criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Saber hero only type mode

GrayOne
359 posts Member
edited January 25
ltygzu7xno3s.gif
I would really like to play a saber only duel or sabers only free for all type mode. I get so frustrated getting killed, from a far or behind with a blaster, whilst engaged in saber duel. The way blaster heroes play just doesn't make HvV enjoyable. I'm a saber/force hero user only btw, even in GA.

Replies

• Learn to block and defend. Get situational awareness.
  • It is pretty annoying
    Especially when you get frozen in place
  • Learn to block and defend. Get situational awareness.

Explain how to block and defend a blaster and shock abilities(there's no defense against shock abilities btw) when you are already engaged in a saber duel, sometimes with multiple saber duelist. My situational awareness is fine, my good sir/ma'am, there is no way to determine blaster hero location when outside of site and radar range. Give us some substance with your comments, explain, give an actual battle scenario. So tired seeing similar comments like your and "get good". Just a bunch of h8rs, who want to kill you with blasters. BTW I have no problem with blaters users who get up and close and wreck house, mad respect for those players, they can bring the pain. But blaster campers can stay out of this mode that I'm trying to suggest.
    vamxedohtl3r.gif
  • It is pretty annoying
    Especially when you get frozen in place

Right when you're about to land the finishing blow on Luke of Obi Wan, then frickin Lando (usually) or Chewy, shock and melt you.
  • I would love any sort of match making customization, but is not going to happen.
    We don't even have private matches :disappointed:
  • GrayOne
    359 posts Member
    edited January 26
    My son and I really like playing custom arcade, we will play duel mode, remove abilities, and make health one hit. It changes the way you play saber combat completely. There's no room for spamming or any folderol,. It really bring a new life to how all the saber heroes are played.
    Post edited by GrayOne on
  • GrayOne wrote: »
    Learn to block and defend. Get situational awareness.

Explain how to block and defend a blaster and shock abilities(there's no defense against shock abilities btw) when you are already engaged in a saber duel, sometimes with multiple saber duelist. My situational awareness is fine, my good sir/ma'am, there is no way to determine blaster hero location when outside of site and radar range. Give us some substance with your comments, explain, give an actual battle scenario. So tired seeing similar comments like your and "get good". Just a bunch of h8rs, who want to kill you with blasters. BTW I have no problem with blaters users who get up and close and wreck house, mad respect for those players, they can bring the pain. But blaster campers can stay out of this mode that I'm trying to suggest.
    vamxedohtl3r.gif

You don't get yourself into 2-3-4v1 situations. You stick with your team. You keep an eye on your radar. You keep an eye on the enemy team and who is missing. If a member of the enemy team is missing, expect him to "start shooting you in the back", so be prepared for that. Don't leave your back exposed if possible.

If there is an enemy blaster hero at a distance - block, dodge and retreat if the circumstances are unfavorable. Wait for your team and regroup with them. Nothing shameful in that. Tactics and skill are key in HvV. Never charge at the enemy(ies) unless you're good and can take them out our you can afford to die in order to take 2-3 with you in the same of eliminating a key player.

Lando's shock can be avoided. Try to stay in such place so that even if Han hit you with his detonite, he won't have good opportunity to unload his blaster into you. And so on.

Long story short - don't start battles you cannot win and play as a team. Blaster heroes are OK and each has its way to be dealt with.

It's not that I wanna troll and just right "git gud", I just don't have time and desire to write such a novel like this one. Hope it helps.
  • There is, it’s called street fighter
  • There is, it’s called street fighter

There are lightsaber duels in Street fighter!? Whaaaaaat!?
    kcb83qofl1yn.gif
    Learn to block and defend. Get situational awareness.

vamxedohtl3r.gif

You don't get yourself into 2-3-4v1 situations. You stick with your team. You keep an eye on your radar. You keep an eye on the enemy team and who is missing. If a member of the enemy team is missing, expect him to "start shooting you in the back", so be prepared for that. Don't leave your back exposed if possible.

If there is an enemy blaster hero at a distance - block, dodge and retreat if the circumstances are unfavorable. Wait for your team and regroup with them. Nothing shameful in that. Tactics and skill are key in HvV. Never charge at the enemy(ies) unless you're good and can take them out our you can afford to die in order to take 2-3 with you in the same of eliminating a key player.

Lando's shock can be avoided. Try to stay in such place so that even if Han hit you with his detonite, he won't have good opportunity to unload his blaster into you. And so on.

Long story short - don't start battles you cannot win and play as a team. Blaster heroes are OK and each has its way to be dealt with.

It's not that I wanna troll and just right "git gud", I just don't have time and desire to write such a novel like this one. Hope it helps.

I will say I do have a different experience, when my team does play together...but it is few and far between, when randoms can play together. A game chat would help, but Xbox online is full if toxic players and EA nipped that in the bud by eliminating it all together. All we really need is a sqaud command type emotes that says "stay together slamos". I get the worst luck when spawning in too, teams way the parsec on the other side of the map, and die by the time I get to them, and then 4 heroes destroy my face.
    There is, it’s called street fighter

kcb83qofl1yn.gif

If you want to melee with skill play this, no button mash heroes here
  • How about a duel mode, it could be set up light tournament brackets, players face off and move up the tiers, winners fight the winners, losers fight the losers and so on. Or a free for all saber death match. What about a mode called movie duels, where....do I really need to explain, but yeah movie duel...MUSTAFAR!!! CORUSCANT SENANTE!!!
  • GrayOne
    359 posts Member
    edited January 26
    GrayOne wrote: »
    There is, it’s called street fighter

kcb83qofl1yn.gif

If you want to melee with skill play this, no button mash heroes here

I'm just not a Street Fighter nerd. Thanks for the suggestion, but I prefer it my way.
    1jrkbnjz8yi2.gif

• fh0j3rm7hpbx.gif

We need this Luke skin, his new hope garb, and this area of the Death Star. It could come out with a new saber only duel mode. Or just private arcade matches, could solve a lot of what people want.
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    I would like to try a saber hero only event.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I would love this
  • rja3e5dzkb55.gif
    This could be real
    I'm a saber/force hero user only btw, even in GA.

It seems you've effectively identified your problem all by yourself.

The only viable option is Rey for GA, and HvV being what it is.... (Borderline unplayable)

....Yeah.
  • A saber hero only event will only highlight the flaws of the current saber combat. I guess that isn't a bad idea since a lot more people will complain and they may change into something a bit better (like before 1.2 I think it was). I am so tired of lingering strikes (which I am not sure if they are due to lag or the game itself), the saber hit stagger and block being unreliable.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • then grievous wins all combats.
  • No Darth Maul
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    No Darth Maul

Why not?

he is the fun one :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    No Darth Maul

Why not?

I was replying to thelasteverjedi
  • GrayOne
    359 posts Member
    Just thought of another awesome mode slash content drop!
    Another mode that would be great, would be a free for all mode, it would go great with an order 66/revenge of the sith content drop. Mustafar and Utapau map laoctions, and a 1v1 duel mode to go with the Obi Wan Anakin duel, then the free for all mode would make more sense too. Also my hardcore mode suggestion would be nice, no abilities, just sabers and blasters. Skill against skill alone, no tricks.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    No Darth Maul

Why not?

I was replying to thelasteverjedi

Maul wins? But Anakin?

Would love to give it a try though. Do we have equal number of slashers?
  • Jedi vs Sith
  • brienj
    592 posts Member
    That is why you get blaster heroes on your team to counter the other ones. I will always watch the back of the saber users if I am using a blaster hero, as long as they help watch my back when I'm the target, or keep Anakin busy if I am the target as Boba, everything will go great and we will win.
    ltygzu7xno3s.gif
    I would really like to play a saber only duel or sabers only free for all type mode. I get so frustrated getting killed, from a far or behind with a blaster, whilst engaged in saber duel. The way blaster heroes play just doesn't make HvV enjoyable. I'm a saber/force hero user only btw, even in GA.

It would be about as welcome to a great deal of us as testicular cancer.

I'm sick of light sabre heroes wrecking the balance of games. Anakin spam in GA and CS is too much.
  • But I looove guns. Especially when I can shoot people restricted to melee range.
    "Blasters beat sabers"- Iden Versio

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Yep. Saber only mode would be amazing. Be even better if LS could duel LS and vice versa. Just pick a hero 'n duel.