criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please port ALL the Maps from Battlefront 2015 to Battlefront II

pretty sure this has been asked before and a lot of you would love to have all the maps in the one game and also not everyone got to even play some of later dlc for the first game due to server population dropping back when the new game got announced.

i know some maps from the first game are in bf2 but some of the best ones aren't like the rogue one dlc maps and the death star dlc maps and others.

would love to finally play those.
Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)

Replies

• either this or we need to all just go back and play BF2015 again. Once the lobbies drain from BF2017 I think they'll get the idea.

they have the maps, why not use them? Currently Extraction has a whopping two maps, that's TWO maps, and I've seen threads back in June and July asking for more, yet we get nothing since then.

• either this or we need to all just go back and play BF2015 again. Once the lobbies drain from BF2017 I think they'll get the idea.

they have the maps, why not use them? Currently Extraction has a whopping two maps, that's TWO maps, and I've seen threads back in June and July asking for more, yet we get nothing since then.

I would be totally up for this. The game needs more OT content.
  • slarlac249
    129 posts Member
    edited January 31
    as it stands the game still feels short on content. all they keep doing is characters and maybe one new map....it sucks.

what happened to dlc with 3-4 maps?
  • This would be amazing.
  • I think there's a good chance they will port over some maps for the large scale game mode.
  • If they port them over for large scale then it would only take them a little bit more effort to give them as new maps for HvV, Hero Showdown, Blast, & Strike. Also we are all still waiting on the Crait HvV map that was promised at the beginning of 2018.

Bespin Cloud City could even be used as a GA map because they just need to take walker assault on Battlefield 1 and apply to GA.

They could almost do Rogue One GA map and as a large scale game mode map because all they have to do is combine the three unique ground maps for the rogue one dlc into one map. Bam Rogue One for Galactic assault and the new large scale game mode is basically complete. They could add the citadel "tower" as like a third or fourth phase where you have to try to get and control the panel at the top of the tower to transmit the plans!
    0vhad9dykak6.png

Another idea is to create multiple landing pads using the three previously built maps, so that depending upon who won on that landing pad you would be forced to shift to several different landing pads, so that the map played out slightly different each time you play Scariff. Each side still has to complete three objectives.....capture or defend three landing pads, but the next landing pad you go to depends upon which side one the battle with the most enemies defeated. I mean look how many islands and landing pads their are in the below picture of scariff......lots of islands to work with.

yc28ksy4xaa6.png

Then Dice would just have to get someone to come in and do voice lines like the movie about the different landing pads being under attack for whichever landing pads they chose to develop........pad 5 is under attack(which would be the next landing pad you would go to!) I know that the rebels tricked them with the false messages over the intercom, but maybe just ignore that for now.

Final victory scene for rebels:
    You see Deathstar from the beach like @ 0:47 in video, then you cut to it firing and hitting the beach ground @ 1:09, you hear "Rogue One may the Force be with you over the intercom" from Admiral Raddus, then the mushroom cloud makes the whole screen go white.

• I'm here as I was gonna suggest this - Merge all previous Star Fighter Assault, Galactic Assault and Blast maps please - Endor, Sullust, Tatooine, Hoth, Jakku, Hutt Palace, Death Star etc We want/need them
  • I want them ported over as well it doesn’t require as much work as making new ones. It would be just easy fan service.

As for extraction, I had an idea of using Bespin for this, they could make the payload Han Solo frozen in Carbonite with the STORMTROOPERS pushing it for once, and cloud city personnel/rebels stopping it on its way to Boba Fett's ship (Slave I). As well as adding galactic assault for bespin with walkers similar to in the first Battlefront maybe...?
  • Not only should they add the maps, but the special edition modes for Rogue one and the death star with three stages, those were my favorite thing about the first game but I can't ever play them cuz the servers are always dead
  • Zinjo
    202 posts Member
    edited February 4
    kyle221b wrote: »
    As for extraction, I had an idea of using Bespin for this, they could make the payload Han Solo frozen in Carbonite with the STORMTROOPERS pushing it for once, and cloud city personnel/rebels stopping it on its way to Boba Fett's ship (Slave I).
    THAT would be a FUN map to play, great idea!

l9f9dxn8dc3e.jpg

• Zinjo
    202 posts Member
    edited February 4
    either this or we need to all just go back and play BF2015 again. Once the lobbies drain from BF2017 I think they'll get the idea.

I wonder if that isn't the best solution. A demonstration to the Dev's just how many OT fans actually play this game. They seem to be under the delusion that only Millenials play a game based on a 40 year old franchise.
    BF2015 is still loaded on my Xbox, maybe I need to fire it up again.
    l9f9dxn8dc3e.jpg

• Duke_M
    53 posts Member
    edited February 6
    either this or we need to all just go back and play BF2015 again. Once the lobbies drain from BF2017 I think they'll get the idea.

How I'd love to see Supremacy and Turning Point added to BF2 - with the BF 2015 maps. That would improve the game tenfold IMO. Galactic Assault was clearly crafted by someone who simply was too bored to make any real effort.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg
  • slarlac249
    129 posts Member
    edited February 6
    The roadmaps they keep doing seem to add 1% new content and just focus on "events" which add nothing to the game.
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    pretty sure this has been asked before and a lot of you would love to have all the maps in the one game and also not everyone got to even play some of later dlc for the first game due to server population dropping back when the new game got announced.

i know some maps from the first game are in bf2 but some of the best ones aren't like the rogue one dlc maps and the death star dlc maps and others.

would love to finally play those.

You will have to wait the end of the Clone Wars era season for that, they will be added during the Galactic civil war era season.
  • Lionbite wrote: »

You will have to wait the end of the Clone Wars era season for that, they will be added during the Galactic civil war era season.

Where is any of this info coming from???
  • Lionbite
    133 posts Member
    edited February 7
    Lionbite wrote: »

Where is any of this info coming from???

Logic...

Why don't you look around and feel the Force??

Look at what is Star Wars around aside of SWBF2... look up for the new eras name and comic books for it...

Star Wars is a whole and Disney with EA and Dice have understood this, this game is a piece of a puzzle.

Star Wars is bigger than you think, it is Alive.
    Post edited by Lionbite on
  • I'm waiting for Scarif since day1...
    xvp1cz7hb3ad.jpg
  • I think Jakku would work fine for the Large scale Game mode I think. :O Or hope.
  • Given how fast new material emerges for other online shooter games, I have to believe that EA/DICE may not have a dedicated Dev team for BF. Yes, they have objectives and weekly Dev meetings (my imagination, yes) to review progress, but the same Dev team members are probably working on other non-BF stuff as well.

If EA/DICE had even a few dedicated Dev team members, we should be seeing new material on a more frequent basis.

Not porting over the BF1 material was a marketing blunder, in my opinion. Now, you have two separate and possibly competing products for the marketplace. BF2, 2+ years on, is still competing to fully usurp BF1 players. That should be a no-brainer.. port 80-90% of BF1 material in to BF2 and kill off the older version. As is, we still spend a good amount of time on BF1 and have not purchased BF2 (at all) for one of our XBoxes. If BF1 were suddenly part of BF2, "oh, let's go get BF2 for the XBox" would be uttered in a heartbeat or 3. But we still very much enjoy a lot of the BF1 not in BF2.

And BF2 should have far more frequent updates to it than we are getting. Fortnite, e.g., practically has monthly material updates. We PAY far more for Battlefront, yet we are getting piecemeal updates about once a quarter.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    Fortnite, e.g., practically has monthly material updates. We PAY far more for Battlefront, yet we are getting piecemeal updates about once a quarter.

You can't really compare the two......just because the number of players in the game. In June 2018 there were like 125 million people playing Fortnite. It's not quite that high now, but still much higher than Battlefront 2 has ever been. I'm sure there are only a couple million people still playing Battlefront 2 regularly.....if it's not dropped into the thousands already. Also more of those people buy skins in Fortnite with real money as apposed to in game credits like in Battlefront 2. In 2018 Fornite made 2.4 billion in skin sales. I bet Battlefront 2 is far from that. I mean I've got 1,000,000 credits waiting to be spent and nothing left to spend it on as I own everything in the game. There isn't any reason for me to spend real money when I have so many credits.

I agree though they need to start rolling over content from Battlefront 1 and create new content. The only way this will happen is if they start churning out more hero skins. I'm mean there are still so many to make. An some characters right now have none other than the standard skin they already come with.......missed opportunities!

• ◦ Fortnite is given away, players pay for upgrades in game.
    ◦ BF is sold upfront, with little behind it to pay for.

Fortnite gets more distribution and participation because that is the sales model that has proven to be more successful. Probably because of silly copyright issues, Disney doesn't permit EA/DICE to just allow BF to be downloaded for free. But, also because of that Battlefront should be a professionally developed and managed game. It's falling quite short of the mark in my opinion.

You're right, I can't really compare the two. I can compare the sales models and methods, though, for being after essentially the same market.

If they are going to charge upfront for game access (via software sales), I'd prefer the content to be free thereafter. I don't know why they tried to conflate the two. It's a weird mix that is not working out well for them. As I said in other forums, I'd gladly pay in-game credits for access to other weapons (like an E-11 or thermal detonators for my officer). But, they're not about to offer that. I still think we are owed monthly updates / upgrades, for the cost of the software. EA/DICE should be more professional about this; they need to commit resources to it.