criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is Anything Going To Be Done About Boba, and Campers on general, In HvV?

This camping nonsense needs to stop. I play HvV because they're quick and fast-paced, I don't want to be playing for almost an hour chasing after some scrub who can' play or want to cheese the target system. If I wanted to play an hour of camping I'd play Battlefield Operations.

The repurcussions are that players are not tolerating it and the first sign of a Boba camper, Luke runner, etc players are leaving the lobby, even when they're ahead.

Replies

• FourStringBass4
    1328 posts Member
    edited February 1
    The repurcussions are that players are not tolerating it and the first sign of a Boba camper, Luke runner, etc players are leaving the lobby, even when they're ahead.

Runners and campers are two of the reasons I stopped playing HvV. When I still played it, I would quit out the moment I noticed either team had runners or map exploiters. My attitude was that they can run around by themselves.

Also, in before TjPunx says HvV is fine and runners and campers are not a problem.
  • In before TjPunx says HvV is fine and runners and campers are not a problem.

I'm guessing he's a Boba and Luke main?
  • There is really nothing they can do about this, except remove the target system. Last night I had to run laps around Geonosis chasing Grievous and Palp.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction

Not sure who he mains, but I have come to understand that he is a runner. He always defends running and the target system in general.

Kylo can catch Luke easily lol, probably all he is good for now, and to freeze blaster heroes.
    zzwptdfip6uv.gif

I'm the arbiter of consumer satisfaction
  • Lagodaki wrote: »
    In before TjPunx says HvV is fine and runners and campers are not a problem.

Kylo can catch Luke easily lol, probably all he is good for now, and to freeze blaster heroes.

Yes, if you catch Luke off guard, but if Luke is running that typically leaves only Boba to kill him as any lightsaber guys breaks the stun and the cycle begins again.

Not sure who he mains, but I have come to understand that he is a runner. He always defends running and the target system in general.

As far as I heard from PS4 user that played against him his in game performance wasn't really good as well.
  • TjPunx
    1459 posts Member

No I usually main Finn, Iden, Ray, Luke recently due to his block being the only one working
  • TjPunx
    1459 posts Member

As far as I heard from PS4 user that played against him his in game performance wasn't really good as well.

They were probably just easily defeated by me, and just PO’d
  • While I hate runners, I can understand Boba flying around as he is the squishiest hero and his damage output isn't the greatest considering his rocket barrage has such a long recharge time and his concussion rocket is literally useless, it needs to be replace with something that actually does damage. Other than that if I find a Luke or Maul running around ill probably just switch to Lando, (Even though I hate stun heros) so I can stun them and end this stupid running.
  • hsf_
    1756 posts Member
    Never understood why people run with Luke, he is an excellent counter-attacking hero, especially on maps like Kamino and Kashyyyk.
    Boba's jetpack needs a rework imo. He can spend far too long in the air, so I think he should have a better version of the Aerial's jetpack, one that can jump longer distances and more frequently - give him charges like Luke's dash or Maul's spin attack. This would increase his skill curve, but he'd play more like Maul meaning he'd be a jump in and jump out kind of villain. Maybe give him a slight health buff/damage reduction to even it out a little.

Honestly, I am not interested in criticizing people's skill level on this game. Not saying you are doing this, but people that make it a point to point out that people are bad at video games are probably losers in real life, imo. Unless people make money at video games, being good at them or playing them a lot is meaningless and not something to be proud of. Again, not saying you're doing that.
  • I don't have a problem with the system, but I have mixed feelings on running.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I remember Boba in BF2015 was fun to use, annoying to play against at times, but not at current levels.

He should get actual flame thrower as an ability, and tone down that ridiculous jet pack. And increase health a little bit.
  • I remember Boba in BF2015 was fun to use, annoying to play against at times, but not at current levels.

He should get actual flame thrower as an ability, and tone down that ridiculous jet pack. And increase health a little bit.

+1 -he felt so much better in bf2015
  • They should just put a timer on the target system 3 or 5 minutes tops, then it’s switches to another person.That will solve the problem. Because we’ve all had matches that have lasted wayyyy to long because of runners.
  • People still crying about this? :smiley:
    You can't force people to play as you want them to. They'll just find other exploits.
  • As a 2015 Boba Fett main that flamethrower ability was garbage.
    I remember Boba in BF2015 was fun to use, annoying to play against at times, but not at current levels.

• TjPunx
    1459 posts Member
    They should just put a timer on the target system 3 or 5 minutes tops, then it’s switches to another person.That will solve the problem. Because we’ve all had matches that have lasted wayyyy to long because of runners.

Absolutely not. Nope
  • They should just put a timer on the target system 3 or 5 minutes tops, then it’s switches to another person.That will solve the problem. Because we’ve all had matches that have lasted wayyyy to long because of runners.

Either this or make the playing area get smaller until a target is killed. They definitely aren't changing it this late into the game though. Sad.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    They should just put a timer on the target system 3 or 5 minutes tops, then it’s switches to another person.That will solve the problem. Because we’ve all had matches that have lasted wayyyy to long because of runners.

Absolutely not. Nope

no they absolutely should. have a 2 minute timer. after 10 secs of not fighting the timer begins to tick down. if it reaches 0 you automatically die and a point is rewarded to the other team. this will get players to engage in combat instead of act like complete cowards who we all know are not actually good at the game.

the Target system in general encourages horrible gameplay that really just devolves into a running simulator for both teams. if players want to run away all the time. they can go play a Star Wars running simulator. im sure those exist on your phone. should go play that.
  • While I hate runners, I can understand Boba flying around as he is the squishiest hero and his damage output isn't the greatest considering his rocket barrage has such a long recharge time and his concussion rocket is literally useless, it needs to be replace with something that actually does damage. Other than that if I find a Luke or Maul running around ill probably just switch to Lando, (Even though I hate stun heros) so I can stun them and end this stupid running.

In HvV he's one of the best, if you're even just a decent player. When I play as him I stay with my team and only use my jet pack to catch up with teammates or to evade lightsaber rushers, but have never camped or continually flew across the map.

His blaster deals heavy damage, he can dish out over 600 danage with his rockets and with the disruptor card can shut down blaster heroes. What else do players want?