criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The Boba Fett Problem

Prev1
Although it was more than likely unintentional, Boba Fett is a big problem on most maps. Once a player is familiar enough with him, the player is able to exploit his abilities. Boba Fett can fly from one side to the other making Heroes vs. Villains matches excruciatingly long and not because the teams are even... or anyone is having fun. It's because everyone is chasing him. Yes, you have to use blasters (Chewbacca) to knock Boba Fett out of the air and although I'm mostly successful with that strategy, I look at the player list and my team is already long gone. In other words, I've noticed a new pattern lately where if someone is Boba Fett, half the light side leaves. If someone is Boba Fett and it's a large map, players leave. If someone chooses Boba Fett and the level 40 player is so good with him no one can catch him, then half the light side leaves. Anymore, I just don't stick around for it and I leave the match alongside my teammates.

If you don't want to mess with Boba Fett's abilities, my only other suggestion would be to "speed up" Chewbacca and improve some of his.

Replies

  • A good Luke, Han, Lando and Leia can take him down. Luke is particularly suited to face off against Boba, just chase him down, use Push to tumble him down to earth and then finish him.
  • Nnagildan
    150 posts Member
    edited January 29

    If Boba’s the target I don’t see the problem with them all chasing him. However I’ve taken down Boba as target many times as Luke. If Luke is determined Boba won’t escape: my point is that there are counters for all heroes/villains.

    If you have decent aim Han can also take him down single handed but that’s on more open maps like Kamino.
  • Nnagildan wrote: »
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    Nnagildan wrote: »
    A good Luke, Han, Lando and Leia can take him down. Luke is particularly suited to face off against Boba, just chase him down, use Push to tumble him down to earth and then finish him.

    If Boba’s the target I don’t see the problem with them all chasing him. However I’ve taken down Boba as target many times as Luke. If Luke is determined Boba won’t escape: my point is that there are counters for all heroes/villains.

    If you have decent aim Han can also take him down single handed but that’s on more open maps like Kamino.

    Right. Well, I've also taken him down many times with most Heroes but about 70% of the time it's just not happening on most of the big maps. Chewbacca should really be just a tad more powerful when going against him in Heroes vs. Villains.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    Do you even play the game?
  • BellaCigno wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I made myself clear. Did you read my post? You cannot aim at someone who is flying around a large map from one side to the other. Han Solo and Chewbacca are not Olympic gymnasts able to pirouette across the floor to CATCH...... him.

    Yes, I read it and you did make yourself clear. Every game has noobs playing it and this is not the exception. If you are as successful as you claim to be shooting him down, then awesome, help your team and focus entirely on Boba. You can’t just nerf a character because noobs give up and quit. Boba is quite fragile. Sure some maps help him and do make the match longer but there are only a few and if your team is competent he’s no problem at all.
    Never suggest changes based on experience alongside noobs.

    My post wasn't based on, "experience alongside noobs." I find that a bit immature. I play this game with a group of very experienced friends. Your assumption is wrong. Moreover, my post wasn't even for you, it was for the EA team. You're making unnecessary assumptions and becoming a bit opportunistic. Meaning, you're volunteering unwanted information as an attempt to, "teach," how to play the game. Not happening on my posts. Sorry.
    Finally. For the 3rd time, the pattern I am seeing are good players leaving matches because someone chooses Boba Fett. They don't care to deal with him nor do they have to. I also think we will agree to disagree so I am no longer going to respond to you or read your posts.

    I'm not attempting to teach you anything, I was just merely giving my input on what seems to be the issue based on what you wrote. You might have intended to write this for the EA team but this is a public forum which means everyone is entitled to give their opinions on the matter which is what I did and so did the other people who replied. There's nothing wrong in calling other people noobs. Everyone starts as one and I was no different.
    That aside when you said in your OP "I look at the player list and my team is already long gone" it's completely inconsistent with "I play this game with a group of very experienced friends.". Nobody would assume your friends would leave you on the server. If your 3 teammates are quitting because they can't handle Boba, then it's a l2p issue. If you told me it's only on certain maps, I'd understand but that's not the angle you took in your OP.
  • KrolJulian1916
    1159 posts Member
    edited January 29
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I'd love to see you against my Boba. Not even mentioning the best Boba I saw from my squad.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I'd love to see you against my Boba. Not even mentioning the best Boba I saw from my squad.

    What platform are you on?
  • A simple fix would be to change the target system so that you can win the round by taking out the target OR taking out the other three players - whichever team does either of these first wins that round.

    This would discourage people from running because they would leave their teammates in a more vulnerable position.

    They could also jut try hero blast with no target system.


    Boba isn't the problem, it's the game mode design
  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I'd love to see you against my Boba. Not even mentioning the best Boba I saw from my squad.

    What platform are you on?

    Xbox
  • Raylol wrote: »
    Agree, if im boba in an Hvv match i’ll destroy the other team by myself, the light side deserves a hero that can fly

    Great suggestion! That would be awesome, actually! Seeing two Heroes from each side flying and dueling each other in the air while we're on the ground during intense moments!
  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I'd love to see you against my Boba. Not even mentioning the best Boba I saw from my squad.

    What platform are you on?

    Xbox

    Well, I'm on PC where blaster heroes are stronger.
    In any case I want to stress that regardless the platform, Boba sure is a threat and if left uncheck, he can indeed cause you big trouble but if you have a team that can aim and doesn't have a full lightsaber team, he can be dealt with.

  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I'd love to see you against my Boba. Not even mentioning the best Boba I saw from my squad.

    What platform are you on?

    Xbox

    Well, I'm on PC where blaster heroes are stronger.
    In any case I want to stress that regardless the platform, Boba sure is a threat and if left uncheck, he can indeed cause you big trouble but if you have a team that can aim and doesn't have a full lightsaber team, he can be dealt with.

    You're terribly wrong. It may work against noobs. If Boba can aim and has a team that will abuse the split between target and chasing group LS is toast. Boba is must have in comp HvV build just because of that.
  • BellaCigno wrote: »
    Raylol wrote: »
    Agree, if im boba in an Hvv match i’ll destroy the other team by myself, the light side deserves a hero that can fly

    Great suggestion! That would be awesome, actually! Seeing two Heroes from each side flying and dueling each other in the air while we're on the ground during intense moments!

    That great suggestion would imply duplicating the problem. To heroes fighting in the air does sound cool but with the target system in place, it's another potential flying runner, the very same thing you are complaining about.
  • If your team is all sabers you will lose 95% of the time, unless it’s a map like Bespin.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • anidriX wrote: »
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    Raylol wrote: »
    Agree, if im boba in an Hvv match i’ll destroy the other team by myself, the light side deserves a hero that can fly

    Great suggestion! That would be awesome, actually! Seeing two Heroes from each side flying and dueling each other in the air while we're on the ground during intense moments!

    That great suggestion would imply duplicating the problem. To heroes fighting in the air does sound cool but with the target system in place, it's another potential flying runner, the very same thing you are complaining about.

    But you previously said there was no problem?
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I guess DS would need to "learn how to aim" if LS had a jetpack?
  • anidriX wrote: »
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I made myself clear. Did you read my post? You cannot aim at someone who is flying around a large map from one side to the other. Han Solo and Chewbacca are not Olympic gymnasts able to pirouette across the floor to CATCH...... him.

    Yes, I read it and you did make yourself clear. Every game has noobs playing it and this is not the exception. If you are as successful as you claim to be shooting him down, then awesome, help your team and focus entirely on Boba. You can’t just nerf a character because noobs give up and quit. Boba is quite fragile. Sure some maps help him and do make the match longer but there are only a few and if your team is competent he’s no problem at all.
    Never suggest changes based on experience alongside noobs.

    LOL all I get is that your one of them boba players run hide repeat
  • Raylol wrote: »
    Agree, if im boba in an Hvv match i’ll destroy the other team by myself, the light side deserves a hero that can fly

    Princess Leia? ;)

    Since Rian Johnson tret the 40 years in the making Star Wars saga story as created by George Lucas as his own personal plaything... Why have Starfighter Assault either now? Just replace all the fighters with a huge chunk of mass with a hyperdrive and a navicomputer/droid and call it "Hyper Space Ram Assault"... Force Ghosts who can summon down Force lightining to devistating affect, sure why not...
  • anidriX
    855 posts Member
    edited January 29
    anidriX wrote: »
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I made myself clear. Did you read my post? You cannot aim at someone who is flying around a large map from one side to the other. Han Solo and Chewbacca are not Olympic gymnasts able to pirouette across the floor to CATCH...... him.

    Yes, I read it and you did make yourself clear. Every game has noobs playing it and this is not the exception. If you are as successful as you claim to be shooting him down, then awesome, help your team and focus entirely on Boba. You can’t just nerf a character because noobs give up and quit. Boba is quite fragile. Sure some maps help him and do make the match longer but there are only a few and if your team is competent he’s no problem at all.
    Never suggest changes based on experience alongside noobs.

    LOL all I get is that your one of them boba players run hide repeat

    Where did I said such thing? I never run, NEVER. I always go for their target when I'm the target regardless of which character I'm using even if it means I might die first.
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    Raylol wrote: »
    Agree, if im boba in an Hvv match i’ll destroy the other team by myself, the light side deserves a hero that can fly

    Great suggestion! That would be awesome, actually! Seeing two Heroes from each side flying and dueling each other in the air while we're on the ground during intense moments!

    That great suggestion would imply duplicating the problem. To heroes fighting in the air does sound cool but with the target system in place, it's another potential flying runner, the very same thing you are complaining about.

    But you previously said there was no problem?
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I guess DS would need to "learn how to aim" if LS had a jetpack?

    No, but I get the confusion as this thread has become a mix between dealing with Boba and dealing with runners. I'm going to carefully explain it again so it's perfectly clear where I stand.

    1. Runners are annoying whether it's Boba flying, Luke Running, Maul Running. Being able to catch them doesn't make them any less annoying. Luke is the number one runner for the LS but I'm not going to ask for him to get a higher Push Cooldown.
    2. A running Boba is just another runner. Is it annoying? Sure. Is it difficult to deal with? No. Are there exceptions to this? Yes, there are certain maps where Boba is very hard to catch which is something I agreed with OP. Yavin IV is a perfect example of this but that is a map problem, not Boba's. If I'm playing one of those maps, I deal with Boba the best I can.
    3. Fighting a non-running Boba is not a problem. If you have good aim, all 5 blaster heroes can deal with him. If you don't, your team will have a tough time. If your LS team is fully comprised of lightsabers, your team will have a tough time dealing with him.
    4. I never said Boba wasn't a strong character, he sure is and if left uncheck, he can destroy your team. But if you have a balance team with 2 blasters which include Han, Chewie or Finn and they keep an eye for Boba, then YES, he can be dealt with without problem.
    5. I'm on PC, reaction time and precision are higher there which makes dealing with Boba a little easier, something I made clear in one of my earlier posts.
    6. Regardless of what my skill is and what my opinion is, running is still a thing, and even though I would be able to deal with it, adding a Jetpack LS character would aggravate the problem, and seeing how many thread are created daily complaining about the target system, adding such character is not a smart idea.
  • I’ve said it once I’ll say it again, JET PACK CAPTAIN REX they have him in Star Wars galaxy of heroes they should put him on here.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    Although it was more than likely unintentional, Boba Fett is a big problem on most maps. Once a player is familiar enough with him, the player is able to exploit his abilities. Boba Fett can fly from one side to the other making Heroes vs. Villains matches excruciatingly long and not because the teams are even... or anyone is having fun. It's because everyone is chasing him. Yes, you have to use blasters (Chewbacca) to knock Boba Fett out of the air and although I'm mostly successful with that strategy, I look at the player list and my team is already long gone. In other words, I've noticed a new pattern lately where if someone is Boba Fett, half the light side leaves. If someone is Boba Fett and it's a large map, players leave. If someone chooses Boba Fett and the level 40 player is so good with him no one can catch him, then half the light side leaves. Anymore, I just don't stick around for it and I leave the match alongside my teammates.

    If you don't want to mess with Boba Fett's abilities, my only other suggestion would be to "speed up" Chewbacca and improve some of his.

    Han Solo 3 shots Boba, nuff said, Boba is ok, the only issue with the game itself is that the servers are hugely inconsistent.
  • There is a reason Boba is the best hero in HvV, however has the highest skill ceiling to achieve that status.
  • JAREDUP
    1594 posts Member
    Ok, please stop with these nerf Boba threads, if you cant kill Boba you suck, period. His Jetpack is fine. If we go off what you're saying I guess we need to nerf Rey too because someone was hiding on the roofs in Yavin with Rey the other day
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Ok, please stop with these nerf Boba threads, if you cant kill Boba you suck, period. His Jetpack is fine. If we go off what you're saying I guess we need to nerf Rey too because someone was hiding on the roofs in Yavin with Rey the other day
    At least she wasn’t in the wall

    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • JAREDUP
    1594 posts Member
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Ok, please stop with these nerf Boba threads, if you cant kill Boba you suck, period. His Jetpack is fine. If we go off what you're saying I guess we need to nerf Rey too because someone was hiding on the roofs in Yavin with Rey the other day
    At least she wasn’t in the wall

    Lol, that one spot in Yavin where you can go in the wall is still there since launch
    For the Greater Good

    9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • Raylol
    1104 posts Member
    There is a reason Boba is the best hero in HvV, however has the highest skill ceiling to achieve that status.

    Not really, just follow the enemy, go close like 4m while doing circles and barrage him
  • Raylol wrote: »
    There is a reason Boba is the best hero in HvV, however has the highest skill ceiling to achieve that status.

    Not really, just follow the enemy, go close like 4m while doing circles and barrage him

    In 4v4 team play that isn’t generally a viable option. I’m not commenting from a pub perspective as in that scenario me just choosing boba is a victory screen for my team. I don’t like using him in pub because usually it will empty the other team
  • MC_XIX
    1666 posts Member
    edited January 29
    For the thousandth time, this is a problem with the TARGET SYSTEM, NOT Boba Fett!!!

    Don't like people exploiting HvV? Me neither. But please pay attention to the mode itself and realise that all of these problems stem from the broken target system itself, not the characters.

    Removing the target system would solve all of these issues. Do not moan about a character when changing the mode itself is the solution.
  • Boba Fett should:

    Fly a tad bit slower

    Have more verticality to his flying

    Be able to aim ds

    Be able to crouch.


    All blaster heroes should be able crouch

    They should give Liea the ability to aim without using her secondary fire
    Iden can do it

    They need to remove the target system
  • Sometimes I play Leia put the shield up and start emoting at Fett, usually he will fly in the shield and try to burn me, then I take out the E-11
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif


    I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Yeah when it''s the case I quit the game.
    That's really anoying when you spend your time running after someone, or someone who find a difficult place to reach. It''s funny 2mns but not more.

    It''s the only way to get rid of Devs lack of balanced heroes or else.

    And yes the conversation above were like "you are 4 heroes against bob, you will own him..."

    Uhhhh...there is also 3 other OP DS beside....honestly even only dooku will be soon able to kill a full team of heroes.



  • BellaCigno wrote: »
    Although it was more than likely unintentional, Boba Fett is a big problem on most maps. Once a player is familiar enough with him, the player is able to exploit his abilities. Boba Fett can fly from one side to the other making Heroes vs. Villains matches excruciatingly long and not because the teams are even... or anyone is having fun. It's because everyone is chasing him. Yes, you have to use blasters (Chewbacca) to knock Boba Fett out of the air and although I'm mostly successful with that strategy, I look at the player list and my team is already long gone. In other words, I've noticed a new pattern lately where if someone is Boba Fett, half the light side leaves. If someone is Boba Fett and it's a large map, players leave. If someone chooses Boba Fett and the level 40 player is so good with him no one can catch him, then half the light side leaves. Anymore, I just don't stick around for it and I leave the match alongside my teammates.

    If you don't want to mess with Boba Fett's abilities, my only other suggestion would be to "speed up" Chewbacca and improve some of his.

    So every other hero/villan doesn't exploit their abilities? Force push and mind control work on Boba to knock him out/down.
    Most characters can run seems you're upset boba can escape better, given his low health and unimpressive attacks (compared to others) I think he's fine.
    Its the game mode that needs changed/expanded with other modes included not the disabling of abilities.
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    Lagodaki wrote: »
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    Ok, please stop with these nerf Boba threads, if you cant kill Boba you suck, period. His Jetpack is fine. If we go off what you're saying I guess we need to nerf Rey too because someone was hiding on the roofs in Yavin with Rey the other day
    At least she wasn’t in the wall

    Lol, that one spot in Yavin where you can go in the wall is still there since launch

    Lol did they patch the part where you can jump into the ceiling from that wall spot?
  • Learn to aim.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Yoda_Skywalker
    147 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Lots of good points in this thread. Boba ability to fly gives him an unfair advantage on several levels and aiming is a lot easier on a PC than it is on the consoles.

    I don’t need him nerfed, I just want him offset by a Light Side flyer. Maybe we can get Anikan in a pod or Leia with her now canon ability to fly.

    giphy.gif
    Post edited by Yoda_Skywalker on


    giphy.gif
  • Boba fett is a top 3 villains in 4v4s everytime. Especially in long and medium maps like naboo. If the LS are really good then they might kill a boba by using their abilities on them. Whoever says boba is not hard to kill then its obvious u go against clueless bobas.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I made myself clear. Did you read my post? You cannot aim at someone who is flying around a large map from one side to the other. Han Solo and Chewbacca are not Olympic gymnasts able to pirouette across the floor to CATCH...... him.

    Yes, I read it and you did make yourself clear. Every game has noobs playing it and this is not the exception. If you are as successful as you claim to be shooting him down, then awesome, help your team and focus entirely on Boba. You can’t just nerf a character because noobs give up and quit. Boba is quite fragile. Sure some maps help him and do make the match longer but there are only a few and if your team is competent he’s no problem at all.
    Never suggest changes based on experience alongside noobs.

    You must be a Boba player. :p OP's point is legit, and I'm usually very anti nerf. As a matter of fact, I'm not suggesting a nerf for Boba, but rather that they killswitch him out of HvV entirely, since DICE is clearly unable to fix every spot in every map that only he can get to.

    It's very easy for a Boba player to just avoid Chewie, and fly to somewhere else every time he starts to get close. There's no way you're not aware of this. It's not like experienced players don't find it incredibly annoying as well. Boba can fly higher than Luke can Push, and I've pushed people jumping off the top of the AT-AT on Endor, while I was standing on the ground below, looking straight up.....so that's pretty high.

    I'm lucky in that not many people on Xbox play Boba this way, but one should not be at the mercy of one's opponent's choice of whether or not to play him as a troll character.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Well I quite enjoy going as boba. But I'll never use his jet pack to just run away all round. I'll use it to get to team mates quickly if they're being attacked or if I become the target so I can team up.

    The real issue is with the players who run... They're probably the same ones who use wall glitches or jump off the edges when they become the target.
  • TjPunx
    1529 posts Member
    The targeting system is fine. Boba is way too OP
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    The targeting system is fine. Boba is way too OP

    If you are referring to him running he is OP, however if not, he is not OP since no potato will just spawn and demolish with him
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

    I made myself clear. Did you read my post? You cannot aim at someone who is flying around a large map from one side to the other. Han Solo and Chewbacca are not Olympic gymnasts able to pirouette across the floor to CATCH...... him.

    Yes, I read it and you did make yourself clear. Every game has noobs playing it and this is not the exception. If you are as successful as you claim to be shooting him down, then awesome, help your team and focus entirely on Boba. You can’t just nerf a character because noobs give up and quit. Boba is quite fragile. Sure some maps help him and do make the match longer but there are only a few and if your team is competent he’s no problem at all.
    Never suggest changes based on experience alongside noobs.

    You must be a Boba player. :p OP's point is legit, and I'm usually very anti nerf. As a matter of fact, I'm not suggesting a nerf for Boba, but rather that they killswitch him out of HvV entirely, since DICE is clearly unable to fix every spot in every map that only he can get to.

    It's very easy for a Boba player to just avoid Chewie, and fly to somewhere else every time he starts to get close. There's no way you're not aware of this. It's not like experienced players don't find it incredibly annoying as well. Boba can fly higher than Luke can Push, and I've pushed people jumping off the top of the AT-AT on Endor, while I was standing on the ground below, looking straight up.....so that's pretty high.

    I'm lucky in that not many people on Xbox play Boba this way, but one should not be at the mercy of one's opponent's choice of whether or not to play him as a troll character.

    I'm not a Boba player, I play as Boba sometimes depending on the map and my other teammates' picks. I'm good with every character. For that reason I don't main any character in neither mode. But for further clarification of everything I meant to say in this thread, read the following comment I posted above:
    anidriX wrote:

    1. Runners are annoying whether it's Boba flying, Luke Running, Maul Running. Being able to catch them doesn't make them any less annoying. Luke is the number one runner for the LS but I'm not going to ask for him to get a higher Push Cooldown.
    2. A running Boba is just another runner. Is it annoying? Sure. Is it difficult to deal with? No. Are there exceptions to this? Yes, there are certain maps where Boba is very hard to catch which is something I agreed with OP. Yavin IV is a perfect example of this but that is a map problem, not Boba's. If I'm playing one of those maps, I deal with Boba the best I can.
    3. Fighting a non-running Boba is not a problem. If you have good aim, all 5 blaster heroes can deal with him. If you don't, your team will have a tough time. If your LS team is fully comprised of lightsabers, your team will have a tough time dealing with him.
    4. I never said Boba wasn't a strong character, he sure is and if left uncheck, he can destroy your team. But if you have a balance team with 2 blasters which include Han, Chewie or Finn and they keep an eye for Boba, then YES, he can be dealt with without problem.
    5. I'm on PC, reaction time and precision are higher there which makes dealing with Boba a little easier, something I made clear in one of my earlier posts.
    6. Regardless of what my skill is and what my opinion is, running is still a thing, and even though I would be able to deal with it, adding a Jetpack LS character would aggravate the problem, and seeing how many thread are created daily complaining about the target system, adding such character is not a smart idea.

  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    2544 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Personally, I think the problem is map design, but the devs can’t really change an entire map to Jabba’s Palace where the ceilings are low and Boba can’t fly. The Geonosis HvV map is the worst for this (no ceiling, all open-area, lots of high ledges, Boba also blends in well).
    I would love for the LS to have a jetpack hero for themselves. I wouldn’t nerf Boba.

    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

    What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • TiNie
    199 posts Member
    edited January 30
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    Although it was more than likely unintentional, Boba Fett is a big problem on most maps. Once a player is familiar enough with him, the player is able to exploit his abilities. Boba Fett can fly from one side to the other making Heroes vs. Villains matches excruciatingly long and not because the teams are even... or anyone is having fun. It's because everyone is chasing him. Yes, you have to use blasters (Chewbacca) to knock Boba Fett out of the air and although I'm mostly successful with that strategy, I look at the player list and my team is already long gone. In other words, I've noticed a new pattern lately where if someone is Boba Fett, half the light side leaves. If someone is Boba Fett and it's a large map, players leave. If someone chooses Boba Fett and the level 40 player is so good with him no one can catch him, then half the light side leaves. Anymore, I just don't stick around for it and I leave the match alongside my teammates.

    If you don't want to mess with Boba Fett's abilities, my only other suggestion would be to "speed up" Chewbacca and improve some of his.

    I am with you. If you are a competent Boba Fett player, lightsaber heroes are not able to catch him, if the map is not with abyss. But even then he can "hide" somewhere, where he cannot push over the egde. I had a Boba Fett player in my team in HvV, he was the target and attacked!! Rey and Chewbacca alone. The result, he scored for us.
    Don't listen to those who think everything is so easy, maybe it's easy for them, because they uses hacks to get him, although they are a few gamers who can compete with a good Boba Fett player.
    Boba Fett is a villains best used for running away. That's annoying too. It is most of the time a cat-and-mouse game. By the way Boba Fett was often used to hide in exploits.

    Boba is as slippery as Darth Sidious beeing a ligthsaber hereo, except of Rey, because she can stunlock Sidious the best.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!