criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battle Point Event: Heroes

Prev1
EA_Tom
262 posts EA Community Manager
edited February 1
olc8gcepa3gr.png

BATTLE POINT EVENT: HEROES
Start Time: Feb 1st - 23:01 UTC
End Time: Feb 4th - 05:00 UTC

During this weekend event, heroes can be unlocked for 50% off their normal battle point cost.
Post edited by EA_Tom on

Replies

• At last, Revenge.
    I really don't like scrubs mouthing off. Don't poke the bear.
  • Is there already a February calendar?
  • I'm excited.
  • DarthJ
    5422 posts Member
    Will a February calendar be released in the next couple of days?
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    oou9q4ol0qct.png

End Time: Feb 4rd - 05:00 UTC

Heroes are being unleashed in Galactic Assault once again. During this weekend event, heroes can be unlocked for 50% off their normal battle point cost.

Just to be clear, is this actually another HU event? Will all Heroes/Villains be available during all phases?

The description only mentions the discount.

Thanks!
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    oou9q4ol0qct.png

End Time: Feb 4th - 05:00 UTC

Heroes are being unleashed in Galactic Assault once again. During this weekend event, heroes can be unlocked for 50% off their normal battle point cost.

Is it just me, or does the Count look like Steven Segal here?

Add some sunglasses and the requisite black shoe polish hair coloring and then I’ll render my opinion.

I’m not near a PC with Photoshop right now, so I’ll wait patiently for someone else to run with this.

lvd8jxgbyif4.jpeg
  • 2seqlt.jpg

• Should last a week not just weekends....
  • awesome!
  • I'm thinking the same as @Omniscient that it doesn't specify that more heroes than normal will be available, so it won't be a true HU event, just a standard reduced cost event as it is outlined. Can you clarify for us @EA_Tom ?
  • Mouse92im wrote: »
    Gotta say. I enjoy this for two to three matches then since I can’t play regular GA, I end up playing a different game for the rest of the weekend.

Really wish they created a separate menu option and dedicated servers for weekend or weekly events. Let us play the normal modes we purchased.

They do, 99% of the time. When it's not HU event.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    oou9q4ol0qct.png

End Time: Feb 4rd - 05:00 UTC

Just to be clear, is this actually another HU event? Will all Heroes/Villains be available during all phases?

The description only mentions the discount.

Thanks!

Was gonna ask the same question considering the description.
  • OcDoc
    590 posts Member
    Woooohooooo!
  • its not HU

its literally just regular ga, with 50% off bp for them
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I've never played a battlepoint event that I was disappointed with yet. This one sounds like it will be fun too.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    its not HU

oh didn't notice! >:)
  • @EA_Tom

So is it Heroes Unleashed or is it just 50% off the cost but everything else is normal?
  • OcDoc
    590 posts Member
    @EA_Tom

So is it Heroes Unleashed or is it just 50% off the cost but everything else is normal?

Yes, would like confirmation please!

• T0TALfps wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    @EA_Tom

Can confirm that it isn't Heroes Unleashed although we do hear the communities love for that event, this event is 50% off the cost of heroes with everything else being at normal/default Battle Point pricing.

Thank you for the clarification and yes, many of us would love to see the REAL Heroes Unleashed return. Thanks!
  • good lord the complaining never ends.
  • Starfighter Assault Heroes Unleashed maybe?
  • Bandicoot
    222 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Thank god its not heroes unleashed. Bring hero tdm as a seperate mode, and please never ever bring that spam fest back again.
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    its not HU

Lol I I know some just don't read. Live service at its finest
  • Starfighter Assault Heroes Unleashed maybe?

I would image the screen freezing up completely if that event was even tried.
  • OcDoc
    590 posts Member
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    @EA_Tom

Can confirm that it isn't Heroes Unleashed although we do hear the communities love for that event, this event is 50% off the cost of heroes with everything else being at normal/default Battle Point pricing.

Bummer... Will have to tell my friends, “nevemind”.

Not mad or anything but half priced heroes don’t really help anything. People will still be extra careful with their heroes because they will know that getting killed will mean no more heroes the rest of the game unless you camp on the spawn screen which actually hurts gameplay.

Only way it works is when lots of heroes are available on the cheap. When that happens, you can be really aggressive knowing that soon enough you can be a hero again if you want. Then there is no camping and heroes go after heroes relentlessly.
  • I would like to see an Event that doesn't decrease BP cost for Heroes but there's no cap for heroes either. Essentially, earn the necessary BP's, reward is a hero. I would at least like to try it out.

@EA_Tom
  • I would like to see an Event that doesn't decrease BP cost for Heroes but there's no cap for heroes either. Essentially, earn the necessary BP's, reward is a hero. I would at least like to try it out.

@EA_Tom

One word. No. The better team will have more kills more BP, 8 heroes, stopping other team getting any kills. No kills no BP no hero. It will bad.

@EA_Tom

One word. No. The better team will have more kills more BP, 8 heroes, stopping other team getting any kills. No kills no BP no hero. It will bad.

Prove it and give it a go.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1273 posts Member
    edited February 1
    @EA_Tom

it is heroes unleashed. every hero available.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    Can confirm that it isn't Heroes Unleashed...

For future reference, I suggest multiple in-house members review each posting before being made public. The confusion surrounding this event would have never arisen had the following phrase not been uttered in the original post:

Heroes are being unleashed in Galactic Assault once again...”

This was a poor choice of wording for something that is turning out not to be HU.

Has an official dev come out and said whther it is or isnt?
  • I've played 8 heroes vs 8 heroes from phase 1
  • JakeSkywalker
    2 posts Member
    edited February 1
    I hate this event so much, its not fun at all everytime this event starts, i end up playin a another for the only 2 data i’m off 😑 stop this event!!!!!

[Edited language]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • NomiSunstrider
    1609 posts Member
    edited February 1
    It is the same Hero Unleashed thing all over again...Stop forcing us to play this event...

[Edited language]
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• T0TALfps wrote: »
    @EA_Tom

It's Hero Unleashed just played 8v8 second Phase on Kashyyyk...
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Definitely standard HU. I had a typical HU night.

Tatooine - neither side got past phase 1 in just a chaotic mess.

Death star - see above

Endor - I grabbed finn in phase 1 and me, han and leia stayed together and rolled all the way thru phase 3.

It's a good weekend to level your lesser used heroes. That's about it.

• Wooohooo.... again.

They said it was just gonna be discounted heroes which was actually going to make getting a hero and spawn screen camping worse.

Good news, should be on tonight.
  • HU was 75 percent off bps as I recall, but there are definitely more heroes available. I only played phase 1 of kamino and it was a hero fest, nobody playing the objective.
  • Looks like ga is unplayable now.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I saw this starting the game.
    Star-Wars-Revenge-of-the-Sith-adaptation-Dark-Horse.jpg
    Why??!
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala