criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Squad System - Change "Default" Spawn To Left Side

Prev1
BucksawBoushh
4473 posts Member
edited January 20
Hello @F8RGE

I have a small quality of life type change that I and others feel would greatly improve the Squad System. Simply put, the Default spawn option should be changed to the LEFT side of the spawn box. This would speed up gameplay and allow players to get back into the action faster. More than not it's much quicker to spawn in using the Default option than to hover around until somebody is out of combat or spawned back in. This change would especially be helpful in Blast but should be implemented in all modes.

Again, not a huge deal, but a small change that could be an improvement on the current Squad System.

See below.

cfm1yewe4ojz.png

In case any of you were wondering, yes, I created this image myself. Available for hire.
PSN: BucksawBoushh

Replies

• Relmets wrote: »
    Blast doesn't even need the squad system, don't understand why they couldn't have made it fast blast like the event. Everyone else I know who's a regular in that mode agrees as well.
    100% with you though, if we have squads this change would be appreciated. Navigating the menu isn't exactly silky smooth, and most of them time my spawn options are DEFEATED, DEFEATED, DEFEATED, and DEFAULT anyways, so putting the most used spawn as the first option is helpful.

The in vehicle spawn option as well.
    #StarWars-y
  • Relmets
    1914 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Blast doesn't even need the squad system, don't understand why they couldn't have made it fast blast like the event. Everyone else I know who's a regular in that mode agrees as well.
    100% with you though, if we have squads this change would be appreciated. Navigating the menu isn't exactly silky smooth, and most of them time my spawn options are DEFEATED, DEFEATED, DEFEATED, and DEFAULT anyways, so putting the most used spawn as the first option is helpful.

The in vehicle spawn option as well.

Getting stuck with the pilot, driver, and turret operator
    6s83bhjaxuqf.gif

[+3748 posts]
  • d0kRX
    1348 posts Member
    yes I agree
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Agree for this small change in the UI, its easier to navigate
  • Bump.
    #StarWars-y
  • ...but common sense does not sell ;-)
  • Watching the "in combat" msg flicker constantly while you can plainly see they're not in combat...
    Being in proximity to enemies is NOT combat.
  • ZephanUnbound
    1841 posts Member
    edited February 21
    Yeah, agree with this. I honestly don't even like the squad spawn system at all when I play Blast, it is broken as hell. I can't count the number of times that I've been milliseconds away from shooting a guy in the back, only to have one of his squad mates spawn behind him, blocking my shots with his spawn damage immunity, then had them both turn around and blow me to smithereens.
  • One would’ve thought that this would’ve been... You know... the Default.
  • Hello @F8RGE

I have a small quality of life type change that I and others feel would greatly improve the Squad System. Simply put, the Default spawn option should be changed to the LEFT side of the spawn box. This would speed up gameplay and allow players to get back into the action faster. More than not it's much quicker to spawn in using the Default option than to hover around until somebody is out of combat or spawned back in. This change would especially be helpful in Blast but should be implemented in all modes.

Again, not a huge deal, but a small change that could be an improvement on the current Squad System.

See below.

cfm1yewe4ojz.png

In case any of you were wondering, yes, I created this image myself. Available for hire.

Awesome, unprecedented PhotoShop skills...
  • One would’ve thought that this would’ve been... You know... the Default.

Agreed and bumped.
    #StarWars-y
  • Yes please default spawn on the left side w no spawn timer! Spawn timer should be to spawn on squad mates!
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Hello @F8RGE

See below.

cfm1yewe4ojz.png

Awesome, unprecedented PhotoShop skills...

You’re too kind :)
  • Default bump.
    #StarWars-y
  • Especially since the start-up positioning is ON the left side.........
  • Especially since the start-up positioning is ON the left side.........

Yep. Hope the team considers this going forward and removing the spawn timer when selecting the default option.
    #StarWars-y
  • Agreed! This is a good quality of life change. Find myself scrolling to default 95% of the time because everyone else is greyed out and in combat, or dead. Good idea!
  • Default bump.
    #StarWars-y
  • I realize now that it is on the right so you automatically start spectating your squad....
  • Evo911
    239 posts Member
    Proposed that at the very beginning of this bad designed squad system.
    Well...in fact they are modifying things that not a single player here is requesting and not touching things that are requested.

Good job Devs dream team
  • Lost the ability to spawn on aerials in GA so another spawning opportunity lost. Default should really be left side without the timer. Don't want to spectate my teammates, want to get back into the action as quickly as possible.
    #StarWars-y
  • Default bumped again. Move default to the left side. Not sure about others but default as is what I have to choose about 99% on the time.
    #StarWars-y
  • RyanK388
    1464 posts Member
    Or just make so that the cursor just starts on default when respawning because that sounds simpler to do.
  • In Combat. In Vehicle. Blank (squad mate has quit). Aerial. Defeated.
    So why can't I spawn on Aerial any longer? If one team can access a high location with an Aerial then so can the other team so why the nerf?
    Please explain why the Default option is not on the left side and why do I need a spawn timer if I'm selecting the default option as I'm no where near combat.
    This is just another reason, one of many, why this game is a mess.
    #StarWars-y
  • Bumped.
    #StarWars-y
  • Yep. I agree with this for sure.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Bumped.
    #StarWars-y
  • Turn left.
    #StarWars-y
  • Left is right for the default spawn.
    #StarWars-y
  • Make this change. Such a simple quality fix.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Liz4rD
    774 posts Member
    When you got so few ppl working on the game, this change could mean retracting significant time and resources to other more important changes as bugfixing or level designing.

I say no.

In this context (few resources/dev team) there must be a stablished hierarchy and priority on these things, and I guess this is not on top of the list.

When you got so few ppl working on the game, this change could mean retracting significant time and resources to other more important changes as bugfixing or level designing.

I say no.

In this context (few resources/dev team) there must be a stablished hierarchy and priority on these things, and I guess this is not on top of the list.

I just want it to be added at some point.
    Check these posts out:
  • jordi1337
    1153 posts Member
    it doesnt take 10 seconds to scroll over to the right side... you dont lose no time

I say no.

If they have time to add an emote wheel that nobody wanted, (and without any tactical emotes to utilize it) they got time to switch a button from right to left.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Liz4rD
    774 posts Member
    Liz4rD wrote: »

I say no.

If they have time to add an emote wheel that nobody wanted, (and without any tactical emotes to utilize it) they got time to switch a button from right to left.

Thats your opinion. I say if they got the time, they should spent it on other things despite what they did about emote wheel.
  • While it doesn't bother me that much, I agree changing the side of the default spawn would be better.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif

I say no.

What should their priorities be?
  • Relmets
    1914 posts Member

I say no.

Apparently this QOL change would take time away from more bug fixing

Because there's been lots of that going on lately :#
    [+3748 posts]
  • Empire_TW
    5525 posts Member

I say no.

Clone Skins
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

I say no.

Clone Skins

Executive sleepware.
    #StarWars-y
  • Empire_TW
    5525 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

I say no.

Clone Skins

Executive sleepware.

Battle-damaged-er Grievous
    au1nfqtfyt82.png

I say no.

Clone Skins

Executive sleepware.

Chewbacca with a band-aid.
    #StarWars-y
  • Empire_TW
    5525 posts Member

I say no.

Clone Skins

Executive sleepware.

Hawaiian Vacation Lando
    au1nfqtfyt82.png

I say no.

Clone Skins

Executive sleepware.

Hawaiian Vacation Lando

Now I want a Mai Tai. Lets mix it up. Takodana chickens. (with bbq'd with Scarif sauce)

Also I hope everyone notices we are reading from Left to right.
    #StarWars-y
  • Empire_TW
    5525 posts Member

I say no.

Clone Skins

Executive sleepware.

Hawaiian Vacation Lando

Now I want a Mai Tai. Lets mix it up. Takodana chickens. (with bbq'd with Scarif sauce)

Also I hope everyone notices we are reading from Left to right.

It won't be easy to get the chicken now, it runs away.
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
  • RyanK388
    1464 posts Member
    I really dislike that when I press check the roster button, to see what happening when I’m waiting to respawn it resets me back to the left, so I have to waste valuable seconds to move back to default spawn Just because I was curious to see how my team is doing
  • Bumped to the left.
    Default spawn should be 0.
    #StarWars-y
  • Evo911
    239 posts Member
    Be careful...even just for that EA/Dice devs dream team are able to bug the entire gane..