criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Triple XP Event - Starfighters

Prev134
EA_Tom
262 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 16
764yms03k1zk.png

TRIPLE XP EVENT: STARFIGHTERS
Start Time: Jan 18th - 1:01 am UTC
End Time: Jan 21th - 7:00 am UTC

Take the battle into space as we finish up a month of triple experience in Starfighter Assault and Hero Starfighters.

hacnd9nv6753.png
Post edited by EA_Tom on

Replies

  • Yes! Finally😆
  • I just need to finish off the 3 falcons. There each at level 29.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    I just need to finish off the 3 falcons. There each at level 29.

    I wish I had even one of my hero ships at lvl 29 😂

    I have been alternating between modes in my limited time, so I only have one ship a level 29, all the rest are under as well. I aim for "Epic" on my heroes/hero ships first, so I can play whoever as is most appropriate, given the circumstances. Capping them will just come with normal gameplay, so it doesn't feel like a grind ;) Hopefully going to get Iden and Vader to Epic this weekend, it's all butter after that.
  • i NEED this
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Can't wait, thanks!

    For the USA west coasters out there, that's 4:00 p.m. on Thursday to 10:00 p.m. on Sunday.

    Thanks for posting that :)
    West coast looking forward to it.
    Had the game since launch, really haven't focused on hero ships much, pumped.
  • Considering I don’t play the starfighter modes at all, I think I will just hop in to a game of SA and enjoy playing each map.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • I'll be getting every single ship to level 25! Been waiting for this for so long as hero ship levels can be a real grind!
  • What is max level for basic ships and Hero ships?
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    What is max level for basic ships and Hero ships?

    40
  • jonci
    797 posts Member
    See you all in SA lol, gonna do some finishing in hero mode, no waiting for ships there, group of us gonna play and swap over to allow even grind.
    Good luck an have fun.
  • SVEJ
    1066 posts Member
    WHERE IS THE TEAM SHUFFLE?

    Played with the same players on my team for 5 straight GA matches, even if i press shuffle teams it is the same like what is going on. SPLIT up the parties and put them in games where other parties are playing. this is just so annoying dude
  • Is this supposed to be live now? No mention of it on the BF2 home page and when I tried a game it seemed to be standard xp?
  • I'm definitely gonna grind SA this weekend and I'm REALLY hoping people play Hero Starfighters this weekend..
  • jonci
    797 posts Member
    Chico wrote: »
    Is this supposed to be live now? No mention of it on the BF2 home page and when I tried a game it seemed to be standard xp?

    As its only the 17th then that would be a no, it says the times at the top of the page, or here is a cut n paste for you.

    Start Time: Jan 18th - 1:01 am UTC
    End Time: Jan 21th - 7:00 am UTC

  • Should be up from Europe Friday at 02:00 in the morning.
    Meaning you could easily play from Friday 08:00 EU Morning.

    JBS will try to queue some Herostarship showdowns to get them up.
  • I just need to finish off the 3 falcons. There each at level 29.

    I'm with you, but I've got mine at Lando 34, Han 30, Rey 23 (because it's the worst hero ship out there)
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    WHERE IS THE TEAM SHUFFLE?

    Played with the same players on my team for 5 straight GA matches, even if i press shuffle teams it is the same like what is going on. SPLIT up the parties and put them in games where other parties are playing. this is just so annoying dude

    This is just a theory........I feel like all the complaining about the matchmaking has caused Dice to attempt to try and fix the problem server side rather than with a game update. All game modes seem to rebalance the teams after about 5-6 games played. I'm not sure about GA because I don't play it that much, but the rest of the game modes seem to be that way now. It use to be ever 3rd game, which I thought was awful because you could easily tell that you were stacked in a team full of noob and going to lose within the first few minutes of the games starting.

    The problem is that they need to balance people on a moving average ranking system that bases your rank on how well you have scored in the last several games for that particular game mode. Right now it feels like there are implementing a "balancing" system that allows you to win 5-6 game modes and then you are FORCED to lose the next 5-6 game modes because your team is stacked full of new players that have no idea what they are doing.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Chico wrote: »
    Is this supposed to be live now? No mention of it on the BF2 home page and when I tried a game it seemed to be standard xp?

    As its only the 17th then that would be a no, it says the times at the top of the page, or here is a cut n paste for you.

    Start Time: Jan 18th - 1:01 am UTC
    End Time: Jan 21th - 7:00 am UTC

    Ah, I was looking at the comment from grimmace2 earlier saying it was from Thursday, teach me to read the post properly 😊
  • Billkwando
    1118 posts Member
    edited January 17
    I'm definitely stoked about this. Leveling hero ships is such a grind. The only 40 hero ship I have is Boba, and that's only because Boba.

    SA was my favorite mode, and basically the only mode I played for months, until playing the same maps/objectives over and over again got stale, and I switched to HvV. Even now, whenever I do hop into SA, it's still awesome.

    Hopefully there's good news for SA on the horizon. We need content. Badly.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

    Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • @Billkwando........actually there was bad news from Dennis recently via his twitter account. He said that they have no plans in the near future of adding more content to starfighter assault or Hero Ships game modes. There is an ever so small chance that there maybe something at the end of this year or next year if the game lasts that long and people still play those game modes then, but with the way things have been going with Dennis' "Maybe Future Additions" we probably won't see anything.

    I completely agree with you in Starfighter assault was my favorite too back in the beginning, but with no new content after the TLJ season it has gotten overly repetitive. I think that motive made SFA much better than Dice made GA. SFA has way less bugs and much better balancing too. The only issue presently is that the A-wings need to be toned down in damage capabilities and the tie interceptor needs a buff. Otherwise everything else is amazing. As for anyone that complains about the problem spinning in circles too much.....they haven't played the game mode that long or gotten that experienced with the different fighters, star cards, and tactics to understand how to play the game mode.

    I love the game mode because it has made me an AMAZING pilot that can easily rock most other pilots in GA.


    @Billkwando.....also for the event weekend here are some things you want to keep in mind. The amount of experience you are going to get from triple XP weekend is going to be great, but it won't get you anywhere near leveling up all of your hero ships. I have played months(3-4) of regular game play and 4 straight weekends of Double XP to get all, BUT my 3 Falcons to lvl 40. I'll be giving rough numbers to just to prove my point here:
    • This means for example if I got 200,000XP for each double xp weekend and I played a total of 24 hours(12h each day) each weekend, I needed 800,000 xp & 96hours of gameplay to get me roughly six total ships to lvl 40. Because I got 6-7 of my ships to lvl 40 after 4 double xp weekends. There are 12 ships total, so that leaves 5-6 ships left to still level up. Which is where the 3-4 months of eregular game play comes in to get me 2-3 more of those ships to lvl 40.
    • Now there is triple xp so assume I can get 300,000xp for the same 24hours. This means you have to play nonstop 72 hours straight to get 900,000XP. This means playing without sleeping Friday, Saturday, sunday to get enough to level up little over six ships to lvl 40.

    Basically you are going to want to pick which hero & villian ships you are going to want to lvl first because you won't get all of them. You might get close to half of them depending on where you are presently with all of them.
    1. Falcon Ships all suck majorly in both game modes until you get them about 3 green star cards. Falcon's still really suck in SFA even with maxed out star cards. They are just too big a target and it's too easy to get behind them and stay behind them without being touched. Rey's can kind of help on D'Qar in SFA, but that is about it.
    2. Rey's is the worst ship out of all the hero ships and the worst Falcon ship because she is just a bullet sponge with low speed, and low damage output and no boost. Even with star cards to get her damage up or boosts for her health regen in different ways.....she still sucks.
    3. The only tactic you can use Rey for in hero Ships is to be a bullet sponge distraction so that your teammates can shoot the villain ships. I've tried everything and that is the only thing her ship can do in that game mode it's so frustrating.
    4. Rey's ship actually gains more xp from SFA, than hero fighter because she can't really kill anyone in the latter.
    5. Lando's Falcon is the best. If you want to upgrade a Falcon work on Lando's first, then Han's. It's easier to get those two up faster than Rey's.
    6. Iden's ship can be pretty difficult to upgrade especially in open maps....use her ship on debris filled maps or work to get her ship done before the other villain ships because they are much easier.
    7. Hero ships get more xp for doing specific things over other things and they get more xp for doing them compared to other ships doing the same thing.....be aware of this!
    8. You might want to work on only the Falcon's with triple xp weekend because like i said most of them suck and it's hard to get xp with them. Other ships get lots of xp for specific things(one example is that POE gets a lot of XP compared to others for blowing up turrets) and I still can't seem to find which tasks give them a lot of xp. I think motive assumed you would be killing a lot of people with the falcon, so you wouldn't need boosted xp objectives......boy were they wrong.
    9. All the other ships are easy.


    Once I get Rey's ship to max I will never use it again!
  • Hell ya finally some Star Fighter love!
    0lt4p8wtdjgu.jpg
  • As for anyone that complains about the problem spinning in circles too much.....they haven't played the game mode that long or gotten that experienced with the different fighters, star cards, and tactics to understand how to play the game mode.

    I love the game mode because it has made me an AMAZING pilot that can easily rock most other pilots in GA.

    Yeah, people that complain about circling...it's like, "Have you never played a flying game before??". They call large air battles "furballs" for a reason. And yes, there is some technique involved in getting out of the loop infinity, and if this game was made right, some squad help too. It's way too hard to find your team.


    My Ships:

    Boba 40
    Kylo 13
    Han 15
    Rey 15
    Lando 4
    Maul 25
    Vader 18
    Luke 18
    Poe 28
    Yoda 17
    Tallie 18
    Iden 14

    I'll probably just go for purple cards for as many ships as I can get, before I even think about maxing them out.

    Also, doesn't it seem oddly coincidental that they gave us a triple XP weekend for starfighters the same weekend Ace Combat 7 comes out? Hmmmmmmm.... :p
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

    Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • grimmace2
    837 posts Member
    edited January 17
    Billkwando wrote: »
    As for anyone that complains about the problem spinning in circles too much.....they haven't played the game mode that long or gotten that experienced with the different fighters, star cards, and tactics to understand how to play the game mode.

    I love the game mode because it has made me an AMAZING pilot that can easily rock most other pilots in GA.

    I'll probably just go for purple cards for as many ships as I can get, before I even think about maxing them out.

    That's my plan as well, Iden (22), Vader (20), Luke (23), Falcons (17 [Han] / 13 [Rey] / 5 [Lando]) is what I have left. Get them to purples. Realistically, focus on the first three because that should be attainable this weekend. If the wife's to do list isn't too long ;)
  • All the ships I care to level are already 25 or better. Only Landos and Reys falcon left. I really enjoy HSF mode. I would love to see more content, as to me, this is what Star Wars is all about. Epic space battles.

    Great shot kid!
  • Event starting in less than two hours if I'm not mistaken, get your figthers ready to take off.

    tumblr_p5h73boFCK1v05izqo1_640.gif
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • I may have to play starfighter assault for the first time in a year or so. I'm a terrible pilot and stopped doing the challenges long time ago, but I'm pretty close on some milestones. I couldnt even tell you what my levels are, but they are mostly from opening crates not actually playing.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    I may have to play starfighter assault for the first time in a year or so. I'm a terrible pilot and stopped doing the challenges long time ago, but I'm pretty close on some milestones. I couldnt even tell you what my levels are, but they are mostly from opening crates not actually playing.

    @holstar1993

    Let me make some suggestions and share some observations I think might be helpful, in no particular order:
    • The meter on the left side is your throttle. Notice it remembers where you left it, so you do not have to hold forward all the time to fly fast.
    • Turrets are worth a lot of points, and the ones in Hero Starfighters don't shoot back.
    • On LS hit the astromech heal button earlier than you think you need to. LOL
    • Bomber + Ion Cannon is your friend (Plus Bomber Weapon Systems card). I also like Advanced Capacitors and Tuned Lasers.
    • The real people (players) have red dots over them. If you kill someone with a name like Thrak Gorshun (rather than, say, "l33d00d69lol420"), that was a light side bot.
    • Bots also dodge like mad for a sec, then suddenly flatten out and fly away in a straight line. People don't.
    • Speeding up and slowing down helps with shaking a tail.
    • If your ship has an orange outline on DS, Tallie is probably buffing your health. Wave if you see her, she doesn't have much time left.
    • Yoda's cockpit camera is hilarious. What were they thinking?
    • I don't use cockpit view in this game, but I do in every other.
    • Heroes do a lot of damage to objectives. Good for points. Try not to crash into them (easier said than done)
    • Roll to turn. Pitching your nose up turns faster than nose down. Yaw will come naturally.
    • Sometimes rolling is all you need to get someone targeted perfectly. Never manhandle the controls if you can do the same thing with a roll.
    • In options, Advanced Flight: Yes - Disable Roll: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    • I play with the Legacy layout. This makes your left stick throttle and yaw, and your right stick pitch and roll. I'm used to playing with a HOTAS flight stick, so this feels most natural. Also, you look up and down with the right stick
      in GA, so it makes sense that way too. ;)
    • Starfighter Response Curve does nothing, last I checked:


    (Me rambling early on after getting the game)


    I hope some of these tips are helpful! I'm sure I had more but of course they fell out of my head. :)




    These are some really great tips! You had me legit LOL with the "Wave if you see her, she doesn't have much time left," comment. Thanks for brightening up my afternoon!
  • @willywonka7 I believe it was Criterion that made SA and Motive did the work on the campaign. Not sure how much DICE contributed to creating SA.
    Either way it is a shame the second largest and most balanced mode has no new content forthcoming. No new maps, no B-wings, no TIE Defenders or even Obi Wan's Delta 7. Can't port FS maps, DS & Scarif, from SWBF 15 or the campaign maps but DICE has the resources to make emote wheels and create modes that are not available.
    Hopefully this event will breath some new life into SA and HvV SA.
    Happy hunting.

    Fondor is a campaign map. Still, I get your point.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • OcDoc
    588 posts Member
    I can’t tell if I am getting 3XP. The scores are the only clue.

    Anybody more familiar with SA know if it is live?
  • Trying to get in to Hero SA right now. XBone, Oregon server. Waiting in a lobby w/three others. Best I've found in 15 mins. This is sad. I'll let you know if it's live if I ever get in a match.
  • So far in match, it doesn't look like its live. have to wait for end of round. Of course two people dropped right away. Grrrr.
  • OcDoc
    588 posts Member
    Top scores are in the 30,000 territory. Normal or extra XP?

    Sorry you are having trouble finding a match. No problems on my end.
  • OcDoc
    588 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »
    Top scores are in the 30,000 territory. Normal or extra XP?

    Sorry you are having trouble finding a match. No problems on my end.

    Correction. Was a short game. More like 45,000 points.

    Seems like a lot so thinking it’s working.

  • 16K for 7 hero kills. No announcement that its live on the end of round screen.
  • Highest score I've seen is 31K. I've seen that in regular Hero SA. Not live for me yet.
  • It is working on Starfighter Assault, but not Hero Starfighters.
  • People are sticking around now, so that's nice.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    I may have to play starfighter assault for the first time in a year or so. I'm a terrible pilot and stopped doing the challenges long time ago, but I'm pretty close on some milestones. I couldnt even tell you what my levels are, but they are mostly from opening crates not actually playing.

    @holstar1993

    Let me make some suggestions and share some observations I think might be helpful, in no particular order:
    • The meter on the left side is your throttle. Notice it remembers where you left it, so you do not have to hold forward all the time to fly fast.
    • Turrets are worth a lot of points, and the ones in Hero Starfighters don't shoot back.
    • On LS hit the astromech heal button earlier than you think you need to. LOL
    • Bomber + Ion Cannon is your friend (Plus Bomber Weapon Systems card). I also like Advanced Capacitors and Tuned Lasers.
    • The real people (players) have red dots over them. If you kill someone with a name like Thrak Gorshun (rather than, say, "l33d00d69lol420"), that was a light side bot.
    • Bots also dodge like mad for a sec, then suddenly flatten out and fly away in a straight line. People don't.
    • Speeding up and slowing down helps with shaking a tail.
    • If your ship has an orange outline on LS, Tallie is probably buffing your health. Wave if you see her, she doesn't have much time left.
    • Yoda's cockpit camera is hilarious. What were they thinking?
    • I don't use cockpit view in this game, but I do in every other.
    • Heroes do a lot of damage to objectives. Good for points. Try not to crash into them (easier said than done)
    • Roll to turn. Pitching your nose up turns faster than nose down. Yaw will come naturally.
    • Sometimes rolling is all you need to get someone targeted perfectly. Never manhandle the controls if you can do the same thing with a roll.
    • In options, Advanced Flight: Yes - Disable Roll: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    • I play with the Legacy layout. This makes your left stick throttle and yaw, and your right stick pitch and roll. I'm used to playing with a HOTAS flight stick, so this feels most natural. Also, you look up and down with the right stick
      in GA, so it makes sense that way too. ;)
    • Starfighter Response Curve does nothing, last I checked:


    (Me rambling early on after getting the game)


    I hope some of these tips are helpful! I'm sure I had more but of course they fell out of my head. :)




    Thanks alot for taking the time to write this up. I'll reference it this weekend. For all the negativity people complain about in these forums, people are not hesitant to help other players and that's really cool.
  • It should be HU rules for SA during this event. Seeing "max number in play" when I have 10k bp is disappointing.
  • Aside from not seeing a “Triple XP” notification at EoR (seriously devs?), I swear I’m not receiving triple xp at all for any of my Hero ships.

    I know for a fact we are not getting it in Hero Starfighters (I’ve played that so much that I know what I earn for what I kill). In SA, it sure doesn’t seem right, either.

    I remember back when we had a double XP event, and how quickly the leveling was. So, NO, we are not getting triple XP for Hero ships.

    I don’t know if it’s working for regular Starfighters because I’ve had them all maxed for over half a year, at least.

    Anyone else experiencing the same?
  • It is working in both modes now. PS4
  • Not currently working on Xbox One! 🙁
  • I can confirm that (at least on Xbox One), triple XP is not being applied to Hero Starfighters in either mode.

    Can anyone verify my findings? Remember, I am only addressing Hero Starfighters in both modes.
  • Well it seems regular starfighters are getting the boosted exp in Hero Starfighters, but not the hero ships....

    Typical
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!