criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Please remove this hero cross-era feature from GA!

Replies

• JackTHorn wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Yeah, so much for all that "listening to the community" I thought they were doing with the skin accuracy and armored Clone Officers. Guess there's only so far they'll take that sort of thing. Not sure what point there is in commenting here anymore, at this point.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Considering what was just confirmed I would hardly state our arguments were "defeated"...
    LOL. What was just confirmed was that Dice and EA will do the absolute bare minimum they have to do for this game, and that they aren't overly concerned with allowing the game to retain any kind of Integrity as a Star Wars game.

I am honored to have participated in ensuring I can continue to choose the best hero for the situation in a multiplayer video game!
    Thank you for not trying to claim that it's a Star Wars game. The best this mess can manage is "a multiplayer video game".

But yes, your arguments were defeated. Or at least responded to with arguments that never got refuted. Not that you ever paid attention. But more importantly, neither F8RGE nor any of the other mods or devs have been refereeing these arguments looking to see who "wins". EA is just doing the laziest bare minimum needed with the game, and what was announced was a reflection of that. They haven't paid attention to any of the arguments any of us have been making.

Considering Disney owns Star Wars, and they approved this game as a Star Wars game, it is by definition a Star Wars game regardless of what you wish it to be.

• AssaultPlazma
    194 posts Member
    edited January 23
    @AssaultPlazma

Don't even try.

@IIPrest0nII
    Whats gonna happen if I do it?
  • @JackTHorn
    They have listened... The event later this month. I’ve come to realize that HU will never be it’s own permanent mode and events are the path they’ve chosen. They just aren’t going to create new modes and dedicate server space for just hero selection variances.

I see this event as a success. A success for all those who have lobbied for era accurate heroes in GA. So... Congratulations. I suspect you’ll be getting this event on a regular basis.
  • @AssaultPlazma

Don't even try.

@IIPrest0nII
    tntesfnxo05n.gif

Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    s0zIgPW.gif?noredirect

Oh now you've done it.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • fqv4y4utk609.gif
    5char
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • IIPrest0nII
    4790 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    @AssaultPlazma

Don't even try.

@IIPrest0nII
    tntesfnxo05n.gif

He tried and it didn't bring anything good for him.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • UrbanGlitch
    3274 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Yeah, so much for all that "listening to the community" I thought they were doing with the skin accuracy and armored Clone Officers. Guess there's only so far they'll take that sort of thing. Not sure what point there is in commenting here anymore, at this point.
    Considering what was just confirmed I would hardly state our arguments were "defeated"...
    LOL. What was just confirmed was that Dice and EA will do the absolute bare minimum they have to do for this game, and that they aren't overly concerned with allowing the game to retain any kind of Integrity as a Star Wars game.

I am honored to have participated in ensuring I can continue to choose the best hero for the situation in a multiplayer video game!
    Thank you for not trying to claim that it's a Star Wars game. The best this mess can manage is "a multiplayer video game".

But yes, your arguments were defeated. Or at least responded to with arguments that never got refuted. Not that you ever paid attention. But more importantly, neither F8RGE nor any of the other mods or devs have been refereeing these arguments looking to see who "wins". EA is just doing the laziest bare minimum needed with the game, and what was announced was a reflection of that. They haven't paid attention to any of the arguments any of us have been making.
    It's not about winners or losers, It's about what everyone want.
    L O L :lol: :lol: :lol:

@JackTHorn
    They have listened... The event later this month. I see this event as a success. A success for all those who have lobbied for era accurate heroes in GA. So... Congratulations. I suspect you’ll be getting this event on a regular basis.
    Fair point. This weekend for the Accuracy event (because accuracy is a weekend event for this "AAA" game) is probably the last time my friends and I will play for a while. I'll try the new mode in February, but if they've got heroes fighting for the wrong factions in that too then I'm done. I might come back for a weekend here and there if I hear about future accuracy events.

Same, because if it happens to have yet another cross-era mode, then I know this game is never going to be my taste for a Star Wars game
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    To chime in here, we've got no plans to change the way Heroes work in GA.

BOOOMB!
    End of discussion

Notice he said GA... We’re far from done here. If you think you ”got us” or something, this is exactly what we’ve been dealing with since release. Do your blood pressure a favor and find some other topics man. I thought you found this one boring?

We have no plans to change the way heroes work in any game mode.

That's disappointing.
  • I would quit GA if this happened...
  • Jediseth1 wrote: »
    I would quit GA if this happened...

They're not changing it, so no need to vow mutiny, heh
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited January 29
    This is a multiplayer shooter game...

Game balance > immersion.

If you want immersion as your primary gameplay concern, single player and RPG games are the genre to look for, not multiplayer shooter games.

Immersion would not affect game balance negatively. In fact reducing the hero count to 2 would improve it.

It would affect it negatively... the only way it wouldn't is if all heroes/villains were equal in strength and ability sets... that is not the case, thus limiting access to specific ones will effect balance... if I remember correctly F8RGE even states as much in one of his replies...

Edit: here you go...
    We have no plans for "Authentic Mode".

Sometimes gameplay comes first and I suspect that any authentic mode would require a lot of heroes to be reworked, at the least.

Sorry, but it's a no.

• I believe that battling heroes across every era is one of the core basics of the game. Wasn't it in the reveal trailer that it advertised battling heroes and villains from different eras and locations?

While Immersion is great and all, this isn't an role playing game. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be on the resistance with only Finn and Rey against Kylo and Phasma

Also, how would era lock work? Yoda technically is in every era, (prequel, original, and ghost in sequel) so do some heroes get multiple eras?

While I think it would be great as an event once a month, it would not work permanently.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • CaptainM09 wrote: »
    I believe that battling heroes across every era is one of the core basics of the game. Wasn't it in the reveal trailer that it advertised battling heroes and villains from different eras and locations?

While Immersion is great and all, this isn't an role playing game. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be on the resistance with only Finn and Rey against Kylo and Phasma

Also, how would era lock work? Yoda technically is in every era, (prequel, original, and ghost in sequel) so do some heroes get multiple eras?

While I think it would be great as an event once a month, it would not work permanently.

Advertisements regarding cross era were referring to Heroes vs Villains, the mode where you are supposed to be able to pair up any hero or villain against each other in fantasy battles. Galactic Assault on the other hand is a game mode that is designed to make you feel like you’re in an actual Star Wars Battle. The detailed scenery, announcers, story/situation presented, are all present to create that effect.

We already know how era-lock would work and always have from the beginning. Yes multi-era heroes exist. Such examples are Kenobi, Palpatine, and Bossk. All of which are both Prequel Trilogy and Original Trilogy heroes. And Yoda isn’t technically in every era because he’s dead in the sequel trilogy, he’s a PT and OT hero.

We saw how era-specific matches played out with the weekend event and the game mode was much more balanced with 2 heroes per side during Phase 3 and the removal overpowered hero combos. There was much more variety in the heroes you saw on the battlefront during this event, normally you see the same heroes every single match in GA because they are “meta”, making for bland and repetitive gameplay. But with era-specific play many more of the heroes are actually used. What’s the point in having 19 heroes if only 6 are used? Cross era play in GA often results in the assets that DICE worked hard on not even being recognized.
    Overall during the era-specific event, there was more variety in terms of gameplay, much better balance, and the focus of the match was shifted back to the team of infantry rather than 3 heroes during the final phase of the match. Which shifts Galactic Assault to what it’s intended to be. GA is a mode that is intended to allow you to experience being a soldier in a Star Wars Battle, the heroes are supposed to be a compliment to that and not the focus of the mode.

I don’t see why you don’t think this would work permanently, we already saw better balanced gameplay from the single weekend of it. The only legitimate problem with it right now is the sequel trilogy, which has several heroes but only 2 villains, both of which are usable in GA but definitely need buffs. These are problems that they can fix before they implement era-specific play if they ever decide to. What are the main reasons you say it wouldn’t work?
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • It should "battle lock", not necessarily "era lock".

If it is a "mainstage" movie, canon battle, only the heroes that took place in that battle, should be available, with the "demi-heroes" (e.g. flametrooper, death trooper) remaining as is in each battle.

Now, if they starting introducing more maps from canon into the game, say a map from the clone wars where jedi were not HEAVILY present in the battle, then sure, inference and creativity when it comes to earnable per-match heroes is ok in places like this (given the ERA REMAINS LOCKED), they just need to remember that it irks people when REY comes flying out of nowhere in the middle of geonosis LOL...

Honestly, it would be cool if they update GA mode with a cool sort of "strategy" system with team-earnable bonuses that your team can vote for after each mach, in order to use them in the next match. The bonuses could range from anything, maybe something like extra reinforcements, artillery strikes from a star destroy, etc...

In all honesty, EA in general, does not look they are poised for much of a comeback this generation (this console cycle, pc either).
  • CaptainM09 wrote: »
    I believe that battling heroes across every era is one of the core basics of the game. Wasn't it in the reveal trailer that it advertised battling heroes and villains from different eras and locations?

Yeah, that was the text, accompanied by nothing but era specific gameplay... I don’t think it’s too outlandish to assume that people thought this meant fighting in battles across all eras, not necessarily that characters from all eras would turn up in every battle, since that really isn’t the norm in Star Wars gaming. They have been curiously modest about this ”core basic” feature in trailers as a matter of fact... strange.
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    While Immersion is great and all, this isn't an role playing game. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be on the resistance with only Finn and Rey against Kylo and Phasma.

Are you talking character strenght and balance? Because yeah, I’d like to be on the Resistance with only Finn and Rey against Kylo and Phasma, until they get more ST skins and characters in place. And a RPG isn’t intrinsically more immersive than a shooter.

Of course some heroes could be in multiple eras. I think it would work as a separate game mode, with cross-era still available for those who like that (and that is also what people have been asking for). But if they should consider it, locking it even further than in this event would probably be a good idea. Yeah, Yoda should perhaps be PT only for example. Chewie on the other hand, could be in all three.
  • There are people who love to see an Indiana Jones skin for Han Solo... Poor us... This the point we reached. How we pretend that this people can understand how bad cross era heroes are in Galactic Assault?
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

d6ra3m3hmb2s.gif
    Also note this way the number of saber users and blaster users are same on each side. And each Hero just appears in one era. Perfectly balanced as all things should be.
    It also makes the most sense this way. Luke, Han and Leia doesn’t belong to the ST with these skins. Obi-Wan and Yoda are also PT versions. And Palp is the OT Emperor (and he is pretty much ruining most of the PT maps anyway).
    If some of these Heroes are weaker than others (looking at you First Order Heroes) then to keep the balance the weaker should be buffed, the OP must be nerfed. But tell me, shouldn’t they balance the heroes even if we keep cross era? Makes no difference.
    After the era lock event was over I got the same frustrating choke point madness with 4 Heroes running towards me/throwing explosives, chainlightning me from somewhere. Yey.
    Not sure why people love to have 4 Heroes on such small choke point based GA maps. It’s an infantry mode with some SOME Enforcers, Vehicles and Heroes. Or can you use 4 AT-STs as well?

The voice of the REASON. Reason losted by many others.
  • F8RGE wrote: »

Could you make plans?

This game desparately needs a server browser and custom servers so people can play the way they want.
  • DarthJ
    6759 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Not personally bothered either way. Happy to see era-specific turn up as an event as per the weekend just gone. I think at this point being upset about cross-era heroes isn't a worthwhile cause. We are a year past launch, F8RGE has already said they have no plans to change it, so......its not gonna change.

Me personally? I stick to era specific heroes or blasters per map, so in my mind I am playing era specific. If I see someone else running around as Rey on Kamino it doesn't massively bother me, that's their choice.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • [/quote]quote="Master_Cunha;c-1305941"]

Could you make plans?

This game desparately needs a server browser and custom servers so people can play the way they want. [/quote]

I agree with @forge I think it's fine as it is. Pluses and minuses but overall fine
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    At the time the reveal trailer dropped, I was following the hype here in the forums, and on YouTube, and on Facebook, and a little bit on Reddit. The reveal trailer showed Darth Maul and Yoda, then mentioned "battling heroes and villains from different eras". EVERYONE I saw who posted anything on any of those sites understood that to mean that there would be a mode or maybe even two or three modes that allowed cross-era heroes in a kind of dream-match whatif-mode context.

The assumption was that it would be the same as the Hero Arena Battle mode in Pandemic's Battlefront II from 2005 -- one mode in which all heroes and villains from all the eras could battle it out in a big sandbox jumble, while the rest of the game had separate eras and kept everything accurate.

We all figured that a modern Battlefront 2 would have another HvV like the 2015 game had, probably a Hero Hunt, maybe a Hero Blast, and all those would be cross-era. Sounded good to me. Some people posted worriedly asking if there would be cross-era in the main Walker Assault type mode they were advertising, but the community reassured those few people that they didn't have to worry, they'd never put the wrong heroes in battles for their flagship mode. That would be ridiculous.

Then the beta released, and we all saw Han Solo and Rey leading the Clone troopers against the droids in the streets of Theed. People got worried. They started asking questions again, was there going to be cross era in the whole game? A disastrously inept poll was made, giving only two options, "yes cross era" or "no cross era."

Many people had been excited by the idea from the reveal trailer of fighting heroes from different eras -- heck, even I thought it sounded like fun. The community response came back at around 60% yes cross era, 40% no cross era. It seemed fairly clear where the majority was. DICE and EA listened, and went to work finalizing the game as we have it.

But another poll came out just a month later, with the insight to give three options for clarity: Cross era in everything, Cross era in nothing, and Cross era only in hero modes. The community resoundingly responded with 10% Cross-era in everything, 10% Cross-era in nothing, and 80% Cross-era in hero modes only.

But it seems that by this time it was too late. The game released as it is, with every mode that has heroes also having cross-era. Not ONE accurate mode.

While Immersion is great and all, this isn't an role playing game. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be on the resistance with only Finn and Rey against Kylo and Phasma.
    Sounds great to me. They could balance them more if they have to. Which they should have done before release.

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Yeah and who would ever want to play a St map with the 4 most boring heroes in this game? Kylo is pathetic in Ga and so is Phasma... Finn is top tier in Ga and same with wall hack Rey. Explain how First Order would ever win those maps?
  • In a very very distant galaxy DICE would implement mode specific values so that a couple Era specific Heros were on a par with specific Villains ie Gameplay took precidence. ...but very unlikely
  • Eddie7417 wrote: »
    At the time the reveal trailer dropped, I was following the hype here in the forums, and on YouTube, and on Facebook, and a little bit on Reddit. The reveal trailer showed Darth Maul and Yoda, then mentioned "battling heroes and villains from different eras". EVERYONE I saw who posted anything on any of those sites understood that to mean that there would be a mode or maybe even two or three modes that allowed cross-era heroes in a kind of dream-match whatif-mode context.

The assumption was that it would be the same as the Hero Arena Battle mode in Pandemic's Battlefront II from 2005 -- one mode in which all heroes and villains from all the eras could battle it out in a big sandbox jumble, while the rest of the game had separate eras and kept everything accurate.

We all figured that a modern Battlefront 2 would have another HvV like the 2015 game had, probably a Hero Hunt, maybe a Hero Blast, and all those would be cross-era. Sounded good to me. Some people posted worriedly asking if there would be cross-era in the main Walker Assault type mode they were advertising, but the community reassured those few people that they didn't have to worry, they'd never put the wrong heroes in battles for their flagship mode. That would be ridiculous.

Then the beta released, and we all saw Han Solo and Rey leading the Clone troopers against the droids in the streets of Theed. People got worried. They started asking questions again, was there going to be cross era in the whole game? A disastrously inept poll was made, giving only two options, "yes cross era" or "no cross era."

Many people had been excited by the idea from the reveal trailer of fighting heroes from different eras -- heck, even I thought it sounded like fun. The community response came back at around 60% yes cross era, 40% no cross era. It seemed fairly clear where the majority was. DICE and EA listened, and went to work finalizing the game as we have it.

But another poll came out just a month later, with the insight to give three options for clarity: Cross era in everything, Cross era in nothing, and Cross era only in hero modes. The community resoundingly responded with 10% Cross-era in everything, 10% Cross-era in nothing, and 80% Cross-era in hero modes only.

But it seems that by this time it was too late. The game released as it is, with every mode that has heroes also having cross-era. Not ONE accurate mode.

Sounds great to me. They could balance them more if they have to. Which they should have done before release.

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Yeah and who would ever want to play a St map with the 4 most boring heroes in this game? Kylo is pathetic in Ga and so is Phasma... Finn is top tier in Ga and same with wall hack Rey. Explain how First Order would ever win those maps?

If they are both pathetic in GA, shouldn’t Dice balance that anyways?...

Yes they should but do you really want the Dark side to be more op than it already is?
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »

If you want immersion as your primary gameplay concern, single player and RPG games are the genre to look for, not multiplayer shooter games.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me but I feel immersed in the game. Even in Galactic Assault. In Heroes vs. Villains when I play as Rey I pretend I'm actually her on a journey. Just me? lol
  • I'm totally with the OP.

The game felt like the game I imagined prior to it's release during this last event.

Way more balanced, way more immersive, and it actually felt you were a hero/villain on the battlefront with a real impact on the battle.

My suggestion is;

Galactic Assault = Era Appropriate Heroes/Villains, 2 per side max limit, and 6000-10,000 battlepoint cost

"Galactic Onslaught" = All Heroes/Villains, no limit per side, 2500 battlepoint cost

Best of both worlds and no one can complain.
  • GenxDarchi
    7726 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Eddie7417 wrote: »

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

They've tried, but their skillsets just suck. Kylo pretty much got nerfed, and Phasma's entire setup is garbage.
    They would have to do full reworks of the abilities, which sadly they just don't seem capable of.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• GenxDarchi wrote: »

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

They've tried, but their skillsets just suck. Kylo pretty much got nerfed, and Phasma's entire setup is garbage.
    They would have to do full reworks of the abilities, which sadly they just don't seem capable of.

In truth balance Kylo and Phasma will be simple.

Kylo:

- add 50 base damages on his pull.
    - decresce by 5 seconds the cool down on pull
    - decrease by 2 seconds cool down on freeze
    - fix his frenzy
    - increase the speed of his base lightsaber strikes

Phasma:

- add a lunge on his staff strikes
    - add 2 charge staff strikes for a total of 5
    - improve her health card, for example 30 (not 20) health back every HIT (not kill) with the staff
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

- improve her health card, for example 30 (not 20) health back every HIT (not kill) with the staff

None of what you just said would make me choose them over better options like Palpatine or Bossk for pushing objectives in GA. The problem is that DICE opted to diversify the ability sets amongst the heroes and villains... some characters have ability sets which are vastly superior to GA combat than others... and some have abilities which are vastly superior to HvV. For example how does adding a lunge on staff strike make Phasma a better pick in GA over Palpatine or Bossk... it doesn't. Thankfully DICE appears to be aware of this disparity, thus their decision to keep the current system in place.

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

Mode based values for any character .It's not rocket science ????. .No perfect solution because a lot of people have no interest in pushing objectives just killstreaks in teams. A possible ,very limited programming required, technique would to have a dynamic switch of server based files....they dare not touch code, that is the message from the CM
  • Most new players would never get to play heroes then. I wish there was a dislike button for posts like this.

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

This would make them more viable for HvV, but in GA they would still be trash compared to Finn/Rey. There unique skillsets are not even close to being viable in GA. Even with this buff they would still be losing.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Most new players would never get to play heroes then. I wish there was a dislike button for posts like this.

That is the kind of ultra casual mentality that has hurt many design choices in this game. If you are a NEW player and are dying to be a Hero.....welcome to the mode Heroes Versus Villains, where you can select whoever you can get you buttons on and start mastering their moves and craft.

If you want to be a Hero in GA...then follow the mechanics of its setup and learn the skill to earn the points in the match and it will happen in any natural game of GA...you get killed as a trooper and go to the menu to find Heroes are selectable. See having a Hero in BF2015 Walker Assault was a "special" occasion and once a hero was taken up, everyone would just focus on the engagement as a troop, backing up the Heroes when you could. Getting and seeing heroes is absolutely nothing "special" in this GA and it's become a boring reality of so many be present and they are never balanced enough to be even grounded in a stand off. And there have been constant cries for all development to stop until the heroes are fixed...which haven't been satisfying. And to shoot down any other requests or idea suggestions because the hero mess has to be perfect before anything else can be implemented or added.

New players should want to earn the hero...not just be handed it cheaply and in abundance. Just nothing cool or special or rewarding about that... just boring. But like I said, there are 2 other strictly hero modes where you can instantly get to play as anybody. If you want to carry a team in an infantry battle?? Get the skills to get there...and it doesn't matter if there's not 4 to 6 to 9 hero slots available...you'll get it if your good enough. "Pride and accomplishment" - Dice, 2018
  • Ugh, grammarical errors abound...but I dare not edit into the "void".
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

None of what you just said would make me choose them over better options like Palpatine or Bossk for pushing objectives in GA. The problem is that DICE opted to diversify the ability sets amongst the heroes and villains... some characters have ability sets which are vastly superior to GA combat than others... and some have abilities which are vastly superior to HvV. For example how does adding a lunge on staff strike make Phasma a better pick in GA over Palpatine or Bossk... it doesn't. Thankfully DICE appears to be aware of this disparity, thus their decision to keep the current system in place.

Honestly i'm already very good with Kylo in Galactic Assault, so with these buffs and fixs he would be very viable. probably you don't use him enough to understand that he have potential. Just buff him in this way and you will see how good he can be.
    For phasma, maybe she needs more but add a lunge on his strikes would make her a lot better considering her high health. You can't do comparison with palpatine or Bossk because these 2 are better than any other hero, Bossk especially need a little nerf in my opinion.

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

This would make them more viable for HvV, but in GA they would still be trash compared to Finn/Rey. There unique skillsets are not even close to being viable in GA. Even with this buff they would still be losing.

See the resp above.

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

Honestly i'm already very good with Kylo in Galactic Assault, so with these buffs and fixs he would be very viable. probably you don't use him enough to understand that he have potential. Just buff him in this way and you will see how good he can be.
    For phasma, maybe she needs more but add a lunge on his strikes would make her a lot better considering her high health. You can't do comparison with palpatine or Bossk because these 2 are better than any other hero, Bossk especially need a little nerf in my opinion.

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

See the resp above.

A Kylo, no matter how great, will not be able to compete with a Finn or Rey buffed team. I’m sorry, the utilities they provide to their soldiers are too great, and if Kylo makes a mistake, dead. I have seen a Kylo carry the team, and destroyed us on Jakku phases 1-2, but as soon as I got Finn and just spammed Big deal, he could no longer push, as his skills couldn’t, and won’t be able to compete with the buffs from Big Deal. Phasma would still be uselsss, as Big deal would cut her dps to very low amounts. FO will lose against anybody with the knowledge to use Finn, and at least 10 competent players. If Rey is there, the Resistance will win pretty much every time.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

See the resp above.

A Kylo, no matter how great, will not be able to compete with a Finn or Rey buffed team. I’m sorry, the utilities they provide to their soldiers are too great, and if Kylo makes a mistake, dead. I have seen a Kylo carry the team, and destroyed us on Jakku phases 1-2, but as soon as I got Finn and just spammed Big deal, he could no longer push, as his skills couldn’t, and won’t be able to compete with the buffs from Big Deal. Phasma would still be uselsss, as Big deal would cut her dps to very low amounts. FO will lose against anybody with the knowledge to use Finn, and at least 10 competent players. If Rey is there, the Resistance will win pretty much every time.

So many definitive statements. You must know how every single scenario and player uses their heroes....

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

See the resp above.

So many definitive statements. You must know how every single scenario and player uses their heroes....

No, all I know was that we were getting steamrolled by a Kylo on Jakku, I picked Finn, used Big deal, and we ended up winning, even though they were winning two phases ago with minimal casualties.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

Firstly I have played a ton of Kylo... he was one of the first heroes I got full purple cards for. His skill set is not good for large scale combat... and GA as a mode is based on large scale combat.

Secondly, your statement about Palpatine and Bossk is so absurd I almost didn't bother responding... so, if you don't like how a comparison exposes the weakness of your position, now that comparison is invalid??? Good stuff, I won't waste my time here further... especially since the devs finally put this issue to rest.

Exactly, it's an arcade blaster. You'd never find immersion in a multiplayer game. It's basically fortnite with a star wars skin.

This coming from the same guy who sided with the guy who said that the game is "not supposed to be balanced" lol

Oh the kids are so confused.

Sad!

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

See the resp above.

Ok then just buff Kylo Ren or nerf these absurd over power team buff of Yoda and Finn

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

See the resp above.

Ok then just buff Kylo Ren or nerf these absurd over power team buff of Yoda and Finn

Buffing Kylo Ren wouldn't work, his kit is garbage, same with Phasma. They would have to revert all the nerfs on Finn's deadeye and blaster, and they definitely are not doing that. Face it, Kylo and Phasma will always be worse than Finn and Rey, their abilities are pretty garbage in GA.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

I
    Like this:

CLONE WARS
    • Yoda
    • Obi-Wan
    • Anakin
    • Darth Maul
    • Dooku
    • Grievous

GALACTIC CIVIL WARS
    • Luke
    • Leia
    • Han
    • Chewbacca
    • Lando
    • Vader
    • The Emperor
    • Boba Fett
    • Bossk
    • Iden

FIRST ORDER WARS
    • Rey
    • Finn
    • Kylo
    • Phasma

Kylo:

- fix his frenzy

Phasma:

See the resp above.

Face it, Kylo and Phasma will always be worse than Finn and Rey, their abilities are pretty garbage in GA.

Good grief have you ever seen the videos from Matthew Serna with Kylo and Phasma in GA?? Stop trying to convince people that your declaration of "garbage" characters is unquestionable. It just comes off so pompous and pretentious from you guys.
This discussion has been closed.