criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Transmission - Capital Supremacy

Replies

• When will it be out again?
  • Excited about the addition...reminds me a bit of the SWTOR PVP content.
    "Peace is a lie"
  • iReiGNxx
    11 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Gotta say, this sounds like a great change of pace from the current modes in the game. Only thing that is underwhelming is that there doesn't seem to be more than one map for this even though it was originally stated to have the other maps reworked for it. But I guess that is still on it's way. I am fine with Clone Wars being the signature era of this game since the first one was only OT, but I'm definitely looking forward to the other eras' maps being added once you guys create interiors for the other capital ships.
  • Aw Man, this sounds awesome. So awesome, in fact that I'm going to livestream it all night when it comes out @James_C_Drone on Twitch AND YouTube!
  • Setrhy wrote: »
    Okay, I have some doubts about the new game mode but I will wait for it to come out and test it for myself.

BUT WAIT!!!!!! Where is the CT of the lightsaber? Please please!! don't tell that will be delayed....
    Do not make me wait a month for this please, the lightsaber combat is one of the most important mechanics of the game, and you guys, for some reason take too long for improve this.

Definitely if you delay this one month longer it may be because of a change in the "architecture" of the saber system because it would not make sense to extend this anymore, Hopefully not....

Where's that lightsaber CT indeed.

they announced already that the lightsabr CT is coming closer to the 26th so that we could see the new mode CT first.
  • I'm super excited! Thank you Dice. Will the command post part of this mode ever be available in arcade?
  • Oh wait it's only for one map with limited heroes and no mention of starfighters???????????

No more game modes after this just more maps for all the current game modes!

I hope that there are still going to be star fighters in this game mode.
  • downcookoo wrote: »
    I'm super excited! Thank you Dice. Will the command post part of this mode ever be available in arcade?

An arcade gamemode based on conquest was announced to be in development at one point, but Some_Info, a reliable Battlefront 2 leaker, said that it is on-hold because DICE doesn't have enough staff to finish it.
  • downcookoo wrote: »
    I'm super excited! Thank you Dice. Will the command post part of this mode ever be available in arcade?

An arcade gamemode based on conquest was announced to be in development at one point, but Some_Info, a reliable Battlefront 2 leaker, said that it is on-hold because DICE doesn't have enough staff to finish it.

They need more troops...
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • JustTimm wrote: »
    Llunots wrote: »
    Is it going to be available on Arcade??

No it's a multiplayer mode.

They confirmed this mode for Arcade
  • although this could be fun, just from reading it it does not seem overwhelming yet, as the long wait and "hints" have suggested unfortunately :(

Only one map, no free decision to switch between ground and ships, no star fighters included, AI instead of opening up to 32 vs 32 real players, combat in the ships is limited to - again - planting something that is a mechanic heavily used in straighter assault...

I really hope it is more fun playing than reading :(

__
    Edit:
    - no pictures?
    - any more maps in the works?
    - any more maps planned?
    - any more era planned?

The good thing about AI is that they can use it to put this mode in the Arcade

The issue with that is, if you check the Skirmish/Offline Content Thread, that Charlemagne recently stated stat it is a) not a priority and that they are b) not actively working on it soooooooooooooooo no happiness there
  • Draxin
    166 posts Member
    Oh wait it's only for one map with limited heroes and no mention of starfighters???????????

No more game modes after this just more maps for all the current game modes!

I hope that there are still going to be star fighters in this game mode.

Nope, no starfighters at all. @F8RGE confirmed that.
    Hi.
  • Alright, let's give it a shot. It sounds like the most interesting update to Battlefront yet. From the the sound of things this mode seems like it will be super fun with the OT if the heroes stay era locked and reduced in number like they are here.
  • No. Do not make this a clone wars only game mode. This isn't a clone wars only game, and people want original and sequel trilogy content, too. I Love the gamemode itself, though. It's excaclty what I was hoping for. And the new reinforcments seem cool, too. Just the only thing I ask is that you put an even number of prequel, original, and sequel maps into this gamemode. I also like the idea of only those heroes. Just please start focusing on adding mapsfrom original and sequels. I belive starkiller base and Endor would be great for this game mode. And also add new Infiltrator reinforcments for the rebellion, empire, Resistance, and first order. I would say bothan spies for rebellion, royal guards for Empire, Poilets for the resistance, and special order tie Poilets for the first order.you also already have models for the rebel capital ship and first order capital ship. Please make this happen dice.
  • We need a video!
  • Everything sound great except the fact that it will be available only on one map.

Sound great the 32 vs 32 number, the era locked heroes and the capture points!
  • clueisclueless
    1 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Who else is excited to watch a cutscene and a black screen as we get teleported to and from capital ships 10 times a round. It was supposed to be a non-linear game mode... No star fighters is pretty depressing, we don’t have to take down the opposing teams shields or infiltrate their ship, they just let us fly a transport right into their capital ship. It’s like they both agreed “I won’t send any fighters if you don’t” “ok”
  • RC2074
    129 posts Member
    I wonder if there will be a new planet map from where one starts
  • Great Anakin and Yoda vs. 6 other dead weight Heroes. I hope those Hero buffs are coming in soon, including that block for darth maul otherwise this is going to be another bullet point on the list for why era locked is such a stupid idea.

Glad you made it 32v32 at least.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Kind of a bittersweet taste with this CT.

The good: The new mode sounds like a fusión between Conquets and Battlefield's Frontt Lines mode, which sounds pretty awesome tbh. Memes appart, I look forward to this, and definitely sounds like a good experience and what could be a great boost for this game. Having a whole new Geonosis map for this gamemode sounds actually interesting.

The bad: Just 1 map… Seriously, one year for this point, the game lacks content in almost every single thing you can think of, especially maps, and now that we have the chance to add new stuff, we just not even get new locations but not even the ones that were already in the game, like Naboo (Naboo fields sound like the perfect place for this if you want an easier map to make) or Kamino. Not having a word about future maps for this gamemode (not even in a couple of months in sight) is worrying, to say the least. I said up there that this gamemode has the potential to be a great boost for this game, but also has the potential to be the final bullet it needs to die if nothing changes. And it's a game that has A LOT of potential to keep going on for years.

The ugly: Not good, not bad, but the lack of starfighters don't sound absolutely right to me, I would like to keep them in the game.
  • I’m hoping the battles on the capital ships will make Grevious closer to Anakins match. At least for this mode. Not in ability but utility, he’ll do very well in the confined spaces of hallways and be able to use the unrelenting assault or whatever his helicopter move is better. At least I’m hoping this will be the case
  • All good but…. 1 map?? This will let gamemode die after a few weeks...
  • @Empire_TW we need that shaq picture Lol
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Sounds pretty good. I like the addition of a.i. as long as they aren't super accurate on my face with cat like reflexes. I hope Ahsoka will be the next addition!
  • This a good step in the right directio.n I do however feel like the rebels need someone instead of the wookie. Not removing it but adding a 3rd one because the Death Trooper is way more powerful. Let's see how this new wave of reinforcements play
  • Phoenix382 wrote: »
    Sounds pretty good. I like the addition of a.i. as long as they aren't super accurate on my face with cat like reflexes. I hope Ahsoka will be the next addition!

please dear god no more heroes the ones we have need to be balanced out first GA is a freaking mess and this new game mode will be as well.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • fatfreeham
    5 posts Member
    edited March 22
    For future maps with this mode, please consider alternative events for stages the way GA currently works.

I am not a fan of a rush to the transport stage. Please consider a Starfighter only stage like the transport destroying mode in 2015 and in current SA. Transport ai, while Starfighters attack and defend transports.

While I understand this stage a device to probably limit the attacker tickets, I think you could get the same effect with Starfighters. I will understand if this is not possible due to some console limitations.

If that's not possible I would love a space version of this mode. I don't see why similar capture points couldn't be available with Starfighters but the final stage is on foot inside the cap ships. Then again, my favorite mode so far between this game and 2015 is battle station.

Just my two cents.

Edit: forgot to say that I am excited for this mode and looking forward to playing it as described!
    Post edited by fatfreeham on
  • JackTHorn
    3562 posts Member
    Sounds better than I expected! I love the accurate heroes, and the flexibility of the game play sounds great. Im curious how many heroes, but it might not matter as spread out as it seems.

There will need to be additional maps added soon, and ideally additional eras as well. Otherwise you'll end up with the same problem as Extraction: great mode, but desperately in need of a decent number of maps or it gets boring.

Looking forward to playing it!
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Think I'll reserve judgement until I've played it, however there are already several concerns.

I might suggest that people check out the Arma 3 StarWars mod should this go pear shaped.
  • One map? It may be pretty cool for a little while, but this will get old in just days.... And this is what we have been waiting for? Through the delays and all the positive hype from you guys that this would be worth the wait... What a MASSIVE disappointment.

But yeah, we need at LEAST 5 maps to play on so hopefully that will be happening next month, which brings me to my next complaint lol: being drip fed a little new content once a month. The drag continues.... Stop doing this!

Positive note, I do appreciate the little that we got. Thanks for giving us at least a little something new
  • Only one map a big bummer. Also no star fighters? Also is there going to be a arcade version? I am not a big fan of PvP due to not having a lot of time to play this game. And I don't like having to quit mid game on my team mates.