criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Maps - Are You Making Any?

Replies

• Bump!
  • Don’t want to necropost, but I wanted to share a thread in which we proposed many and easy maps for blast and even got a dev response
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/94020/blast-map-suggestions#latest
    They said they would look into it once they are not so busy anymore. That was in May last year...
  • skincarver wrote: »
    Don’t want to necropost, but I wanted to share a thread in which we proposed many and easy maps for blast and even got a dev response
    They said they would look into it once they are not so busy anymore. That was in May last year...

Lot of Blast maps that can be used for HVV as well. No reason we can’t have multiple Endor or Hoth maps for one mode
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
    Don’t want to necropost, but I wanted to share a thread in which we proposed many and easy maps for blast and even got a dev response

Lot of Blast maps that can be used for HVV as well. No reason we can’t have multiple Endor or Hoth maps for one mode

Preach!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Word. Still relevant

Why have more maps when we can have more gooder clone skins.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    skincarver wrote: »

Only the goodest from EA!
    skincarver wrote: »

Because character designers and maps designers aren't related? And maps designer have been working on ship interiors, and now most likely in adapting maps for the new mode.
  • Coruscant Guard armor but no Coruscant? Would have liked to seen the feedback on the SWBF 15 forums if they released Bespin skins without Bespin or Shore troopers skins without Scarif or Death Star trooper skins without the DS. I like skins and have been asking for them but the preference is maps as maps have replay value for many of us, skins, not so much. Where are the mp maps for Coruscant, Jedah, Mustafar, Sullust, Scairf, Vardos, Pillio?
    This game needs new and or ported maps and would be good to get a response from a dev.
    Anyone post this on reddit yet??

You are wise.
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    3092 posts Member
    edited February 21
    Coruscant Guard armor but no Coruscant? Would have liked to seen the feedback on the SWBF 15 forums if they released Bespin skins without Bespin or Shore troopers skins without Scarif or Death Star trooper skins without the DS. I like skins and have been asking for them but the preference is maps as maps have replay value for many of us, skins, not so much. Where are the mp maps for Coruscant, Jedah, Mustafar, Sullust, Scairf, Vardos, Pillio?
    This game needs new and or ported maps and would be good to get a response from a dev.

Response from a dev? Good luck. You need to post a picture of a doodle your 5-year old did to get a response from them.

That's not really fair and as a Dad I can relate to the emotion that doodle had to her Dad. Priceless.

Now if you want to talk about a dev response on the SW Mario Kart thread then I'm game.
    #StarWars-y
  • Coruscant Guard armor but no Coruscant? Would have liked to seen the feedback on the SWBF 15 forums if they released Bespin skins without Bespin or Shore troopers skins without Scarif or Death Star trooper skins without the DS. I like skins and have been asking for them but the preference is maps as maps have replay value for many of us, skins, not so much. Where are the mp maps for Coruscant, Jedah, Mustafar, Sullust, Scairf, Vardos, Pillio?

Response from a dev? Good luck. You need to post a picture of a doodle your 5-year old did to get a response from them.

That's not really fair and as a Dad I can relate to the emotion that doodle had to her Dad. Priceless.

Now if you want to talk about a dev response on the SW Mario Kart thread then I'm game.

Fair enough. I did actually comment on the thread as well and commented about my son and the 2015 game. I'll have to look up the Mario Kart thread...
  • d0kRX
    1342 posts Member
    Coruscant Guard armor but no Coruscant? Would have liked to seen the feedback on the SWBF 15 forums if they released Bespin skins without Bespin or Shore troopers skins without Scarif or Death Star trooper skins without the DS. I like skins and have been asking for them but the preference is maps as maps have replay value for many of us, skins, not so much. Where are the mp maps for Coruscant, Jedah, Mustafar, Sullust, Scairf, Vardos, Pillio?

Fair enough. I did actually comment on the thread as well and commented about my son and the 2015 game. I'll have to look up the Mario Kart thread...

I agree that some of the threads they decide to comment on are mind boggling. The silence is pretty much confirmation that nothing is in the works.

Yes, maybe even further confirmation that the game is dead, eh @F8RGE .
    PSN: d0kRX
  • How do you have a PT era heavy SWBF game without Coruscant and Mustafar? The game needs new maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • How do you have a PT era heavy SWBF game without Coruscant and Mustafar? The game needs new maps.

Agree.

I wonder if there’s a partly designed version of either in Dice’s X-Files archives.
  • Ah... Coruscant. Would be so nice.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JustinReade
    509 posts Member
    edited February 22
    I suppose, and thereby fear, that their answer at this time would be: "you are getting a 'new' map in the upcoming Large Scale Mode." That would be a very narrow and linear answer to the question.

Of course, we are talking about attention for Blast, Extraction, and other modes. For sure, I'd prefer entirely new settings (Jedha, Coruscant, Dagobah). But perhaps that's just unreasonable for us to wish for at this stage?

As a result, I'd at least like to hear their thoughts on whether any future energy will be devoted to porting additional BF15 maps. That seems like the path of least resistance for "new" map content.
  • @F8RGE

Any talks or thoughts on porting skins and maps from the BF2 Campaign? Surely that’s more manageable than making new ones or even porting BF15 maps. Lots of potential sitting there for maps that would work perfect in smaller modes.

I've been wanting this since launch. SURELY it would be easy to crop a few parts of the campaign maps for Heroes vs Villains at least. The courtyard on Iden's home planet would be great for HvV and it already has two variants made. The ocean planet would also be great and the top of the flying Star Destroyer on Jakku would be EPIC! Imagine having a HvV match on that! There's also some parts on Cloud City from the campaign that could be used and that lava planet (forget the name right now).
    Xbox Gamertag: Brad Cafe
  • Jakeman wrote: »

@F8RGE
    Here's an idea that would be the fastest way to give us "new" maps for HvV, *Strike, and Blast. Let's say for example in HvV on Kashyyyk. In addition to the treetops as a map, why not rotate in the Kashyyyk Hangar, Kashyyyk Village, and Kashyyyk Beach. This would give us three "new" maps from just one existing map by simply moving boundaries around! This could be done with every large map and give a "new" experience that is sorely needed. New maps are a absolute must but until then this is the best solution I can come up with.

*Strike would take a little more effort because of the objective but way easier than implementing a whole new map.

This should be so easy to do too.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    847 posts Member
    edited February 23
    It's not only important get new maps. More important is get complete contents of this. Example, if you compare the Geonosis map with this map in the Battlefront of Pandemic. Lack many units and vehicles:

- Droidekas
    - Magnaguards
    - Geonosian warrior
    - Geonosian Starfighter
    - Hellfire droids
    - OG-9 Homing Spider Droid (playable)
    - DSD1 Dwarf Spider Droid (playable)
    - LAAT (playable)
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Please stop posting beautiful Sullust pics @Jett_Fett_91166 the pain of its exclusion increases each time. 😛
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Please stop posting beautiful Sullust pics @Jett_Fett_91166 the pain of its exclusion increases each time. 😛

A shame that the only Sullust map in game is only available via the campaign as it is a beautiful map. For myself the Sullust maps from SWBF 15 are some of the best maps in the franchise. Would enjoy having GA, Extraction, Blast and HvV Sullust maps to play. Scarif and Bespin for GA, Extraction and SA would also be good but my first choice is still for Sullust maps. Would like to see Sullust featured in a future SW movie, Hue Hue, a back story.
    I'll stop when I see some Sullust maps in the game until then why deny your eyes. >:) :)
    n7qzvdkdoson.jpg
    9fm3fcrb1ulb.jpg
    bn4jhaievoai.jpg
    #StarWars-y
  • The_Count wrote: »
    After this Titan mode update they need to just make maps only. Enough is enough! What is this expansive Star Wars universe if you can’t even fight on many of the iconic planets!

Agreed. The game needs new maps as we have more heroes than GA maps. Time to start adding more maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Probably will fall on deaf ears but I asked for new and or ported maps (again) in the most recent survey. Either ported SWBF 15 maps like Sullust, Scarif and Bespin or new maps like Mustafar, Corellia, Coruscant, Dagobah, Jedah, Mygeeto, Eadu, Mimban.
    Something new please as this game needs more maps for all modes.
    #StarWars-y
  • I don't think any new maps are coming, it's a shoe string budget and skeleton crew.
    To be brutally honest I think the fantasizing over content is setting yourself up for a fall.
    To be even more brutally honest I think this game will actually be dead by June/July.
  • Honestly I'd just be happy of the repurposed existing maps from the campaign and other areas of GA maps for more HvV map options.
  • BradCafe wrote: »
    Honestly I'd just be happy of the repurposed existing maps from the campaign and other areas of GA maps for more HvV map options.

At this point if they did a mass port of BF15 maps, added Campaign maps and then added portions of existing GA maps to all the small modes, I would be happy. Rogue One content would be fantastic but I’ll take 3 - 4 smaller ports/Campaign rips over 1 new GA map any day.
  • If scariff isn't added I will start hiding EA sports games at the local gamestop. Take that suckas!
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    If scariff isn't added I will start hiding EA sports games at the local gamestop. Take that suckas!
    Are you going to bury them under the SWBF 17 games in the discount bin?
    The game needs maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • You know what @BucksawBoushh ? Maybe I should go ask him personally as I live next to Sweden. :relieved:
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

• An emote wheel and bug fixes are the type of content we’ll get. That’s about what one/two devs can muster in a month after all the political licensing.

We have one dedicated hero dev that is over worked and under appreciated.

The map, weapon & star card devs are all reallocated elsewhere. Why would the bring that type of labor back for zero return?

Pipe dream I wish would be true, but ain’t happening.
  • Time for some ported or new maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • Time for some ported or new maps.

Nope, taking away maps is the way forward
    lg8laaof8crs.png
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    Time for some ported or new maps.

lg8laaof8crs.png

Yeah I saw that and well, here we go again.
    Would like some ported SWBF 15 maps like Sullust and Scarif. Great maps and not everyone who plays this game played SWBF 15 so they would be new maps for those players and many SWBF veterans would like to try the class system, new heroes and reinforcements on those SWBF 15 maps. We currently have more heroes than GA maps. This game really needs maps to keep it fresh.

Your sig is distracting but in a good way.
    #StarWars-y

lg8laaof8crs.png

Would like some ported SWBF 15 maps like Sullust and Scarif. Great maps and not everyone who plays this game played SWBF 15 so they would be new maps for those players and many SWBF veterans would like to try the class system, new heroes and reinforcements on those SWBF 15 maps. We currently have more heroes than GA maps. This game really needs maps to keep it fresh.

I played 2000+ hours of BF15 and the ported maps feel new to even me. BF2 looks, plays and feels completely different than its predecessor. It should hardly even be considered “recycled” content at this point. It’s a shame those maps (and other assets) are just wasting away over there in the BF15 files.

lg8laaof8crs.png

I played 2000+ hours of BF15 and the ported maps feel new to even me. BF2 looks, plays and feels completely different than its predecessor. It should hardly even be considered “recycled” content at this point. It’s a shame those maps (and other assets) are just wasting away over there in the BF15 files.

Agreed. I'd have to go back and look at my stats but I've played quite a bit of SWBF 15 as well. Good times. Would like some SWBF 15 ports and players who've never played those maps might enjoy them as well. Port some Sullust maps, Scarif maps and more Bespin (CFC anyone?) maps. DICE did some great work porting the few SWBF 15 maps currently in this game. Could be wrong but it seemed a large portion of the community welcomed these ported maps and still enjoy them. From what I've observed on the forums maps don't nearly generate as much frustration such as other items that do. The game needs maps and yes some other assets, pew pew, would be welcomed as well.
    #StarWars-y

lg8laaof8crs.png

Agreed. I'd have to go back and look at my stats but I've played quite a bit of SWBF 15 as well. Good times. Would like some SWBF 15 ports and players who've never played those maps might enjoy them as well. Port some Sullust maps, Scarif maps and more Bespin (CFC anyone?) maps. DICE did some great work porting the few SWBF 15 maps currently in this game. Could be wrong but it seemed a large portion of the community welcomed these ported maps and still enjoy them. From what I've observed on the forums maps don't nearly generate as much frustration such as other items that do. The game needs maps and yes some other assets, pew pew, would be welcomed as well.

I loved those Sullust maps in the 2015 game, particularly the Extraction ones. Probably the most fun I had playing that game (until they made the awful Extraction hero decision). I remember Scarif looking good too, but that was about when I quit playing.
  • Empire_TW
    5496 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

lg8laaof8crs.png

If they ported maps we would also know for sure they would be good, Geonosis is new but doesn't play well but I'd love to play some of the BF2015 maps in this game.

I'm sure you can imagine my dilemma trying to play this game
    wdl0zpj57236.jpg
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • Please no ports....at least not Scarif. Let's have something new and worthy of the Battle of Scarif
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Please no ports....at least not Scarif. Let's have something new and worthy of the Battle of Scarif

You don’t want ports? We saw what happened last time when the community moaned about getting “recycled” content. We got Geonosis. One map.
  • d0kRX
    1342 posts Member
    Please no ports....at least not Scarif. Let's have something new and worthy of the Battle of Scarif

You don’t want ports? We saw what happened last time when the community moaned about getting “recycled” content. We got Geonosis. One map.

this.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • I want new maps: Couscant (Jedi Temple), Mustafar, Utapau, Mygeeto, Scarif, Jedha, Sullust, Tatooine near Jabba's palace, Bespin.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg

As small maps sure, but I don't want those trashy Scarif maps worked in as a big map.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Relmets
    1876 posts Member
    Please no ports....at least not Scarif. Let's have something new and worthy of the Battle of Scarif

As small maps sure, but I don't want those trashy Scarif maps worked in as a big map.

Scarif maps were underwhelming in 2015front but Landing Pad 13 was great. Bring sunset Scarif back
    [+3748 posts]