criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battle Point Event: Eras

Prev13456
EA_Tom
262 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 24
rhk1li4nk7hl.png

BATTLE POINT EVENT: ERAS
Start Time: Jan 25th - 00:01 UTC
End Time: Jan 28th - 06:00 UTC

For all Galactic Assault maps, era-appropriate heroes will have their Battle Point costs reduced by 50%, while non-era heroes will be unavailable.


hacnd9nv6753.png

Replies

  • Lee1981
    1309 posts Member
    What happens in phase 3-4 on ST maps when there can be 4 hero’s on each side

    First order only have 2 available where’s resistance have at least 6 hero choices
  • How will this work in the prequels?
    There are three light side heros and four darksiders heros.
    In the last phase will it simply be three vs four?
    Same for the first order maps. Two darksider vs four or five light side heros.
  • Lee1981
    1309 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    What happens in phase 3-4 on ST maps when there can be 4 hero’s on each side

    First order only have 2 available where’s resistance have at least 6 hero choices

    Heroes will be limited to 2 a side.
    Thanks

    Interesting to see how final phases pan out with this
  • Lee1981
    1309 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    How will this work in the prequels?
    There are three light side heros and four darksiders heros.
    In the last phase will it simply be three vs four?
    Same for the first order maps. Two darksider vs four or five light side heros.
    Just got in before you lol
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    How will this work in the prequels?
    There are three light side heros and four darksiders heros.
    In the last phase will it simply be three vs four?
    Same for the first order maps. Two darksider vs four or five light side heros.
    Just got in before you lol

    All three posts posted within the same minute.

    Illuminati.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    How will this work in the prequels?
    There are three light side heros and four darksiders heros.
    In the last phase will it simply be three vs four?
    Same for the first order maps. Two darksider vs four or five light side heros.
    Just got in before you lol

    All three posts posted within the same minute.

    Illuminati.

    You have a strong connection with the force
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    1438 posts Member
    edited January 24
    bcuts13 wrote: »
    So you all are really going to introduce this mode the first weekend that Dooku's released?

    Agreed. Now that we get Dooku, we’ll only be able to play as him in 3 of the 12 galactic assault maps? But from the positive comments above, maybe I’m one of the few who doesn’t care at all about immersion and cross-era heroes at this point.

    4 of the 13 galactic assault maps (Kamino, Naboo, Kashyyyk, and Geonosis)
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • That Obi Wan clone armor looks like he's playing dress up in his daddy's gear.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • This is an L. Let’s pander to the complainers more and ruin it for the people who actually want to have fun.
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    Excellent, make it permanent please.

    If this became permanent I guarantee the player base would drop( although it already has considering most people play fortnite or PUBG over this already for reasons like this) why are you complaining about realism in an online shooter.

    I’m not complaining about the realism (although it has always bugged me and will be ridiculous if you have Vader fighting Anakin!), I don’t play GA much because of all the Hero’s constantly dominating the field/objectives, restricting it to 2 is a positive step in my opinion and I will be playing it over the weekend.

    I’m sure the same usually players will get the Hero’s first but at least it’ll make them play different ones and not just the usual GA dominating few.

    Strangely I do enjoy the Hero’s unleashed event’s and would like more of them, which would help balance this IF it became permanent.
  • Looking forward to it.
  • I don't mind the event...but the timing is poor at best. I would rather double xp than era limited heroes after a new hero release. I feel a lack of any kind of rational planning from this move.
  • tbh i don't mind such era locked events as it will be a new 'immersive' gameplay experience as some would call it but shouldn't Heroes Unleashed or a Double XP Event be more appropriate to celebrate the launch of Count Dooku?

    i mean if you are promoting him, you should not be in any way 'Restricting Content' or Access

    its like spending money on advertisement on a new product to bring customers to your shop, only to turn down all the customers lining up in queue saying.. "eh sorry guys, it ain't for sale at this time. Go watch our advertisements instead"

    lol i mean, the person behind this planning in DICE should do some self reflecting... timing seems rather Odd indeed

    ok got my mini rant out of the way :) cheers
  • Jaku wrote: »
    I can only assume this event is to show people how awful era restriction is by locking the brand new hero to 4 maps, I approve. I'll play RE2 over the weekend while I wait for this to end

    Timing FTW.
    moenr1cb9t4w.jpg
  • holstar1993
    640 posts Member
    edited January 25
    Ok, why is PT obi wan on yavin 4?
  • Pretty bad timing.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!