criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II Release Notes - Darth Tyranus Hotfix

F8RGE
444 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 29
Hey everyone,

We hope you've been enjoying Count Dooku in Star Wars Battlefront II.

This hotfix includes Dooku's "Dark Ritual" appearance, as seen in episode 13 of The Clone War's "The Lost Missions" season.

We've also made various bug fixes associated with Count Dooku, alongside other improvements to the game.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Release Notes
  • The “Dark Ritual” appearance is now available to unlock for 40,000 Credits or 1,000 Crystals.
  • Fixed an issue where Count Dooku’s Expose Weakness VFX would be invisible when playing against the AI on Arcade.
  • Fixed an issue where Count Dooku’s lightsaber would not make a sound when ignited at the Beginning of a Heroes Vs. Villains Match.
  • Made minor animation improvements to the way Count Dooku’s lightsaber attacks connect with the targets.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause other heroes to occasionally refer to Count Dooku as “the Emperor”.
  • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause camera stuttering when Obi-Wan gets interrupted while performing his “All-Out Push” ability.
  • Fixed an issue where the Officer would eventually make Wookiee noises on Arcade.
  • Fixed an issue where trying to activate Kylo Ren’s “Frenzy” ability without a target, would trigger the related VO prompt.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause sound effects to not play properly when the player is in an outdoors area.

The hotfix will release tomorrow, Wednesday 30th January.

Replies

• I’m curious about the third appearance Dooku will get in February
  • You mean 30th January? 😉
  • Thanks for the fix for Wookiee Officers in Arcade, I honestly thought I was losing my mind when I first heard it. 😜
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    Cadoth wrote: »
    I’m curious about the third appearance Dooku will get in February

Pyjamas

I hope the leaks are real😆
  • Hope devs will fix saber combat terrible experience: stun lock, saber lock, etc
  • AOTC Obi please!!! Don't allow moders to put you guys to shame :(

https://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsbattlefront22017/mods/1108
  • If Dooku's pajamas comes, I'll ask for Ben Swolo appearance for Kylo Ren :-P
  • Me and my new (to me) computer are ready for some more battlefront!
  • Thanks! I've been enjoying Dooku quite a bit, is a great addition!

I hope the fix also addresses issues with Dooku block, that randomly stops working. And on the other hand, Luke's block that seems to take forever to break :smile:

cheers!
  • Thanks for the fix for Wookiee Officers in Arcade, I honestly thought I was losing my mind when I first heard it. 😜

maybe leave this one in for fun
  • Meanwhile, there are still issues in this game that have been around for a YEAR now. Come on Dice you fix up a crack house BEFORE you add another wing to the house.
  • Good, they fixed the issue with Count Dooku in Arcade. But when will we see the The monthly calendar for February?
  • How can we sure this is about fixing or breaking the game?
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    695 posts Member
    edited January 30
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

This hotfix includes Dooku's "Dark Ritual" appearance, as seen in episode 13 of The Clone War's "The Lost Missions" season.

We've also made various bug fixes associated with Count Dooku, alongside other improvements to the game.

Release Notes
    • The “Dark Ritual” appearance is now available to unlock for 40,000 Credits or 1,000 Crystals.
    • Fixed an issue where Count Dooku’s Expose Weakness VFX would be invisible when playing against the AI on Arcade.
    • Fixed an issue where Count Dooku’s lightsaber would not make a sound when ignited at the Beginning of a Heroes Vs. Villains Match.
    • Made minor animation improvements to the way Count Dooku’s lightsaber attacks connect with the targets.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause other heroes to occasionally refer to Count Dooku as “the Emperor”.
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause camera stuttering when Obi-Wan gets interrupted while performing his “All-Out Push” ability.
    • Fixed an issue where the Officer would eventually make Wookiee noises on Arcade.
    • Fixed an issue where trying to activate Kylo Ren’s “Frenzy” ability without a target, would trigger the related VO prompt.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause sound effects to not play properly when the player is in an outdoors area.

Good stuff. Looking forward to this hotfix. :sunglasses:

I know this thread is for the upcoming hotfix, but there are quite a few issues in the game I'd like to inquire about:
    • The Enforcer Class is not playable on Geonosis in Arcade.
    • Kamino's floors and walls now show as black and grey instead of the correct white.
    • Starfighter and Hero Ship cockpits still disappear in Arcade when pausing or bringing up the ability explanation screen.
    • Many turrets in Starfighter Team Battle/Starfighter Onslaught do not function, can't be tagged or do not explode when destroyed.
    • The AI sometimes ceases to spawn in Arcade.
    • Hero physical and Force based Abilities incorrectly cause blaster impact effects to opponents when killed.
    • The BTL-A4 Y-wing's "Defeated by" diagram is missing the ion cannon.
    • The BTL-B Y-wing's model is incorrect (the fuselage is too long and there are inaccuracies in a couple of structural details).
    • The RZ-1 A-wing's cannon and engine SFX are incorrect.
    • The RZ-1 A-wings parked in the hangar in the Main Story Campaign mission "The Dauntless" are missing their landing skids.
    • The AT-AT's Orbital Strike Ability doesn't always work.
    • The laser bolt color for the AT-AT's Orbital Strike Ability on Hoth: Outpost Delta should be green, and red on Endor: Research Station 9.
    • The flashback suppressors for all X-wings in the game are not aligned correctly.
    • The Sandtroopers in the Main Story Campaign mission "Cache Grab" should be changed to Magma Troopers.
    • The Rocket Troopers in the Main Story Campaign are missing some visual details.
    • The Campaign Star Card UI is missing the visual improvements made for them in the rest of the game.
    • Blaster wielding Heroes cannot combat roll in the Campaign or crouch in Multiplayer and Arcade.
    • The pause menu's out-of-focus effect is still missing.
    • When selecting Heroes at the pre-round screen, the animations for almost all of them don't trigger.
    • The controls/handling/collision detection for all Speeder Class vehicles save for the T-47 desperately need improvement.
    • Activating/deactivating lightsabers interrupt Emotes.
    • Can't change Appearances at the pre-round screen in Arcade.
    • Trade Federation vehicles/ships don't have their correct Separatist paint schemes.

Some of these problems are pretty old. Some are minor. Some are major. Is there any word on these getting addressed in the future?

@F8RGE
    "All wings report in."
  • camerog wrote: »
    If Dooku's pajamas comes, I'll ask for Ben Swolo appearance for Kylo Ren :-P

No! we want Matt, the radar technichian outfit! 3c43yeq7m36e.gif

Seriously, i'd pay for that skin

ShortAntiqueBorzoi-size_restricted.gif

loved that episode :lol:
  • GreyJedi1969
    1 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Did anyone remember the 2v2 private matches, or was that just me? Becayse i remember 2v2 private matches in hero showdown that was suppose to come out in september. I don't think that ever came out even though it was in patch notes, and there has still be no word about private matches un general, even though 2015 battlefront had one and this gamehas not and has been out for over a year.
  • Colin777
    404 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Hey everyone,

Release Notes

I dont know if this is a problem for anyone but its been bugging me, even though its not that big of a deal and you wont change it, dookus head seems way too big for his body its like off or maybe his body is too small for his head, but i dont know just wanted to bring this up too your attention if its even true or im seeing things
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Hope devs will fix saber combat terrible experience: stun lock, saber lock, etc

I wish there was A REAL SABER lock like they show in there trailers and how they did in Battlefront 1 EA also don't forget the lightsaber tractor beam when you swing.
  • Good, they fixed the issue with Count Dooku in Arcade. But when will we see the The monthly calendar for February?

Late February been walk said.
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Release Notes

Good stuff. Looking forward to this hotfix. :sunglasses:

I know this thread is for the upcoming hotfix, but there are quite a few issues in the game I'd like to inquire about:
    • The Enforcer Class is not playable on Geonosis in Arcade.
    • Kamino's floors and walls now show as black and grey instead of the correct white.
    • Starfighter and Hero Ship cockpits still disappear in Arcade when pausing or bringing up the ability explanation screen.
    • Many turrets in Starfighter Team Battle/Starfighter Onslaught do not function, can't be tagged or do not explode when destroyed.
    • The AI sometimes ceases to spawn in Arcade.
    • Hero physical and Force based Abilities incorrectly cause blaster impact effects to opponents when killed.
    • The BTL-A4 Y-wing's "Defeated by" diagram is missing the ion cannon.
    • The BTL-B Y-wing's model is incorrect (the fuselage is too long and there are inaccuracies in a couple of structural details).
    • The RZ-1 A-wing's cannon and engine SFX are incorrect.
    • The RZ-1 A-wings parked in the hangar in the Main Story Campaign mission "The Dauntless" are missing their landing skids.
    • The AT-AT's Orbital Strike Ability doesn't always work.
    • The laser bolt color for the AT-AT's Orbital Strike Ability on Hoth: Outpost Delta should be green, and red on Endor: Research Station 9.
    • The flashback suppressors for all X-wings in the game are not aligned correctly.
    • The Sandtroopers in the Main Story Campaign mission "Cache Grab" should be changed to Magma Troopers.
    • The Rocket Troopers in the Main Story Campaign are missing some visual details.
    • The Campaign Star Card UI is missing the visual improvements made for them in the rest of the game.
    • Blaster wielding Heroes cannot combat roll in the Campaign or crouch in Multiplayer and Arcade.
    • The pause menu's out-of-focus effect is still missing.
    • When selecting Heroes at the pre-round screen, the animations for almost all of them don't trigger.
    • The controls/handling/collision detection for all Speeder Class vehicles save for the T-47 desperately need improvement.
    • Activating/deactivating lightsabers interrupt Emotes.
    • Can't change Appearances at the pre-round screen in Arcade.
    • Trade Federation vehicles/ships don't have their correct Separatist paint schemes.

Some of these problems are pretty old. Some are minor. Some are major. Is there any word on these getting addressed in the future?

@F8RGE
    The Enforcer Class is not playable on Geonosis in Arcade. Yes for clones because wookies aren't on genoisis.
    The Sandtroopers in the Main Story Campaign mission "Cache Grab" should be changed to Magma Troopers. Just nope.
    Quite a few issues in the game I'd like to inquire about.
    Issues and Suggestions are 2 different things also hot fixes are mostly for bugs please keep this in mind people.
  • FozzDK88
    3 posts Member
    edited January 30
  • Errrmmm, has Strike been fixed or is the glitch that keeps players waiting because the teams are not an even number heading into a fifth month?
  • Has the description of Dooku's Lightning Stun been corrected yet?

It uses "less" where it should be "fewer".
  • TiNie
    172 posts Member
    [*] Fixed an issue where trying to activate Kylo Ren’s “Frenzy” ability without a target, would trigger the related VO prompt.
    Do you mean, that you hear him screaming / Shouting without having a target?
    If so, I liked this very much. For me it is/was just a 3rd emote. In my opinion this hasn't to be fixed.
  • Count Dooku skin looks like a sea captain. Where he appears like this? For sure on the Cartoons?...
  • I skipped that skin..
  • Ridiculous skin, a pajama...

There are much more interesting skins.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Does anyone know when they are planning to release the Coruscant guard clone trooper skins?

POTATO X :)
  • POTATOX wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they are planning to release the Coruscant guard clone trooper skins?

Feb update mate
  • POTATOX wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they are planning to release the Coruscant guard clone trooper skins?

Feb update mate

@Moojammin_10 Oh OK thanks!

• Any fix in sight for the crazy air plane noise that happens when you use obi-wans push?

• DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    Any fix in sight for the crazy air plane noise that happens when you use obi-wans push?

Is that when the screen makes it like there's an earthquake happening too?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Don't patch luke speaking german it's great
  • Why it's not possible for EA and Dice to fix the horrorble Sound-Bug on so many maps??
    No interest?
  • Is there any release for February transmission