criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Hvv scoring

I don't understand how hvv scoring works. I had a round with 6 kills, 4 assists, 0 deaths and a highest killstreak of 2. Yet my score was only 2700! How is that possible? I have had other rounds where my deaths were double my kills and I scored 10,000. I can't figure it out. Please help!

Replies

• Also, why does blaster heroes have it way easier to gain score than a lightsaber hero?
  • jonci
    1246 posts Member
    More hits, and hits on target i believe count more, i can have less kills than others and still have more points.
  • Smokjoe66 wrote: »
    I don't understand how hvv scoring works. I had a round with 6 kills, 4 assists, 0 deaths and a highest killstreak of 2. Yet my score was only 2700! How is that possible? I have had other rounds where my deaths were double my kills and I scored 10,000. I can't figure it out. Please help!

This game rewards you for every single hit you put on an enemy, whether they live or die. I understand why they do it because they want people to feel like they're not wasting their time, but it also does make for some cheap point farming.

Gears of War uses a similar system, but you only get the points if the person actually dies, and how many points you get depends on how much you actually contributed to the kill. You can get all the kills you want, but if you are not the main reason that person is taken down, your score will reflect that.

I really wish this game didn't hand out trophies for every single thing you do. But I guess it's a new generation, so it's necessary in their minds.
  • Yodamain wrote: »
    Also, why does blaster heroes have it way easier to gain score than a lightsaber hero?

blaster damage, dioxis grenade damage, stunning enemies, flashing enemies: all these things give the player points.