA with Conquest. Players can fly between the battle in space and on the ground.
    • Have plenty of cosmetics ready at launch.

These in general are the things most gamers expected to see from a DICE Battlefront game, especially after playing the old Pandemic games.
  • I wouldn't call this upcoming conquest mode good news yet, it is also rumored it's either gonna have very few maps or even just one map.

As for the fan film (I don't care for fan films so feel free to disregard this) I've heard it was a music company that claimed it and this might be a misunderstanding but idk. It also isn't surprising Disney is known for having a tight grip on their IPs and stuff like this happens all the time.

The canceled game. At this point I'm used to it, Star Wars games haven't really been in a good place since 2005.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Tanking.

Really? Nah, go look it up.

Sorry, but I can handle being called a chicken 😉.

Look what up? Point me in the right direction and I’d be glad to
    #infantrylivesmatter
    Tanking.
    Wait, what?

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-marvel-sales-drop-disney
  • rollind24
    5832 posts Member
    edited January 16
    ....Ok
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • quenaelin
    1008 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Doesn't bother me so much, because I haven't been optimistic about Star Wars since Lucas created prequels, they were such disappointment. Too bad open world Star Wars game was cancelled, I am waiting Fallen Order then, but don't know how good or appealing it would be. Anyway, I am going to play SWBF2017, game is still going well and new content is slowly coming, I hope for Galactic Conquest and Hero AI someday.
  • I will only comment about the cancelled game (about the new gamemode I'll wait until I see the information and I have nothing to say about the fan film that hasn't been said). That game was doomed for a long time. Look for the article where they talk about how troubled that game was from the start and you'll see how expecting something out of it was setting yourself up for disappointment. They tried to salvage it after changing directions a few times and they just failed.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
    ....Ok

Not just about print eh 😉.
  • Star Wars fans problem will never be solved. 4 generation of fans over 3 generations of movies. Hell one generation didn't even have any movies just books, comics and, games. All these fans think Star Wars in a different way and sense the vocal minority are trying to stir up the rest of the fan because Disney changed "their Star Wars" you are always going to get this OT vs PT vs ST nonsense.
  • They wanted a ultimate team type star wars game, that's why the single player story focused game was shut down in favour of garbage open world game
  • IronSoldier
    3719 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    This isn't the place for SJW discussion. I've also moved this to off topic as overall it's more general news rather than directly related to Battlefront II.
  • This isn't the place for SJW discussion. I've also moved this to off topic as overall it's more general news rather than directly related to Battlefront II.

Thanks for not closing the thread, I appreciate it.

Every single decision that EA has made has lower their sales, stock price and confident from the fans. This is not entitlement or the idea that they "owe us something" this are simple facts. You are right.. they owe an explanation to their shareholders, which are at this point pretty angry.

As for the fans, the comparison with the previous administration regarding Star Wars video games (LucasArts) is inevitable, the level of products, quality and genres has dropped more than 100% under EA... a comparison that every single oldschool fan with something of a brain can see a mile away. I'm sorry if you can't see it, but as sour as this is I'm really not in the mood to explain it to you any further. The information, track record and support from fans and shareholders alike is out there for both EA and LucasArts. You do the math if you can.

A good day to you fellow fan.
  • I truly hope this news about the cancelled game turns out false. I don't think it's officially confirmed, but it's coming from a highly reputable person at Kotaku.

Battlefront 3 would be dead on arrival... after the microtransactions controversy, the infamous "pride and accomplishment" statement, and the CFO "people don't play single player" quote. I don't think anyone will ever buy another battlefront game from EA. Me personally, the only thing I can say is that I've already payed full price for half games with incomplete content and empty promises. BF2 is my last Battlefront unless another commpany is making it.

Tanking.

Don't need to fight with this guy, he clearly don't know the fan-business relation that Star Wars started back in 77. Probably a kid from the sequell trilogy era, hardly an informed or or long time fan (which is fine). He'll come around in a couple of years or jump into another trend... trnasformers maybe? I don't know... what's "cool" now days?
  • After thinking about it some, this cancellation could also be part of EA turning itself around. As harsh as that sounds, remember this game was originally Amy Hennig's game that EA cancelled when they all the sudden decided gamers didn't want single player games.

So they closed Visceral Games and turned this project into an open world live service game which no doubt was going to be littered with micro-transactions. Was anyone truthfully looking forward to that?

Bioware's attitude leading up to Anthem's launch seems to track with this too. Bioware is bending over backwards to make sure they are fully transparent and in constant communications. So far the look is promising:
    1. They are doing regular live streams of the game and constantly answering fan questions.
    2. It looks like they are going for a T ESRB rating, choosing to focus on core gameplay over any sort of "mature" content.
    3. They are giving players a demo to play, early access end of January with an open demo Feb 1-3. The demo is supposed to have accelerated rank and such to give gamers a good look at progressions. It's also said to have all microtransaction plans in the demo to be seen in full.
    4. Microtransactions are cosmetics, and they have repeatedly said no stealth microtransactions turned on at launch.

Bioware and EA need this to go well so badly right now, and so far they have shown all the signs that the lessons have been learned.

This is a very good analisis! I hope you are right. It sound plausible.
  • Foxdie491 wrote: »

Tanking.

Don't need to fight with this guy, he clearly don't know the fan-business relation that Star Wars started back in 77. Probably a kid from the sequell trilogy era, hardly an informed or or long time fan (which is fine). He'll come around in a couple of years or jump into another trend... trnasformers maybe? I don't know... what's "cool" now days?

LOL XD Where do people get the nerve to post ***** like this?
  • You kids get off my lawn!!!

Tanking.

I’m just trying to figure out the negative here

You seems to be legitimately asking, so I'm gonna try to sum up the problem with Disney Star Wars and the agenda behind in the most respectfull way possible, risking the thread as a whole. So if you have any reply, feel free to contact me through PM, just to be safe.

Star Wars has always been a political beast however it is important to understand it is an atemporal story (existing or considered without relation to time). This is obvious, Star Wars have futuristic technology but a very old an antiquade socio-political system. A mix between future and past.

The original trilogy had an analogy to ***** Germany in the form of the Empire, mixed with feudal Japan and the social structure of the middle ages.

The prequel were a loose representation of the fall of the Roman empire and draw insperiation from the Roman society (senate, councils, and state of emergency for a designated ruler).

The logic next step for the Sequel Trilogy (Disney Trilogy) would have been the renaissance as an inspiration for the social structure. However this was not the case (either Kathleen Kennedy did not understanded this aspect about Star Wars or she choose not to).

The approach for the Sequel trilogy, specially TLJ was modern politics (you have messages about inclusion, gender politics, identity politics, animal miss treatment and even veganism), the over all problem with this is that it breaks the atemporal nature of Star Wars, putting to close to our current problems and breaking the immersion and illusion. Also it is destined to be divisive, as not everyone is supportive of this politics since they are currently being debated in real life. Whether this politics are right or wrong is irrelevant... as a black, latino myself, I support some of them, and hate some of them (most of them actually, since I think that everysingle think the radical left is doing race and gender wise is a step backlward, but that's for another conversation)... and there's where the problem lies:

We KNOW by now that the ***** were the bad guys... we KNOW by now the middle ages were mostly opressive and dark... we KNOW already that the Roman republic basically became a dictadorship. However we don't really know if the liberal, progressive path is the right path for western civilization, is an ongoing debate, so it is bound to offend and anger a part of the population when combined with Star Wars in such a forcefull and unadulterated way.

Kennedy sacrificed the artistic purity, chronological historic analogy and primordial nature of Star Wars to sell an specific socio-political ideology. Again, whether or not this ideology is in the right is irrelenat, the point is that it doesn't belong in Star Wars.

Take this simple example that show how this kind of ideology doesn't work in Star Wars: In the OT the Empire consisted in white, elderly male to reinforce the analogy with ***** Germay, while the rebellion was a more diverse group ethnicly and when it comes to gender. The first order (which is supously an homage to the Empire both conceptualy and lore wise) have black, female teenagers among their ranks... BLACK FEMALE TEENAGERS... I mean Disney is so far down the rabbit hole with the agenda they are trying to seel that they won't even let the bad guys be bad. This contradic the pre-existing mythos, alienate the audience and like I said breaks the immersion.

And there you have it, I hope this clear out what @Solomacedaddy was refering to. And please now that I give you this thesis (which is my own so you won't find it in any video or article out there) about the problem itself, and why TLJ broke the fandom in half, without any i'll will towards you and without trying to start a political debate... this is just about the artistic concecuenses of Disney, and specially Kathleen Kennedy's decisions.

A good day to you fellow fan, and sorry for my bad English.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »

Tanking.

LOL XD Where do people get the nerve to post **** like this?

Born and raised in Venezuela friend. Nevers is the only thing we have left. Glad I got a laugh out of you.
    Tanking.
    Wait, what?

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-marvel-sales-drop-disney

Thanks for the link. It ended up being informative because of the link it contained to the Disney Financial report, but it's wrong in a few places.
    The "article" keeps citing the "Consumer Products and Interactive Media" division when talking about the movies. That division doesn't handle the movies. The "Studio Entertainment" division does. Also, from 2016 to 2018, the "Studio Entertainment" division never had less than $2.3 Billion in Operating Income. The numbers did dip in fiscal 2017 (Rogue One didn't do as well as The Force Awakens), but rebounded in fiscal 2018. They didn't lose money on movies from 2016 to 2018.
    They're literally making Billions in profits year after year. I wouldn't consider that "tanking" in any way.

Anyway, I'm going to read more of that report, it's got some interesting stuff in there.

Tanking.

It is working out just fine for both Disney and EA as they are both making money hand over fist.

As for your second assertion that I am a "social justice types just like yourself"... HAHAHAHAHA... oh my, I have been called many things in life, but never have I been accused of being a "social justice type"... I am honored!
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited January 16

Every single decision that EA has made has lower their sales, stock price and confident from the fans. This is not entitlement or the idea that they "owe us something" this are simple facts. You are right.. they owe an explanation to their shareholders, which are at this point pretty angry.

As for the fans, the comparison with the previous administration regarding Star Wars video games (LucasArts) is inevitable, the level of products, quality and genres has dropped more than 100% under EA... a comparison that every single oldschool fan with something of a brain can see a mile away. I'm sorry if you can't see it, but as sour as this is I'm really not in the mood to explain it to you any further. The information, track record and support from fans and shareholders alike is out there for both EA and LucasArts. You do the math if you can.

ROFL... the shareholders are not angry or demanding answers that EA cancelled some likely low revenue Star Wars open world game... EA makes the vast majority of their profits off of their sports titles and MTX (Fifa and Madden).

Secondly asserting that LucasArts products were somehow 100% better than whatever EA has put out is absurd... LucasArts is responsible for some of the worst games ever made, and only a few of their products were ever decent... you seem to be looking back through some serious rose colored glasses.

Tanking.

Try again, the first Star Wars PC game I played was Dark Forces.

Secondly, what "fan-business relation" did Star Wars start back in 77... the one where Harrison Ford hates the fans and the series, or the one where Alec Guinness hates the fans and the series? Or the one where the creator ignores what the fans want in favor of his terrible prequels? Or the one where the creator goes back and edits the originals to fit his social justice impulses despite what the fans want? Or the one where the creator sold his already heavily monetized IP to Disney so they could monetize it even further? Or the one where Disney then cranked out even more poorly thought out films for the sake of printing their own $$$? Ya, what an amazing "fan-business relation" Star Wars started lol.

ROFL... the shareholders are not angry or demanding answers that EA cancelled some likely low revenue Star Wars open world game... EA makes the vast majority of their profits off of their sports titles and MTX (Fifa and Madden).

Secondly asserting that LucasArts products were somehow 100% better than whatever EA has put out is absurd... LucasArts is responsible for some of the worst games ever made, and only a few of their products were ever decent... you seem to be looking back through some serious rose colored glasses.

Tanking.

Secondly, what "fan-business relation" did Star Wars start back in 77... the one where Harrison Ford hates the fans and the series, or the one where Alec Guinness hates the fans and the series? Or the one where the creator ignores what the fans want in favor of his terrible prequels? Or the one where the creator goes back and edits the originals to fit his social justice impulses despite what the fans want? Or the one where the creator sold his already heavily monetized IP to Disney so they could monetize it even further? Or the one where Disney then cranked out even more poorly thought out films for the sake of printing their own $$$? Ya, what an amazing "fan-business relation" Star Wars started lol.

You, my good sir, are brilliant.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Tanking.

ROFL?... are you barking or something? anyhow... the stock price of EA have fall after the launch of Battlefron 2015, again after the launch of Battlefront 2 and again after the closing of Viceral... that's the shareholders angry my frined, they just sell cheap when the company make something stupid (with EA tend to be on a daily basis). It is safe to assume that by the end of this fiscal year we will see another pluming on the price. Which you can tide directly to this decision.

AS for the fan-business relation, you are cherry picking, and missinterpreting. Let's see:

As of 1980 George lucas give creative freedom to Marvel to do Star Wars comics... as of 82 LucasArts open it's doors, again, with 100% creative freedom inside the franchise, in the following years the Lucas gave creative freedom to writters to make novels about Star Wars subsecuently he form a group inside LucasFilm to overlook content and decide which was cannon an which wasn't.

In 97 George released the special editions and even as they got poor reception from older fans, they also introduced new fans to the franchise.

The prequell case works against you, since Lucas was very receptive to fan critism and feddback, removing Jar Jar form I to II and doing less romance and more action from II to III, by request of the fans. During the late 90s and the early 2000s Lucas will also encourage fan fictin and fan film, having contest for both in the official webside, and almost every star wars game was open for modding.

So you see, basically you don't know what you are talking about under Lucas the fandom was an active part of the franchise and both free and payed content creators.

This is the oposite of Disney Mentality, now no comic, novel or videogame author has any kind of creative freedom, the process was reverse, while before it was a review process to establish cannon, now there's an imposing process where a very small group of Kennedy's lap dogs decide what's gonna be writen, drawn and programed, and fan fiction in film, and videogames is attacked with copyright claims or just shout down. Under Disney is a dark time to be a Star Wars fan... even if you won't see it.
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    Star Wars more for the fans under George than Disney.

George actually cared, or pretended to, and got paid for it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• so the problem is that Disney is getting too possessive of star wars
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Fan film was enjoyable, but to use the imperial march theme in the current climate of copyright claims was an oversight at best, dumb at worst. Omitting that wouldn't have made a difference to my enjoyment of it - which is to his credit.

The guy seems to have learned the lesson and has said that if he does do a second instalment then he won't use any copyrighted music.

I couldn't get excited from what I saw of the cancelled game. Yeah it's sucks that it has been cancelled, but forget about it. Spilt milk and all.
  • Foxdie491
    1473 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Well guys this is why it is important for the fandom to keep vigilant about the way the franchise is treated... just today Lucasfilm steped up and made Warner to remove the claim over the fan film, due to exposure and social media complains. To the ones saying that we are "entitle" for complaining about this kind of things this nothing short of a very well deserve slap in the face...

The fandom speaks volumes and has a direct impact in the revenue of film, games and additional materila, and Disney is begining to be more receptive about it. A small victory for the fans that actually care about the franchise and see it as more than just a mean to be entertained.

So KUDOS to Lucasfilm on this! Credit where is due...

tenor.gif
  • Now we just have to wait for EA to follow the same example... mmm I'm gonna sit for that one.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!