criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Most likely next heroes - how to balance - considering jetpacks...

awakespace
890 posts Member
edited January 29
I know some of you want the developers to focus on other things like private matches (PLEASE), maps, server browser, new trooper weapons, new enforcers, etc. This is simply to discuss the possibility of new heroes.

In the large poll of over 12,000 participants that asked questions regarding most wanted heroes from a few months ago https://imgur.com/a/MTEv55W the most requested on the lightside were (in order of popularity) Ahsoka, Mace, Rex, Qui-Gon, Padme. On the dark side it was Ventress, Jango, Cad Bane, Thrawn, Snoke.

Ahsoka and Ventress are a good counterpoint to each other, so that is easy, and seems possibly in the works already.

Mace makes more sense with Jango in terms of history but not in terms of gameplay style. We do need more blaster heroes at this point, so in terms of movie importance Padme and Jango make the most sense. Still adding another jetpack to the game on only the dark side doesn't sound balanced. Could Padme have a jetpack? Rex is actually more wanted by the fans, and is actually a great option as a counter to Jango, since he definitely uses a jetpack at times - and is the most famous influential and notable clone. Who would be opposite Mace? I guess at that point Bane is fine (as long as he can't really fly with his rocket boots) since there would be so many characters to chose from. Savage? Or maybe even Snoke (even though he's a different era?)

Thoughts?

Replies

• I’d much rather have mace but we really need a jet pack counter on the LS. Would it be appropriate for Mace to have a super-jump ability, perhaps?

Also. No Sio Bibble?? It’s unthinkable! :lol:

pH
  • Best hero pairs I could think of?... Mace and Jango, Gui-Gon and OOM-9, Jyn and Krennic, Padme and Zam Wessel. All great choices that played important parts in the movies. And since it sounds like they're going to be added already, Ashoka and Ventress. As for the jetpack problem? who cares. I don't mind playing against Boba in multiplayer. It just makes me feel that much better when I can take him out.
  • Are we mainly talking HvV match ups here?

I think if Mace is added, his potential counterpart is already in the game, as Vader.

LS doesn’t NEED a jet pack user. Chewie and Lando can swat him out of the air just fine. A good Leia player and Finn can as well. The problem I see often is people disregard him until it’s too late and the barrage comes raining down.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Honestly, do we really need more light saber heroes or villains? There are enough for everyone to have a 4v4 light saber match. I would love to see some good blaster heroes. Maybe Nein Numb and Dengar. Or Baze Malbus and IG-88.
  • I am totally against adding a 2nd jetpack villain like Jango to the game, at least until DICE finally drops the target system from HvV. It is broken enough having Boba be able to cross the whole map in seconds to run while he is target, then perch up on top of a tower that is hard to access for any of the hero characters. Only way I would accept a 2nd jetpack villain being added while the target system is still in place is if the hero team did get a jetpack user like Rex or Sabine.
  • Heroes don’t need a “counter” when released. Finn is Boba’s counter. Obi is Maul’s counter, so in and so forth.

If Ahsoka must come then go nuts and release Dengar, IG88 or Zuckuss with her. That way fans of one era don’t have to wait 2, 3 or 4 months for their turn for a new hero.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Raylol
    772 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Deleted
  • Phyrebrat
    823 posts Member
    edited January 29
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Are we mainly talking HvV match ups here?

I think if Mace is added, his potential counterpart is already in the game, as Vader.

LS doesn’t NEED a jet pack user. Chewie and Lando can swat him out of the air just fine. A good Leia player and Finn can as well. The problem I see often is people disregard him until it’s too late and the barrage comes raining down.

And to the rest of the peanut gallery...

Yes. You can shoot Boba down. If he’s halfway across the map by the time you’ve got to him he’s up and gone. We need another jet pack user to chase down Boba runners.

What is there not to get about this? Or is it just a soapbox you can stand on and yell ‘I’m good, I’m good, I’m good’ into the echo chamber of the internet.

We know you can shoot him down. But it doesn’t necessarily end there.

pH
  • Problem is, 60 percent of Bobas are peopel who fly across the map, never getting touched, and usually camp as the target.
    If we ever get another jetpack hero, i'm afraid it will be the same thing.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Yeah, No. AX padme completely fact is she's a lame character with no unique traits or gadgets of her own compared to Windu. It's virtually no contest outside of some eccentric adversity to saber Heroes, as if they're annoying or old or something.

Yes to Captain Rex, possible as a sub-variant of an enforcer or the like. Not so sure if He's Hero worthy, but then again you guys are talking about padme here.

As far as Jango's Jetpack? No. I don't want to see a sloppily pasted on Aerial Jetpack or a noticeably trashier version of Boba's simply because a couple kids can't manage to melee him when he's flying (duh!) or have crap aim and can't hit a moving target. We're not pre-nerfiing him just to placate to the HvV crowd. Trust me boba gets swatted down like a fly in GA and is virtually a sitting duck if his jetpack gets permanently disabled at any point. Let's not make it any worse for Jango.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Raices
    1037 posts Member
    Heroes needing a similar "counterpart" is a silly argument if you ask me, they're also being realesed on different dates.
  • Yeah, No. AX padme completely fact is she's a lame character with no unique traits or gadgets of her own compared to Windu. It's virtually no contest outside of some eccentric adversity to saber Heroes, as if they're annoying or old or something.

Padme isn't a lame character. She is one of the PT main heroes and did fight at the frontlines (Battle of Naboo, Geonosis Arena, etc). Not having Padme would be like not having Leia in the game. She's essentially the Leia of the PT. If there will be more heroes after Anakin, Padme needs to be added before Mace Windu, who is just a secondary charcater.

I'm not opposed against Mace Windu coming to the game, as he is a pretty well known and popular character too, but IMO Padme is just more important and should come first.
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »

Yes. You can shoot Boba down. If he’s halfway across the map by the time you’ve got to him he’s up and gone. We need another jet pack user to chase down Boba runners.

What is there not to get about this? Or is it just a soapbox you can stand on and yell ‘I’m good, I’m good, I’m good’ into the echo chamber of the internet.

pH

Lol calm yourself down there fella. Just my opinion from experience. Didn’t say I was the good Leia player did I? Yes, he’s obviously annoying to chase, but that doesn’t mean they should double down and further the headaches with additional jet packs.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • "Large poll"

Lol
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Piscettios wrote: »
    Phyrebrat wrote: »

pH

Lol calm yourself down there fella. Just my opinion from experience. Didn’t say I was the good Leia player did I? Yes, he’s obviously annoying to chase, but that doesn’t mean they should double down and further the headaches with additional jet packs.

Apologies for quoting you specifically; pure laziness. I wanted to refer the ‘Boba can be shot down’ crowd to the fact that it’s a deeper problem that.

Don’t worry about me, these pills have me super calm but more importantly...

I’m not a fella. :wink:

pH

pH

I’m not a fella. :wink:

Haha oops, likewise on the apology, for the assumption. 👌🏻
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Ppong_Man12
    1899 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Padme’, we have waaaaaaay to many lame spambot glow stick protesters, need more blaster heroes imo. Just add all of them, the blaster mains and the other saber users, as long as QuiGon is first.
  • MC_XIX
    1421 posts Member
    I can't believe people want Ahsoka and Ventress before Mace & Jango. Who voted in this poll?!

Anyway, the LS doesn't really need a jetpack hero. The target system needs removing from HvV, and then nobody will need to chase after Boba ever again. And then Jango could be introduced without any issues.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Honestly, do we really need more light saber heroes or villains? There are enough for everyone to have a 4v4 light saber match. I would love to see some good blaster heroes. Maybe Nein Numb and Dengar. Or Baze Malbus and IG-88.

Agreed

Padme - Jango

Baze - Dengar

IG-88 - Chirrut

Krennic - Jyn

the next necessities.
  • How is the dark side supposed to knock them out of the sky like the light side can do with finn, lando, chewie etc, that's real balance

pH

Surely in adding a second Jet Pack Hero it would simply double the problem?

2 players would spend the match chasing each other around the maps, most likely with one being more powerful than the other because... balance. :D

The way to combat Boba is to change the targeting system.
  • Versatti wrote: »

pH

Surely in adding a second Jet Pack Hero it would simply double the problem?

2 players would spend the match chasing each other around the maps, most likely with one being more powerful than the other because... balance. :D

The way to combat Boba is to change the targeting system.

I’m not so sure it would. I mean the boba thing is predicated in the fact he’s the only one that can do it (I think). Introducing another on the opposite side would negate that.

Even if I’m wrong at least it would allow for one on one encounters rather than zero on one.

pH
  • I dont care at this point if they add Jango noobs and pros alike tend to overrate Boba and the only issue is the target system that needs to be changed.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000