criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Out of words, Good news for Battlefront, bad news for everything else...

2Next

Replies

• Rook008 wrote: »
    They're literally making Billions in profits year after year. I wouldn't consider that "tanking" in any way.

:/

Yeah... that's tanking... as George Lucas said once "I didn't got rich making movies, I got rich selling toys" so merchandise has allways being the big money maker for Star Wars, so you can trace the economic success of the franshice by this alone. Here in Mexico you don't even see this, Star Wars is just out of the stores all together. And this is coming from the guy that had his wife running through corridors to find that black series figure of Rey after TFA.

I appreciate people being optimistic for the future of the franchise, I try to be that myself, but you can't cover the sun with a finger, the current situation is bad... Holiday Special kind of bad.
  • Foxdie491 wrote: »
    Rook008 wrote: »
    They're literally making Billions in profits year after year. I wouldn't consider that "tanking" in any way.

:/

Yeah... that's tanking... as George Lucas said once "I didn't got rich making movies, I got rich selling toys" so merchandise has allways being the big money maker for Star Wars, so you can trace the economic success of the franshice by this alone. Here in Mexico you don't even see this, Star Wars is just out of the stores all together. And this is coming from the guy that had his wife running through corridors to find that black series figure of Rey after TFA.

I appreciate people being optimistic for the future of the franchise, I try to be that myself, but you can't cover the sun with a finger, the current situation is bad... Holiday Special kind of bad.

Lol. Youtube is not a good source of information on anything SW. The franchise is making way more money than it did before the buyout. It's making more money than when the PT came out. The hype behind TFA was larger than life so it's fairly clear that it that's the peak of what the sales will be for quite a wile. It made them over 4 billion dollars on movies alone. It's not bombing. It's not tanking. Don't listen to nutjob Youtubers.
  • Alright, first things first, Star Wars has almost never catered to the fans. The only fans who ever get what they want are the fans of Ahsoka. They don't want her to die, so she doesn't. People act like TLJ was some big thing that everybody hated. It wasn't and isn't. It was a huge box office success. Solo wasn't, but there were other reasons for that. Only a certain group of people dislike TLJ. I for one enjoy it. But that is not important. Disney hasn't ruined the franchise. They are the ones keeping it alive today. Lucas wasn't going to bring it back, else he would have done that ages ago.
    On the topic of video games. From what I have heard, visceral's Star Wars game was jinxed from the get go. You can't blame EA for the bad planning of one of their affiliated companies. We are still getting Fallen Order. That is a win. To me, this proves that Star Wars is not yet ready for an open world environment game. Just be patient with that. We'll get one.

Voice of reason.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 18
    This got off the rails in a wicked way - I've removed the recent string of posts due to where it went but I'm also closing this now.
This discussion has been closed.