criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Boba Fett Problem

2Next

Replies

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i was hopping we escaped this thread. NO its been discussed to death. STOP no more pain
  • TjPunx
    1238 posts Member
    Jetpack for Maz is needed
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    BellaCigno wrote: »
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

I made myself clear. Did you read my post? You cannot aim at someone who is flying around a large map from one side to the other. Han Solo and Chewbacca are not Olympic gymnasts able to pirouette across the floor to CATCH...... him.

Yes, I read it and you did make yourself clear. Every game has noobs playing it and this is not the exception. If you are as successful as you claim to be shooting him down, then awesome, help your team and focus entirely on Boba. You can’t just nerf a character because noobs give up and quit. Boba is quite fragile. Sure some maps help him and do make the match longer but there are only a few and if your team is competent he’s no problem at all.
    Never suggest changes based on experience alongside noobs.

You must be a Boba player. :p OP's point is legit, and I'm usually very anti nerf. As a matter of fact, I'm not suggesting a nerf for Boba, but rather that they killswitch him out of HvV entirely, since DICE is clearly unable to fix every spot in every map that only he can get to.

It's very easy for a Boba player to just avoid Chewie, and fly to somewhere else every time he starts to get close. There's no way you're not aware of this. It's not like experienced players don't find it incredibly annoying as well. Boba can fly higher than Luke can Push, and I've pushed people jumping off the top of the AT-AT on Endor, while I was standing on the ground below, looking straight up.....so that's pretty high.

I'm lucky in that not many people on Xbox play Boba this way, but one should not be at the mercy of one's opponent's choice of whether or not to play him as a troll character.

I'm not a Boba player, I play as Boba sometimes depending on the map and my other teammates' picks. I'm good with every character. For that reason I don't main any character in neither mode. But for further clarification of everything I meant to say in this thread, read the following comment I posted above:
    anidriX wrote:

1. Runners are annoying whether it's Boba flying, Luke Running, Maul Running. Being able to catch them doesn't make them any less annoying. Luke is the number one runner for the LS but I'm not going to ask for him to get a higher Push Cooldown.
    2. A running Boba is just another runner. Is it annoying? Sure. Is it difficult to deal with? No. Are there exceptions to this? Yes, there are certain maps where Boba is very hard to catch which is something I agreed with OP. Yavin IV is a perfect example of this but that is a map problem, not Boba's. If I'm playing one of those maps, I deal with Boba the best I can.
    3. Fighting a non-running Boba is not a problem. If you have good aim, all 5 blaster heroes can deal with him. If you don't, your team will have a tough time. If your LS team is fully comprised of lightsabers, your team will have a tough time dealing with him.
    4. I never said Boba wasn't a strong character, he sure is and if left uncheck, he can destroy your team. But if you have a balance team with 2 blasters which include Han, Chewie or Finn and they keep an eye for Boba, then YES, he can be dealt with without problem.
    5. I'm on PC, reaction time and precision are higher there which makes dealing with Boba a little easier, something I made clear in one of my earlier posts.
    6. Regardless of what my skill is and what my opinion is, running is still a thing, and even though I would be able to deal with it, adding a Jetpack LS character would aggravate the problem, and seeing how many thread are created daily complaining about the target system, adding such character is not a smart idea.

Nah, you're most likely right about everything, pretty much. It's very rare that Boba makes me want to stab myself in the forehead....but it happens. I was just thinking about Maz as a LS jetpack character earlier.

My thing is, we know they're never going to fix every issue with every map. Look at the wall glitch on Yavvvin 4.

The main reason I originally thought about killswitching Boba, for the first time, was as a response to the folks who use Boba as an excuse to try to appeal to the devs, to get the target system eliminated. Boba's never bothered me that much.

I will stand by the assertion that it is fortunate that most people don't play Boba troll style. I would probably lose my patience with it very quickly, and might complain more, if they did.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
    This again. No such problem. Learn how to aim. He only has 550hp and a lot of counters and IF you are playing on Yavin IV, deal with it.

I made myself clear. Did you read my post? You cannot aim at someone who is flying around a large map from one side to the other. Han Solo and Chewbacca are not Olympic gymnasts able to pirouette across the floor to CATCH...... him.

Yes, I read it and you did make yourself clear. Every game has noobs playing it and this is not the exception. If you are as successful as you claim to be shooting him down, then awesome, help your team and focus entirely on Boba. You can’t just nerf a character because noobs give up and quit. Boba is quite fragile. Sure some maps help him and do make the match longer but there are only a few and if your team is competent he’s no problem at all.

You must be a Boba player. :p OP's point is legit, and I'm usually very anti nerf. As a matter of fact, I'm not suggesting a nerf for Boba, but rather that they killswitch him out of HvV entirely, since DICE is clearly unable to fix every spot in every map that only he can get to.

It's very easy for a Boba player to just avoid Chewie, and fly to somewhere else every time he starts to get close. There's no way you're not aware of this. It's not like experienced players don't find it incredibly annoying as well. Boba can fly higher than Luke can Push, and I've pushed people jumping off the top of the AT-AT on Endor, while I was standing on the ground below, looking straight up.....so that's pretty high.

I'm lucky in that not many people on Xbox play Boba this way, but one should not be at the mercy of one's opponent's choice of whether or not to play him as a troll character.

I'm not a Boba player, I play as Boba sometimes depending on the map and my other teammates' picks. I'm good with every character. For that reason I don't main any character in neither mode. But for further clarification of everything I meant to say in this thread, read the following comment I posted above:
    anidriX wrote:

1. Runners are annoying whether it's Boba flying, Luke Running, Maul Running. Being able to catch them doesn't make them any less annoying. Luke is the number one runner for the LS but I'm not going to ask for him to get a higher Push Cooldown.
    2. A running Boba is just another runner. Is it annoying? Sure. Is it difficult to deal with? No. Are there exceptions to this? Yes, there are certain maps where Boba is very hard to catch which is something I agreed with OP. Yavin IV is a perfect example of this but that is a map problem, not Boba's. If I'm playing one of those maps, I deal with Boba the best I can.
    3. Fighting a non-running Boba is not a problem. If you have good aim, all 5 blaster heroes can deal with him. If you don't, your team will have a tough time. If your LS team is fully comprised of lightsabers, your team will have a tough time dealing with him.
    4. I never said Boba wasn't a strong character, he sure is and if left uncheck, he can destroy your team. But if you have a balance team with 2 blasters which include Han, Chewie or Finn and they keep an eye for Boba, then YES, he can be dealt with without problem.
    5. I'm on PC, reaction time and precision are higher there which makes dealing with Boba a little easier, something I made clear in one of my earlier posts.
    6. Regardless of what my skill is and what my opinion is, running is still a thing, and even though I would be able to deal with it, adding a Jetpack LS character would aggravate the problem, and seeing how many thread are created daily complaining about the target system, adding such character is not a smart idea.

Nah, you're most likely right about everything, pretty much. It's very rare that Boba makes me want to stab myself in the forehead....but it happens. I was just thinking about Maz as a LS jetpack character earlier.

My thing is, we know they're never going to fix every issue with every map. Look at the wall glitch on Yavvvin 4.

The main reason I originally thought about killswitching Boba, for the first time, was as a response to the folks who use Boba as an excuse to try to appeal to the devs, to get the target system eliminated. Boba's never bothered me that much.

I will stand by the assertion that it is fortunate that most people don't play Boba troll style. I would probably lose my patience with it very quickly, and might complain more, if they did.

words words edit police stop eating my posts
    ZI7BNkU.gif

anidriX wrote:

words words edit police
    words words stop eating my posts
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• we already have a Solution to Boba Fett.

Hes a Former First order Stormtrooper, goes by the name of Finn. and has a nifty ability that lets the game aim for you called Deadeye. Try using that.

and if you dont well......Sucks to Suck.
  • Madinogi wrote: »
    we already have a Solution to Boba Fett.

Hes a Former First order Stormtrooper, goes by the name of Finn. and has a nifty ability that lets the game aim for you called Deadeye. Try using that.

Lol thinking Finn can compete with Boba....never failing to deliver!
  • Lagodaki
    422 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Madinogi wrote: »

Boba could counter FN-2187 with blaster disabler, assuming it works which most of the time it doesn’t..
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »

Boba could counter FN-2187 with blaster disabler, assuming it works which most of the time it doesn’t..

Bobas counter to any hero is the player controlling him not being a potato.
  • Lagodaki
    422 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Lagodaki wrote: »

Bobas counter to any hero is the player controlling him not being a potato.
    Yeah I know all the tricks for countering saber heroes, for blaster heroes you need to really use the environment. And on maps like Bespin you will have a very hard time.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • The problem isn't that Boba is OP, it's that most players use him to camp on high areas and just shoot and barrage from above. Whenever boba is the target, don't even think about fighting him. He is going to go to the highest point of the map or just fly every time in the air, never fighting. There are no real solutions to this. Even if the team removes every glitch in every map, boba will still find spots to hide.

Perhaps a solution would be put a border in the sky, preventing him from going too high?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif

its true. his Dead has killed me so many times as boba. im flying and suddenly get locked on and lit up by him before i can react, just because you suck and he doesnt work for you doesnt mean Boba needs a Nerf.

Again. Sucks to Suck.

its true. his Dead has killed me so many times as boba. im flying and suddenly get locked on and lit up by him before i can react, just because you suck and he doesnt work for you doesnt mean Boba needs a Nerf.

Again. Sucks to Suck.

Agreed it is not ideal to be cabbage at this game
  • Quote:

Absolut, but this is one of the easier Bugs to fix. But a chair on a box in front of the wall side and no one could pass through anymore.

Back to Boba:
    I don't know if someone already mentioned it, but if I know the right parameters, Boba's rocket salve with starcards for more rockets and against heroes can deal up to 900 damage with one use. That is a 100% death to all non buffed heroes in HvV. Besides pushing someone down into the Abyss, it's the deadliest ability for all characters.
    This is one reason, why a little skill Boba Player can rule a match HvV over all the others.
    This in combination with Boba Cowards/ Runners makes him not only op, but annoying too.

Deadeye doesnt always lock or stay locked to the original target. Ive had it switch many times in the middle of shooting.
  • I've located the problem:

cuq2gvf4006k.jpg
  • Boba mad squishy.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh