criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Saber Stun Is Worse Post Update

Anybody else find that saber stun lock is worse after the Dooku update? Maybe it's just me.
PSN: BucksawBoushh

Replies

  • Anybody else find that saber stun lock is worse after the Dooku update? Maybe it's just me.

    I found it became this bad after the Geonosis & Obi-Wan Kenobi update, long before Dooku.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Nope, It has been objectively worse than ever after Dooku update. Stuns are worse, and dodge/roll is sometimes uneffective. And now sabers are like magnets, and your body is like Iron, even if you dodge or roll and even if the enemy stayed back several meters, they are atracted to you magnetically and even your position is modified and forced backwards a litle just to encounter that magnetic lightsaber blade. So you can literally see ppl going back or dissapearing and appearing a meter and a half from their previous position, just because the server (deciding who is hit and who is not despite your efforts) and game mechanics being poor and bad designed.

    I play almost everyday and mainly HS and HvsV.

    Exactly. It's TERRIBLE right now. Not only do you get stunned but you seem to get sucked back towards their sabers. Very noobed out. It's like they want 6 year olds to be able to run out there and get saber kills as Rey.

    Rey, vader and Grievous.
  • bumppppppp
  • I agree it’s even worse . My tactic use to be wait for them to hit first and counter but now I can’t even do that because my block doesn’t work half the time so they can just saber spam me because I’m thinking the block should work but it doesn’t .

    When you try to dodge they just lunge 40 feet towards you and hit you so that’s basically useless now because of the tracking.

    Right now the saber combat is so mindless and noob friendly.
  • Yeah, saber stuns are very cancerous. Someone give this game chemo therapy please...
  • Anybody else find that saber stun lock is worse after the Dooku update? Maybe it's just me.

    Not just you. Had a pretty bad string of matches earlier today and yesterday. Makes HvV unplayable at times.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • MC_XIX
    1419 posts Member
    I've found that rolling as a blaster hero is still very effective, but the dodges of saber heroes have been nerfed. When I dodge as a saber hero now, it does nothing to stop the enemy tracking me and still landing hits which I definitely evaded. Dooku especially seems to suffer with this- while he has 3 dodges, his are shorter and don't prevent the enemy from spamming you to death.
  • Bandicoot
    513 posts Member
    edited January 30
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Lightsaber combat is something we're looking at, more on this when we detail out the upcoming changes.

    Playing a blaster hero in hvv is impossible vs saber if they get into saber range at the moment. You used to get sabered a couple times and you could roll out and shoot a few shots, now your a saber magnet after you roll, or you can't roll cause saber lock. It used to take skill as a saber user to counter a good blaster player, now no skill at all just spam. I feel this game is becoming all about spam, gotta cater to the scrubs right.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Lightsaber combat is something we're looking at, more on this when we detail out the upcoming changes.

    It is still coming in February, right?
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Lightsaber combat is something we're looking at, more on this when we detail out the upcoming changes.

    Good to hear. I know you guys mentioned getting of/looking at the stagger, but I very much feel that the saber stun lock is the main issue with saber combat.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Lightsaber combat is something we're looking at, more on this when we detail out the upcoming changes.

    Playing a blaster hero in hvv is impossible vs saber if they get into saber range at the moment. You used to get sabered a couple times and you could roll out and shoot a few shots, now your a saber magnet after you roll, or you can't roll cause saber lock. It used to take skill as a saber user to counter a good blaster player, now no skill at all just spam. I feel this game is becoming all about spam, gotta cater to the scrubs right.

    I played as a saber hero once in all my games of HvV yesterday, and it was the easiest match I've ever played. I played as Vader and there was a Chewy on the other team. Once I got within 10 feet of him, all I had to do was press the R trigger over and over and he dies within seconds, and he couldn't do anything about it.

    This is what happens when crybaby Youtubers and streamers complain about the ONE way that standard infantry or non-saber heroes could counter light sabers. It used to be if the person sucked, you could just dodge their saber spam and win the fight because you out played them, and if they were better than you, they would do the same to you.

    now all you need to do is get somewhat close, and then give that R trigger a rip!

    it's always 1 step forward and 2 steps back, and this nonsense right here is a GREAT example of why complaints from the community need to be taken seriously only if they are legit.

    The people complaining about rolling away from saber heroes because they didn't know how to use heroes properly are the ones that caused all this.

    With grievous it’s even easier
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Lightsaber combat is something we're looking at, more on this when we detail out the upcoming changes.

    Playing a blaster hero in hvv is impossible vs saber if they get into saber range at the moment. You used to get sabered a couple times and you could roll out and shoot a few shots, now your a saber magnet after you roll, or you can't roll cause saber lock. It used to take skill as a saber user to counter a good blaster player, now no skill at all just spam. I feel this game is becoming all about spam, gotta cater to the scrubs right.

    I played as a saber hero once in all my games of HvV yesterday, and it was the easiest match I've ever played. I played as Vader and there was a Chewy on the other team. Once I got within 10 feet of him, all I had to do was press the R trigger over and over and he dies within seconds, and he couldn't do anything about it.

    This is what happens when crybaby Youtubers and streamers complain about the ONE way that standard infantry or non-saber heroes could counter light sabers. It used to be if the person sucked, you could just dodge their saber spam and win the fight because you out played them, and if they were better than you, they would do the same to you.

    now all you need to do is get somewhat close, and then give that R trigger a rip!

    it's always 1 step forward and 2 steps back, and this nonsense right here is a GREAT example of why complaints from the community need to be taken seriously only if they are legit.

    The people complaining about rolling away from saber heroes because they didn't know how to use heroes properly are the ones that caused all this.

    Exactly, saber heroes take little skill at the moment, and yeah grievous is just no skill spam fest.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Lightsaber combat is something we're looking at, more on this when we detail out the upcoming changes.

    Playing a blaster hero in hvv is impossible vs saber if they get into saber range at the moment. You used to get sabered a couple times and you could roll out and shoot a few shots, now your a saber magnet after you roll, or you can't roll cause saber lock. It used to take skill as a saber user to counter a good blaster player, now no skill at all just spam. I feel this game is becoming all about spam, gotta cater to the scrubs right.

    I played as a saber hero once in all my games of HvV yesterday, and it was the easiest match I've ever played. I played as Vader and there was a Chewy on the other team. Once I got within 10 feet of him, all I had to do was press the R trigger over and over and he dies within seconds, and he couldn't do anything about it.

    This is what happens when crybaby Youtubers and streamers complain about the ONE way that standard infantry or non-saber heroes could counter light sabers. It used to be if the person sucked, you could just dodge their saber spam and win the fight because you out played them, and if they were better than you, they would do the same to you.

    now all you need to do is get somewhat close, and then give that R trigger a rip!

    it's always 1 step forward and 2 steps back, and this nonsense right here is a GREAT example of why complaints from the community need to be taken seriously only if they are legit.

    The people complaining about rolling away from saber heroes because they didn't know how to use heroes properly are the ones that caused all this.

    Exactly, sabers are no skilled at the moment. And yeah grievous is just no skilled spam.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Lightsaber combat is something we're looking at, more on this when we detail out the upcoming changes.

    Playing a blaster hero in hvv is impossible vs saber if they get into saber range at the moment. You used to get sabered a couple times and you could roll out and shoot a few shots, now your a saber magnet after you roll, or you can't roll cause saber lock. It used to take skill as a saber user to counter a good blaster player, now no skill at all just spam. I feel this game is becoming all about spam, gotta cater to the scrubs right.

    I played as a saber hero once in all my games of HvV yesterday, and it was the easiest match I've ever played. I played as Vader and there was a Chewy on the other team. Once I got within 10 feet of him, all I had to do was press the R trigger over and over and he dies within seconds, and he couldn't do anything about it.

    This is what happens when crybaby Youtubers and streamers complain about the ONE way that standard infantry or non-saber heroes could counter light sabers. It used to be if the person sucked, you could just dodge their saber spam and win the fight because you out played them, and if they were better than you, they would do the same to you.

    now all you need to do is get somewhat close, and then give that R trigger a rip!

    it's always 1 step forward and 2 steps back, and this nonsense right here is a GREAT example of why complaints from the community need to be taken seriously only if they are legit.

    The people complaining about rolling away from saber heroes because they didn't know how to use heroes properly are the ones that caused all this.

    True words, often it's better to ignore forum user complains about what needs a nerf and what needs a buff.
    The game is still a lot of fun, but i think some things was clearly better at launch then yet.
  • Relmets
    1424 posts Member
    Bumping this
    Lightsaber combat is atrocious
    I can't help but imagine how much better the good parts of this game would be if lightsabers were not a factor

    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Seriously considering not playing until this is fixed. Gameplay in HvV is atrocious right now.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Lightsaber combat is something we're looking at, more on this when we detail out the upcoming changes.

    Playing a blaster hero in hvv is impossible vs saber if they get into saber range at the moment. You used to get sabered a couple times and you could roll out and shoot a few shots, now your a saber magnet after you roll, or you can't roll cause saber lock. It used to take skill as a saber user to counter a good blaster player, now no skill at all just spam. I feel this game is becoming all about spam, gotta cater to the scrubs right.

    I played as a saber hero once in all my games of HvV yesterday, and it was the easiest match I've ever played. I played as Vader and there was a Chewy on the other team. Once I got within 10 feet of him, all I had to do was press the R trigger over and over and he dies within seconds, and he couldn't do anything about it.

    This is what happens when crybaby Youtubers and streamers complain about the ONE way that standard infantry or non-saber heroes could counter light sabers. It used to be if the person sucked, you could just dodge their saber spam and win the fight because you out played them, and if they were better than you, they would do the same to you.

    now all you need to do is get somewhat close, and then give that R trigger a rip!

    it's always 1 step forward and 2 steps back, and this nonsense right here is a GREAT example of why complaints from the community need to be taken seriously only if they are legit.

    The people complaining about rolling away from saber heroes because they didn't know how to use heroes properly are the ones that caused all this.

    Truth... especially the bold. Used to have far less ‘WTF moments’ and more ‘alright yep I got out played’. Wasn’t perfect, but we get further from it each update.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • DarthCapa2
    2674 posts Member
    edited February 1
    I play a lot both, saber and blaster heroes. The only blaster hero that is more defenseless vs sabers is Leia because she don't have explosives or stun abilities.
    All the others have a lot of tools to defend themselves vs saber heroes. Sorry but if you permit to a saber hero to close the gap it is natural that at melee you deserve to lose or to be in disadvantage. People here pretend to go toe to toe with Maul or Grievous as Han or Lando and win (and anyway it is actually still possible). Be sincere, is not ridiculous? You want saber heroes be garbage only because you prefer play as blasters? Sure a bad blaster hero that don't use his tools in the correct way will be destroyed for example by Grievous, but is true even the contrary, a bad Grievous will be destroyed by Han.

    If you are Han, Lando, Chewbacca, Iden etc etc.. (with Bossk is even easier win) keep the distance as much as you can and decrease their health as much as you can while you are at distance (it is your advantage position), then if they come close use your detonate charge or your stuns abilities in the right moment and if you don't win (the majority of times you can win at this time) they will be at very low health.
    At that moment they have 2 possibilities:
    1 escape (and in this case the situation is changed, you are the predator now).
    2 charge you with low health (at this point some good roll and you can easily win).

    Honestly (saber stun a part) i don't know what you have to complain) it is a tricky situation to balance, if you incapacitate saber heroes more they will garbage, if you buff blasters heroes more they will be OP. Sure there is the chance to do severals tweaks but in general is not easy balance this situation.
    Play correctly and blaster heroes are way better than saber heroes.
  • Raylol
    772 posts Member
    edited February 1
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    I play a lot both, saber and blaster heroes. The only blaster hero that is more defenseless vs sabers is Leia because she don't have explosives or stun abilities.
    All the others have a lot of tools to defend themselves vs saber heroes. Sorry but if you permit to a saber hero to close the gap it is natural that at melee you deserve to lose or to be in disadvantage. People here pretend to go toe to toe with Maul or Grievous as Han or Lando and win (and anyway it is actually still possible). Be sincere, is not ridiculous? You want saber heroes be garbage only because you prefer play as blasters? Sure a bad blaster hero that don't use his tools in the correct way will be destroyed for example by Grievous, but is true even the contrary, a bad Grievous will be destroyed by Han.

    If you are Han, Lando, Chewbacca, Iden etc etc.. (with Bossk is even easier win) keep the distance as much as you can and decrease their health as much as you can while you are at distance (it is your advantage position), then if they come close use your detonate charge or your stuns abilities in the right moment and if you don't win (the majority of times you can win at this time) they will be at very low health.
    At that moment they have 2 possibilities:
    1 escape (and in this case the situation is changed, you are the predator now).
    2 charge you with low health (at this point some good roll and you can easily win).

    Honestly (saber stun a part) i don't know what you have to complain) it is a tricky situation to balance, if you incapacitate saber heroes more they will garbage, if you buff blasters heroes more they will be OP. Sure there is the chance to do severals tweaks but in general is not easy balance this situation.
    Play correctly and blaster heroes are way better than saber heroes.

    *Vader comes closer to a blaster hero while blocking*

    Lmao, you’re saying that blaster heroes are OP? In all your threads you want saber heroes to be more OP than they are, you even ask for Vader’s buffs, all your started threads are related to lightsaber heroes, just start using blaster heroes.

    Lightsabers shouldn’t auto track and shouldn’t stun, it’s like saying Blaster heroes should have auto aim.
  • Raylol wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    I play a lot both, saber and blaster heroes. The only blaster hero that is more defenseless vs sabers is Leia because she don't have explosives or stun abilities.
    All the others have a lot of tools to defend themselves vs saber heroes. Sorry but if you permit to a saber hero to close the gap it is natural that at melee you deserve to lose or to be in disadvantage. People here pretend to go toe to toe with Maul or Grievous as Han or Lando and win (and anyway it is actually still possible). Be sincere, is not ridiculous? You want saber heroes be garbage only because you prefer play as blasters? Sure a bad blaster hero that don't use his tools in the correct way will be destroyed for example by Grievous, but is true even the contrary, a bad Grievous will be destroyed by Han.

    If you are Han, Lando, Chewbacca, Iden etc etc.. (with Bossk is even easier win) keep the distance as much as you can and decrease their health as much as you can while you are at distance (it is your advantage position), then if they come close use your detonate charge or your stuns abilities in the right moment and if you don't win (the majority of times you can win at this time) they will be at very low health.
    At that moment they have 2 possibilities:
    1 escape (and in this case the situation is changed, you are the predator now).
    2 charge you with low health (at this point some good roll and you can easily win).

    Honestly (saber stun a part) i don't know what you have to complain) it is a tricky situation to balance, if you incapacitate saber heroes more they will garbage, if you buff blasters heroes more they will be OP. Sure there is the chance to do severals tweaks but in general is not easy balance this situation.
    Play correctly and blaster heroes are way better than saber heroes.

    *Vader comes closer to a blaster hero while blocking*

    Lmao, you’re saying that blaster heroes are OP? In all your threads you want saber heroes to be more OP than they are, you even ask for Vader’s buffs, all your started threads are related to lightsaber heroes, just start using blaster heroes.

    Lightsabers shouldn’t auto track and shouldn’t stun, it’s like saying Blaster heroes should have auto aim.


    This.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Agreed. Makes me want to take another break from playing this game.
  • Raylol wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    I play a lot both, saber and blaster heroes. The only blaster hero that is more defenseless vs sabers is Leia because she don't have explosives or stun abilities.
    All the others have a lot of tools to defend themselves vs saber heroes. Sorry but if you permit to a saber hero to close the gap it is natural that at melee you deserve to lose or to be in disadvantage. People here pretend to go toe to toe with Maul or Grievous as Han or Lando and win (and anyway it is actually still possible). Be sincere, is not ridiculous? You want saber heroes be garbage only because you prefer play as blasters? Sure a bad blaster hero that don't use his tools in the correct way will be destroyed for example by Grievous, but is true even the contrary, a bad Grievous will be destroyed by Han.

    If you are Han, Lando, Chewbacca, Iden etc etc.. (with Bossk is even easier win) keep the distance as much as you can and decrease their health as much as you can while you are at distance (it is your advantage position), then if they come close use your detonate charge or your stuns abilities in the right moment and if you don't win (the majority of times you can win at this time) they will be at very low health.
    At that moment they have 2 possibilities:
    1 escape (and in this case the situation is changed, you are the predator now).
    2 charge you with low health (at this point some good roll and you can easily win).

    Honestly (saber stun a part) i don't know what you have to complain) it is a tricky situation to balance, if you incapacitate saber heroes more they will garbage, if you buff blasters heroes more they will be OP. Sure there is the chance to do severals tweaks but in general is not easy balance this situation.
    Play correctly and blaster heroes are way better than saber heroes.

    *Vader comes closer to a blaster hero while blocking*

    Lmao, you’re saying that blaster heroes are OP? In all your threads you want saber heroes to be more OP than they are, you even ask for Vader’s buffs, all your started threads are related to lightsaber heroes, just start using blaster heroes.

    Lightsabers shouldn’t auto track and shouldn’t stun, it’s like saying Blaster heroes should have auto aim.

    1) Vader came closer while blocking? Ok, first of all if he block he is a sit duck and he can't reach you. Second if he block just use your detonite charge, your shock grenade etc etc.. He can't block this abilities. At this point unleash on him a blaster barrage or escape to fight another day. Tools for fight saber heroes are present, just learn how to play.

    2) no I'm not saying that blaster heroes are OP. I'm just saying that aren't so bad as you say vs saber heroes.

    3) no I don't want buffs for saber heroes or only for saber heroes. I never ask a buff for Maul recently because Maul is balanced. Same for Grievous (bugs a part) same for Luke in Galactic Assault he is fine. Etc etc.. And I also ask buffs for blaster heroes like Chewbacca and Phasma.

    4) yes I ask some tweaks for Vader but only to make him better only in Galactic Assault. He is ok in heroes vs villains, but in Galactic Assault considering the new heroes he lack something.

    5) I repeat i use every hero of the game except Finn because I don't like him. One time I pick Maul, one time I pich Han, another time Vader then Lando etc etc. Indeed I have all the heroes at level 40 except Finn.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!