criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Darth Vader need tweaks for GA. He isn't so special anymore.

2Next

Replies

  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Heroes shouldn't be immortal.

    All the top players are already going on 50+ ks's with any one they use.

    It isn't the characters, it is those of us who can't do it too.

    Palps is objectively better than getting killstreaks as Vader, and Bossk is one of the few that can get consistent 150+ killstreaks. And heroes are not entirely equal, because I haven't seen any big killstreaks with Phasma. Heck, I haven't even seen a Phasma on the leaderboard.

    No character can get consistent 150+ killstreaks...

    Bossk can, If you play him right.

    Give me ten videos of 150+ killstreaks with Bossk. If Bossk can do it consistently, it should be very easy.

    He really is the only Hero that can. Palpatines better at straight up killing, but bossk has 3/4s that and much higher survivability, so it makes that possible. It takes a special lobby to pull it off in though. Basically you have to be the only good player on your team and the enemy has to be trash enough to kill, but good enough to hold back your team.

    He can do it very rarely, with all the right conditions and a good player. But yes, Bossk maybe need to be toned down a little.
  • Anyway returning on Vader, he as others Olds heroes need some tweaks in their abilities and in their cards. Come on the card "fulfill the rage" of Vader is bugged from day 1 for example. And there is no reason for Luke to have 100 damages on his base strikes when Kenobi have 130.
  • Another thing to address, sometime Vader block just don't work, normal blasters go through it. And his block should be one of his strong points.....
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Another thing to address, sometime Vader block just don't work, normal blasters go through it. And his block should be one of his strong points.....

    Bug with most Sabers.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Another thing to address, sometime Vader block just don't work, normal blasters go through it. And his block should be one of his strong points.....

    Bug with most Sabers.

    true, but i experienced these block bugs more with Vader and Kenobi. I play often even with blaster heroes and they have less bugs, lightsaber combat seem something problematic for DICE, i hope in the new revamped gameplay.
  • il96
    552 posts Member
    @DarthCapa2 I dont like to speculate but I will. I think you are playing him wrong. Vader needs to encounter enemies head on, his weakness is his range. Too slow to attack to the left then double back and attack to the right. extended range on saber throw is very useful 3rd star card.
    His choke is a crowd control maneuver. I use to stop their attack. It gives u a moment to collect yourself analyze the situation and of course get that saber throw in/R2 when they drop. I imagine you get a lot of deaths by swinging at a trooper having him roll backwards then all the sudden your surrounded with only solution left is to block and yeah to your point you're F'd. Vader is slow and calculated.
    I dont know of any hero (aside from a R2 spamming GG) that takes a fortified WW 1vs1 and doesn't lose 75% if not all of the HP.
    Anyways my 2 cents no buff needed.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Just take the heroes out of the game. All people ever do is complain about them. Seriously tired of seeing nothing but Hero related discussion the entire life span of this game, yet there are so many actual problems that have yet to be addressed.

    Even when I played this game 6 months ago all people ever did was complain about heroes. At this point it's safe to ask, do people even like heroes?

    I have yet to see one positive post about them.
  • Raices
    1154 posts Member
    il96 wrote: »
    @DarthCapa2 I dont like to speculate but I will. I think you are playing him wrong. Vader needs to encounter enemies head on, his weakness is his range. Too slow to attack to the left then double back and attack to the right. extended range on saber throw is very useful 3rd star card.
    His choke is a crowd control maneuver. I use to stop their attack. It gives u a moment to collect yourself analyze the situation and of course get that saber throw in/R2 when they drop. I imagine you get a lot of deaths by swinging at a trooper having him roll backwards then all the sudden your surrounded with only solution left is to block and yeah to your point you're F'd. Vader is slow and calculated.
    I dont know of any hero (aside from a R2 spamming GG) that takes a fortified WW 1vs1 and doesn't lose 75% if not all of the HP.
    Anyways my 2 cents no buff needed.

    Vader's choke is a joke in GA, it needs to one shot troopers except heavies. It's a high risk-low reward ability atm.
  • il96
    552 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »
    il96 wrote: »
    @DarthCapa2 I dont like to speculate but I will. I think you are playing him wrong. Vader needs to encounter enemies head on, his weakness is his range. Too slow to attack to the left then double back and attack to the right. extended range on saber throw is very useful 3rd star card.
    His choke is a crowd control maneuver. I use to stop their attack. It gives u a moment to collect yourself analyze the situation and of course get that saber throw in/R2 when they drop. I imagine you get a lot of deaths by swinging at a trooper having him roll backwards then all the sudden your surrounded with only solution left is to block and yeah to your point you're F'd. Vader is slow and calculated.
    I dont know of any hero (aside from a R2 spamming GG) that takes a fortified WW 1vs1 and doesn't lose 75% if not all of the HP.
    Anyways my 2 cents no buff needed.

    Vader's choke is a joke in GA, it needs to one shot troopers except heavies. It's a high risk-low reward ability atm.

    Like i said its not an attacking tool. If there is a lil **** trooper behind u quick turn and choke to stop him also gives u a stationary target for a saber throw. I hope you dont think i go into a room full of ppl and choke at one guy.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Raices
    1154 posts Member
    il96 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    il96 wrote: »
    @DarthCapa2 I dont like to speculate but I will. I think you are playing him wrong. Vader needs to encounter enemies head on, his weakness is his range. Too slow to attack to the left then double back and attack to the right. extended range on saber throw is very useful 3rd star card.
    His choke is a crowd control maneuver. I use to stop their attack. It gives u a moment to collect yourself analyze the situation and of course get that saber throw in/R2 when they drop. I imagine you get a lot of deaths by swinging at a trooper having him roll backwards then all the sudden your surrounded with only solution left is to block and yeah to your point you're F'd. Vader is slow and calculated.
    I dont know of any hero (aside from a R2 spamming GG) that takes a fortified WW 1vs1 and doesn't lose 75% if not all of the HP.
    Anyways my 2 cents no buff needed.

    Vader's choke is a joke in GA, it needs to one shot troopers except heavies. It's a high risk-low reward ability atm.

    Like i said its not an attacking tool. If there is a lil **** trooper behind u quick turn and choke to stop him also gives u a stationary target for a saber throw. I hope you dont think i go into a room full of ppl and choke at one guy.

    That's one of the reasons Bossk, Palps, Maul, Iden are better picks than him atm. He's too reliant on the saber throw. I would buff his choke OR make him one shot troopers except heavy when focused rage is on.
  • il96
    552 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »
    il96 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    il96 wrote: »
    @DarthCapa2 I dont like to speculate but I will. I think you are playing him wrong. Vader needs to encounter enemies head on, his weakness is his range. Too slow to attack to the left then double back and attack to the right. extended range on saber throw is very useful 3rd star card.
    His choke is a crowd control maneuver. I use to stop their attack. It gives u a moment to collect yourself analyze the situation and of course get that saber throw in/R2 when they drop. I imagine you get a lot of deaths by swinging at a trooper having him roll backwards then all the sudden your surrounded with only solution left is to block and yeah to your point you're F'd. Vader is slow and calculated.
    I dont know of any hero (aside from a R2 spamming GG) that takes a fortified WW 1vs1 and doesn't lose 75% if not all of the HP.
    Anyways my 2 cents no buff needed.

    Vader's choke is a joke in GA, it needs to one shot troopers except heavies. It's a high risk-low reward ability atm.

    Like i said its not an attacking tool. If there is a lil **** trooper behind u quick turn and choke to stop him also gives u a stationary target for a saber throw. I hope you dont think i go into a room full of ppl and choke at one guy.

    That's one of the reasons Bossk, Palps, Maul, Iden are better picks than him atm. He's too reliant on the saber throw. I would buff his choke OR make him one shot troopers except heavy when focused rage is on.

    Well is it more fun to slash thru troops and huck laser swords at them or throw a fart bomb in a crowded room?
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Why should he be special? I think he's fine the way he is, Bossk is a better choice in GA but he is "squishy" and can be dealt with easily if your team is cooperating and using Heroes, same with Palpatine, even though he has more health.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • DarthCapa2
    2880 posts Member
    edited February 1
    il96 wrote: »
    @DarthCapa2 I dont like to speculate but I will. I think you are playing him wrong. Vader needs to encounter enemies head on, his weakness is his range. Too slow to attack to the left then double back and attack to the right. extended range on saber throw is very useful 3rd star card.
    His choke is a crowd control maneuver. I use to stop their attack. It gives u a moment to collect yourself analyze the situation and of course get that saber throw in/R2 when they drop. I imagine you get a lot of deaths by swinging at a trooper having him roll backwards then all the sudden your surrounded with only solution left is to block and yeah to your point you're F'd. Vader is slow and calculated.
    I dont know of any hero (aside from a R2 spamming GG) that takes a fortified WW 1vs1 and doesn't lose 75% if not all of the HP.
    Anyways my 2 cents no buff needed.

    Honestly I have good runs with Vader, belive me, this is not a complain thread because I struggle at using him. On contrary I think I use him very well. What I'm saying is that compared to the new heroes some of his abilities seem underwhelming. Saber throw is all he have, and he is too dependent of his rage.
    His choke need to be better vs troopers, and why Grievous, Dooku and Kenobi can one shot troopers with their sabers and a heavy character like Vader can't?
    Raices wrote: »
    il96 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    il96 wrote: »
    @DarthCapa2 I dont like to speculate but I will. I think you are playing him wrong. Vader needs to encounter enemies head on, his weakness is his range. Too slow to attack to the left then double back and attack to the right. extended range on saber throw is very useful 3rd star card.
    His choke is a crowd control maneuver. I use to stop their attack. It gives u a moment to collect yourself analyze the situation and of course get that saber throw in/R2 when they drop. I imagine you get a lot of deaths by swinging at a trooper having him roll backwards then all the sudden your surrounded with only solution left is to block and yeah to your point you're F'd. Vader is slow and calculated.
    I dont know of any hero (aside from a R2 spamming GG) that takes a fortified WW 1vs1 and doesn't lose 75% if not all of the HP.
    Anyways my 2 cents no buff needed.

    Vader's choke is a joke in GA, it needs to one shot troopers except heavies. It's a high risk-low reward ability atm.

    Like i said its not an attacking tool. If there is a lil **** trooper behind u quick turn and choke to stop him also gives u a stationary target for a saber throw. I hope you dont think i go into a room full of ppl and choke at one guy.

    That's one of the reasons Bossk, Palps, Maul, Iden are better picks than him atm. He's too reliant on the saber throw. I would buff his choke OR make him one shot troopers except heavy when focused rage is on.

    Exactly this.
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    Why should he be special? I think he's fine the way he is, Bossk is a better choice in GA but he is "squishy" and can be dealt with easily if your team is cooperating and using Heroes, same with Palpatine, even though he has more health.

    Why a semi unknown bounty hunter is more effective of the Dark Lord of the Sith? they pump Bossk so much in these games! Give to Vader his right place.
  • The nerf crowd (which you are apart of) got there way as per usual, be careful what you wish for...
  • The nerf crowd (which you are apart of) got there way as per usual, be careful what you wish for...

    Are you speaking with me?
  • DarthJ
    6452 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    The nerf crowd (which you are apart of) got there way as per usual, be careful what you wish for...

    Are you speaking with me?

    I pictured De Niro when you said this

    'you talkin' ta me' *intimidating pose*
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • The only problem is with Vader in GA is when his block doesn't work or he uses force choke on a group of troopers and doesn't hit 1-2 of them, he loses a large chunk of health or dies.
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    The only problem is with Vader in GA is when his block doesn't work or he uses force choke on a group of troopers and doesn't hit 1-2 of them, he loses a large chunk of health or dies.

    Using his choke on a group is bad tactical play unless they are bunched up. You deserve the beating you take from that situation.

    Block still being bugged 14 months in is just a terrible job by the devs.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    The only problem is with Vader in GA is when his block doesn't work or he uses force choke on a group of troopers and doesn't hit 1-2 of them, he loses a large chunk of health or dies.

    Using his choke on a group is bad tactical play unless they are bunched up. You deserve the beating you take from that situation.

    Block still being bugged 14 months in is just a terrible job by the devs.

    If you take all the enemies with the choke it is a good strike, but if miss one of them you will lose a lot of health or die. Choke it is a high risk ability, so it need a higher reward, at least vs infantry.
  • Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.

    Actually the "focused rage" card give to him only 25% while Phasma (that is a range hero) have 50%.
    Anyway if they buff the choke at 150 damages and the damage of focused rage to +30 i will be happy.
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.

    Actually the "focused rage" card give to him only 25% while Phasma (that is a range hero) have 50%.
    Anyway if they buff the choke at 150 damages and the damage of focused rage to +30 i will be happy.

    Unless they give Phasma her knock down back, she needs all the help she can get cqc.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.

    Actually the "focused rage" card give to him only 25% while Phasma (that is a range hero) have 50%.
    Anyway if they buff the choke at 150 damages and the damage of focused rage to +30 i will be happy.

    Unless they give Phasma her knock down back, she needs all the help she can get cqc.

    true, i'm not suggesting to reduce phasma defense indeed. It was just a comparison. Recently i change my Vader cards removing furious resilience because 25% is not enough to justify a slot for a card. It should be at least 35/40% if not 50%. Actually i'm trying to use ''last grasp'' because for me it is very important that every ability of a hero be viable, and one shot troopers make viable the choke in GA.
  • Raices
    1154 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.

    Actually the "focused rage" card give to him only 25% while Phasma (that is a range hero) have 50%.
    Anyway if they buff the choke at 150 damages and the damage of focused rage to +30 i will be happy.

    Unless they give Phasma her knock down back, she needs all the help she can get cqc.

    true, i'm not suggesting to reduce phasma defense indeed. It was just a comparison. Recently i change my Vader cards removing furious resilience because 25% is not enough to justify a slot for a card. It should be at least 35/40% if not 50%. Actually i'm trying to use ''last grasp'' because for me it is very important that every ability of a hero be viable, and one shot troopers make viable the choke in GA.

    "Last Grap" is fun to use in GA, but Vader gets metlted easily without the "Furious Resilence" card.
  • Raices wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.

    Actually the "focused rage" card give to him only 25% while Phasma (that is a range hero) have 50%.
    Anyway if they buff the choke at 150 damages and the damage of focused rage to +30 i will be happy.

    Unless they give Phasma her knock down back, she needs all the help she can get cqc.

    true, i'm not suggesting to reduce phasma defense indeed. It was just a comparison. Recently i change my Vader cards removing furious resilience because 25% is not enough to justify a slot for a card. It should be at least 35/40% if not 50%. Actually i'm trying to use ''last grasp'' because for me it is very important that every ability of a hero be viable, and one shot troopers make viable the choke in GA.

    "Last Grap" is fun to use in GA, but Vader gets metlted easily without the "Furious Resilence" card.

    This. I took that card off & got lit up in HvV can't imagine taking it off for heros. Wish he & boba had damage reduction without cards. Only people who wear armor
  • Raices wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.

    Actually the "focused rage" card give to him only 25% while Phasma (that is a range hero) have 50%.
    Anyway if they buff the choke at 150 damages and the damage of focused rage to +30 i will be happy.

    Unless they give Phasma her knock down back, she needs all the help she can get cqc.

    true, i'm not suggesting to reduce phasma defense indeed. It was just a comparison. Recently i change my Vader cards removing furious resilience because 25% is not enough to justify a slot for a card. It should be at least 35/40% if not 50%. Actually i'm trying to use ''last grasp'' because for me it is very important that every ability of a hero be viable, and one shot troopers make viable the choke in GA.

    "Last Grap" is fun to use in GA, but Vader gets metlted easily without the "Furious Resilence" card.

    If you use last grap you need to play him differently, more safely and caution. But I found that furious resilience don't make all this difference, it is only 25%.. I play him less like a tank.
    Actually my built in GA is:

    - dark lord
    - there is no escape (very important)
    - last grap.

  • Raices
    1154 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.

    Actually the "focused rage" card give to him only 25% while Phasma (that is a range hero) have 50%.
    Anyway if they buff the choke at 150 damages and the damage of focused rage to +30 i will be happy.

    Unless they give Phasma her knock down back, she needs all the help she can get cqc.

    true, i'm not suggesting to reduce phasma defense indeed. It was just a comparison. Recently i change my Vader cards removing furious resilience because 25% is not enough to justify a slot for a card. It should be at least 35/40% if not 50%. Actually i'm trying to use ''last grasp'' because for me it is very important that every ability of a hero be viable, and one shot troopers make viable the choke in GA.

    "Last Grap" is fun to use in GA, but Vader gets metlted easily without the "Furious Resilence" card.

    This. I took that card off & got lit up in HvV can't imagine taking it off for heros. Wish he & boba had damage reduction without cards. Only people who wear armor

    Yup, he needs at least 15%dmg reduction without the card imo.
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.

    Actually the "focused rage" card give to him only 25% while Phasma (that is a range hero) have 50%.
    Anyway if they buff the choke at 150 damages and the damage of focused rage to +30 i will be happy.

    Unless they give Phasma her knock down back, she needs all the help she can get cqc.

    true, i'm not suggesting to reduce phasma defense indeed. It was just a comparison. Recently i change my Vader cards removing furious resilience because 25% is not enough to justify a slot for a card. It should be at least 35/40% if not 50%. Actually i'm trying to use ''last grasp'' because for me it is very important that every ability of a hero be viable, and one shot troopers make viable the choke in GA.

    "Last Grap" is fun to use in GA, but Vader gets metlted easily without the "Furious Resilence" card.

    If you use last grap you need to play him differently, more safely and caution. But I found that furious resilience don't make all this difference, it is only 25%.. I play him less like a tank.
    Actually my built in GA is:

    - dark lord
    - there is no escape (very important)
    - last grap.

    I love that loadout, i used it for a while, but for good killstreaks gotta go with the traditional one: resilience, dark lord, there is no escape.
  • Raices wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.

    Actually the "focused rage" card give to him only 25% while Phasma (that is a range hero) have 50%.
    Anyway if they buff the choke at 150 damages and the damage of focused rage to +30 i will be happy.

    Unless they give Phasma her knock down back, she needs all the help she can get cqc.

    true, i'm not suggesting to reduce phasma defense indeed. It was just a comparison. Recently i change my Vader cards removing furious resilience because 25% is not enough to justify a slot for a card. It should be at least 35/40% if not 50%. Actually i'm trying to use ''last grasp'' because for me it is very important that every ability of a hero be viable, and one shot troopers make viable the choke in GA.

    "Last Grap" is fun to use in GA, but Vader gets metlted easily without the "Furious Resilence" card.

    This. I took that card off & got lit up in HvV can't imagine taking it off for heros. Wish he & boba had damage reduction without cards. Only people who wear armor

    Yup, he needs at least 15%dmg reduction without the card imo.
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Needs more damage reduction and the force choke should be free fire like in BF2015. Channeling it just makes you take damage.

    Actually the "focused rage" card give to him only 25% while Phasma (that is a range hero) have 50%.
    Anyway if they buff the choke at 150 damages and the damage of focused rage to +30 i will be happy.

    Unless they give Phasma her knock down back, she needs all the help she can get cqc.

    true, i'm not suggesting to reduce phasma defense indeed. It was just a comparison. Recently i change my Vader cards removing furious resilience because 25% is not enough to justify a slot for a card. It should be at least 35/40% if not 50%. Actually i'm trying to use ''last grasp'' because for me it is very important that every ability of a hero be viable, and one shot troopers make viable the choke in GA.

    "Last Grap" is fun to use in GA, but Vader gets metlted easily without the "Furious Resilence" card.

    If you use last grap you need to play him differently, more safely and caution. But I found that furious resilience don't make all this difference, it is only 25%.. I play him less like a tank.
    Actually my built in GA is:

    - dark lord
    - there is no escape (very important)
    - last grap.

    I love that loadout, i used it for a while, but for good killstreaks gotta go with the traditional one: resilience, dark lord, there is no escape.

    yes, but incredibly in these days i reach higher killstreak without furious resilience and using last grap instead. in choke points the card is great for multikills with force choke and to punish more some savage wookiee.
    For this i feel that force choke should inflict more damages at base, in this way you are not forced to use a specific card to make it viable, the card would be useful but only for kill heavies and punish enforcers and heroes.
  • Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    edited February 16
    HoK, Bonus Health and his extended lightsaber throw card. That’s something that worked for me.

    Could always use the reduced damage with resilience, but I like bonus health because it’s always there

    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    HoK, Bonus Health and his extended lightsaber throw card. That’s something that worked for me.

    Could always use the reduced damage with resilience, but I like bonus health because it’s always there

    Yes, this one is also good. Depend how you want play vader
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    HoK, Bonus Health and his extended lightsaber throw card. That’s something that worked for me.

    Could always use the reduced damage with resilience, but I like bonus health because it’s always there

    Yes, this one is also good. Depend how you want play vader

    In light of anakin having 1k HP, vader would get his base health put back to 900. It was an unnecessary nerf from the get go.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    HoK, Bonus Health and his extended lightsaber throw card. That’s something that worked for me.

    Could always use the reduced damage with resilience, but I like bonus health because it’s always there

    Yes, this one is also good. Depend how you want play vader

    In light of anakin having 1k HP, vader would get his base health put back to 900. It was an unnecessary nerf from the get go.

    They nerfed him so hard from the beginning, and now they put anakin that sound super OP. They reduced Vader health from 900 to 800, they reduced Vader damage reduction from 55% to 25%, they increased the cool down of his saber throw, they change his force choke and now it can't kill infantry anymore, they cancel the possibility to use focused rage in the air.

    It is time to buff Vader, considering that Anakin is coming so strong.

    Vader:

    Force choke: need 150 damages
    Focused rage: need to inflict 150 damages
    Health: from 800 to 850
    Health regen: from 250 to 300 or 350.
    Cards: some tweaks or changes for the useless cards.
  • Indeed.. Vader should be more powerful than Anakin!
  • awakespace
    1051 posts Member
    edited February 24
    Vader is just as good as any other hero in GA as far as I'm concerned...

    Watch this video - it may help



    I think if you let furious one shot people then it is just like an enhanced version of Dooku's duelist, because it also adds damage reduction and infinite stamina

    However, I wouldn't' be opposed to ALL saber users being able to one shot troopers (do at least 150 damage) from behind
    Post edited by awakespace on
  • awakespace wrote: »
    Vader is just as good as any other hero in GA as far as I'm concerned...

    Watch this video - it may help



    I think if you let furious one shot people then it is just like an enhanced version of Dooku's duelist, because it also adds damage reduction and infinite stamina

    However, I wouldn't' be opposed to ALL saber users being able to one shot troopers (do at least 150 damage) from behind

    These videos are recorded by good players that plays against noobs. They play all the day, then they post on YouTube the best game they played. It is not hard to understand. It is very rare get a 100+ killstreak because there are too many factors that you need to your side. Often games ends at phase 1 or 2, or your team is bad, or the enemy team is bad and the game end in 5 minutes etc etc..

    No one here say that Vader is not good, but in comparison with the new heroes he is not so special. His force choke is very situational in Galactic Assault, and is supposed to be a tank but he really isn't. Focused rage need to one shot troopers, dooku duelist add damage but also add speed to the swings and have cards to improve it. So, Vader rage need to: add damage and defense, while Dooku duelist add damage and speed.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    Vader is just as good as any other hero in GA as far as I'm concerned...

    Watch this video - it may help



    I think if you let furious one shot people then it is just like an enhanced version of Dooku's duelist, because it also adds damage reduction and infinite stamina

    However, I wouldn't' be opposed to ALL saber users being able to one shot troopers (do at least 150 damage) from behind

    Man this dude isn't in a competitive lobby at all.
  • awakespace
    1051 posts Member
    edited February 24
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    Vader is just as good as any other hero in GA as far as I'm concerned...

    Watch this video - it may help



    I think if you let furious one shot people then it is just like an enhanced version of Dooku's duelist, because it also adds damage reduction and infinite stamina

    However, I wouldn't' be opposed to ALL saber users being able to one shot troopers (do at least 150 damage) from behind

    These videos are recorded by good players that plays against noobs. They play all the day, then they post on YouTube the best game they played. It is not hard to understand. It is very rare get a 100+ killstreak because there are too many factors that you need to your side. Often games ends at phase 1 or 2, or your team is bad, or the enemy team is bad and the game end in 5 minutes etc etc..

    No one here say that Vader is not good, but in comparison with the new heroes he is not so special. His force choke is very situational in Galactic Assault, and is supposed to be a tank but he really isn't. Focused rage need to one shot troopers, dooku duelist add damage but also add speed to the swings and have cards to improve it. So, Vader rage need to: add damage and defense, while Dooku duelist add damage and speed.

    Watch more of his videos. You will see that he can handle very good players and teams too. Yes of course you need a certain kind of environment to pull of this huge of a kill streak, but you also need to be really really good. It takes a lot of practice and time, so you are right that he plays a lot.

    I'm just saying that if you looks at all of his videos Vader doesn't lag behind other heroes. And that is my experience as well. I would say when I get a hero I average between 30 and 60 kills with the hero - in special occasions it can go much higher. And killstreaks don't exactly correlate to a hero's viability, but it is just what is available to post. I just don't think Vader is lagging behind other heroes at all, sorry...

    Yes duelist adds speed but it's like a 2% increase - almost nothing

    Vader's focused rage adds 200 health, unlimited stamina, extra damage, and 25% damage reduction with a card. Duelist just adds damage and an itty amount of speed. If you are saying this then maybe Dooku should also get unlimited stamina and a health buff, because then his duelist will be lacking.

    Vader has his saber throw which has a 6 second cooldown and one shots all troopers it hits (that are at 150 health) at a really good range and can double damage on its return. Dooku has lightning which can one shot up to two 150 troopers and has barely any range. Dooku really is a close quarter player with no ranged attacks. Vader is a high health tank character with range and great defense. If Vader could one shot troopers with focused rage he would be pretty ridiculous with 950 health and 200 buff plus 25% damage reduction - which creates the equivalent of 1437.5 health. If this was the case, a low skill player could literally go into a room full of opponents and just wipe everyone out without taking any permanent damage. So yes Vader and Dooku are different but I wouldn't say one is better...

  • Stopped watching that video when I saw the platform.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited February 25
    No. Vader is in need of a buff, most of the original cast as well. It's pretty obvious stats wise anakin is the new palpatine of the lightside. The optimal build everyone will be running in GA is the 1k HP, 150+ dmg base saber strikes, and HOK.

    His abilities are above and beyond everything else as well. Jumping into the naboo hallways with little fear of taking more than 60 somewhat damage and one-shotting anything that's not a hero on 2 of his abilities, just puts characters like Luke, and yes even vader to shame.

    At the very least Vader needs his old launch stats back. 900 Base HP, the original saber throw CD, and an "ultimate" being Focused rage with it's old damage reduction with Fueling the rage tossed in as well since it's so under used. That's just for starters, luke needs some love as well. The son of skywalker might as well be a padwan learner at this point.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »
    Vader is just as good as any other hero in GA as far as I'm concerned...

    Watch this video - it may help



    I think if you let furious one shot people then it is just like an enhanced version of Dooku's duelist, because it also adds damage reduction and infinite stamina

    However, I wouldn't' be opposed to ALL saber users being able to one shot troopers (do at least 150 damage) from behind

    These videos are recorded by good players that plays against noobs. They play all the day, then they post on YouTube the best game they played. It is not hard to understand. It is very rare get a 100+ killstreak because there are too many factors that you need to your side. Often games ends at phase 1 or 2, or your team is bad, or the enemy team is bad and the game end in 5 minutes etc etc..

    No one here say that Vader is not good, but in comparison with the new heroes he is not so special. His force choke is very situational in Galactic Assault, and is supposed to be a tank but he really isn't. Focused rage need to one shot troopers, dooku duelist add damage but also add speed to the swings and have cards to improve it. So, Vader rage need to: add damage and defense, while Dooku duelist add damage and speed.

    Thought i'd chip in here.

    Does anyone also remember the launch trailer for the game with Vader's first gameplay reveal?. I do, and it was extremely misleading.

    Look at the 0:15 mark of this video that's cut the Vader reveal from the original trailer. Here you can see with Focused Rage activated, Vader is just leaping from one trooper to another, 1-tapping them like it was nothing and that scene from Rogue One. Couldn't be more misleading, lmao:

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=fTj7rsFe9Hk
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • Still no buffs on Vader choke and focused rage damages... :s now even Kylo got a damage buff and can one shot enemies at base from behind.....
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!