criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Luke's face has been buffed!

Billkwando
1740 posts Member
edited January 23
I've complained before about Luke's face. How he looks more like a comic book version of Luke, than actually looking like Mark Hamill.

I notice he looks better now. It may be just a lighting tweak on the character select screen, but I'm wondering if it's more than that. It may be my imagination, but he looks a bit more wide-eyed, as Luke should, and you can see the blue in his eyes now, especially toward the bottoms. He actually looks a bit cheerier now, whereas before he seemed like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. :p

Now that I'm poking around. Leia looks different too. I can't say whether I like her better or not, so I'll just stick to Luke, lol.

I haven't been able to get a good look at Luke's face during gameplay yet (do emote, swing camera around) but I do have this old pic of what he looked like pre-update, so when I get a chance, I will try to do another and see if I can see any difference.

u2I1hyW.png
ZI7BNkU.gif
^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
(Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

Replies

• Billkwando wrote: »
    I've complained before about Luke's face. How he looks more like a comic book version of Luke, than actually looking like Mark Hamill.

I notice he looks better now. It may be just a lighting tweak on the character select screen, but I'm wondering if it's more than that. It may be my imagination, but he looks a bit more wide-eyed, as Luke should, and you can see the blue in his eyes now, especially toward the bottoms. He actually looks a bit cheerier now, whereas before he seemed like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. :p

Now that I'm poking around. Leia looks different too. I can't say whether I like it better or not, so I'll just stick to Luke, lol.

I haven't been able to get a good look at Luke's face during gameplay yet (do emote, swing camera around) but I do have this old pic of what he looked like pre-update, so when I get a chance, I will try to do another and see if I can see any difference.

u2I1hyW.png

He still looks like a lizard to me. I'm not so sure.
  • He still looks mostly the same. The character select screen had its lighting altered.
  • But you know who really had a face buff? Han swallows. When he got his younger more handsome looking self. That is when he became bearable to look at. Something that actually attracts the eye and not repel it. Can't say the same for Lando, shame.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    He still looks mostly the same. The character select screen had its lighting altered.

Yeah, if nothing else, I noticed him, Han and Leia's faced looked a bit pinker, (didn't look at everybody but I assume it's the same) and maybe they're lit from below a bit more. This interests me, and I have some old pics of Luke from the character viewer that I just remembered, so maybe I'll do a comparison. I could just tell something had changed. :)
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Zyder
    374 posts Member
    Kylo, Leia and Rey have been facial improved too
  • "Blue Steel"

Most underrated comment of the day, in my opinion.
  • What about Alec Guinness' face? :)
  • I think the menu is glitched and the glow of Doughku's red saber on the main menu is on everyone.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • After this post I went to look at Rey and I'm pretty sure her face has been buffed.
  • After this post I went to look at Rey and I'm pretty sure her face has been buffed.

I just saw this after your mention in another thread, but yeah, you're right. @Empire_TW is probably right about the red glow too, but yes, some facial features have definitely been changed. I haven't looked in the character viewer today (will after work) but I don't think it follows you in there.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• It’d be nice if they’d buff Luke’s skin selection options.
    #StarWars-y