criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Obiwan Kenobi Improvement Ideas and Discussion

Prev1
dmr4rx8sqeac.gif

As we are all aware, Obiwan Kenobi’s style of play in Battlefront is intended to mimic Form III: Soresu as his favored form. Highly defensive in natured and dependent on positioning, Master Kenobi could use some sharpening up in his tool set. Knocking heads together with Landeau, Elusive DJ, Whodunnit and Mastapeece, we’ve been discussing just what that should our could entail for him.

With the recent release of the Count, it’s become more apparent just how flawed this hero is, and how he lacks a distinct style of his own. The list below is all the ideas we’ve come up with that could potentially improve him on the battlefront. We don’t expect everyone to agree with all these ideas, so this thread aims to see what other players would/wouldn’t like to see from here and maybe something we missed! A lot of this is focused around his abilities as his movement, jump, swing speed and blocking(when it’s working as intended) seem to be in a decent place right now. Enough blabbering, let’s check out what we came up with!

egnvu4zxdz85.jpeg

*Please note before posting: we are not asking for all these changes to occur, rather looking to discuss them.

RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK-
-Able to move normally while activating.
-able to block while activating RMT, at the cost of increased stamina drain.
-affected enemies stamina and overheat increased.
-20% movement speed reduction for all affected.

ALL-OUT PUSH-
-block while charging, at the cost of high stamina drain.
-can charge push while mobile.
-charge and push can be done while airborne

DEFENSIVE RUSH-
-lateral movement increased(can barely turn 180 degrees and that’s if you turn immediately).
-remove the finisher/downward swing, replace with normal swing essentially cancels the rush and can be turned into a normal combo of swings. As is, the transition from the downward strike animation to normal attacks is too long. A smoother and more efficient flow is needed.
-Damage reduction to the back while rushing.
-Blocks Thrown Sabers

GENERAL-
-able to block while jumping, high stamina drain. A defensive masters success rides heavily on positioning. DR is not a reliable option to achieve this. Yoda, Luke and Rey all have dashes and rushes to escape outnumbered engagements, this should be Obi’s.

-Health bar increased to 800 base, the Darkside has two villains with this amount

-Slightly increased block radius. In testing it now appears to be in line with Luke, but should be slightly wider.

-Remove current jump swings, replace with a downward strike.

We feel some of these changes(or all!?) would make him a better hero choice in all three modes. Stamina management(also a trait of a Soresu Master) would play a larger role, increasing the skill required to use him effectively while simultaneously making him a more versatile hero. Defensive Rush getting some big changes was the consensus among us that needs the most addressing.

What would you like to see the most from here? Something we missed? Let’s discuss your experiences with him and see what everyone thinks below!

heciz94a1dgc.gif

Knights of Gareth
XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Replies

• Relmets
    2212 posts Member
    The only saberlords I play are Luke and Maul, but I specifically avoid Obi because of his wack ability activation. I dunno if it's just me but besides the fact that he needs his feet planted on the ground for whatever reason, they barely seem to want to work regardless.
    Improving the smoothness of his ability usage is a welcome change from me
    [+3748 posts]
  • I like all of your suggestions not sure about this two though

Would make luke's push kind of redundant imo
  • Agree with some but if all got added i think he would be a bit to strong. Like your opinion on block while jumping as well. 800 would be good as well not sure why him and Grevious are not the same..
  • awakespace
    1033 posts Member
    edited January 29
    I like these suggestions a lot and would be happy with this revamp.

I would probably try it with 750 health first because he will be much more resilient if he is able to block in the air, has a wider block radius, has damage reduction from the back with DR, and can trigger his abilities while blocking. In fact because of this I might decrease his health to 700. Survivability isn't an issue for Obiwan at all already.

And with his MT, I would actually change it up a bit. I would still have it disable abilities, but instead of disabling dodging, I would have it disable all attacks and blocking. This way all characters would be evenly affected because they could all dash and jump. Right now blocking saber users are barely impacted by MT.
  • I think his restrictive mind trick needs its length increased, thats the main issue is its not that useful in its current state

There’s also the broken block bug (dunno if that’s still an issue)
  • Obi is cluncky as hell, two of his abilities blocks him and the other one puts him on a slow rail open to force power, his swings/block bug were horrible at launch also but they improved on them at least.

If Obi could move when charging his push (walking speed only), freely move when using mind trick (still have the animation so he can't swing) and having the rush be faster, being able to turn more and block force powers (and please do not map the control of it on the keyboard but the mouse) he would be great. Right now exept for a double mindtrick combo with Rey (which is not the best team setup) there is not a single reason to pick him over other any saber hero.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • DarthCapa2
    2845 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Obi-Wan tweaks:

- Mind trick should prevent infantry to shoot, its duration it is short so it need a better reward.
    - All out push not charged need + 2/3 meters of range actually it have ridiculous short range.
    - Kenobi should be able to slowly move when he charge all out push
    - Should be possible to active forward when you block, actually the ability don't respond
    - Kenobi should be able to move faster when using block, or should be able to block while jumping
  • w8952u0nw8t0.gif
    Me likey
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Relmets wrote: »
    I dunno if it's just me but besides the fact that he needs his feet planted on the ground for whatever reason, they barely seem to want to work regardless.
    Improving the smoothness of his ability usage is a welcome change from me

Yes indeed, smoother and more fluid abilities is definitely needed for him.
    I like all of your suggestions not sure about this two though

Airborne push might be a bit much, but the thought of raining down with a charged push sounded like pure fun. But also is incredibly ‘offensive’, so probably the one thing that doesn’t fit here.
    Eddie7417 wrote: »
    Agree with some but if all got added i think he would be a bit to strong. Like your opinion on block while jumping as well.

Yeah there would definitely be ‘if he has that attribute added, the other would put him over the top’. Jump block was very high on my list, very unique and fitting for him, the high stamina drain would keep it from being overused.

@awakespace very good point on the heath increase. As he is, 800 wouldn’t be bad, add some of these ideas, it might be too much. Health increase might be easiest to implement of them all.

As for the RMT, that was my thinking with the stamina/overheat drain on the effected, block too much or swinging away would have a noticeable effect. And would still be something they have to manage and deal with after the RMT has worn off. Good post!

AuraStorm wrote: »
    I think his restrictive mind trick needs its length increased, thats the main issue is its not that useful in its current state

A length increase would be nice, but it seems too much of a quick fix and doesn’t address that he loses all mobility and momentum, leaving him vulnerable in the process. If he could use it while mobile, he could close gaps faster and give you a little more time to attack.
    Obi is cluncky as hell, two of his abilities blocks him and the other one puts him on a slow rail open to force power, his swings/block bug were horrible at launch also but they improved on them at least.

Agreed on the clunkiness, he’s better than when he dropped, but still has some glaring issues.

Good feedback all around so far!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Obi-Wan tweaks:

- Mind trick should prevent infantry to shoot, its duration it is short so it need a better reward.
    - All out push not charged need + 2/3 meters of range actually it have ridiculous short range.
    - Should be possible to active forward when you block, actually the ability don't respond
    - Kenobi should be able to move faster when using block, or should be able to block while jumping

We felt ‘choosing’ to block while activating push or MT would be better be a big change and strengthen his survivabilty quite a bit, the trade off was your stamina gets drained faster so as to not make it OP.

I like the faster blocking while moving idea... good one.
    w8952u0nw8t0.gif
    Me likey

Thank ya troopah!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Obi-Wan tweaks:

We felt ‘choosing’ to block while activating push or MT would be better be a big change and strengthen his survivabilty quite a bit, the trade off was your stamina gets drained faster so as to not make it OP.

I like the faster blocking while moving idea... good one.
    w8952u0nw8t0.gif
    Me likey

Thank ya troopah!

ex2m1dxm9sya.gif
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • I agree with the majority of those changes.

Good to hear. Really hope he gets a tune up soon!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • No one else has any issues with Obi.. Fine as is?

Any chance of having some of these things looked at?
    @F8RGE @IronSoldier @whoeverelseIshouldtag
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • All well thought out and realistic changes

Not gameplay related, but I really want some changes for his animations. Most of them are really cartoony and over exaggerated
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Completely agree. Kenobi feels not strong enough compared to his clone wars/films counterpart. Your ideas could make him better.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • awakespace
    1033 posts Member
    edited January 30
    I like all of your suggestions not sure about this two though

I think the idea with airborne charge push is that it would take a very high skill level to use because of the small hit radius - I would like this added personally - it would increase the fun factor of obi - he's okay but not really fun
    dmr4rx8sqeac.gif

DEFENSIVE RUSH-
    -lateral movement increased(can barely turn 180 degrees and that’s if you turn immediately).
    -remove the finisher/downward swing, replace with normal swing essentially cancels the rush and can be turned into a normal combo of swings. As is, the transition from the downward strike animation to normal attacks is too long. A smoother and more efficient flow is needed.
    -Blocks Thrown Sabers

I would also like defensive rush to have obi move a bit faster and thus cover a bit more ground - it seems like he's prancing forward and warming up for his afternoon tennis match...

Further I would make it so he can end the ability with a jump (like Han, Rey, and Chewy can)

Again I think the most important thing is to make him more fun and fluid
  • All well thought out and realistic changes

Not gameplay related, but I really want some changes for his animations. Most of them are really cartoony and over exaggerated

Agreed on that, his running is what bugs me the most. He runs very ‘light and dainty’.

Skip to around 1:40, would look much better.
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Completely agree. Kenobi feels not strong enough compared to his clone wars/films counterpart. Your ideas could make him better.

He doesn’t feel like he has his own distinct style IMO, some of these changes I agree would in turn make him a stronger choice.
    awakespace wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    dmr4rx8sqeac.gif

DEFENSIVE RUSH-
    -Blocks Thrown Sabers

I would also like defensive rush to have obi move a bit faster and thus cover a bit more ground - it seems like he's prancing forward and warming up for his afternoon tennis match...

Further I would make it so he can end the ability with a jump (like Han, Rey, and Chewy can)

Again I think the most important thing is to make him more fun and fluid

Yeah his run speed is almost the exact same as his rush speed. If he can’t have an increased turn movement, faster DR speed would indeed be nice.

And yes, the end of DR is it’s most glaring issue. He can get his block up at a decent speed after the finishing strike, but half the time if he doesn’t kill a target, your wide open for shots to the back anyway. I think taking out the downward blow would be a great first step... then you could combo it into normal swing, or as you said, jump.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • @Piscettios

A well thought out list. Thank y’all.

I’ve been trying to truly master Kenobi and have also come up with some adjustment suggestions.

-RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK-
    RMT should function like Rey’s. Rey’s MT triggers immediately upon activation and then she completes the animation. Kenobi’s works in the opposite fashion. RMT doesn’t trigger until his animation is complete. This one change would make the ability much more effective in CQC. Also, RMT should cancel all opponents active abilities in the AoE when triggered. Vader’s FR, Grievous’ CR, Boba’s FtH, etc.

-ALL OUT PUSH-
    This should not be a charge up ability but instead act more like a ranged ability such as a saber throw, or possibly act like Thrust Surge with a short animation delay. The range effect should be at maximum on trigger with maybe a smaller AoE. It should be able to be held for a time before release. Use during jump should be functional.

-DEFENSIVE RUSH-
    This ability should be able to be activated from block, like every other LB/R2 force ability in the game. Also, while engaged DR should act like a full block and block not only blaster fire, but all other blockable abilities as well.

• I agree with you in nearly everything. This what I disagree about:
    ALL-OUT PUSH-

It should block force abilities but not lightsaber strikes. Blaster bolts should either be blocked while charging or give him damage reduction.
    GENERAL

I don't feel this is necessary, right now people only swing when jumping to travel a slightly farther distance.
    RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK-

Same as before, shouldn't block lightsabers.
    ALL-OUT PUSH-

I'm not necessarily against it but this is one of the main perks Luke has for GA and changing this on top of everything else being suggested would render Luke useless.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    I agree with you in nearly everything. This what I disagree about:
    ALL-OUT PUSH-

It should block force abilities but not lightsaber strikes. Blaster bolts should either be blocked while charging or give him damage reduction.
    GENERAL

I don't feel this is necessary, right now people only swing when jumping to travel a slightly farther distance.
    RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK-

ALL-OUT PUSH-

I'm not necessarily against it but this is one of the main perks Luke has for GA and changing this on top of everything else being suggested would render Luke useless.

I’ll just number to avoid a quote/edit fest.

1. Agreed on the saber Strikes I suppose, as he could just activate the ability whenever he wanted with little repercussion. Damage reduction is definitely the quick fix, but doesn’t solve his wooden feel. I think activate while mobile would serve him best here.

2. I’m just really not a fan of the jump swings in general. It was more a toss in to see what others thought, a downward strike would be a much more useful attack than it is currently. As most, like you said, just use it to gain a little distance.

3. Agreed on the sabers

4. @Whodunnit was against this one for the exact same reason. And it’s very ‘offensive’, still wanted to toss it in the mix because imagining it in game sounded very fun and slightly most skilled to use than Luke’s.
    @Piscettios

I’ve been trying to truly master Kenobi and have also come up with some adjustment suggestions.

-RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK-
    RMT should function like Rey’s. Rey’s MT triggers immediately upon activation and then she completes the animation. Kenobi’s works in the opposite fashion. RMT doesn’t trigger until his animation is complete. This one change would make the ability much more effective in CQC. Also, RMT should cancel all opponents active abilities in the AoE when triggered. Vader’s FR, Grievous’ CR, Boba’s FtH, etc.

-ALL OUT PUSH-
    This should not be a charge up ability but instead act more like a ranged ability such as a saber throw, or possibly act like Thrust Surge with a short animation delay. The range effect should be at maximum on trigger with maybe a smaller AoE. It should be able to be held for a time before release. Use during jump should be functional.

-DEFENSIVE RUSH-
    This ability should be able to be activated from block, like every other LB/R2 force ability in the game. Also, while engaged DR should act like a full block and block not only blaster fire, but all other blockable abilities as well.

1. RMT triggering faster would be great, agree there, but he still stops dead in his tracks to do it, Rey’s animation is also faster.

2. Kinda disagree here... I didn’t like that it had to be charged at first, but now I like it more since it’s been fixed a bit. Timing a push on a jumping Palps is very satisfying.

3. Agree here, we had it blocking saber throws, wouldn’t be opposed to it blocking other abilities, but perhaps just from the front.

Thanks for the detailed responses!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Darth_Vapor3
    3433 posts Member
    edited January 30
    anidriX wrote: »
    ALL-OUT PUSH-

GENERAL

RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK-

ALL-OUT PUSH-

1. Agreed on the saber Strikes I suppose, as he could just activate the ability whenever he wanted with little repercussion. Damage reduction is definitely the quick fix, but doesn’t solve his wooden feel. I think activate while mobile would serve him best here.

2. I’m just really not a fan of the jump swings in general. It was more a toss in to see what others thought, a downward strike would be a much more useful attack than it is currently. As most, like you said, just use it to gain a little distance.

3. Agreed on the sabers

4. @Whodunnit was against this one for the exact same reason. And it’s very ‘offensive’, still wanted to toss it in the mix because imagining it in game sounded very fun and slightly most skilled to use than Luke’s.
    @Piscettios

-RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK-

-ALL OUT PUSH-

-DEFENSIVE RUSH-

1. RMT triggering faster would be great, agree there, but he still stops dead in his tracks to do it, Rey’s animation is also faster.

2. Kinda disagree here... I didn’t like that it had to be charged at first, but now I like it more since it’s been fixed a bit. Timing a push on a jumping Palps is very satisfying.

3. Agree here, we had it blocking saber throws, wouldn’t be opposed to it blocking other abilities, but perhaps just from the front.

1. It should cancel abilities within the AoE. That’s kinda strong and maybe a fixed animation is the trade off. Wouldn’t bother me if he could move though. Main thing is it needs to trigger immediately, like Rey’s. Not after the animation completes. That’s a terrible design.

2. The thought was to be able to hold the push until you released the button. Hold for a time at least. This would allow for the same gameplay as now but without the distance handicap. And if this seems too strong then you could mitigate by reducing the AoE circle/cylinder.

3. Yeah. Since there’s virtually no speed increase and it doesn’t knock opponents over like Grievous and Rey, blocking abilities makes it unique. It needs to be able to be activated while blocking.
  • Now this is a thread worth paying attention to. Good stuff.

+10 hues
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
    anidriX wrote: »
    ALL-OUT PUSH-

GENERAL

RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK-

ALL-OUT PUSH-

3. Agreed on the sabers

@Piscettios

-RESTRICTIVE MIND TRICK-

-ALL OUT PUSH-

-DEFENSIVE RUSH-

1. It should cancel abilities within the AoE. That’s kinda strong and maybe a fixed animation is the trade off. Wouldn’t bother me if he could move though. Main thing is it needs to trigger immediately, like Rey’s. Not after the animation completes. That’s a terrible design.

2. The thought was to be able to hold the push until you released the button. Hold for a time at least. This would allow for the same gameplay as now but without the distance handicap. And if this seems too strong then you could mitigate by reducing the AoE circle/cylinder.

3. Yeah. Since there’s virtually no speed increase and it doesn’t knock opponents over like Grievous and Rey, blocking abilities makes it unique. It needs to be able to be activated while blocking.

I do agree on the abilities getting cancelled, very annoying to get flung by Maul or tagged by Vader’s saber when it appears you clearly activated it first. Your idea with it triggering like Rey’s would also help that a bit.

Now I get what you mean on the push, not a bad idea at all.
    Now this is a thread worth paying attention to. Good stuff.

+10 hues

Thank ya Buckster. B)
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Yes while I really like Obi as a character and want him to be improved in the game, the same goes for Luke he would also need some offensive buffs so I'd say that's a nice way to balance them and keep them in character if we give Obi defense buffs and to Luke offense buffs. Obi has already higher damages than Luke.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

Yes while I really like Obi as a character and want him to be improved in the game, the same goes for Luke he would also need some offensive buffs so I'd say that's a nice way to balance them and keep them in character if we give Obi defense buffs and to Luke offense buffs. Obi has already higher damages than Luke.

The case you made against the jump push was a great reason to pull it. Only kept it in for ‘fun factor and discussions sake’. o:)
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Indeed some defensive rush tweaks. Also OLD BEN SKINS?
  • Played with Obi a bit last in HvH, he totally sucks. His abilities don't work very well and I see no reason to pick him over anyone right now.
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    edited February 1
    Obi is not smooth atm. He has his clunky issues still even after the small touch up. I like the ideas proposed so far. And you did put a lot of thought into them. Which is good, because it shows time played behind the character, and improvements you would suggest from your individual experiences with said character.

The only thing that caught my eye/I was concerned about balance wise, was the mid air blocking. Even with the stamina cost/penalty, it would take away punishment mechanic/moment utilized by blaster troopers/heroes that is Very necessary in combat. Which is when you jump, blasters dump, on you. It’s something that people don’t even realize being an extremely important moment in a fight against Saber heroes.

Those few seconds in the air are part of the Rock Paper Scissors of fighting a saber hero. Brief moments while disengaging/engaging in the air as a saber hero need to have a price, that price being exposed to Blaster fire entirely. Especially stinger pistols and DC-15’s in GA etc. as for in HVV, that air time is also needed for counter offensives/engagements by Blaster Hero’s.

Other than that, +1 Awesome Post dude! :blush:

Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    Obi is not smooth atm. He has his clunky issues still even after the small touch up. I like the ideas proposed so far. And you did put a lot of thought into them. Which is good, because it shows time played behind the character, and improvements you would suggest from your individual experiences with said character.

The only thing that caught my eye/I was concerned about balance wise, was the mid air blocking. Even with the stamina cost/penalty, it would take away punishment mechanic/moment utilized by blaster troopers/heroes that is Very necessary in combat. Which is when you jump, blasters dump, on you. It’s something that people don’t even realize being an extremely important moment in a fight against Saber heroes.

Those few seconds in the air are part of the Rock Paper Scissors of fighting a saber hero. Brief moments while disengaging/engaging in the air as a saber hero need to have a price, that price being exposed to Blaster fire entirely. Especially stinger pistols and DC-15’s in GA etc. as for in HVV, that air time is also needed for counter offensives/engagements by Blaster Hero’s.

Yeah good point. Tbh I’m fine with his abilities but his animations ruin it imo. Not as smooth as he should be.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Indeed some defensive rush tweaks. Also OLD BEN SKINS?

How ya doin ya old pirate. Good to see ya 👋🏻
    Dash wrote: »

Noo! Blocking while jumping was my favorite idea! Haha

Totally get your reasoning though and the balance issue was considered. But still think he severely lacks a reliable way to escape lopsided engagements. But, smoothing out his existing abilities would help prevent getting into those situations in the first place.

Thanks for the input! 👍🏼
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I have an idea for restrictive mind trick, delay or completely stop heath regeneration on enemies affected
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Piscettios
    5786 posts Member
    edited February 1
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    I have an idea for restrictive mind trick, delay or completely stop heath regeneration on enemies affected

Not a bad idea here... the RMT often leaves you feeling ‘now what did I exactly gain here’.

Since he stops abilities being used, maybe ‘freezing cooldown’ while affected would work better here?
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    edited February 1
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Totally get your reasoning though and the balance issue was considered. But still think he severely lacks a reliable way to escape lopsided engagements. But, smoothing out his existing abilities would help prevent getting into those situations in the first place.

Thanks for the input! 👍🏼
    Whodunnit wrote: »

Yeah good point. Tbh I’m fine with his abilities but his animations ruin it imo. Not as smooth as he should be.

His abilities need smoother transitions, beginning and end animations. Then, the abilities need to be more snappy, as well as the ability Funnel/Cone/Targeted area being tweaked a bit. He needs a lot of fine tuning to be in the Dooku free flowing smooth level for sure. But it is possible.

The saber combat revamp has a lot of mechanics changes coming, along with attacking, deflecting, blocking, countering, saber sequences, animations, abilities, Punished for spam block or attack, rewarded for playing tactically/smartly, etc. I’m looking forward to the changes, let’s hope it deploys with little to no issues.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Thanks for the input! 👍🏼

His abilities need smoother transitions, beginning and end animations. Then, the abilities need to be more snappy, as well as the ability Funnel/Cone/Targeted area being tweaked a bit. He needs a lot of fine tuning to be in the Dooku free flowing smooth level for sure. But it is possible.
    This more than anything. And RTM needs to activate at the beginning of the animation, immediately upon trigger, like Rey’s.
    The saber combat revamp has a lot of mechanics changes coming, along with attacking, deflecting, blocking, countering, saber sequences, animations, abilities, Punished for spam block or attack, rewarded for playing tactically/smartly, etc. I’m looking forward to the changes, let’s hope it deploys with little to no issues.
    Man I hope you’re right about all of this. I have no idea where you got all this from, but I’d like to.

• Dash
    11553 posts Member

Thanks for the input! 👍🏼

This more than anything. And RTM needs to activate at the beginning of the animation, immediately upon trigger, like Rey’s.
    Man I hope you’re right about all of this. I have no idea where you got all this from, but I’d like to.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Thanks for the input! 👍🏼

Heh... Ok. Well, here’s to hoping...

Thanks for the input! 👍🏼

until the update then...

a3u3hkmvlsul.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Hopefully he gets buffed and smoothed out before old ben comes.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• AbyssWatch3r
    4968 posts Member
    edited February 23
    Looking at anakin, it's clear that some aggressive updates are needed here. Anakin siting at 1k HP? 90% damage reduction when charging his push? 350 regen with no need for the card? Yeah, obi-wan should reflect the ultimate in Defense here.

I think we should start with being able to sprint while blocking. A max HP increase to 800. Innate Damage reduction while blocking and charging his push. Change the starcard on his defensive rush so all deflected blaster bolts do more damage, and so much more.
    Post edited by AbyssWatch3r on
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Hopefully he gets buffed and smoothed out before old ben comes.

I thought it sounded overboard to add EVERY suggestion we had here for Obiwan. Now looking at Ani (on paper) many of these should be added. I don’t even want to play as old Ben with the current state he’s in.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • 67mguncbzbqw.jpeg

u820a9kgy3uj.jpeg

This is not even close to enough.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Kenobi got damage reduction like most of us were asking for. Now just make mindtrick useable on the move and give him 800 HP.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Kenobi got damage reduction like most of us were asking for. Now just make mindtrick useable on the move and give him 800 HP.

It's also bugged now too

@F8RGE any plans for any of these buffs to happen?
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• JMaster
    2160 posts Member
    So many great ideas, I like all of these. Might I add a ridiculous idea for Obi's Mind Trick?
    I'd personally love if to players affected by RMT, Obi-Wan would turn invisible. Kinda weird, but I was thinking it would be along the line of him being able to sneak past everyone aboard the Death Star and get past the Imperial Patrol in Mos Eisley.
    Just a suggestion, you?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    So many great ideas, I like all of these. Might I add a ridiculous idea for Obi's Mind Trick?
    I'd personally love if to players affected by RMT, Obi-Wan would turn invisible. Kinda weird, but I was thinking it would be along the line of him being able to sneak past everyone aboard the Death Star and get past the Imperial Patrol in Mos Eisley.
    Just a suggestion, you?

I’m not a fan of cloaking/invisibility myself. Would be helpful for him to drop off the radar in GA for a short time after performing it though.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Devlin21
    8319 posts Member
    JMaster wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, you?

I’m not a fan of cloaking/invisibility myself. Would be helpful for him to drop off the radar in GA for a short time after performing it though.

Yea, maybe 2-3 seconds after would be good.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Blocking while jumping would be a cool one.

It would make him unique and add a bit more weight to the whole defensive master thing.