criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Removing maps permanently or we get a server browser or map vote function

I personally cannot stand Jakku, Takodana or Starkiller Base. With the current rotation I just quit when these maps come on. For some reason every time I log in for a game these maps are playing and have to play all in a row because of the current rotation. Its pretty much cancer.

Can we have a weekend event removing these maps or maps chosen by community poll.

No server browser or map vote makes it very frustrating.............

Replies

• Terrible idea. Removing maps of all things? Yeah, no.

well, then the map selection idea is the next best thing. Some people like the sequel era maps, some the OG era maps, and the last ones are the prequels era maps. It is a phenomenal idea to have a map selection or at least era selection since most people only ever want to play in their favorite era.
    "Jawas are the key to Life"- ME

• Terrible idea. Removing maps of all things? Yeah, no.

well, then the map selection idea is the next best thing. Some people like the sequel era maps, some the OG era maps, and the last ones are the prequels era maps. It is a phenomenal idea to have a map selection or at least era selection since most people only ever want to play in their favorite era.

But then it could get to the point of basically removing maps because very few like them. Punishing people because they don't fit the majority is not how to make a game. A map vote would be far superior. 1 thing Call of Duty did right.
  • BucksawBoushh
    4749 posts Member
    edited January 26
    I actually like all of the maps you mentioned. My suggestion is to just tough it out during these maps. A despise playing in Kashyyyk but I would hate to see it taken out of rotation.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • hsf_
    1756 posts Member
    Terrible idea. Removing maps of all things? Yeah, no.

But then it could get to the point of basically removing maps because very few like them. Punishing people because they don't fit the majority is not how to make a game. A map vote would be far superior. 1 thing Call of Duty did right.

If I go to a resturaunt, I get a choice of what I want to eat.
    If I watch TV, I get a choice of what I want to watch.
    When I load up Spotify, I get a choice of what to listen too.
    When I play Battlefront 2, I am forced to play maps that I personally don't like.
  • map vote is the answer i agree
  • I personally cannot stand Jakku, Takodana or Starkiller Base. With the current rotation I just quit when these maps come on. For some reason every time I log in for a game these maps are playing and have to play all in a row because of the current rotation. Its pretty much cancer.

Can we have a weekend event removing these maps or maps chosen by community poll.

No server browser or map vote makes it very frustrating.............

Agreed. I would love to remove the PT maps from my rotation.
  • How to choose your era:

1. Start search for GA
    2. Consult ticker at top of screen
    3. Cancel until the era you prefer is chosen

It’s, like, wicked easy.
  • hsf_ wrote: »

When I play Battlefront 2, I am forced to play maps that I personally don't like.

You’re paying for the food. You’re forced to watch ads and listen to them unless you’re paying for Spotify too. Are you paying to play this game?
  • I don't like this idea.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget

So essentialy removing maps other people like due to unpopular opiion is fair? That's called double standards, kiddo. It's generally frowned upon in public-literally-anything.
  • Let me guess what EA's feedback will be.

Hey ##USER##!

Thanks for reaching out with your opinion about the game! frankly we don't give a **** so play something else or keep struggling to feed from EA's tit for Star Wars content. We promise we care!
  • Remove Kashyyyk, Jakku and Crait. Overplayed and boring.

More Starkiller
    More Takodana
    More Hoth
    More Endor
    More Deathstar II

Death to Jakku and Kashyyyk!
  • Server browser + Server rental would solve many of these woes.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • How to choose your era:

1. Start search for GA
    2. Consult ticker at top of screen
    3. Cancel until the era you prefer is chosen

It’s, like, wicked easy.

I’d bet that finding a ST era GA game would quickly become a problem.
  • hsf_
    1756 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »

You’re paying for the food. You’re forced to watch ads and listen to them unless you’re paying for Spotify too. Are you paying to play this game?

Yes, I'm paying for the service that they provide.
    No, I don't get adverts on my TV, because I never watch live TV I always watch recorded TV. This gives me a choice of being able to skip the adverts, clever huh?
    Yes I pay for premium spotify.
    I paid for the game yes, why - is it free now?
  • Funny
    I just keep canceling the search until I see a map that I like
    Sometimes it can take a while
    The game loves to try to force me to play maps I don’t want to play
    But I refuse to waste my time on any ST map except Crait (since Geonosis is right after)
  • It’s a bummer that we can’t pick maps yet, but you can vote for which era you would like future content to come from:

https://strawpoll.com/dfcb34hf
  • how can map vote be that hard to implement. long map rotation it is a must.

safe to say most of the ST maps noone even wants to play. Heck even most SW fans think this era should not have existed in the first place. last jedi was a disgrace.

safe to say most of the ST maps noone even wants to play. Heck even most SW fans think this era should not have existed in the first place. last jedi was a disgrace.

Basically, "I'm a double-standard tool because I just want exactly what I already know so I'll complain they're too similar to stuff I already know"
  • DCDT
    143 posts Member
    No map voting! That just makes us play the same maps over and over and over and over.
  • Server browser with map voting , yes please ! I cannot believe this was not in bf2. Medal of honor in 1999 had a server browser with game mode, ping, map etc... how they were not able to include it 20 years later in every online games ? It's a shame!
  • Lol Quake 3 has server browser and map voting function that game is 20 years old. I still play that game call me tragic but some of the best players still play that game
  • The thought of limiting our maps and map selection even more makes me sick to my stomach. Leave it as is and suck it up when a map come on that you don't like. Those are my thoughts at least.

What a strange comparison.

If you go to a restaurant, you get a choice of what you would like to eat, but the chef doesn't remove the menu options that you don't like if other people like them instead (same argument applies to TV and Spotify).

You are not forced to play anything you don't like. There are options to cancel, options to quit, there are even options to uninstall if the game dissatisfies you.

Safe to say most of the St maps noone even wants to play...

Even most SW fans think this era should not have existed...

Last Jedi was a disgrace...

Amazing, every word of what you just said was wrong.
  • We've been asking for map voting, era specific or server browsing for over a year, it's not looking to good.
  • I'd rather a server browser. Partly because at least you would know if there are games going on that server.

I'd be strongly against a map voting system as the CW Fan bois would block vote and we'd virtually never play anything else.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Zyder
    361 posts Member
    I want a map votation, rotation is the worst thing of this game. So if I search and Jakku appears it means I won't play like Clones or Rebels in the next 2 hours. Also, sequel maps are horrible (except Crait). Remove Takodana and Jakku from HvV and make Starkiller Base in the destroyed forest. And Geonosis must be the hangar.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    how can map vote be that hard to implement. long map rotation it is a must.

So you like playing Jakku and are in the 0.01% minority thats fine. You can still play Jakku but at least we need a browser or map vote function.

So you like playing Jakku and are in the 0.01% minority thats fine. You can still play Jakku but at least we need a browser or map vote function.

I would quite like a map vote function. I would suggest having a sample of maps though. The vote might split too much if all maps were on offer every time. You'd move on to the next map with say, 3/40 votes...

But if there were a map vote function then he would never get to play Jakku. I also enjoy Jakku, I say a set map rotation is fine.

But if there were a map vote function then he would never get to play Jakku. I also enjoy Jakku, I say a set map rotation is fine.

Welcome to the 0.01% 😂
  • The one main item this game is lacking in, maps, and you want to remove maps?? No.
    Put me in to 0.01% as well.
    This game needs new maps, campaign maps or ported SWBF 15 maps.
    #StarWars-y