criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Community Transmission - Capital Supremacy

Replies

• Awesome! Hopefully more maps will follow soon.
  • Starmasui73146
    1407 posts Member
    edited March 27
    The Mode is perfect, enough said.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    1407 posts Member
    edited March 27
    Check the new Mode out, you will NOT likely be disappointed, give it a chance and buy the way I'm sure they are adding more maps.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Great job Dice, everybody wants everything so there is always going to be negative comments. People should be happy that there is still content being made and that EA hasn’t shut it down. It’s not Dice’s fault they have such a small team. You should also know that EA’s fiscal period ends at the end of March, so they aren’t allowed to share any plans for future content until that happens. Dice already have others maps being reworked for the new game mode they just didn’t want to hold the release date back again. These maps are much bigger and Geonosis is the only one big enough to house the game mode. They need some time to expand other maps to fit the game mode. Just try the game mode out and then review it, rather then just assuming it’s going to be crappy. I myself will be switching over to this game mode as my main rather than GA
  • Ok Dice, on the surface this looks like a fantastic concept and I’m very excited. This mode will bring me back. Five control points is a great number. I feared y’all would choose three. The AI inclusion is also a great idea, with one caveat. You must have totally redesigned the AI quality for this mode, otherwise it will ruin it all. I’m giving y’all the benefit of the doubt. My other concern is the capital ships. I’m hoping their design is sufficiently open and spacious. If it turns out that it amounts to the same as Naboo, phase 2/3, then that’s a fail. Again, I have high hopes that y’all made the right call. Great concept as it appears now. Nice work! I haven’t played this game since the Anakin drop. No interest there at all. It should have been Mace. This mode however, and it’s gameplay mechanics, is the real thing. Long overdue, but better late than never.

To everyone whining about one map, I understand and agree, but the shock and surprise is silly. They’ve long since told us it was going to launch with just one map and that it would be Geonosis. There will be more maps, and from the other eras. We will be getting the infiltrators for the other eras also.

The era locked heroes doesn’t bother me, but if on the ships there are four per side in forced, congested areas... that will be unfortunate.

Lastly... Vehicles. There’s no mention. If they are absent, so be it, but tanks in conquest has always been a staple. Spawnable vehicles would be great, but I’m not expecting it.

All in all the CT was information light. There are many questions that won’t be answered until we play it. It looks like it could be the greatest mode. It certainly sounds like it’s better than GA already.

Appreciation for this CT, and gratitude for your continuing efforts to enhance this game.

Capital Supremacy... Let the battles begin!
  • CornellAKABCM
    389 posts Member
    edited March 23
    For everyone who's complaining about the new mode (AI inclusion, no starfighter combat, etc.), think about it this way: It was either this, or Star Wars, Fortnite Edition. I'm sure people would've been a lot more angry about that. I, on the other hand, am eager to see how Capital Supremacy plays out.
    Post edited by CornellAKABCM on
  • seriously?! no space combat?! this mode has been hyped up for so long and this is all you give us!?
  • disappointing EA disappointing
  • jo_achim747
    731 posts Member
    edited March 23
    jordi1337 wrote: »
    waited 9 months for this and we only get to play on 1 map? awesome?
    One map for a mode that’s been worked on for a year...I’m done
    g5seszpit48d.gif

I'm sure they will give us more, fiscal year laws prevents DICE from discussing content beyond the fiscal year. Trust me don't panic.

How hard was it to just make regular "Conquest"?
    Mouthrax wrote: »
    ...and I'm out!

I too was hoping for straight up "Conquest" on the ground and "Conquest" in space inside and outside the ship, but nope.
    Draxin wrote: »
    Why didn't you just develop a regular mode of "Conquest"-

We can't even pilot starfighters apparently-

How in the #$%# can you miss an opportunity like that? If you needed more resources for the rest of the mode to actually make any sort of sense then do a CONQUEST gamemode instead-

To everyone leaving goodbye posts I'll come with ya, keep the blast door open please.

grimmace2 wrote: »
    Looks interesting, we'll have to see how the game play turns out. Doesn't appear to have a starfighter component included, which is disappointing. Limited Heroes is disappointing as well, but at least the "era specific" component of the player base should be happy. Hopefully more maps are planned for the future, otherwise this will get stale VERY quickly. We'll wait until Tuesday and provide additional feedback. Thanks for providing additional content, looking forward to the roadmap to see what else is planned.

Edit: Looks like Ben confirmed on reddit that Starfighters are definitely not included.
    TheScape wrote: »
    This right there just killed my excitement completely.
    It sounds like a lot of fun, the AI sounds good, a new Geonosis and new ship interiors sounds fun.

I like the limit on the heroes...we want era specific for this.

I am gutted we can't get in starfighters and fly up to the ship. That freedom is really really fun.

However, if its a game that can keep on turning in terms of back on surface, back in ship, etc, it could be a lot of fun.

New reinforcements also sound great.
    Oh wait it's only for one map with limited heroes and no mention of starfighters???????????

No more game modes after this just more maps for all the current game modes!

I hope that there are still going to be star fighters in this game mode.
    TyB2000 wrote: »
    You had one #$#%## job guys, and you #$%%# it up, all you had to do was copy paste the same thing from 2005, but no you had to go make a $#%# version you cant even fly ships in space. This is #$%#$#% pathetic. I guarantee that you have used up all your chances. This game will quickly loose the few players it has left and die.
    I kept my expectations low, and they were matched exactly.

1 map only, no pilotable troop transports

Glad to see I'm not the only guy upset about no fighters in space or in atmosphere around the capital ship. I hear ya man, I hear ya. I personally will give the game mode a shot but my hopes are dashed.
    slice_star_wars_stormtrooper_facepalm_01.jpg
    5char
    ey2jdwwb557z.png

The reaction of most of the forum goers...

Join the club. But there's more maps coming I imagine.
    I'm disappointed in only 1 map being available, but really what did everyone expect? I will probably come back to play this mode, but one map will probably get boring extremely quick. The skeptic in me wonders if adding the AI to make it 32 v 32 is a reflection of the current server state, meaning after the first couple months of the mode release it would have been extremely hard to find a full game of 64 players. I hope not, but I'd be lying if that thought didn't cross my mind.

I guess I'm just honestly tired of the overall attitude associated with this game. Content is announced, people start hoping for more. Content is delayed and strung out, people are frustrated. Content is released with less than fans wanted, people are even more upset. Rinse and repeat. Time for me to break from the insanity cycle.

The negativity surrounding this game (which is justified in certain areas) is really not healthy.

It truly is to bad.

Who else is excited to watch a cutscene and a black screen as we get teleported to and from capital ships 10 times a round. It was supposed to be a non-linear game mode... No star fighters is pretty depressing, we don’t have to take down the opposing teams shields or infiltrate their ship, they just let us fly a transport right into their capital ship. It’s like they both agreed “I won’t send any fighters if you don’t” “ok”

Your sarcasm made me laugh.
    Adricmb wrote: »
    Kind of a bittersweet taste with this CT.

The good: The new mode sounds like a fusión between "Conquest" and Battlefield's "Front Lines mode", which sounds pretty awesome tbh. Memes appart, I look forward to this, and definitely sounds like a good experience and what could be a great boost for this game. Having a whole new Geonosis map for this gamemode sounds actually interesting.

The bad: Just 1 map… Seriously, one year for this point, the game lacks content in almost every single thing you can think of, especially maps, and now that we have the chance to add new stuff, not even did we not get new locations but we got the ones that were already in the game. What about Naboo (Naboo fields sound like the perfect place for this if you want an easier map to make) or Kamino? Not having a word about future maps for this gamemode (not even in a couple of months in sight) is worrying, to say the least. I said up there that this gamemode has the potential to be a great boost for this game, but also has the potential to be the final bullet; it needs to die if nothing changes. And it's a game that has A LOT of potential to keep going on for years.

The ugly: Not good, not bad, but the lack of starfighters don't sound absolutely right to me, I would like to keep them in the game.

Again, the devs are held in check by the fiscal year rules, they must abide buy, they can not reveal beyond the fiscal year date.

I kept my expectations low, and they were matched exactly.

1 map only, no pilotable troop transports
    We don't have starfighters?

Glad I'm not the only who was desperately hoping for a Starfighter component. Death Star dlc from Battlefront 1 is still my favorite mode out of both games.

Kinda lame and pointless w/o it. Just another ground mode.

Should be fun but man o man, missed opportunity up the wazoo.

would you mind explaining this fiscal year in short? And especially why BF V future content can be talked about but Battlefront's not? Not quite understanding the difference there...
  • Why? Chewbacca and Bossk aren't in that era!!!
  • would you mind explaining this fiscal year in short? And especially why BF V future content can be talked about but Battlefront's not? Not quite understanding the difference there...[/quote]

I don't know exactly, but I know that it has to do with the company's financing, which by U.S. Law prevents companies from revealing future product/content.
  • seriously?! no space combat?! this mode has been hyped up for so long and this is all you give us!?

We’ve been told all along that it was a conquest variant and never once have they even hinted that there’d be any starfighter combat.
  • This seems like Carrier Assault game mode from Battlefield 4. I'll give it a go.
  • Overall the mode sounds awesome. It's a little sad that there is no space combat (fighters) but I never figured there would be. Hopefully they expand it to include the other two eras and some other maps at some point in the future.
  • The devs spent more time on the emote wheel that still doesn't even work properly than this lame one map mode.
  • SSJSnoop
    2154 posts Member
    I don't know what's the bigger joke, this mode or the fans who defend this game as if it wasn't the most disappointing online MP this gen(possibly all time).

• SSJSnoop wrote: »
    I don't know what's the bigger joke, this mode or the fans who defend this game as if it wasn't the most disappointing online MP this gen(possibly all time).
    Actually that’s the past 4 CODs bud.
  • SSJSnoop
    2154 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »

I get where you're coming from but I don't consider them disappointments. After MW2, pretty much everyone knows it's been downhill for CoD, every title being around the same level of mediocrity as the last.

EA Battlefront is a different story. People waited like 10yrs for a sequel to Pandemic's games and when they got it in 2015 it was amazing but flawed as all he-ll.

The hype and expectation levels for this game Battlefront 2 were off the charts before release but upon launch and 16 months later it's been massive disappointment after massive disappointment.

This game might be better than the last 4 CoDs but it doesn't make less disappointing.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »

I get where you're coming from but I don't consider them disappointments. After MW2, pretty much everyone knows it's been downhill for CoD, every title being around the same level of mediocrity as the last.

EA Battlefront is a different story. People waited like 10yrs for a sequel to Pandemic's games and when they got it in 2015 it was amazing but flawed as all he-ll.

The hype and expectation levels for this game Battlefront 2 were off the charts before release but upon launch and 16 months later it's been massive disappointment after massive disappointment.

This game might be better than the last 4 CoDs but it doesn't make less disappointing.
    Every game has its faults I have the original two battlefronts thanks to Xbox backward compat and love playing them. I agree this current battlefront is flawed and has is broken but I enjoy it cause you know it’s battlefront. Got to have hope dude play the new mode and you know see if you like it.

• bfloo
    15830 posts Member

COD has been in decline longer than that.

Hard to say they were the biggest disappointments.

We all actually expected this game to be great.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Would you mind explaining this fiscal year in short? And especially why BF V future content can be talked about but Battlefront's not? Not quite understanding the difference there...

I would love too summarize it, if I actually understood it. The statement was made by DICE not me, I'm just relying the information.

“There is always hope.”

• Would you mind explaining this fiscal year in short? And especially why BF V future content can be talked about but Battlefront's not? Not quite understanding the difference there...

I would love too summarize it, if I actually understood it. The statement was made by DICE not me, I'm just relying the information.

and that's why I am getting more and more worried since it does not seem really trustworthy if they say this is something that applies to all kind of games due to the fiscal year laws but then BFV and other games get reveals for future content...

Maybe some moderator can clarify this? I would appreciate it...
  • Just found a tweet on twitter from Ben replying to StarWarsHQ, that spawning on the command posts is not possible? Boy that's frustrating...
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    To those people saying I should just be happy to get new content...

1 map over and over will only last me a couple weeks before I can’t stand it anymore. Therefore, it is really not new content but rather a temporary game mode.

For some reason, my mind hates that much repetition. I can’t speak for others, but I would guess it is common to have this mindset.

I LOVE extraction but never play it because of the high degree of repetition. This mode needed to start with at least 4 maps and get some additional maps throughout the year.

So yes, I am quite disappointed and don’t tell me not to be. New content is meaningless if I can’t stand playing it.

I will see if they announce more after their fiscal year starts but it is quite reasonable to be disappointed right now.
    New content is free content if you didn’t pay any extra for it. How about you be thankful for the work that people are doing to bring you something new (even if for a couple of weeks before you start feeling that you’re entitled to more) though you didn’t pay a penny for it?

1 map over and over will only last me a couple weeks before I can’t stand it anymore. Therefore, it is really not new content but rather a temporary game mode.

For some reason, my mind hates that much repetition. I can’t speak for others, but I would guess it is common to have this mindset.

I LOVE extraction but never play it because of the high degree of repetition. This mode needed to start with at least 4 maps and get some additional maps throughout the year.

So yes, I am quite disappointed and don’t tell me not to be. New content is meaningless if I can’t stand playing it.

I will see if they announce more after their fiscal year starts but it is quite reasonable to be disappointed right now.
    New content is free content if you didn’t pay any extra for it. How about you be thankful for the work that people are doing to bring you something new (even if for a couple of weeks before you start feeling that you’re entitled to more) though you didn’t pay a penny for it?

They didn't advertise it as free, but way worse than its predecessor.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1415 posts Member
    edited March 24
    EA think that we are stupid. The say that it's no posible 64 real players because only can be 4 heroes in a team, this a cheap excuse XD

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Kuikka wrote: »
    So wait what, did I get this right...? there's no space battle in this mode? Only land battles on land / inside enemy cruiser?

That is correct.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • For everyone who's complaining about the new mode (AI inclusion, no starfighter combat, etc.), think about it this way: It was either this, or Star Wars, Fortnite Edition. I'm sure people would've been a lot more angry about that. I, on the other hand, am eager to see how Capital Supremacy plays out.

Hey, if I don't like something I will say so. I don't like it .

Fact it is restricted to CW era, and it is era only heroes, the minority who keep carping about "immersion" have had their wishes fulfilled at the detriment of everyone else. I'm tired of a vocal minority being pandered to.

Add in that it is not much different from GA, and has only 1 map? I have every reason to be disappointed.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • MBSONIC wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »

When they advertise that new modes are coming for free, and its made to be the selling point, then yes we are entitled to whatever they tell us they are doing. Especially when they say they are making content for arcade, and then don’t do anything. Not even considering we were supposed to get NEW WEAPONS. We haven’t gotten a single one yet! I feel very entitled to high quality content when I pay $80 for anything.

You paid $80 for something. You figured it was worth that. Now they have added more content, you feel that it is not worth the $80 you spent? Get a grip son.
  • Damn, the negativity...
  • CornellAKABCM
    389 posts Member
    edited March 24
    For everyone who's complaining about the new mode (AI inclusion, no starfighter combat, etc.), think about it this way: It was either this, or Star Wars, Fortnite Edition. I'm sure people would've been a lot more angry about that. I, on the other hand, am eager to see how Capital Supremacy plays out.

Hey, if I don't like something I will say so. I don't like it .

Fact it is restricted to CW era, and it is era only heroes, the minority who keep carping about "immersion" have had their wishes fulfilled at the detriment of everyone else. I'm tired of a vocal minority being pandered to.

Add in that it is not much different from GA, and has only 1 map? I have every reason to be disappointed.

I'm not saying you don't have any reason to be upset. I'm just saying they could've gone with the worse option and done Battle Royale instead. After all, they're the ones who made the game. They could willingly say "screw it" if they wanted to. Granted, it would make them look even worse, but they could still do it.
  • Can guarantee this new mode won't live long if you don't hurry and finish balancing Anakin.
  • Laser921
    2104 posts Member
    This mode should be accessible to the other eras, you can re-enact Vader from Rogue One
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Never heard of any ship battles fought this way. Why not use breaching pods and other boarding craft rather than wasting manpower in a protracted ground battle?
  • Pls this will mean that AI in Arcade is going to be better right?????

Hopefully this means the whole mode comes to Arcade with the better AI.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Battlefront 2 Updates that should be added:

- Galactic Assault for Arcade.

- Upcoming Modes for Battlefront 2 for arcade as well.

If any of these options are added the arcade problem would be over for people on PS4 that cant play online.

Yes, more Arcade content is what I'd like to see.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • MBSONIC wrote: »

When they advertise that new modes are coming for free, and its made to be the selling point, then yes we are entitled to whatever they tell us they are doing. Especially when they say they are making content for arcade, and then don’t do anything. Not even considering we were supposed to get NEW WEAPONS. We haven’t gotten a single one yet! I feel very entitled to high quality content when I pay $80 for anything.

I eagerly await that content for Arcade. If the free DLC is why we get so little content, I say give us paid DLC. I would rather buy my Arcade content than not have it at all.
  • That mentality is what started this mess.
    MBSONIC wrote: »
    I eagerly await that content for Arcade. If the free DLC is why we get so little content, I say give us paid DLC. I would rather buy my Arcade content than not have it at all.
  • RyanK388
    1834 posts Member
    At least this means “12 people” I’m going to call them people are /Satisfaction Guaranteed!/ to actually do the objectives at any given point because if it’s one thing a bot can do is to follow linear programming and shoot at walls
  • The reason why the number isn’t 32 Vs 32 players is your chance of getting a hero is lower plus having 12 bots ensure there are still people fighting and not sat in the menu waiting for hero instead of helping.
  • OcDoc
    1953 posts Member
    Are bot deaths going to affect tickets?

I don’t want bots losing the battle for my side if at all possible.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1415 posts Member
    edited March 25
    RyanK388 wrote: »
    At least this means “12 people” I’m going to call them people are /Satisfaction Guaranteed!/ to actually do the objectives at any given point because if it’s one thing a bot can do is to follow linear programming and shoot at walls

Cheap excuse!

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Starmasui73146
    1407 posts Member
    edited March 25
    Recap: Everyone was complaining about the new mode having only 1 map. Then it was explained that that is likely not the case but due to US Fiscal Year laws DICE can not announce more content tell the next fiscal year begins. Then I was asked:
    Would you mind explaining this fiscal year in short? And especially why BF V future content can be talked about but Battlefront's not? Not quite understanding the difference there...

Then I responded:

Then he responded:
    and that's why I am getting more and more worried since it does not seem really trustworthy if they say this is something that applies to all kind of games due to the fiscal year laws but then BFV and other games get reveals for future content...

Maybe some moderator can clarify this? I would appreciate it...

This subject was placed in question on another thread:
    Was hearing that they can't release a BFII roadmap because they aren't able to announce content for the next fiscal year until the new fiscal year starts, but then saw that BFV has a 2019 roadmap that doesn't reveal everything but does go as far as June and teases content in the fall.

Here is the closest thing to a response I can give you directly from a moderator:
    (1.) Because "Battlefield 5" is a Dice game and they can do as they please?
    (2.) Because "Battlefield 5" is a newer game so will have a longer period of support (from now to EoL) than Battlefront?
    (3.) Because you haven't waited a little longer for the team to update the roadmap?

There will be content coming in the next few months. And there will be more news on that shortly. Right now however the focus is on the new game mode, releasing it and then what comes next....

Times have changed. This time last year we had just had a community manager swap and getting out of the winter lull in a sense after the initial drama. I even came out of retirement to do some forum modding again :D With each game the studio does they learn and how future plans are communicated is affected too.

There's also likely certain stuff related to future plans after the end of the fiscal year and laws in the US on what you can announce for the following year. However, i'm extremely tired, don't know it well enough and would need to confirm with the team before saying anything for certain. Just throwing it out there.

A game that launched 5 months ago vs 1 year 5 months will have more devs.. It's a natural part of any software/game's life cycle. The same happened with Battlefield 1 when Battlefront II dropped. Sure there are exceptions such as Rainbow Six Siege but it's generally how it works. More devs means more content. Though that is not to be confused with lack of devs.

Fiscal Year ends March 31.
    There I hoped I helped clarify a bit, I know it is all rather confusing but besides the US Fiscal Year laws DICE also had to deal with other laws in Sweden as well.

“There is always hope.”
    Are bot deaths going to affect tickets?

I don’t want bots losing the battle for my side if at all possible.

No, the ticket mechanic only applies during the capital ship phases. The AI infantry won't be involved on the ships, only the players. AI will stay on the ground.
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    MBSONIC wrote: »

You paid $80 for something. You figured it was worth that. Now they have added more content, you feel that it is not worth the $80 you spent? Get a grip son.

First of all, they haven’t added everything they said they would which is ONE reason I’m bothered. I don’t have a problem with the content they are adding with Capital Supremacy. My response was to something else, not to the adding of that specific mode. What I’m saying is that I, as a consumer am entitled to whatever free content dice says they are going to add, even I’m not paying for that content. As far as I’m concerned, they advertised new weapons and I purchased this game to get a consistent stream of content along with what I got at launch. It’s my opinion, and if you don’t agree.....z1yeehtqlw7a.gif
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • RC2074
    135 posts Member
    More arcade maps and make the arcade (also the arcade space maps) bigger so one can fly starfighters and use walkers in the arcade game please.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!