criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Melee is so stupid right now - please fix

If melee is going to stun lock and overpower saber swings, please give saber heroes a melee ability so they can attack close quarters too

But seriously, this is stupid and needs to be fixed along with the other major bugs (e.g. blocking not working until stamina depletion, boba's jetpack not working at all, Bossk's thermal vision not working, etc.)

Replies

• Lagodaki
    912 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Bossk’s thermal hurts my eyes lol, saber blocks have been breaking for a long time for everyone. Even Yodas block breaks and he doesn’t block with his saber. It’s worse now but hopefully it gets fixed soon, the stun lock problem will probably be fixed in March
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    Bossk’s thermal hurts my eyes lol, saber blocks have been breaking for a long time for everyone. Even Yodas block breaks and he doesn’t block with his saber. It’s worse now but hopefully it gets fixed soon, the stun lock problem will probably be fixed in March

Block breaking and jetpack breaking have been happening since the stamina system introduction like 8 months ago... Bossk's issue has been since launch... I guess you are right - they will be fixed soon
  • Blaster heroes are Gods right now in HvV. Especially LS blasters. It's kinda funny because saber combat actually feels slightly better since block is working. It's not great, but better. I 3v1 Grievous, Maul, and Dooku as Luke. They were spamming R2, I was actually being strategic. Killed Maul and Grievous. Got help to kill Dooku. Walked away with more than 50% health. We won the match 6-0. Then switched to DS. I'm Maul with Dooku, Kylo and Iden and we get absolutely melted by Han, Lando, Chewie and Leia. 0 eliminations for our team. Stun, after stun, after stun. If you actually get close enough to melee, they will roll towards you and melee you to death. Roll, stun, roll, melee, roll, stun. Garbage and no fun.

Just add it to the list of reasons why HvV is complete trash.
  • Whole point of blaster heroes is to keep your distance and you have a shot. Now as a saber user, there is a very tight sweet spot and a good blaster hero will save their stun for when you're in that spot. You really don't have a chance against a blaster hero that knows what their doing.
  • Are you serious? Lightsabers are melee attacks and as for trooper melee it's fine it takes two hits from a saber and they are dead, non issue
  • Blaster heroes are Gods right now in HvV. Especially LS blasters. It's kinda funny because saber combat actually feels slightly better since block is working. It's not great, but better. I 3v1 Grievous, Maul, and Dooku as Luke. They were spamming R2, I was actually being strategic. Killed Maul and Grievous. Got help to kill Dooku. Walked away with more than 50% health. We won the match 6-0. Then switched to DS. I'm Maul with Dooku, Kylo and Iden and we get absolutely melted by Han, Lando, Chewie and Leia. 0 eliminations for our team. Stun, after stun, after stun. If you actually get close enough to melee, they will roll towards you and melee you to death. Roll, stun, roll, melee, roll, stun. Garbage and no fun.

I'm surprised with the amount of stun spamming I have seen lately with blaster heroes... It was never like that before Christmas.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Blaster heroes are Gods right now in HvV. Especially LS blasters. It's kinda funny because saber combat actually feels slightly better since block is working. It's not great, but better. I 3v1 Grievous, Maul, and Dooku as Luke. They were spamming R2, I was actually being strategic. Killed Maul and Grievous. Got help to kill Dooku. Walked away with more than 50% health. We won the match 6-0. Then switched to DS. I'm Maul with Dooku, Kylo and Iden and we get absolutely melted by Han, Lando, Chewie and Leia. 0 eliminations for our team. Stun, after stun, after stun. If you actually get close enough to melee, they will roll towards you and melee you to death. Roll, stun, roll, melee, roll, stun. Garbage and no fun.

I'm surprised with the amount of stun spamming I have seen lately with blaster heroes... It was never like that before Christmas.

stunning is the only possible way a blaster hero can fight against a saber hero. You want them to take stunning abilities out so that saber heroes have an ever bigger advantage over blaster heroes?

all these issues would be fixed if they just created the older style of HvV where there would be infantry in the battle too. These issues never happened in the first game. Hmm I wonder why.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Blaster heroes are Gods right now in HvV. Especially LS blasters. It's kinda funny because saber combat actually feels slightly better since block is working. It's not great, but better. I 3v1 Grievous, Maul, and Dooku as Luke. They were spamming R2, I was actually being strategic. Killed Maul and Grievous. Got help to kill Dooku. Walked away with more than 50% health. We won the match 6-0. Then switched to DS. I'm Maul with Dooku, Kylo and Iden and we get absolutely melted by Han, Lando, Chewie and Leia. 0 eliminations for our team. Stun, after stun, after stun. If you actually get close enough to melee, they will roll towards you and melee you to death. Roll, stun, roll, melee, roll, stun. Garbage and no fun.

TheScape wrote: »

stunning is the only possible way a blaster hero can fight against a saber hero. You want them to take stunning abilities out so that saber heroes have an ever bigger advantage over blaster heroes?

all these issues would be fixed if they just created the older style of HvV where there would be infantry in the battle too. These issues never happened in the first game. Hmm I wonder why.

I completely agree with both of you. Stuns are all over the place recently. Wasn't a big issue in first game.

I do find it strange though that the blaster heroes can stun you, melt your health, roll close to you, finish you off with a melee and you don't even have a chance to swing.
  • Are you serious? Lightsabers are melee attacks and as for trooper melee it's fine it takes two hits from a saber and they are dead, non issue

The issue is that blaster melee distance voids your lightsaber. Your sabers swing right past them at close distance like that. As a saber user, you have to be in that sweet spot to connect. That's where a good blaster hero will stun you, shoot you, roll close to you, finish you off with melee. It's been a lot recently. Not to mention the slight stun that a blaster melee does to you as well. We aren't talking about getting snuck up on here. Head to Head combat, 1 saber, 1 blaster. Before the Dooku update, best (talented) player would generally win. Now, it appears to be advantage blaster hero. Doesn't matter. HvV is trash anyway.
  • awakespace
    1153 posts Member
    edited January 30

This isn't actually true. First, even in close quarters I can handle a saber user pretty easily with Leia, Finn, Han, Boba, and Bossk - none who have stuns. Finn is the hardest yet still manageable, but the other 4 are really ate quite capable. Leia and Han can melt any saber hero faster than a saber hero can take them out just shooting them in the face and standing there (higher DPS) - plus blinding, detoniting and shoulder charging make it so that you don't even need to take much damage. Boba is great up close and personal because of his dash mobility, and Bossk is an explosive poison slippery menace. Secondly, if I manage my positioning correctly with a blaster user and keep sabers at a distance they have major difficulty even reaching me. I'm not saying I want stuns out of the game - I think they are actually very manageable to avoid - you just have to play it right.

one hit kill from behind with these new heroes with 1 million damage
  • TjPunx
    1599 posts Member

Absolutely not. We play HvV so we can play as a hero instead of a trooper. If you would like to play HvV as a trooper go back to 15
  • I got pummeled to death by Chewy by just melee, I was Vader with focused Rage full health, we started hitting each other and he beat me. Somehow his melees had stunning effect on me, but not my saber hits.
  • awakespace wrote: »

This isn't actually true. First, even in close quarters I can handle a saber user pretty easily with Leia, Finn, Han, Boba, and Bossk - none who have stuns. Finn is the hardest yet still manageable, but the other 4 are really ate quite capable. Leia and Han can melt any saber hero faster than a saber hero can take them out just shooting them in the face and standing there (higher DPS) - plus blinding, detoniting and shoulder charging make it so that you don't even need to take much damage. Boba is great up close and personal because of his dash mobility, and Bossk is an explosive poison slippery menace. Secondly, if I manage my positioning correctly with a blaster user and keep sabers at a distance they have major difficulty even reaching me. I'm not saying I want stuns out of the game - I think they are actually very manageable to avoid - you just have to play it right.

Agreed, no saber has an advantage to a blaster, saying so is just blatantly incorrect even down to the basic mechanic level.

Agreed, no saber has an advantage to a blaster, saying so is just blatantly incorrect even down to the basic mechanic level.
    You can say that when you're getting instakilled by Rey while playing as Iden. Sure, you can get some shots in, but with the magical magnetic light sabers that have been recently added, once a saber user hits you once, all they need to do is keep swinging because they're automatically locked on to you.

As if this game wasn't casual enough.

You can say that when you're getting instakilled by Rey while playing as Iden. Sure, you can get some shots in, but with the magical magnetic light sabers that have been recently added, once a saber user hits you once, all they need to do is keep swinging because they're automatically locked on to you.

As if this game wasn't casual enough.

If I was bad enough to die as a blaster 1v1 to saber I would uninstall...

What you describe is cabbage situational awareness, something I don’t possess, and yes, this is a casual game, no one has ever said otherwise or will since this has blatant asymmetrical balancing so therefore can never be what the likes of CS is.
  • I got pummeled to death by Chewy by just melee, I was Vader with focused Rage full health, we started hitting each other and he beat me. Somehow his melees had stunning effect on me, but not my saber hits.

Chewy is supposed to have a strong melee, but the way melee behaves now when you are a blaster hero is crazy. I'm seriously fed up of seeing my saber swings miss and then a blaster hero coming to me to melee me and stunning me while doing so. As I said before, the way people is starting to spam melee with any blaster hero against lightsaber ones is just crazy. Even with amazing blaster heroes like Han that can deal with sabers with their weapon.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
    That’s kinda funny 😆 I always get into slap fights with Chewie
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction